treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

And Friend of Children Everywhere!

(not sure if this will be the picture...)
Posted Image

Strength: Ultimate - Agility/Mind/Body: Weak

Bio

A projection monitor whirs into play, a documentary style video begins. It displays a view of the sky and then the angle changes and reveals a young girl and an older man lying with their backs on a dry, grassy hill. A mountain range paints the landscape, which is otherwise fairly barren. The man smiles and speaks…

“Oh, Incendia Os/ Mighty is your praise/ for there is none but the gods who can stand against thee.

We see thee alone/ Representative of the gods/ Symbol of their power

Sent from the heavens above as our defender…”

A towel lands on the head of a dark-haired man, muffling his oration. “Oh god, please stop.”

“What now Sarah?” the man says, his face contorted with frustration? The girl looks at the older man. He pulls off the towel revealing his comically bushy eyebrows and similarly unkempt mustache. She shakes her head. “Look Dr. Odierno, all you do is talk about your precious Incendia O’s. I’m so sick of this place and your…” She sighs; she didn’t want to insult the man’s life work. He was a crypto zoologist. Weird creatures that probably don’t really exist are his thing and she was being paid well to be his guard. Her eyes wander as she recalls that horrible incident he mentioned previously that inspired him to always employ a personal guardian. She eyed his face and noticed the scars from that unpleasant occurrence, “You know...never mind. I’ll just go over here. Scream if you need me.” Sarah begins to walk away until Dr. Odierno grabs her by the arm. “Wait.” He shouts boldly. “That magnificent creature is the entire purpose for our adventure through the Altai Mountains. If you can’t appreciate that, at least appreciate the paycheck involved. These areas are known as the Mountains of Gold.” Her eyebrow perks at the comment. She did like that. “What part of that paycheck is going to replace my nipples that will freeze and fall off into the snow during this hunt for the mighty Incendia O’s?” Odierno peers downward at the thin glaze of frost on the ground. It wasn’t that bad, he thought.

Part of him pitied her for not seeing the beauty in the land; moreover not seeing the beauty in anything. He wondered what could’ve happened to this young girl to turn her into such a cold-hearted young lady. As she stops to give him the benefit of the doubt, he decides a different route is in order. “…Come with me precious little one.” Odierno looks towards the nomadic Mongolian family that traverses the land with them. He looks to their guide who is tending the horses. “We shall take the camels for a little side adventure of our own. Let the horses rest and I will show you the true beauty of this land. We probably won’t be moving till morning anyway.” Maroon rolls her eyes, but placates the strange doctor out of equal pity. Odierno assists maroon with her camel and informs their guide that they will return later in the night. The guide offers his blessings, Odierno mounts his humped steed and they ride off.

As they travel towards the mountains merging with the high plateau of the Gobi desert, Odierno tells her that summer is ending and as the seasons changed, the nomads move where they can find open pasture and water. Sarah huffs uninterested, shrugs and looks away. He points to the mountains and says, “Look, it’s already freezing up there. Let’s go check it out shall we?” Maroon’s face drops. “Are you crazy? We’re in the middle of nowhere and you want to go up to the Mountains of Madness up there?” Odierno chuckles, “The cold is liberating child. The nomadic life is freedom.” She shakes her head. Odierno scowls wondering how she can’t see the magnificence of it all.

Late afternoon falls and a reddish-purple tone overtakes the sky as the sun makes its descent. “Oh my god!” Odierno shouts suddenly. Maroon nearly tumbles from her camel as she is aroused from a peaceful nap. Snowcapped mountains meet her eyes. Nearby a deep gulf in the range is open to their view. She admits it is a brilliant view. “I can’t believe we’ve run into something this marvelous. Oh my god.” Maroon nods, “It is nice.” As she surveys, she notices a smallish cave down below. There is a faint glow and shadows dancing as if by fire within it. She becomes nervously alert and quickly tries to turn Odierno’s attention from it, not wanting anymore “adventure” today. “Whew, I guess it’s getting late, huh big guy?” She giggles timidly, but realizes that it’s too late. Odierno’s gaze is fixated on the nearby light.

“Maroon.” He says.

“I see it.” She replies loathingly.

“We must…” He begins.

“I know.” She returns, “Please let’s be careful.”

“Sure, sure.” He absentmindedly replies and kicks the camel’s side to move.

She follows suit reluctantly, sulking in her seat for dramatic effect. As they make their way into the rocky crevasse, a low chanting can be heard from within the cavern. It visibly chills Maroon though she is bundled well. Then the worst thing that could happen in her mind does, Odierno speaks, “It’s getting late, we’ll have to make refuge in the cave overnight. We’ll head back first thing in…”

“No way dude!” Maroon protests. “Are you mad? There is someone already in there. They seem to be doing just fine with their singing lessons. Let’s go ahead and head back now before it gets too lat…” Suddenly, a towel hits her in the head. The same towel she threw earlier. Odierno musters up his toughest American cowboy accent, “Quit your whining pilgrim.” He jests. “You’re supposed to be the tough bodyguard. Do you want to get paid or not?” He says matter-of-factly. She glowers contemptuously at the playful attempt. She considers blasting his mind to smithereens and leaving him for dead in the mountain’s depths. She reconsiders due to her lack of ability to speak the language of the nomads, her need of the payday, lack of staying awake during the trek and being utterly lost and the fact that she needs this massive payday, like yesterday. Instead, she merely grins and bears it as they make way towards the cave.

Personality

Growing closer to the entrance, they encounter several uniformly placed headstones creating a path. They are weathered, worn and seemed like they would crumble upon the touch. Odierno leaps from his camel and runs towards the first one he encounters. “Amazing.” He proclaims. He waves Maroon over and points frantically, “These are thousands of years old. They are…” His eyebrow furrow as he searches for the words she would understand. “They are memorials: markers that pave the way to a grand place of ceremony.” Maroon does not seem impressed. The chanting bothers her immensely. She ponders reaching into the cave with her mind and blighting the psyches of the fear-provoking revelers to shut the sound down for good. Suddenly, she snaps out of it as Odierno begins reading the markers as they approach.

“O Defensor/ Long may you protect the cosmos/ Long may the children sing praise to your name/ Long may you live/ Guardian of the Stars/ Defender of the Earth/ Mighty is your praise…”

He looks towards Sarah with a wild-eyed expression that further frightens her. I translated this, but it is basically the same words as the 'Incendia Os Fabula'. I…I have never heard of this…Defensor.” Without waiting on her reply, he rushes to his camel and unpacks his supplies and races to the entrance. Maroon shakes her head in disagreement, yet hurries to keep pace.

As they approach, Odierno begins to pick up some of the words of the voices within. “Shaman.” He says flatly. “What?” Maroon replies softly. “This place is sacred child. All things of the Earth are sacred to the nomadic cultures that live here. They are a very spiritual people – the trees, the rocks, everything.” Sarah nods and looks back to see the sun dash away behind the mountain range just as they enter the cave. She shutters as a brisk wind blows past her. “Everything has its own spirit and all these things are protected by the greater spirit of Incendia O’s. But I always suspected there was something more to the Incendia O’s legend…” As he rambles on excitingly building tension, Maroon is lost in her own thoughts. He ignores all surroundings, but somebody has to keep them alive. She peers forward and notices the glow getting brighter, the chanting louder. Odierno continues, “Many of the inhabiting people of this land have forgotten the spiritual knowledge of their ancestors. The shamans of the people protect that knowledge. They are the…”

Suddenly, the narrow pathway within the cave opens into a wider cavern. Stalactites drip and bats flutter, but all distractions are lost to the panoramic scene that the duo encounters. A fiery red-blue flame blazes nearly to the ceiling, the heat is blistering and the air asphyxiating, regardless several heavily cloaked shaman sway around the fire in cross-legged positions. On the adjacent side of the area is a large terrifying, monstrous statue of a dragon-like creature. Surrounding it are dozens of smallish effigies of Incendia Os’. Odierno is mesmerized, his mouth gaping as he eyes the larger of the carved sculptures. The shaman chant in unison; the white noise sound is ominous and all-encompassing. Maroon’s flight or flight kicks in as she continues to struggle not to mind-blast the entire gathering and run from the cave.

