#3 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:43 AM

Helicopters circled above lady liberty, the last of the night tours coming to a close as midnight approached. The loud calls of ships reverberated through the air from the shore, swallowing the squaking of gulls. A gust of wind tossed a full head of twisting hair, and Katrina simply brushed the thick lockes over a shoulder. From her vantage point on top of one of seven spokes of the crown, the entire island was visible to her.

People still crawled below her like insects, slow and unmindful of the presence of the elven vampire. Not that her physiology was outright noticable at first glance... Katrina began to wonder if she was early, as a particularly strong gust threatened to push her off her perch. She adjusted and continued to keep on the lookout.

#4 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts
  • Interests:Shonen anime/manga
    reading/writing fantasy novels
    reading/writing fanfiction

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

Helicopters circled above lady liberty, the last of the night tours coming to a close as midnight approached. The loud calls of ships reverberated through the air from the shore, swallowing the squaking of gulls. A gust of wind tossed a full head of twisting hair, and Katrina simply brushed the thick lockes over a shoulder. From her vantage point on top of one of seven spokes of the crown, the entire island was visible to her.

People still crawled below her like insects, slow and unmindful of the presence of the elven vampire. Not that her physiology was outright noticable at first glance... Katrina began to wonder if she was early, as a particularly strong gust threatened to push her off her perch. She adjusted and continued to keep on the lookout.

"Well now Kat, not sure why you wanted to spar with me..." Katie said with a smirk. The next par would be broadcast telephically as she shot out like a bullet, a blur to most eyes, maybe not Kat's, away from her sister using about five coins as her own personal Allomantic railroad; this was an old trick of their mother's, "but catch me if you can." Her tin was on a low burn for sight in the dark, her earplugs in to medigate this issues of enhanced hearing, her Forces sense stretched oout, her mental defenses up and her metals burning. Like her mother before her, and her mentor before her, a single thought croseed Katie's mind.

"Let's have a chase now, you and I."

#5 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

Katrina smiled wryly. In the darkness, she felt at home... which now made Katie her equal in that sense. She had no tin, but indeed, she wouldn't need it. The ambient light was enough for her elf eyes to adjust accordingly, and she kicked off on superhuman legs toward the expert allomancer. Her strength alone propelled her for a few long moments. Before the momentum could waver, she uttered, "Thrysta vindr."

The air behind her compressed and exploded, increasing her speed thrice-fold. Her goal was to close the distance between them in a burst of speed, arms extended on either side of her body to maintain her heightened balance.

#6 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

Katrina smiled wryly. In the darkness, she felt at home... which now made Katie her equal in that sense. She had no tin, but indeed, she wouldn't need it. The ambient light was enough for her elf eyes to adjust accordingly, and she kicked off on superhuman legs toward the expert allomancer. Her strength alone propelled her for a few long moments. Before the momentum could waver, she uttered, "Thrysta vindr."

The air behind her compressed and exploded, increasing her speed thrice-fold. Her goal was to close the distance between them in a burst of speed, arms extended on either side of her body to maintain her heightened balance.

Katie mised not a beat. She could see Kat's approach from behind. Kat carried a sword on her person a metal one and as long as Katie was buring either iron or steel the movement of that sword especally coming at her at such speed was a dead give away. Katie turned to the power of her father, Starkiler in thinstance and let out a powerful Force Push behind her to cancel her sister's momentum and inreased her peed on the Allomantic Expess to put mre distance between them.. It was an admirable attempt but it wouldn't be enough, not against Katie.

#7 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:19 AM

Katrina watched as Katie's speed, like her own, seemed to rise to the point where her localized explosion was to no avail. Instead of dismay, an idea passed through her mind. "Once again... Thrysta vindr!" This time was different. Instead of behind Katrina, the effect would occur in front... of Katie. Although not directly in front of her, as that would be deadly, it was still close enough to her that her momentum would rapidly die. It would feel like moving through invisible mud, though in reality, a thick pillow of air is what it was. Essentially, she was moving through the force of a shockwave.

Her lightweight body still flying through the air, she would now begin to lose momentum herself, and simply allowed it to happen as the duo crept toward the edge of the small island, still high in the air. There weren't many places to go, afterall.

#8 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

Katrina watched as Katie's speed, like her own, seemed to rise to the point where her localized explosion was to no avail. Instead of dismay, an idea passed through her mind. "Once again... Thrysta vindr!" This time was different. Instead of behind Katrina, the effect would occur in front... of Katie. Although not directly in front of her, as that would be deadly, it was still close enough to her that her momentum would rapidly die. It would feel like moving through invisible mud, though in reality, a thick pillow of air is what it was. Essentially, she was moving through the force of a shockwave.

