Hawkeye Green Arrow Clint Barton Oliver Queen

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 WHOFAN

WHOFAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi, beginning to enjoy anime, comics(DC/Marvel/Dynamite/IDW), reading, writing original fiction. Music, Movies

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:39 AM

"Hey guys, I'm gonna go for a 'burger, anyone want anything?" Barton asked as he slipped his
coat on, looking for his keys. Avengers Mansion was unusually quiet this early at night...

Not hearing anything, he grunted an 'oh well', and closed the door behind him.

Walking to his car, he had a funny feeling about going out unarmed and dismissed it, that is
until a bright blue glow came over him, and he saw his car shimmer out of existence, or was it
him?

Oliver was enjoying one of his rare moments of not being on monitor duty at the Watchtower,
so he was in a sporting goods store, browsing through the archery equipment, picking items up
at random, looking for ease of use, carrying weight, etc., when a blue glow surrounded him
just as he let go of a shiny new bow.

*It's a survivor-type contest where the two are dropped sight unseen onto an island, where the
two will be under the watchful eye of CCTV at all times. The island is self-sufficient, and
each archer will be able to fend for themselves. (The signal from these 'encounters' will be
sent via satellite to other interested parties bored with 'Reality TV. This is SUPER Reality
TV.)*

Each archer will be able to construct their bows and either standard, or 'trick' arrows, using
parts they might find from old airplane and ship wrecks dotting the island shores.

Question is: Which character can make it out alive? This isn't some vote-'em-off kinda show.

It's kill or be killed.

Edited by WHOFAN, 13 September 2012 - 10:48 AM.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:39 AM

Learn More About
Green Arrow
Read more about Green Arrow at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wiki - Green Arrow Green Arrow Message Board DC Guide

Hawkeye
Read more about Hawkeye at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wikipedia Entry Marvel Directory.com Official Site Profile

#3 WHOFAN

WHOFAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi, beginning to enjoy anime, comics(DC/Marvel/Dynamite/IDW), reading, writing original fiction. Music, Movies

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

This is my 1st match, I tried to see if it had been done, couldn't find it. Sorry if I missed it.

#4 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

It's been done. Twice. Green Arrow lost both times. Pretty nice first set-up, though.

#5 MarxzVulpez

MarxzVulpez

Quack Goes the Dynamite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Drawing, Comics, Drawing, Reading, DRAWING!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

Yeah, but in the Hall of Past Glory, Green Arrow won. So it depends on who is more popular at the time

#6 WHOFAN

WHOFAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:20 AM

I'll have to check out the hall of Past Glory. Question..? How far back do matches go, in order to see if they have been done before?

Damaging, Marx - thx for the comments/remarks. I'll try to do better as I make these.

#7 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

Ah. I hardly even look at those things. And I miscounted. There have been three user-created matches, pitting these two against each other. Green Arrow won the first. Though, with a score of 65 to 35, that was probably back when multi-accounters ran rampant.

#8 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

I'll have to check out the hall of Past Glory. Question..? How far back do matches go, in order to see if they have been done before

I assume that every match is in the Archive section. I just look at the character's win/loss record on their individual pages, though.

#9 MarxzVulpez

MarxzVulpez

Quack Goes the Dynamite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Drawing, Comics, Drawing, Reading, DRAWING!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

I just look at the character's win/loss record on their individual pages, though.

Yeah, That's one improvement this site could have: A link to the match so we could see the setup and comments.

#10 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

Yeah, That's one improvement this site could have: A link to the match so we could see the setup and comments.

You mean for each match under their belt, there could be a link to the match where it says they won or lost? That would be a nice touch. Doesn't help with the 2 vs.1, 2 vs. 2, and 3 vs. 3 matches, though.

#11 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

Okay for your first match WHOFAN, but it's not realy that much above a Rumble. Add more details to the story in your next match.

This is my 1st match, I tried to see if it had been done, couldn't find it. Sorry if I missed it.

Just about every popular cross-comics matchup one can think of has probably been done here a least a couple of times.

It's been done. Twice. Green Arrow lost both times.

And that doesn't count any scratched matches between the two.

How far back do matches go, in order to see if they have been done before?

I assume that every match is in the Archive section. I just look at the character's win/loss record on their individual pages, though.

Funny you should bring this up. I've checked these out before, and it appears many of these characters' records go back long before this version of the site existed. So in the case of many of the characters that have been in dozens or hundreds of matches, many of those older matches wouldnt be in the Archives.

#12 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Which archer is better at constructing bows and arrows? I would imagine Queen has the advantage, due to his whole origin story, but Barton probably has more technical expertise, what with his consistent affiliation with SHIELD and generally tech-y gear.

So, while Queen has the advantage of having done this before, Barton has less remorse and would probably strike first.

#13 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

Bah! No one cares about the scratched matches. :P

Funny you should bring this up. I've checked these out before, and it appears many of these characters' records go back long before this version of the site existed. So in the case of many of the characters that have been in dozens or hundreds of matches, many of those older matches wouldn't be in the Archives.

:o A grammatical error? From a mod? The horror!!! :P And interesting. Didn't know that.

#14 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

A grammatical error? From a mod? The horror!!!

Where? Where?!? :o

#15 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

Where? Where?!?

It's probably hard as hell to notice, even with my bolding. ^^; Check the "wouldnt" part of your post. :blush:

#16 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

But yeah, on with the match discussions, people.

#17 WHOFAN

WHOFAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:06 AM

Okay for your first match WHOFAN, but it's not realy that much above a Rumble. Add more details to the story in your next match.

Just about every popular cross-comics matchup one can think of has probably been done here a least a couple of times.

Funny you should bring this up. I've checked these out before, and it appears many of these characters' records go back long before this version of the site existed. So in the case of many of the characters that have been in dozens or hundreds of matches, many of those older matches wouldnt be in the Archives.

Thanks for the comments folks. DSkillz, what sort of things would you suggest to bring this up a little more?

#18 WHOFAN

WHOFAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:07 AM

Sorry about the double post, I'm trying to get the hang of the quote function, and I messed up.

#19 iceeater24

iceeater24

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Movies,sports,and other stuff.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

Hawkeye would totally win. If anyone has seen the avengers, you would know why.

#20 nrdman

nrdman

42*Pi*(Over 9000!)=My Sweetroll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

This is most likely the comics version not the cinematic version

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hawkeye, Green Arrow, Clint Barton, Oliver Queen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users