The video then pauses. Numerous well-dressed men and women sitting in the dark shifted and adjusted themselves in their seats around a board room table. “Yes, Ms. Hanes?” the operator of the broadcast asks. “What’s the deal on this mountain? Are we going to get some footage of Incendia O’s or what?” one of the well-dressed figures asks nonchalantly. The operator smirks. “Incendia O’s? You think I came here to show you A-listers old news like that?” The operator laughs. “Sit back boys and girls, the ride’s about to get a little bumpy. I’m about to blow your ever-lovin’ minds.” Immediately the video began to play once again.

The video begins and on the screen, Maroon’s eyes are frantic as she looks towards Odierno. Likewise, he seems to be becoming entranced as well. “Um…doctor? Dr. O? Earth to Doctor Odierno?” He snaps out of it and turns to her with a feral expression. “Yes child.” He asks sharply. She whispers, “What is this place? Where have you brought us?” He gleams with excitement. “They are summoning it as we speak.” He says as he intently listens to their words. “This is amazing.” Maroon looks perplexed and frightened. “We should go? This Incendia O’s…” She begins, but is cut off quickly. “Not Incendia O’s…larger. Much larger. The Earth is in danger, but not from anything of…Earth. They are calling for a defender.” Maroon’s eyes go large. “Right…or perhaps they are calling for some primeval thingy to turn our brains to mush. Also, I hate when you start pausing like that, too many ellipses. Let’s get out of here doc.” He ignores her, simply muttering, “Droll…” under his breath and becomes entranced once again. She moans and backs away towards the exit.

Slowly but aggressively, the cave begins to rumble - her heart pounds. Eyeing the furthest reaches of the corridor in which they entered, she notices flashing of lightning followed by thunder outside. She hears the downpour of rain and sighs. Thunderous lightning strikes the mountainside. The shaman and the doctor pay no heed. In fact, the shaman begins to pray louder as if rallied on by the disorder outside. Maroon stumbles and grabs a nearby rocky protrusion as the mountain trembles violently. “What the hell is going on!” she cries out. Odierno ignores her as if in complete trance. Rocks begin to fall and splash unto the ground. “That’s it. I’m cutting my losses Doctor. With a heavy blast, she knocks the doctor unconscious and throws him over her shoulder. Quickly she heads for the exit. She exits the cave mouth and takes a deep breath of relief of the frigidly cold air. Her relief is short-lived however as the mountain still rumbles with fervor. Huge boulders avalanche towards them. “Shit.” She screams and struggles to drag the doctor and herself away.

Next the clouds open and it pours down rain twice as heavily as before, lightning flashes and strikes ferociously. Looking around, she notices that the camels are nowhere to be found. Her grumbling curses are masked by the sound of thunder. Awakened by the environmental fury, Odierno stirs. “What have you done girl?” He yells. Sarah grasps his shoulder and pulls him back inside to safety. The shaman heed them no mind continuing to pray louder and louder until the ground, no the entire hill shakes. Odierno, though upset agrees to make a break for it back to camp before a landslide occurs. They run, but turn to observe a sight that chills them to the core. Rocks from a nearby steep mountaintop crumble. Lightning darts from its surface and into the sky. To the surprise of the pair, the mountain or what looks to be something within it…rises. …and rises …and rises. Then in the mist of the stormy sky, it takes an ominous shape. Maroon and Odierno squint through the downpour trying to get a better inspection of the spectacle. “What in…” Sarah begins, and then notices protrusions emerging from the main mass of the colossal object. “Are those arms? Are those… Is that a head? What in the holy hell?” She looks to Odierno for answers, but is only met with his gawking gaze. From the portion of the mass that Sarah describes as a head, two glowing orbs materialize. She falls to her knees in horror. The orbs look directly at them.

“O Defensor…” Odierno whispers gravely, his voice trailing into the air. Then, the creature roars.

At their close proximity, the sound nearly deafens them. Its eyes turn upwards and it begins to rise from the ground in a rumble. Its body crackles with an enigmatic energy. The sky flashes like bomb blasts. Lightning strikes the colossus over and over with no clear effect. Odierno slowly opens his mouth and whispers something mutely. Suddenly, Sarah rises too and realizes they are moving. In fact, the entire ground beneath them begins to slide forward towards the creature. Sarah shakes the doctor’s arm, “Doc!” She shakes more vigorously, “Doc!” The doctor turns to her. He looks towards her like he’s seen a ghost. “We are on its tail.” He says to her point-blank. Sarah nods in agreement with a horrified face. Before they can leap down, the “tail” begins to speed towards the beast. They clamps on for dear life as it continues to rise into the sky on two massive legs. Odierno notices its angular body resembles that of the giant lizards of ancient times. A tear wells in his eyes as he watches absorbedly.

Powers

Movement: Flight/Standard

As they ascend, the chants below grow distant. Sarah cries out as the giant seemingly begins to levitate above the crevice where his mountainous body lay before. He is too high for them to escape. Odierno then takes control and grabs Sarah. He tosses her down to its surface and they take a firm grip unto the scales once thought to be rocks. “Quick, let’s make our way towards the upper body.” Sarah looks at him mournfully, “We’re going to die aren’t we?” Odierno stares blankly and begins to climb upwards. Levitating in air, the creature roars again. The pair buries their heads into the body of the beast. Suddenly its orb-like eyes turn and notice the intruders: the orbs becoming glowing slits. The pair does not notice its gigantic hand lowering towards them until they are swept into its clawed paws. The duo screams in fear. Finally, miles above the Earth, the colossus grasps them in its hand and pulls them from his tail. “Idontwanttodie Idontwanttodie Idontwanttodie Idontwanttodie!” Sarah screams piercingly. The monster looks down as if noticing the distance to the ground, then looks upwards. Gently, it places them between its thicker scales near on the hide of its upper torso. Frightened beyond recognition, they hold on for dear life as the mammoth lizard enters the upmost atmospheres.

Defense Powers: Force Field/Ultimate

The creature’s body flashes with a luminous energy. It pulsates rhythmically. Likewise, the pair marvels as their own bodies begin to glow and pulsate with synchronicity. Then there is static and the video stops.

“What the hell?” An older gentleman in a sweater at the head of the boardroom table shouts. The video operator turns and smiles. “That better not be it, Mrs. Sarah Maroon.” The man says. She frowns.

“You’ve got to be kidding me?” He continues.

“No…” Maroon says timidly, “You’ll have to hear the rest of the story from me. “Whatever energy that thing started putting out; it blew the camera after that.”

The man in the sweater blinks and sweat begins to bead on his brow. His eyebrows furrow in anger. The various others around the table moan and shuffle nervously. “Who the hell was holding the camera?” One asks. The older man in the sweater looks furious.

“Continue.” He demands of her.

Sarah pulls her chair out and stands. “Well, at this point the thing is vibrating like crazy. The lightning is shooting everywhere like the creature is controlling it. The crazy thing is we aren’t getting hurt at all. Every time the lightening hits, the energy field that now surrounds us absorbs the impact easily.” The operator looks at the faces of the addressees. Trying to ignore their disbelieving expressions, she carries on, “The thing was protecting us. Whatever field it was generating around its person…it was keeping us alive.” Despite her revelation, she was met with the same gazes.

“Anyway.” She says, frustrated.

Movement: Super Speed/Ultimate

“I was still under the impression that death was around the corner and as if to seal the deal, a bright flash suddenly blinds us both. I heard the doctor cry out and everything went white. I don’t know how long it lasted, but everything stayed white for what seemed like an eternity. I couldn’t even tell if my eyes were open or closed.” Earnestly, Sarah begins to get excited and more interested in the tale than her observers. Waving her arms emotionally, she continues, “It felt as if we were moving. Everything turned cold and before we knew it…” She paused for dramatic effect. “The light disappeared and we were…” she paused again. A dreadfully serious tone overtook her. The audience takes notice and shifts forward in interest.