Her lightweight body still flying through the air, she would now begin to lose momentum herself, and simply allowed it to happen as the duo crept toward the edge of the small island. There weren't many places to go, afterall.

"Well played kitty Kat, well played indeed." Katie thought to herself as she dlet her iron and steel lapse, droppig to the ground and taking off on foot, running into the trees.. Allomancy in conjunction with the Force made her faster on foot than she was in the air, her footseps were fast but soft her breathe as shallow as he could make it, she took to the trees in the style of such ninja as Uchiha Itachi.. she shed her Mistcloak and tied her coin pouch to it Pushing it up into a tre beyond Kat's sight range but she'd hear the thump. She still had the five coins she'd used to travel and using all ther stealth training she would attempt to sneak behind Kat and hit her by Pushing the coins in her hand at ther sister from behind, if she fell for the rouse.

#9 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

In the moment Katie shot into the trees, Katrina grew evermore cautious. Katie, having shot from the rear of the statue, ended up landing in the trees themselves, but Katrina was still some distance behind her. That meant her landing point was just before the edge of the trees, and here was where she paused. There was definitely commotion coming from within, but the trees were too dense, her vision partially obscured.

Eyeing the flagpole nearby, she leapt about two stories up and latched onto it, overlooking the lush green trees and listening with sharp ears. The sound of scraping coins rattled in a tree some distance away, but the sound seemed unnatural. Too forceful, considering how quiet all had just been. A ruse, perhaps? It wasn't unlike her, that was for sure.

"Garjzla." Katrina whispered, creating an orb of blinding white light in the section of the trees where she'd heard the noise. It would last for a few moments, and her hope was for a simple reaction, as if to test the waters.

#10 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:04 PM

In the moment Katie shot into the trees, Katrina grew evermore cautious. Katie, having shot from the rear of the statue, ended up landing in the trees themselves, but Katrina was still some distance behind her. That meant her landing point was just before the edge of the trees, and here was where she paused. There was definitely commotion coming from within, but the trees were too dense, her vision partially obscured.

Eyeing the flagpole nearby, she leapt about two stories up and latched onto it, overlooking the lush green trees and listening with sharp ears. The sound of scraping coins rattled in a tree some distance away, but the sound seemed unnatural. Too forceful, considering how quiet all had just been. A ruse, perhaps? It wasn't unlike her, that was for sure.

"Garjzla." Katrina whispered, creating an orb of blinding white light in the section of the trees where she'd heard the noise. It would last for a few moments, and her hope was for a simple reaction, as if to test the waters.

Katie was blinded by the light the barest of moments. Quickly she ised iron to pull her mistcloak and co pouch ack out to her before wlking out to where Kat was perfectly calm, while ording the holodeck to play dramatic music.

"I see the usual tactics aen't going to work, she said, activating her shotos, on setting that would only sting, so there's no point in hiding anymore. Let's do this."

#11 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

Katrina was rather caught off guard by her sister's sudden and unforseen display. She, with one hand still clutching the flag pole for stability, jumped down and landed on the cobblestoned courtyard below her. Katie's shotos were out, and those were dangerous enough on their own. In the hands of a skilled duelist...

Her back to the moon above, she withdrew Uden, the black-bladed sword of a Rider. Almost testingly, she began backpedaling, never taking her eyes off Katie. Never letting her guard down. A few people still dotted the isle, but even now they were just meandering away like random sheep. Likely a part of the programming.

#12 The Technomancer of Nesh

The Technomancer of Nesh

Hoid

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

Katrina was rather caught off guard by her sister's sudden and unforseen display. She, with one hand still clutching the flag pole for stability, jumped down and landed on the cobblestoned courtyard below her. Katie's shotos were out, and those were dangerous enough on their own. In the hands of a skilled duelist...

Her back to the moon above, she withdrew Uden, the black-bladed sword of a Rider. Almost testingly, she began backpedaling, never taking her eyes off Katie. Never letting her guard down. A few people still dotted the isle, but even now they were just meandering away like random sheep. Likely a part of the programming.

Katie said not a word bur used all her speed, newly quadrupled to through the Lerasium in her shotos, Kat might have some difficulty keeping up with her by sight now but it wouldn't be impossible, and tried to get behind Kat and store a hit with her shotos. That would only, sting of course but if it worked Katie ould seemlessly stransion ito a serie of kicks to Kat's back.

"Thanks for teaching me hand to hand Belle." She thought as the music changed to something that paid homage her old friend. Still Katie was no master of martial arts, she only knew basics and nhow to strike to maximixe amage, that combined with Kat's durabilty would mean that the kicks wouldn't do much in serious damage, even with Katie's also quadrpled strength, maybe some bruisig.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users