• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 iceeater24

iceeater24

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Movies,sports,and other stuff.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

'' Loki! You can still redeem yourself. Just come home brother! '' says Thor as Loki grasps Odin by the throught. '' Ia'm sick of living in the shadow of your greatness! It is time you feel the pain I did for years! '' screams Loki. He throws Odin into a wall. '' This should keep you occupied until I gather my army. '' Loki teleports away. There is silence for a few seconds. Then suddenly, A big grey beast crashes through the ceilling. He tears a huge chunk out of the ground and throws it at Thor. Thor swings his hammer at it and destroys the chunk that was thrown. Solomon leaps into the air diving at Thor. The Impact was so intense, they went through the ground into the sanctuary were all the asguardian weaponary is made. Including Muelneir.

Solomon was in his element. Instead of grabbing a weapon, he grabs the entire forging table and cracks it over Thor's head. He stands there a little dizzy trying to regain control of himself but can't because he is knocked back through the ceilling. Thor did not have time for games. The two were now evenly matched.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

Learn More About
Thor
Read more about Thor at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Links: Wikipedia: Thor Marvel Database Project: Thor Marvel.com: Thor

Solomon Grundy
Read more about Solomon Grundy at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wiki-Solomon Grundy (comics) DCU Guide MyKey3000

#3 sherminatortwo

sherminatortwo

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

Well Solomon Grundy gives a hard time to Superman and Green Lantern but I think Thor will take it after a hard fight.

#4 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

Thor would have an easier time than Supes, being that he is versatile and more ruthless.

#5 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

due to Thors intensity he takes him down

#6 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

It's a pretty even match.

With Thor 'in-character', he's going to be doing his usual thing, with living up to the saying that "if all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."

Odds are in favor of Thor, but Solomon's durability and resilience might bring home the win(especially considering the fact that the Setup has Thor slightly dazed after a punch from Grundy).

#7 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

Meh on the setup but this is a fight that hasn't been done before. I agree with Methos but lets also consider the fact that Grundy isn't stupid either and is smart in his own right in most versions. If Thor goes in his usual attack first and think later way he could end up being defeated by Grundy indeed.

#8 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

If wasn't a punch that dazed Thor in the set up. And it would take more than that to affect him for an entire fight. Thor's got this, after something of an even punch up, via his variety of magical powers.

#9 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

The magical powers that Thor doesn't use often you mean in alot of fights? Thor loves getting into a physical fight first and that can cost him here.

#10 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:33 AM

Um it will take a hell of a alot to beat Thor physically, and then once Thor sees that he isnt going anywhere the magic negation thing would work very well and that lightning will tear him in half

#11 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

The magical powers that Thor doesn't use often you mean in alot of fights? Thor loves getting into a physical fight first and that can cost him here.

Yeah, those powers. The ones he will use when he realizes Grundy is a physically capable opponent.

#12 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

Yeah, those powers. The ones he will use when he realizes Grundy is a physically capable opponent.

Grundy being a "physically capable opponent", isn't enough to make Thor bring out his more esoteric powers. Thor loves a challenge, he doesn't bring out his variety of powers until he's clearly outmatched, which is not the case here.

As I already pointed out, it's a pretty even match, with the odds slightly in Thor's favor.

Um it will take a hell of a alot to beat Thor physically, and then once Thor sees that he isnt going anywhere the magic negation thing would work very well and that lightning will tear him in half

The Magic Negation wouldn't actually do anything to Grundy, aside from possibly removing Loki's control over him(it isn't quite clear in the setup whether he's being controlled by Loki or not).

And the Lightning definitely wouldn't "tear him in half".

#13 xLEGACYx

xLEGACYx

King of Kings

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,250 posts
  • Interests:manipulating the minds of inmates

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

I imagine that it would be similar to the JLA episode. The hammer is what will give Thor the win due to its magical capabilities sort of like Hawkgirl's Nth metal mace.

#14 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

Potentially good story, iceeater, but it could've used a good deal more detail. For example, we don't really know which versions of Thor and Grundy are fighting here. Also, watch for the spelling mistakes.

As for the match, I guess Grundy stands a chance since he's already dizzied Thor.

#15 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

I imagine that it would be similar to the JLA episode. The hammer is what will give Thor the win due to its magical capabilities sort of like Hawkgirl's Nth metal mace.

Not so much.

1. The Nth metal didn't affect Grundy due to "magical capabilities", it was due to "anti-magic" capabilities(something that the DCAU version of Nth metal has, but the comics version doesn't).
2. That would only work if it was the DCAU version of Grundy. But that version of Grundy wouldn't be powerful enough to be a physical challenge for Thor, which would make it a moot point anyway.

#16 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

If we're still discussing which Solomon Grundy this is, I would like to point out we don't know which Thor it is either. Some similar dialogue made it seem like movie Thor to me but I imagine Loki says something like that to Thor quite a few times in the comics...

#17 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

You make a good point.

If this is movie Thor, then Thor loses, pretty much regardless of which version of Grundy we're talking about.

#18 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

Thor makes him a xmas light, Thor will use his Matter Manipulation and win easily.
Grundy loses to Batman people. Sure he can be Superman level, but I bet those are few instances and riddled with PIS.

#19 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

Thor makes him a xmas light, Thor will use his Matter Manipulation and win easily.
Grundy loses to Batman people. Sure he can be Superman level, but I bet those are few instances and riddled with PIS.

More than a few instances he has fought Superman. You have openly said you don't read DC so stop making assumptions.

#20 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

Sometimes I think people on here still don't know the meaning of PIS because they throw it around too often. Yeah okay Thor is gone use Matter Manipulation because you know he uses it very often in battle. Seriously Thor has shown to be too busy fighting in warrior mode to ever stop and go yeah maybe I should use my other powers insteading of going through with this physical battle. Like Methos said he won't use those other abilities unless he is completely outmatched.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users