22 replies to this topic

#1 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

(Although this is the Conan and Sonja from the books/comics, try reading this intro in Mako's voice. It'll be cool.)

In the time of the War of the Ring, when Sauron and his dark forces clashed with the free peoples of Middle-Earth, there was a great power rising in the far East, far beyond even Sauron's piercing gaze. The power of Hyboria. The fierce and chaotic peoples or the Hyborian Age saw the War of the Ring, and were enraged that the Mordor and Isengard would claim all lands for their own. They knew it would not be long until Sauron's armies reached their home.

And so Conan, the great Cimmerian warrior, resolved to end Sauron's threat. Taking a great band of warriors with him he journeyed to Middle Earth to stop the inevitable destruction of his lands. But he would not travel alone. Sonja, the She-Devil with a Sword had learned of Sauron's intentions as well, and her people met with Conan's, determined to find glorious in Middle Earth as well. Thus Conan and Sonja traveled with their army, ready to battle Sauron's forces at the gates of Mordor itself...

"Fear... The city is RANK with it. We must ease their pain. Release..." Gothmog, the great and powerful commander of the Morgul host, second in command only to the Witch King of Angmar was ready to begin the assault on Minas Tirith, but then one of his orc captains ran up to him. "Sir, there is another army approaching!" Gothmog, frustrated with his captains impertinence, turned and shouted "Get back to your post. Our troops in the rear with deal with whatever rabble that dares oppose us."

Sudden screams caused Gothmog to turn around and stare. A vast army was already close to their rear. At first Gothmog thought it was another wave of orcs, but looking closely he saw it was indeed men... and women! The army was only roughly half the size of his host, but it was the figures at the front that unnerved Gothmog.

"Look for yourself, Sonja. An army of monsters ready to be crushed, and a city ripe for the taking!" Sonja shook her head at Conan's impatience. "This kingdom is not our enemy, Conan. We came here to stop Mordor." Turning back to her troops, Sonja sounded the battle cry and watched as her people rushed to the orc ranks, quickly cutting the first line down. Conan, irritated with Sonja's mercy towards this city joined the charge, ready to spill the blood of any troll, orc, or...

"EEEEAARRRAAAAHH!" With a screech that made even Sonja and Conan shudder, the Witch King rode his Fell Beast onto the Hyborian host, knocking several soldiers to the ground, dead. Dismounting with inhuman agility, the Nazgul turned towards the two warriors with a faceless glare. "Hyborians... You are not welcome here. You will find disrupting my lord Sauron's plans was a grave mistake on your part." Unimpressed, Conan and Sonja dismounted and drew their swords. "Crom laughs at your arrogance, wraith. Look and see your armies fall."

Sure enough, with the Hyborian host having smashed into the lines or Mordor, Minas Tirith had joined the attack, sending out rubble by means of their catapults and crushing the siege weapons Mordor had brought. The Nazgul were divided between the approaching barbarians and the city, and Gandalf the White knew they now had a chance. Gandalf did not expect the Hyborians to come, but would take full advantage of the situation until Rohan came to aid Minas Tirith."The Hyborians are distracting the Morgul host! Now is the time to attack! Do not give in to fear, stand and fight!"

"It makes no difference. More armies are coming to aid the siege. You will die, as will all who oppose Sauron!" Sonja stepped forward "Enough talk, Nazgul. Face Hyborian and Aquilonian steel, and perish!" The fell beast roared and struck, only to be decapitated in a matter of moments. The Witch King drew his sword and flail, screeched, and charged.

(Conan and Sonja are fighting the Witch King of Angmar, with their army and Minas Tirith's defense keeping the Morgul host occupied. Rohan is arriving the next morning. The Aquilonian and Hyborian steel of Sonja and Conan's swords may be able to hurt the Witch King. Can they hold out until Rohan arrives, and wiill they slay the Witch King?)

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

Learn More About
Conan the Barbarian
Read more about Conan the Barbarian at Wikipedia
Official Site: Conan Properties International Links: Wiki - Conan the Barbarian Dark Horse Comics - Conan Barbarian Keep

Red Sonja
Read more about Red Sonja at Wikipedia
Official Site: Roy Thomas Links: Wikipedia Comic Vine Red Sonja.com

Witch-King of Angmar
Read more about Witch-King of Angmar at Wikipedia
Official Site: New Line Cinema Links: Wikipedia The Chain's book Encyclopedia of Arda

#3 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

"I am no man." *slices*

Conan should be hable to hold off the advances while Sonja takes down the main bad guy.

#4 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

Sonja won't be taking him down. He's too powerful. Eowyn killed him through sheer luck.

#5 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:26 AM

Sonja won't be taking him down. He's too powerful. Eowyn killed him through sheer luck.

I knew that, but Sonja has had more training, so she has a better chance of taking down the Witch-King.

#6 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

Yeah, she still won't. The Witch-King's magical abilities will take care of her before she even gets close.

#7 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

Yeah, she still won't. The Witch-King's magical abilities will take care of her before she even gets close.

Remember it's the both of them he has to worry about.

#8 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

Both Conan and Red Sonja has dealt with far worse than the Witch-King before.

