#1 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

Enough time has went by and what do you think of the new 52, your favorite book, story, or what can they do to improve it.

And what do you think of the direction of Marvel NOW?

I will answer after a couple of people go.

#2 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

There is a thread for this in Fan Discussion, sir.

#3 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

If you must know, it wasn't surprising that Marvel would pull something off like Marvel NOW after DC Comics had rebooted their universe with the New 52. Really, this isn't at all surprising considering the fact that Marvel and DC have been ripping off from each other's pages for a long time now.

-Rakai'Thwei

#4 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

I think it's making me feel old when I don't want to.

*rambles about the good old days of comics for some reason*

#5 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

I thought it was a bit weird including Rocket Raccoon of all people on the Marvel NOW page on the Marvel website. Why has he become so popular recently?

#6 Delta Force

Delta Force

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Anything that can hold my attention.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

Maybe GG's up coming movie.

#7 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO MATT FRACTION ON IRON MAN?!?!?!?!

#8 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:19 AM

I will give my thoughts on some stuff.

I like the direction DC took on most of their characters. So far I like this new Dc 52 Superman but I need to start to see more of Clark Kent and I need a nice story arc to get going here. Flash's comic has been awesome and Barry Allen is far from boring like his original comics in the past were. I love all these new abilities he has and I love the new portray of his villains. His villains look great now and I love that they actually have abilities. Batman is always good but seriously I can't wait to find out what happens when Nightwing, Tim Drake, and Jason Todd find out Damien killed as Robin. Its gone be f**king great because Bruce gave Jason Todd shit about killing but then lets Damien continue as Robin. Its gone cause some serious trouble in the family. The JLA was well done and I love how Hal Jordan finally go his due in JLA issue 12. Hal Jordan taking the blame for all the troubles the team had shows you how that character changed and developed. By the way Hal Jordan hiding him and Sinestro within a green lantern ring is classic Hal Jordan from the way back.

Green Lantern with the Third Army is gone be interesting after that story arc is done. No way the Guardians will be the main leaders of the Corps after that is done. I am gone agree with most people that Kyle and those other Lanterns he is with will somehow become the Guardians of the Corps when its all done. Either them or Hal Jordan and Sinestro. No way any of the Guardians should stay after betraying the Corps. Unless they get a whole new set of Guardians from the ones locked away with the first Lantern.

I have seen the covers for Marvel Now and the changes to the books have me curious as to what happens in Avengers vs X-Men 12. By the way how the hell did Avengers vs X-Men go from being about Hope to Cyclops? I hate that along with the death we got in Avengers vs X-Men 11. Emma Frost's horrible ass should have died instead.

#9 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

the line ups look ridiculous. Uncanny X-Force with SPIRAL, STORM, AND PUCK? WTF That makes no sense. Storm was disgusted by knowninG Wolverine was killing and so was Beast but Beast took Wolverine back VERY quickly. and Now she is doing the killing? last time i check Spiral was a bad guy and Puck was useless. Then Uncanny Avengers makes no sense due to the fact havok and Polaris just got back on X-Factor not too long ago. The O5 X-Men returning is just........a horrible idea due to the fact with the real ones running around why bring back the weaker more naive versions into the picture when there are bad guys more ruthless out now who would eat them alive. The Thunderbolts are basically the same line up Red Hulk picked to face the X-Force when looking for Domino years ago.

Then you have Cable and the X-Force that shows a regular colossus(no juggs),But Cable has been healed By hope completely but now he has an eye patch and STILL missing an arm which makes NO SENSE. Like why fix this character to cribble him the SAME WAY months later. and they are fugitives saving the day while on the run Like the New Avengers during Civil war.

Marvel now has a LOT to explain and havent even started.

#10 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

I disagree with the Old X-Men being naive. Cyclops and alot of them lost sight to what the X-Men really stand for in the present. I can't wait to see the past X-Men come to the future to see where their lives went. I have to say Xman you make valid points. Storm being on X-Force does go against what she is. I never liked Cable so him being back annoys the hell out of me period. Hopefully Thunderbolts ends because that book has not been good at all for a while.

LOL surprised to see you actually talk about things you dislike with X-Men comics.