“...well.” She says. “We were in deep space.”

Abruptly, the crowd laughs hysterically, breaking her concentration. Sarah turns her head away from them in disappointment. “But it’s true.” She says softly. The older man in the sweater groans. “Finish.” He says, hushing the crowd. She smiles sheepishly and continues as advised.

“I know it sounds crazy, but we were in space. Deep space. It was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.” The old man waves his hand for her to pause. “Where’s the loon?” he asks. “The loon?” She questions. “Yeah, where’s Odierno?” The audience laughs a little. Sarah looks at him flatly, “He was next to me – gawking.” They laugh again, the old man nods and she continues, “…Anyway, it had to be like real far out space, because I…I couldn’t see the Earth… but we could breathe. It must’ve been the force field. It…he was saving us. Protecting us from what was to come.”

“What was to come?” the old man interrupts again.

“Oh yeah, I told you this was going to be a doozy.”

The man huffs cynically.

“Well, if you don’t believe me now, you aren’t going to believe a word that follows.” She says. “I believe that.” He returns. Sarah frowns, but continues.

“So, I’m utterly awestricken. I mean space…it’s so large. I’ve been to the ocean, but it… this; it really just puts it all in perspective. The vastness of it, I tried to talk to the doc as I looked out into that great abyss, but we couldn’t talk. He nodded when he saw me try and pointed past the head of the monster. Ahead of us was the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen in my life.”

“…More amazing than your journey into the final frontier?” A heckler says from the somewhere in the room. Another round of laughter follows. “…More amazing than anything. I followed the doctor’s finger and looked forward.” Her eyes become wide and glossy. She raises her arms outstretched as if trying to gesture what she saw. “It was a space battle: an epic space battle.” Promptly the crowd guffaws again, but was quickly silenced as Sarah continues. “…and we were headed towards it. This time Dr. Odierno and I were both hanging our mouths open. There was a space fleet like in the movies - Sci Fi battleships dude. It was total George Lucas meets Michael Bay out there. The crazy part was this armada…well.” She looks around knowing the response, “This cluster of ships was fighting one man.” Her presumption stands correct. Ignoring them again, she finishes, “…and he was in a space suit.” One gentleman falls out of his seat from laughter. “Why would this super man need a space suit?” He chortles uncontrollably.

“I don’t know. Perhaps to conserve his energy for the fight, are you going to let me finish?” The man stifles his laughter and manages to climb back into his seat as he receives a menacing glance from his boss. Sarah winces.

Command Powers: Beast Master/Ultimate – multi attack/area/ranged/Superarea/Seeker

“Without any warning, the monster’s mouth opened. It was roaring, but we couldn’t hear it. Everything was like we were in a funnel. We could feel the vibration of the roar, but could hear nothing. I couldn’t make out the man ahead from our distance, but the ships had him surrounded. In the center of the cluster was one massive ship that shot at him relentlessly. The amazing thing was, he just sat there and took it. It was beyond comprehension what this guy was doing. He was like some sort of space magician. They’d shoot at him and he’d make the lasers, or whatever, turn back around on them. Single-handedly he made their hulls melt, he messed with their ship's propulsion system so they rocketed off into space and he could alter the torpedoes energy signatures so they were attacking one another instead of their intended target. This guy was a one man wrecking crew…but it wasn’t enough. Whenever he’d focus on the smaller cluster, the larger ship hammered him. You could tell he was getting winded from defending and attacking all at once. Worst still, upon our arrival several ships broke away from the group and made their way towards us.