Whichever one of them deals the killing(body destroying?) blow, might be brought down by the backlash, but the Witch-King is definitely going down.

#9 Culwych1

Culwych1

Official Match Board Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:54 AM

Both Conan and Red Sonja has dealt with far worse than the Witch-King before.

Whichever one of them deals the killing(body destroying?) blow, might be brought down by the backlash, but the Witch-King is definitely going down.

Yup and A on the setup - great descriptions and setting for the battle.

#10 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

Aren't women the only humans that can destroy the Witch-King? As Methos said, Sonja and Conan deal with mad magicians all the time. Sonja has the advantage here as Conan would fight Witchy all day, but not kill him, while Sonja has prophecy on her side.

#11 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

Not necessarily.

There is no real evidence to support the claim that only a woman can kill the Witch-King.

Someone(I can't remember who, but I'm fairly sure it's one of the older members), has made a fairly detailed post, explaining why it's pretty much bullshit, that only a woman can kill the Witch-King.

Hence my comment that "regardless of who make the killing blow..."

#12 Guest_Dr Pymp(mex)_*

Guest_Dr Pymp(mex)_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

So none have read the books i see, you cannot kill the witch king unless the ring of power is destroyed, however you can stop him, he was killed by a magical sword that happened to be used on him (luck) either way, he goes down for this fight as he man can hold him off by his own power

#13 Supes Rulez

Supes Rulez

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

Yup and A on the setup - great descriptions and setting for the battle.

Thanks

#14 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

snip

So none have read the books i see

Once again, you comment without actually knowing what you're talking about, that seems to be a trend with you.

you cannot kill the witch king unless the ring of power is destroyed

That is true, however they don't need to actually kill him to defeat him, they simply need to destroy his physical body, which they are more than capable of.

he man can hold him off by his own power

Impressive, not only do you comment without knowing the subject you're talking about, you also apparently don't really know which match your commenting on either.

Since you obviously didn't notice it, I'll explain.

He-man isn't in this match, the match is Conan the Barbarian and Red Sonja, against the Witch-king, which is also shown in the title, simply doing a bit of reading, would show that fairly easily.

#15 Guest_Dr pymp_*

Guest_Dr pymp_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

My bad I meant Conan, he can hold him off, but you cannot kill his physical body as he has none, he is a spirit that only Sauron can see or one with the ring of power which only one person can.

So I did fail to read, but you fail to understand the Witch King. I'll explain by saying that you cannot kill the witch king at all, but like Aragorn did is simply holding him off, which Conan can do as I said :P.

#16 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

My bad I meant Conan, he can hold him off, but you cannot kill his physical body as he has none, he is a spirit that only Sauron can see or one with the ring of power which only one person can.

So I did fail to read, but you fail to understand the Witch King. I'll explain by saying that you cannot kill the witch king at all, but like Aragorn did is simply holding him off, which Conan can do as I said .

It's true that you can't kill him as long as Sauron is alive, but you can(as I mentioned in my first post) destroy his physical body(yes, he does have one. described as "undead flesh").

The biggest problem is the enchantments protecting his body, which were removed by Merry stabbing him in the leg with the Barrow-blade(in the books), which then allowed Éowyn to destroy his physical body with her sword(which was just a regular sword).

#17 Guest_Pymp_*

Guest_Pymp_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:30 AM

so if Sauron is alive, how can you "kill" him? Answer is you cannot. As I stated Conan would be able to hold him off, but without the weapons Eowyn had Conan would not be able to pierce his "undead flesh" as he is a ghost (after he finally was consumed by Sauron's power

Wraiths are the most common of the three type of ghosts (the other being phantoms and wights). The wraith is without a physical, tangible form, and consists only of the soul of a person wishing to fulfil an evil goal after his or her death.[15]

#18 Guest_Pymp_*

Guest_Pymp_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:30 AM

so if Sauron is alive, how can you "kill" him? Answer is you cannot. As I stated Conan would be able to hold him off, but without the weapons Eowyn had Conan would not be able to pierce his "undead flesh" as he is a ghost (after he finally was consumed by Sauron's power

Wraiths are the most common of the three type of ghosts (the other being phantoms and wights). The wraith is without a physical, tangible form, and consists only of the soul of a person wishing to fulfil an evil goal after his or her death.[15]

#19 nrdman

nrdman

42*Pi*(Over 9000!)=My Sweetroll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:12 AM

The set-up says the swords will be able to hurt the witch king

#20 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:21 AM

The Witch-King is not a ghost, he is Nasgûl. The fact that they are also called Ring-Wraiths, has nothing to do with actual wraiths.

The Witch-King was unable to be hurt by regular weapons because of the enchantments protecting him, those enchantments were broken when Merry stabbed him in the leg with the Barrow-blade, which allowed Eówyn to destroy his undead physical body, with a regular sword.

The same would be the case for Conan and Sonja. Considering that the setup, as Nrdman has pointed out, says that their(conan and sonja) swords can hurt the Witch-King, they can do the exact same thing.

Break the enchantment, then destroy his physical body via sword-to-the-face.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users