#21 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

because they have fought! lol and if you took 1 second(PLEASE) to read Nova primes power then you would not say they could win. Your talking about a "comic mechanic/PIS fight" FF is the weakest team in Marvel honestly and if you think they could beat Silver Surfer in ANY case without some sort of foolishness going on then your crazy. you need more examples?

Juggs vs the Original 5 X-men
Spiderman VS Venom.(you mean a bad guy who is stronger, faster, knows all of your powers AND can sneak up on you and you still find a way to escape death each time?)
Fantastic Four vs Galactus(this would never happen even on his weakest HE CASUALLY KILLS THEM)

#22 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

because they have fought! lol and if you took 1 second(PLEASE) to read Nova primes power then you would not say they could win. Your talking about a "comic mechanic/PIS fight" FF is the weakest team in Marvel honestly and if you think they could beat Silver Surfer in ANY case without some sort of foolishness going on then your crazy. you need more examples?

Juggs vs the Original 5 X-men
Spiderman VS Venom.(you mean a bad guy who is stronger, faster, knows all of your powers AND can sneak up on you and you still find a way to escape death each time?)
Fantastic Four vs Galactus(this would never happen even on his weakest HE CASUALLY KILLS THEM)

when did nova become such a ruthless killer and besides i thought we wasn't debating about what happens in comics.

#23 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

i am done messing with you lol sue can hurt nova prime she knocked hyperstorm on his ass she tore holes in celestials .
is nova more powerful then does that always mean a win no. of course nova wins if you count all of his feats and overlook all the ff feats of worth .

#24 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:54 AM

Yes she could hurt him if he stood around and did nothing. But if he reacted with his far superior speed, he'd knock her out with one hit.

But that's all irrelevant because Nova Prime isn't the one used here.

#25 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

then ben can match him for a good while reg nova don't stand much of a chance.

#26 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

Regular Nova doesn't have much of a chance true, but Ben couldn't match Nova Prime for a good while...

#27 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:12 AM

Yes she could hurt him if he stood around and did nothing. But if he reacted with his far superior speed, he'd knock her out with one hit.

But that's all irrelevant because Nova Prime isn't the one used here.

Or have a danger system, or a force field, or strength beyond The Thing, or a blast that could tear a holr through everyone, or open a wormhole in the middle of the baxter building. You know just excluding all of that yeah they have a chance.

But since this is regular Nova they stomp him. either way this is a stomp match.

#28 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

Regular Nova doesn't have much of a chance true, but Ben couldn't match Nova Prime for a good while...

no i was saying ben alone could fight reg nova because rhino did and ben is stronger more durable and more skilled then rhino .
but i do not think it's as simple as you guys think for nova prime to beat the ff because they fight people like him all the time and beat them thats basicly all they do is beat high powered cosmic threats. but i will cave and say if someone with nova prime's powers fought 4 people who each had the powers of one of the ff to make up the team in the real world then yes the guy who had nova prime's powers would win .

#29 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

You logic is flawed. Ok say The first time the Fantastic Four faced Galactus, say that instead of doing a whole "bad guy speech" he just blasts the earth in half. What would the FF do? What defense does the FF has against telepathy? Matter manipulation? Reed has to MAKE the machine to actually stop someone. and thats where comic mechanics/PIS jump in. Why would Galactus give them time? He has telepathy and can mind control people and is a matter manipulator. He could MAKE THEM kill themselves or turn everyone into ants. Why has Dr. Doom not just cast a spell on the FF for them to die?

If YOU were a bad guy with the speed/power/intelligence to kill anyone in the matter of half a second why even fist fight with them? why even hold back?
They hold back/forget powers because THATS HOW COMICS ARE!!!!(comic mechanics)
Galactus is a being that can recreate an entire Galaxy WITH LIFE and you think for some reason he just cant conquer earth? REALLY?

#30 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

why would galactus not blow the earth in half ? he wants to eat the planet
the watcher warned them of galactus ahead of time they knew what to expect.
what does the ff have to defend against telepathy reed and ben both have shown to resist telepathy in the past granted nothing to what galactus can do but they both have telepathic defences.
why does doom not just cast a spell on the fantastic 4 and kill them ? doom doesn't like magic he only uses it when he has to and he wants to prove he is smarter then reed by besting him in science they would be no glory in beating reed with magic for doom.
there they are answers for everything if you read about the chericters .

do i think galactus could conquer earth sure if he wanted but thats never been what he wanted .

#31 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

ok well if you know of Galactus power then you know that even Galaxies away he could still mind control them. He could wipe all of the heroes off of earth and THEN eat the planet.lol Once they showed the ultimate nullifier he could have mind controlled him and made him destroy it.lol OR turned the machine into glass.lol The reasons you listed always paly in the heroes favor. Just like Dr. Doom. "Oh I COULD kill them anytime but i rather show the world I'm smarter than Reed.lol" GREAT IDEA.