Well that got his attention, because the things eyes sparked and its body began to pulsate with the white energy again. Next, everything went white and we were gone. In the moments between a second, we were there. We were right in the thick of that wild battle. Immediately, the cluster of fighter ships attacked us. Most of their blasts were worthless against the energy field created by the monster, but that wasn’t the problem. The damn ships were like relentless stinging gnats and Gigantor here was like an infant flailing away uselessly. The ships were fast, very fast and it seemed the creature didn’t handle short-range flight maneuverability well. Although his field held up, we couldn’t imagine how long he could take the battering. Meanwhile, the man in the space suit had his own set of problems. The battleship he was up against was massive. To it, the man was barely visible. His attacks were mind-boggling, but the amount of oomph it must’ve been taking him to avoid the onslaught from the battle cruiser had to be exhausting.

Eventually that bit of reality must’ve sunk in, because before we knew it the space man was making his way towards our battle and taking out the smaller ships. We watched as he frantically made gestures to the beast towards the larger ship. The creature must’ve understood at least slightly, as in a flash, we were on top of the mothership. The ship rocked as the colossal giant crashed into it bearing its fangs. Its energy crackled into the hull of the ship causing it to spark and tremor. The ship was beyond massive. If the creature was a mountain, the ship was a mountain range. Despite this, the beast’s claws tore into the hull tearing out large chunks. All of its weapons trained on the beast. It was amazing the amount of damage this field could withstand.

We clutched firmly onto the creature’s scales as it let out a fearsome trembling roar as if asserting its dominance over the vessel. As it broke through the hull, debris, wreckage and even the alien life-forms within poured from the craft imploding upon entering the vacuum of space. Lights flashed within as aliens in suits rushed to seal the hull. The beast clawed away at it and hampered their progress and then… it happened. Lowering its chest to the ship, we noticed something skittering across the surface of the monster’s skin. From our vantage, we couldn’t see what it was, but there were oodles of them. It took a lot of effort, but we managed to lower further down to get a better view.” Sarah paused and looked down, she took a deep breath. “Fluttering from the chest of the monster…well…it was a bunch of Incendia O’s.”

Exclamations of disbelief rattle loudly from the gathering. Sarah frowns in disappointment. Some shake their heads, others laugh and at least one listener audibly smacks his forehead. “I’m telling you guys what I saw. You can get me on a polygraph machine or anything. This happened damn you!” She yells, exasperated. “Alright, alright!” The elder gentleman in charge shouts trying to gain control. “Let the girl finish. I’m not going to tolerate many more of these outbursts.” Shooting the crowd a stern glance keeps them silent allowing for Sarah to finish her story.

“It’s like I said, this thing started unloading little, well little comparatively, Incendia O’s. I don’t know. Maybe they were its babies or something. They were just flying from the thing and into the ship. Meanwhile, the monster was blasting chunks off the ship with these vicious bursts of energy from his body. At the same time, his enormous fists and claws reigned down upon the freighter, the electrical energy pouring from them increasing the damage he did. Shortly after the release of the Incendia O’s, explosions erupted everywhere. The Incendia O throng was wreaking havoc from within while our escort was ripping them a new one from outside. It was epic.

Energy Powers: Electricity/Supreme – Ranged/Long ranged

Before long, the bulky freighter began to vibrate and the surface beneath us began to shift. While the Defensor monster were ripping it a new one, neither noticed the emergence of a massive gun turret that was rising from the ship’s bowels. We did. Without hesitation, we began to pound on the hide of the thing. Yeah right. No dice. The beast didn’t notice us, of course. Suddenly, the gigantic cannon began to glow. This got the monster’s attention. It roared and several of the Incendia O’s began to make their ways back to his hide and climb into his thick scales. Not all made it before the gun fired a powerful blast. Everything turned white again and we were what seemed like miles away. The beast’s body shuttered as the blast went flying past his body, even at that distance.

He let loose another silent roar, I imagine distressing the loss of his Incendia O’s babies or something. Then his eyes began to crackle and glow. His whole body flickered and glinted like a sparkler on the Fourth of July. It was beautiful.” Several of the listeners snickered again. “That’s when he let it loose.” She said. As if on queue, a flatulent sound erupted from the background. The crowd burst into laughter. “Now that was droll Mark.” A lady said. “Immature really.” A male voice followed, and then laughed. They settled down as the older gentleman cleared his throat, muffling his own chuckle. “Go ahead dear. Finish up.”

