26 replies to this topic

#21 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

Matthew listened to Pagan, while examining the small camp, then nodded and turned to the group. "Pagan is right, we need to neutralize the tower first. Jet Cat, dig an opening under the fence, big enough for a grown man, but no more than that. Hurry, but don't attract unnecessary attention.

Once we can get under the fence, Trace and I will go in and neutralize the guards in the tower. Trace, you take the lead. Stay invisible and give a sign once you're in position.

Once Trace and I go in, Pagan will be in charge of the group out here. I'll let you know once the tower is secured.

Trace, once you're in position, let me know. Then eliminate any guards you can. If you can get any attention away from the entrance of the tower, great. If not... I'll deal."

Decision: Jet Cat digs a hole under the fence to allow Trace and Matthew to go under. Trace and Matthew then goes to the tower, Trace in the lead. Once in the tower, Trace and Matthew eliminate any guards there, as fast and quietly as possible
(Jet Cat - Digging: Standard,
Trace - Invisibility: Superior, then Piercing Weapon: Standard, and Weapons Master: Standard, to eliminate guards.
Matthew: Super Speed/Reaction Time: Standard, then Martial Arts: Superior to eliminate guards, if possible, combined with Super Speed.)

OOC: Again, If I've messed up somewhere, let me know and I'll fix it(still not sure how 'powers' can be mixed and matched, so might have messed up there).

#22 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

Round 2

F.O.E.: Team leader, Matthew issues the order to seize the tower stealthily with Trace in the lead; Pagan and her group waiting for word of success/failure. In the meantime, Pagan uses detective to survey the guard entering his code at the gate.

Time (vs. arrival of Alpha Sentinels): 0430 (0700)

Pagan silences the group to a dead hush and listens to the sound of the key punches of the entering guard at the control center door. Her mind locks the sound in for future reference. Hopefully, she will be able to play back the tone when needed.

Meanwhile, Jet Cat quickly digs a hole beneath the fence. The question is, are thereguards around to witness this?

Difficulty: I judged this by a flip of the coin. Head=guards/Tails=no guards. Tails: There are no roaming guards in the vicinity. However, there are at least two guards directly above in the tower and the two guards off to the distance at the control center. Seeing you guys would be difficult, but hearing is a threat that could cause them to send someone to check it out. There wouldn’t be any need for them to be listening for threats, but it is a possibility if the cat is clumsy. 8

Results: Team rolls a 7. Uh oh. Incoming. At least one guard up above hears the noise. He will be looking over the sides for problems.

________________________________________________________________________________________

F.O.E.: Trace and Matthew crawl through the space and attempt to take out the guards above in the tower.

Difficulty: Pretty tough. Although there are no guards around (save the two guards at the gate), this is a rickety tower. Luckily, I believe the agility of Trace will help him and the speed of Matthew, may help him get the jump on the guards so they wouldn’t have time to react even if they did notice something. Good picks to go up the tower. I’m going to say a 10 difficulty due to the two guards at the gate and the one guard that has heard something.
Now let’s see: We’ll add +2 Superior invisibility. Guards have handguns (superior piercing/ranged) which ace standard piercing weapons and martial arts. – 1. However, Trace is invisible and Matthew is very fast. Very fast. + 2 Standard reaction/super speed. Last, we have two guards that might hear or see something through the haze and a guard above that is definitely alert to some strange noise down below. - 2

Results: Team rolls a 10 + 2 – 1 + 2 – 2 = 11. You lucky bastards. A straight kill. The guards are down. The whole operation only takes four minutes.

Trace – Health: 100% Kill Points: 1 = 10
Matthew – Health: 100% Kill Points: 1 = 10

Time (vs. arrival of Alpha Sentinels): 0434 (0700)

Trace and Matthew capture the tower as the guards seemed to be just ending a call to the control center. One of the guards wrote something on a piece of paper:

“Check in: 0500”

There is periodic check-in times in thirty minute intervals from throughout the night. There are notes scribbled on some. The writing is not legible in any language Trace or Matthew know. With the tower occupied, Pagan and her team await their instructions.

#23 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

"Come in tower team... Hello... I may have the sequence to the front gate, but we still have to deal with the two men guarding it... Hello?... If you're dead say nothing."

#24 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

"Pagan, can you take Reaper and Icarus and silently, I repeat silently, take out those two guards? Jet Cat should be able to warn you if any incoming danger."

Matthew turned to Trace "Let's get the uniforms and any usable equipment from the dead guards. Disguises will give us a little extra time if we encounter anyone. Even a few split seconds can make a difference."

With that, he moved to the nearest incapacitated guard, and started the work. "Pagan. If you think the risk of taking out the guards with Reaper and Icarus is too great, Trace and I will be ready again in a few minutes. Currently procuring... equipment that will further enhance our stealth capabilities in encounters with enemy guards.
Regardless, for now I leave the decisions on the actions of the outside group up to you."

OOC: We are currently split up, even if we're only separated by a fence and a few meters. That leaves Pagan as the member in charge of Reaper, Icarus and Jet Cat. Unless I've misunderstood something. Though Pagan can, of course, defer the decisions to Matthew, over the radio.

#25 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

"We'll take care of the guards out front, we shouldn't waste any time waiting for you two to come around."

Ok, how to do this. They're guarding the control center, so sneaking up behind them is out because their backs are to the control center, and we would already have to be there in order to approach from behind. Plus if we were already there, we wouldn't need to get in.

How to do this indeed...

Ranged attack? Icarus and Sprinkles would only cause more attention, and even if I tried to hit them with a lightning bolt, that would certainly get everyone's attention. Maybe Reaper? Shooting giant tendrils at people is relatively quiet. Though if he misses, the remaining guard will scream bloody murder.

An up close attack could take them down easier, a simple curse or one of Reaper's life drain. Though we can't just walk right up to them? Could we? Maybe if I played it cool, used the I'm a Sentinel card, I could take them. No, not quite.

Or a distraction, that could work. Icarus or Jet Cat could blow something up. But that isn't exactly silent... wait I got it.

I turn to my nearby teammates.

"Ok, I got a plan guys. It's as brilliant as it is unnecessarily melodramatic. I'll stumble towards the control room then do my best fainting damsel impression. They come to see what's the matter with me. Then Reaper, you sneak up behind them. I'll grab the one closest to me and curse him, Reaper you do your life-drain thing on the other. Should be pretty quiet, hopefully they never get to fire. Sprinkles, you fly up high and give us a warning meow if something bad is going wrong. Icarus, you can... cover the rear? Sorry angel mate, you're a bit non-stealthy."

#26 Sincere Poet

Sincere Poet

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

The reaper clenched his fist, with a small smirk upon his face. He'd thought about how long it'd been since he feasted on a victim. "Heh, I thought you'd never ask. Point me in the right direction."

#27 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

"Ok then, well, no better ideas? Allright we do that thing I just said. Everyone get ready."

I take off my cloak and wings and try to act as normal as possible whilst heading towards the gate. It's all sneaky so far. Coming out of the fog I see the men, they see me and,

"HELP!"

I then do my fainting damsel impression, hoping to catch the guard's attention.

Decision: Pagan gives her best performance and makes a distraction attempt. Reaper creeps. They will attack Simultaneously with poison and bio-vamp respectively. Jet cat is on look out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users