#11 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

Why does Marvel do this? Why are you setting Iron Man up to fail?! Put Matt Fraction back there! Everyone knows he sucks at everything else!

#12 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

@Bigballerju:Because I read the comics I have detailed knowledge of the good and bad about them. Now each X-Force book they are putting out looks horrible, but Cable and the X-Force look the LEAST ass-tastic of the both. I really think whomever picked these rosters didnt know what the hell they were thinking OR didnt know anything about the characters due to Cables appearance which contradicts what LAST happened to him months ago,Storm becoming okay with killing DESPITE her saying she was against it WHOLE HEARTEDLY to Wolverine AND Cyclops face,Puck being in HELL but suddenly coming back to life, Spiral last seen was trying to kill the X-Men,Red Hulk and Venom both being on the Avengers, Uggghhh X-Force is GREAT the way it is and sells best next to Wolverine and the X-Men.

Now Cyclops view to me is actually the best than any other X-Men due to time. Time has taught them about the road they were on and if he DIDNT make those decisions the whole mutant race would have died out. Thats why I said him being younger he was naive. Even Xavier was naive. Hell he was kicked out of his OWN X-Men.lol That whole peaceful thing would have got them absolutely annihilated during decimation, necrosha, second coming, messiah war, fear itself and Curse of the mutants. There was just NO way that thought process would have helped them. They gained powerful friends(Magneto, Namor, Danger, Sebastian Shaw, Emma, and Frenzy) that if he stuck with the whole"urr durr we be mutants and no matter what people do to us we gonna protect them" Thats just crazy. Think about it ,Cyclops had his whole race wiped out, No help from "friends"(avengers or FF), enemies found out about the decimation and wanted to finish them off, and NOT KILLING would have sent them all to thier graves. Cyclops to me has shown he is the best leader in Marvel over the years. He was a boy and thought as a child then he grew up and realized Xaviers dream wont help the race survive.

#13 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

Oh trust me I agree with what you said about Storm. Cable like I said I always hated as a character. I told agree mostly with what you said about Cyclops but I think near Schism and Avengers vs X-Men he lost his way a bit. I have read a crapload of X-Men comics going back to the 1990s. Even some classic ones from the 1980s. Cyclops your right he did what he needed to do to save his race. But in Schism and afterwards I think he started going a little too far.

By the way his new costume looks f**king stupid.

#14 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

During schism I think he was just tired of "playing nice". Think of the old saying "if it aint broke, dont fix it". Cyclops was able to unite the entire mutant race! Complete Xaviers dream AND Magnetos dream at the same time. Able to Have Magneto AND Namor under him, make long standing enemies turn to their side(frenzy, emma, toad) and actually be able to protect his people after repeated attacks. And if you pay attention because Cyclops said one day Captain America would come for him for the things he has done. But again he would he listen to Cap when Cap never extended his hand during ANY one of the events that effected the X-Men so if other heroes turned their back on them. So i think going back to the "X-Men dont kill, save the world while they hate us" just sound crazy with it being only 200 mutants in the world and having them in society would make them easy targets. Utopia is the best idea ever along with the training he provides for the students/mutants their(protect youselves at all time, because you never know when you have to fight for your lives). That makes more sense than Wolverines ideology.

#15 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

Now after that abortion called Marvel now. I have to speak on the new 52. Now they completely destroyed Batmans family. To have 4 robins(excluding Batgirl) in 5 years AND have Jason Todd as his partner after being Batman for 10 years makes the math horrible. and Im astonished they werent like Um guys this doesnt add up. Action comics is just the worst, They completely screwed up Static and Mr. Terrific. They also need to make the solo books tie into these team books because Batman doesnt even acknowledge half of what goes on(court of owls), Wonder Woman CANT be the same from her solo book, and Hal is on adventures AND on JLA at the same time. wow

#16 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

A couple of things I need to say some stuff on regarding comics myself for the past few months:

LOL once again Xman I actually agree with you. Keeping most of Batman's history intact was horrible with the 5 years. Its like all the Robins were all in the Robin role for one year. I don't see how all of Batman's history fits in 5 years. Don't get me started on Action Comics either. As a Superman fan that book has let me down. Yeah I noticed too that the Wonder Woman in JLA and in her solo book do seem different for some reason. Hal Jordan wasn't on the JLA and with Sinestro at the same time. It may seem that way but you have to remember JLA started 5 years ago and we saw them grow over 5 years in the JLA book. Justice League 12 ends with them in the present finally and Hal Jordan left the JLA before everything with Sinestro happened. Captain Marvel has been f**king horrible. God what a horrible abortion. The Wolverine comics are back to being shit again with this stupid clone crap and thank god Marvel is canceling either Thunderbolts or Dark Avengers because both are horrible. The Incredible Hulk comic is also crap of course.

Okay now that I got that out my system let me talk about good books.

On the Marvel side the new Gambit series has been awesome. I never liked him but that completely changed with this series. Love Rogue finally being focused on in X-Men Legacy as she is my favorite female hero. All the Spiderman comics have been good and I loved seeing Spiderman meet Ultimate Spiderman in Spidermen. I am interested to see how Avengers vs X-Men 12 ends. I liked the one on one fights in AvX. Daredevil vs Psylocke was my favorite and screw Marvel Daredevil won that fight. Other comics for Marvel that have been good are the Avengers titles, Venom, Ironman, and more.

On DC's side alot of the new 52 comics besides the few bad ones have been good. The zero issues have been great as well. Love the origins for Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Supergirl, Guy Gardner, Bruce Wayne, Wonder Woman (Ironic since the issues before this zero issue became bad), and more. I love the fact in the Superman and Supergirl comics I am getting issuses on how Krypton was like. Superman's main comic has been good but its not on par with Smallville. Loved the arc with Helspont and the Predator like creature among many other great issues. Flash has been good learning about new abilities he has, his backstory, his villains which have been changed for the better, and more. Alot of good stuff DC has here.

Smallville Season 11 comics- F**king awesome. Enough said.

Non Marvel/DC Comics: Here are some other good comics that are excellent. Morning Glories, Walking Dead, American Vampire, Planet of the Apes, Star Wars Darth Vader and Ghost Prison, Star Wars Darth Maul: Death Sentence, Last Phantom, Bloodshot, Warlord of Mars, and others.

#17 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

No, seriously, who the f*ck is Kieron Gillen?

#18 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

Kieron worked on Generation Hope, Uncanny X-Men v2 with others, AvX: Vs issue 2 (Great issue), Dark Avengers: Ares, Journey into Mystery, and SWORD to name some of his work. So far he has been pretty good. He also did some work on Avengers vs X-Men. He will also be writing AvX: Consequences which is the aftermath I think. I don't think you have anything to worry about yet. He is new blood and started in 2006.

#19 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

I think that Batmanas a comic is good but the time line is horrible and its soooo messed up that they cant even speak on it within the comics because it makes NO SENSE. A robin a year? come on!!!!! somebody dropped the ball on that and made a huge blemish on the character. Now Wolverine and the X-men is an AWESOME comic, I have nothing bad to say. Uncanny X-Force is great and was a top seller but of course Marvel thinks that something that good can be better(smh god help them). But of course their line up is going to change DRASTICALLY which i already talked about. But the thing i dont get is X-23 has potential to be a great character why in Gods name are they puttinbg her in BS series? Better yet heres a question no one thought of.

X-23 said she didnt want to go with Wolverine and be a kid, but she RATHER be with the Avengers and be a kid? WTF. She traded one school for the next. Again that makes no sense either. Now i like X-Factor simply because they have thier own thing going on seperate from the x-men, i like having options.
what happened to scarlett witch giving all mutants thier powers back? in childrens crusade she was soooooooooooooooooo hurt and sorry about that and said even if it takes forever she would undo the damage but the only person she fixed was Rictor. and what happened to Layla? she had the same power to give mutants back their powers? AND Sage also. Marvel is going through their shitty times as usual. when the comics are REALLY good a year later Marvel will screw it up. I love bad ass Cyclops now im sure they are going to screw him up also.

also why does Thor have swords now? ugggghhhhhhhh come on Marvel. When Marvel NOW starts im going to be with DC until they straighten up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users