Defeated, Maroon continued with a heavy sigh, “So this thing, this Defensor, it began to draw all of this residual energy into its mouth. The blast was so immense, it moved the beast backwards. It was like a bolt of lightning, but larger than any blast I’d ever seen. Even in the immense cold, we could feel the heat from it. It hit the ship like a wave crashing against loose rock. The entire barge shuttered and sparks flew from it as the blast continued to rock it. Eventually it tipped and cracked in two, explosions from all over its mass were leveling it. The doctor and I nearly leapt into space with joy. I mean, I don’t know what those things were, but they didn’t seem to be on our side.” Without warning, the light came on. Sarah Maroon looked confused. “What?” She said perplexed. “I wasn’t finished. Then there was a celebration back in the Gobi Desert and the super hero, found out he was blind. A Sentinel. He even stayed behind and saved a few of the aliens. Helped them recover. He followed us home. The nomadic children sung a song praising our return…” One of the executives within the movie studio boardroom sat back down and the older gentleman rose and walked towards Sarah.

“Look little lady…” He said shaking her hand, “you have a very active imagination, I’ll give you that.” She glowered in contempt, preparing for the blow. “But we just can’t support this idea.”

“It’s not an idea.” She shouted loudly.

“Look, I appreciate your passion for it. I really do, but we here at MKM Studios just can’t go investing the sort of money needed to produce a movie like this on a whim. Seriously, it has no background, no following, no prior books or television shows, no evidence…”

“But the video?” she shouted.

“…Was a very well done fake. That video got you here; it almost had me convinced until it ended abruptly.” He gestured for a security guard at the door. “I’m sorry Miss Maroon. We are going to have to pass on…”

“No!” She yelled. The security grabbed her arm and began to pull. She kicked at him furiously. Her face grimaced with a reddened anger. She began to reach into his mind and hit him with a full-on mental detonation when the discharge of a taser sent her sprawling to the floor. The elder gentleman, Walter Perry, VP of MKM studios, stood from his seat.

“Gently Ralph. Don’t hurt her. Get her a taxi and take her wherever she wants to go.” The chief exec said calmly. “Rita, I want you to get legal on the phone. We’re going to run with this. Charlie, did you record that footage?” The VP said, his eyes darting with a delighted elation.

“Yes sir.” Charlie replied promptly. “Great.” The VP said, “Get Tom Hankins on the phone. Ask him if he wants to play an explorer. Change Sarah’s character to a black guy. Get Bill Smith. The guy in space? That was the Sentinel fella…what’s his name?”

“Blind Mike sir.” Someone called out. “Yeah, Blind Mike. Take him out of the picture completely. Don’t want any trouble from the SLJ. It’s too hard getting them to sign their likenesses over. Turn that battleship into a battle mech. We’re going to re-enact that live footage too. Rita, you got legal on the phone yet?”

“On it sir.” She responded.

“Good, That little girl’s amazing adventure is going to make us rich...well, more rich.” He laughed uproariously and like trained seals, the room followed suit.

Weeks later Sarah awoke before another crowded room. It was dark; she could not make out any faces before her. The air had a chill in it and she wasn’t sure how she got there. “Where am I?” She gasped. “You are safe for now.” A voice whispered. “She tried to rise, but there was something like a vice grip attached to her arm. She looked down for any sort of restraint. There was nothing but a man; a very, very large man in a cape. A voice spoke from within the void, “There has been rumor that you know something that is very important to us. You will tell us all about your adventures in space, Sarah Maroon. You will not leave out any details. You will go in particular detail about the Sentinel and O’ Defensor.” Sarah rubbed her eyes, trying to adjust to the dark. Her mind was groggy. She could not sense any of the minds in the room to focus a blast. She was thoroughly trapped. Her heart raced. “Wh…who…are you?”

