6 replies to this topic

#1 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

There are a lot of ways to get your wish granted in Khazan. The difference is in the stipulations. Maybe you’ll need a lot of money, or lacking that, a willingness to ask no questions of a man in a suit. Maybe you’ll need to be a little girl who sneaks into a smoky club to see a talking penguin. Maybe you just need to say yes to the energetic blonde who teleports into your home with a hyper happy smile.

But sometimes you can’t always work with so much competition. The question is, where to begin. For The Broker the answer was simple. A giant humanoid bird manipulating children for villainous conspiracies was at least sensible. It achieved some sort of goal. But the other one, that was irrational. What did she gain by granting wishes to random strangers? Why make their wishes fall apart in humorous irony; what kind of repeat customer would return after such treatment? Why have such power and use it just to f*ck with people? It was unprofitable, and because of that in some way abhorrent.

Frogurt’s opinion of him can be summarized in a much shorter quote however: “Ugh, what bore. PLLLLLLLLLSSSSP (sound of blowing a raspberry whilst sticking her thumbs in her ears and wiggling her fingers)”.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Learn More About
The Broker
Origination: Super
Alignment: Villain
Team: The Syndicate

Frogurt
Origination: Super
Alignment: Villain
Team: Solo Villain

#3 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

Deo - One Man FPL Army

#4 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

Hey, the Syndicate needs at least one boss/global guy. They can't all just be assassins, bodyguards, and employees. The Broker's your insert criminal mastermind/ explanation for powers here type of guy. Don't feel like explaining how or why your wall-crawling cat-thief spider guy turns invisible? The Broker did it. Burning metal for blood? The Broker did it. Etc. He's there to be criminal, posh, malevolent, and to fill plot holes.

He also proves that I am capable of writing decent characters under 1000 words

#5 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

Deo, this character is short. Who wrote this? I know you didn't write this, who wrote this?

Also, thanks for making a Syndicate Big Boss. We've kind of needed one for a while. Other than, you know, Big Boss.

#6 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

The Broker gives me so many ideas! He's basically a free origin for whatever character you want. My question is: how much does he like the Mephistopheles comparison. Is it a noticable part of his character or is it just a conceit he happened to want to use. Can I get in contact with him via summoning circle or is cellphone more applicable.

#7 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

Cell phone would be a better bet; you might get the empath personal assistant, but leave a message and he'll see to it when he gets the chance.

I'm not saying what exactly he is, I like the ambiguity for now. He's a businessman for sure, everything else would be speculation.

#8 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:01 AM

Match Final Results
The Broker Won a match against Frogurt
3 to 2
The Broker: 25 fame points
Frogurt: -25 fame points