Most of the bad guy schemes involve some foolish plan or some huge flaw that plays to the hero's favor. COMIC MECHANICS. The Fantastic Four wouldnt beat ANYONE if they real in a REAL situation. Like for example wait until the heroes walked out of the dexter building and snip Sue and Johnny.(2 down) reed will be distraught along with Ben. then me being dr. doom I would just cast a spell on both of them killing them.! No villians plan involves KILLING the heroes. It involves getting them out of the way so they wont bother with their schemes.lol So alot of FF feats are very situational.

Some heroes have times where their TRUE power gets to shine, then you compare those times to the bad guy they are facing and see if they add up. Spider man facing Venom 1 vs 1 can be fair simply because they know each other, now if Venom sneaks up then hell no he wins for sure. Same with Wolverine and Sabretooth. Now FF vs Galactus.....HELL NO. Silver Surfer....HELL NO.

#32 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

ok well if you know of Galactus power then you know that even Galaxies away he could still mind control them. He could wipe all of the heroes off of earth and THEN eat the planet.lol Once they showed the ultimate nullifier he could have mind controlled him and made him destroy it.lol OR turned the machine into glass.lol The reasons you listed always paly in the heroes favor. Just like Dr. Doom. "Oh I COULD kill them anytime but i rather show the world I'm smarter than Reed.lol" GREAT IDEA.

Most of the bad guy schemes involve some foolish plan or some huge flaw that plays to the hero's favor. COMIC MECHANICS. The Fantastic Four wouldnt beat ANYONE if they real in a REAL situation. Like for example wait until the heroes walked out of the dexter building and snip Sue and Johnny.(2 down) reed will be distraught along with Ben. then me being dr. doom I would just cast a spell on both of them killing them.! No villians plan involves KILLING the heroes. It involves getting them out of the way so they wont bother with their schemes.lol So alot of FF feats are very situational.

Some heroes have times where their TRUE power gets to shine, then you compare those times to the bad guy they are facing and see if they add up. Spider man facing Venom 1 vs 1 can be fair simply because they know each other, now if Venom sneaks up then hell no he wins for sure. Same with Wolverine and Sabretooth. Now FF vs Galactus.....HELL NO. Silver Surfer....HELL NO.

nova prime has no transmutation defence so lets fire your arguement the other way whats keeping surfer from turning him to stone or to gum ?

#33 Guest_Doom Pymp_*

Guest_Doom Pymp_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

Reed is the man, he was married to Jessica Alba, even the gods eny him

#34 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
A
F Should have been a rumble.
SCORE
Nova: 9
Fantastic Four: 15
FPA: 2.2

#35 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

nova prime has no transmutation defence so lets fire your arguement the other way whats keeping surfer from turning him to stone or to gum ?

Dude WTF are you talking about your match CLEARLY states Nova vs FF.

If it was Nova Prime they would not do a single thing to him, physically, or mentally. He came down calling them murderers and if he is bloodlusted they die exactly where they stand when they see him. Silver Surfer is not apart of the fight(i checked),so Human torch would be destroyed because his flames mean NOTHING to a person who flies through black holes and stars. faster than the speed of light.

#36 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Dude WTF are you talking about your match CLEARLY states Nova vs FF.

If it was Nova Prime they would not do a single thing to him, physically, or mentally. He came down calling them murderers and if he is bloodlusted they die exactly where they stand when they see him. Silver Surfer is not apart of the fight(i checked),so Human torch would be destroyed because his flames mean NOTHING to a person who flies through black holes and stars. faster than the speed of light.

He's replying to your post, where you said that Nova Prime was able to fight with Silver Surfer, using the same logic that you used, in explaining why the FF would get defeated by a majority of their villains.

#37 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

thanks. and he DOES actually have a defense against it. its called the worldmind. it warns/protects him from damn near everything.

#38 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:28 AM

thanks. and he DOES actually have a defense against it. its called the worldmind. it warns/protects him from damn near everything.

Unless we've actually seen the worldmind protect him against it, it is not certain that it's capable of doing so.

And I can't remember any instances of it doing so.

#39 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

ok let me put it this way. It protects him from EVERYTHING ELSE so for example we never seen Superman take a punch from Ironfist who's to say it wont knock his head off?

We havent seen Superman take a slash from Wolverine whos to say it wont work?

#40 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

The Worldmind doesn't protect him from Matter Manipulation. It protects him from psionic attacks, but that's about it. There is nothing to indicate that it protects him from anything else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users