“We…” the voice began, “…are the Fallen and your story is of great interest to us. You see Sarah, O’ Defensor…”

“O’ Defensor?” Sarah questioned.

“The gigantic monster.” The voice answered. Sarah nodded with comprehension. “O’ Defensor belongs to us. He escaped from our home many years ago. We would greatly appreciate your help in getting him back. Tell us your story Miss Maroon. Help return what rightfully belongs to the Fallen and you will be greatly rewarded.”

Sarah nodded unassumingly, “Okay.”

“Oh and Miss Maroon, we hope that you have not told this story to anyone else.”

Sarah looked to the floor. A bead of sweat swam down her face. “Oh…” She chuckled nervously, “Of course not.”

#2 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:08 AM

Probably have to play with the powers a bit. Again, the Ultimate Creator is a little wonky right now, so I could not get past the powers portion.

Though this towering Kaiju may not be seeing any database action, comments are welcome.

#3 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

comments are welcome.

Or not? But if we can actually get one round up, this is a reason you guys might need a D.E.M.O.N.

That is if'n ye accidentally wake the Kraken!

#4 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

One of these days, I'll finish reading this.

#5 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

Darkender, I swear if you steal another of my quotes...

#6 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

I read it and I liked it for the most part. I liked the swarms of Incendia babies. And isn't Odierno like a Sayang puppet at this point? And somehow Sarah is there? This is after she became a bodyguard, before Odeirno got kidnapped, and before Blind Mike became blind, right? Somehow that doesn't seem to line up chronologically.

Still, very epic battle scenes. And I really liked the movie studio pitch part, and "Tom Hankins" made me giggle. A nice tie in with the Fallen at the end, though I think that may end up like Percy's presidential run. Cool at the time, but not as relevant in a year.

Though I don't really get the old documentary bit at the beginning. Who was filming them? Why? One of the studio guys picks up on this, but its a legitimate question. Also, flying into deep space is standard? I know he's big, but deep space is really far. Finally, last criticism, I promise, its a little chunky. Lots of dialogue is squished together into big paragraphs with multiple people speaking per paragraph. It gets hard to follow.

Though it is definitely a true depiction of a cosmic. All hail O' Defensor!

#7 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

I read it and I liked it for the most part. I liked the swarms of Incendia babies. And isn't Odierno like a Sayang puppet at this point? And somehow Sarah is there? This is after she became a bodyguard, before Odeirno got kidnapped, and before Blind Mike became blind, right? Somehow that doesn't seem to line up chronologically.

This takes place before Sayang meets Odierno. Sarah should be pretty young here. Blind Mike is very blind in this. I know Blind Mike's power set. Blind means about nothing to him. That should sum it up.

Though I don't really get the old documentary bit at the beginning. Who was filming them? Why? One of the studio guys picks up on this, but its a legitimate question.

That was the joke. Who is filming? I thought it was funny? *shrugs.

Also, flying into deep space is standard? I know he's big, but deep space is really far.

Flying has nothing to do with how far you go. Standard flight means he can fly at low speeds with bird agility. - Rhek. O' Defensor is a horrible flier as depicted in the space fight when the ships were swarming him. His flight is basically levitation through electromagnetic means. Super Speed handled the distance and Ultimate Force Field handled the problems with deep space. However looking back Super Speed should probably be changed to Energy Wave Surfing as he is traveling through lightning. In all, he can clumsily fly small distances, but he travels through lightning. Yeah that's EWS. I'll change that.

Finally, last criticism, I promise, its a little chunky. Lots of dialogue is squished together into big paragraphs with multiple people speaking per paragraph. It gets hard to follow.

I can try to fix that if I ever get to post it.

Though it is definitely a true depiction of a cosmic. All hail O' Defensor!

Good good. Thanks.

#8 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

Darkender, I swear if you steal another of my quotes...

:P

#9 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

Sarah Maroon has now been Fallen, Syndicate, Sentinel, Angel of Mercy, and Child of Sayang. Quick, someone write a KALI fic!

#10 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

KALI

Sarah Maroon.

The End.

#11 treacherous

treacherous