- - - - -

Match 12655 Thor vs. Solomon Grundy

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Dr. Pymp(mex)_*

Guest_Dr. Pymp(mex)_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

Ok so now Thor won't use matter manipulation, but remember everyone saying he will vs someone else. Very bias of people to say that when it conveniences them!!!

Solomon Grundy doesn't regularly fight Superman as per everything I've seen, and if you can all be bias then I'm sure it shouldn't matter Pis is running rampant here and Thor can "lift" the whole midgar snake so I'm sure Solomon is not that heavy. :P

#22 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:16 PM

Ok so now Thor won't use matter manipulation, but remember everyone saying he will vs someone else. Very bias of people to say that when it conveniences them!!!

Solomon Grundy doesn't regularly fight Superman as per everything I've seen, and if you can all be bias then I'm sure it shouldn't matter Pis is running rampant here and Thor can "lift" the whole midgar snake so I'm sure Solomon is not that heavy.

Isnt there a forum topic about most annoying member?

#23 Guest_Hahaha_*

Guest_Hahaha_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:31 PM

Oh no you think I'm annoying??? Big deal, what's more annoying is everyone forgetting what they say in one thread and yapping about something else the next. Show me where Thor has less feats than Grundy? Then speak.

#24 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

Oh no you think I'm annoying??? Big deal, what's more annoying is everyone forgetting what they say in one thread and yapping about something else the next. Show me where Thor has less feats than Grundy? Then speak.

so you know there have been times Grundy slaps Superman around

#25 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:48 AM

if it is a close match then no Thor wont use any of his other abilities. But if he is losing physically and not just losing but getting his ass handed to him then he brings in the lightning, THEN comes the things that Soloman Grundy should fear.lol But Thor 80 percent of the time fights it out due to his viking ways but here and there he surprises you and finishes people off quickly and save the trouble. Thats moreso when he is in his "put mortals in his place mood". I.E Ironman.lol

#26 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:37 AM

Isnt there a forum topic about most annoying member?

Oddly enough...

#27 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

That DamagingRob guy sure is frickin annoying

Oh wait wrong thread.

#28 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

:o

#29 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:50 AM

That DamagingRob guy sure is frickin annoying

Oh wait wrong thread.

good insert :lol:

#30 Dark Spider-man

Dark Spider-man

Nuking the site from orbit

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:55 PM

Good match up, I have to give it to Thor he knows now not to tale Grundy like a play match. In the setup it says at the end "Thor did not have time for games."

So I'm guessing Thor will know to finish this as quickly as he can as the punch. Whip out the lightening. :D

#31 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

so you know there have been times Grundy slaps Superman around

yes I do in fact I have some downloaded, but it's so few that is only due to PIS. There are also times where Hulk smashed Surfer around, is that valid too? Go back to the previous posts people were adamant that Thor will use his matter manipulation (turn things into gas) and win automatically, or that he swings his hammer ftl, or that he has picked up a midgar snake that emcompasses the earth, so now all of a sudden he won't because he is usually all hammer and punching? I say to those (you know who you chumps are) that they are like France and switch sides to be bias. If we are going to say and stick with a feat with someone than we should always do it. So in this case Grundy gets turned into gas or teleported to someone far far away, as Grundy has no defense vs that.

#32 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

Tell me the comic, issue, and what battle was taking place. I want to know which fight they had was PIS Pimp.

#33 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Big I will get that tonight or tomorrow, by PIS I mean that Superman can destroy planets and mve ftl, Grundy cannot and should not be able to slap superman around. Plus the issues he is in is the older version of Superman (some not all) so it should be moot that Grundy itself is a story plot to make a well story and that is all.

#34 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

Oh okay your reading Superman Beyond I believe. That takes place in the DC animated Universe which Batman Beyond, Superman Beyond, and Justice League Beyond have continued whats going on in that Universe in the future. However in the main DC (Not the animated Universe) Grundy is powerful enough to battle a entire team of JLA. Even the animated Grundy was that powerful. Superman granted your right should be able to speed blitz the crap out of him but remember Grundy is powerful enough strength and durability wise to take on Superman. Superman though has beaten Grundy of course.

The point to remember here is the fact Grundy is on a Superman level regardless of the fact Superman should or should not beat him with ease.

#35 Guest_batmanKing989_*

Guest_batmanKing989_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

idk superman has a hard time with gruny including the whole JLA as a matter of fact so grundy has a chance

#36 Guest_Dr pymp_*

Guest_Dr pymp_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

Im not talking about the show, Or else I would have said that, I haven't been home in 3 days so I will post some issues soon, but I mean this: imagine you and I are equal in strength and durability, I see your point that it would be hard to deny that Grundy is a tough sob, which he is, but not imagine you are faster, can fly, shoot energy, are smarter, and is immune to space travel.

What is to stop you from beating me up or at least do a terrain removal, meaning you send me to space or just throw you in the son?

No imagine you are the god of lightning, that can do matter manipulation, teleport me, throw a hammer FTl, etc and still be as strong and durable as me, have 10,000 years experience and know that I am able to take punishment. That's what I mean Grundy himself is PIS.

#37 captain Manzini

captain Manzini

The Duke of Prunes

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Troma Films, Garbage Pail Kids, 80s nostalgia, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Marvel,science, general nerd-dom, absurdity,dada,any and all things avante-garde, and, of course, the CBUB.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:00 AM

I'm thinking mjolnir would grant thor the win.

#38 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
B
A
F
D Almost gave this a "C" for a decent concept and story, but it was a little short and had several grammar and punctuation mistakes. This is an improvement, though. Keep working at it, man. :)
A
D
SCORE
Thor: 36
Solomon Grundy: 9
FPA: 2.2

#39 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts