• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

Continued from Ryu Hayabusa vs Vergil (DMC)

Vergil laid beaten and battered on the floor as he was passed out in a pool of his own blood. Ryu made his way through Ra's al Ghul's fortress as he had finally found walter in one of the cells underground. The two men embraced as Ryu made his way back to the States with Walter. Back in the States as soon as they landed thanks to help from Lexscorp with the transportation they immediately got Walter to a hospital.

Days Later...

Ryu sat with Walter back at his place in Metropolis who had bruises on his body that were still healing. The two men sat at the dinner table as they ate a Sushi meal they had delivered as they spoke about recent events.

Walter: My god look at you now Ryu. Your father would be proud. To defeat someone as powerful as one of the sons of Sparda shows you have even surpassed your father.

Ryu: Thank you. It is a honor to receive such a kind words. May I ask do you know what has happened to my father? He wanted me to see you and he said you would know what I need to do?

Walter: Yes...Yes...We have been catching up but I suppose its time to get down to business. Your father as you know when studying the martial artists went on many quests around the world fighting to become not only a better martial artist but what it means to be a true leader so he could lead the Clan to glory. On many travels he found powerful artifacts and powers that many never knew existed. One such thing was something called the Jenova a alien lifeform.

Ryu: Yes I have heard of it. My friend Cloud stopped a powerful evil called Sepiroth along with his master Jenova from using the lifeforce and it's power to become a God. He told me Sepiroth would have destroyed the planet. I don't have all the details I know they wanted to go across the Universe killing planets until they found their very own.

Walter: Yes you are right about that. Well your father was the one who helped trap Jenova in the first place.

Ryu: This he never told me.

Walter: He never had to because he and the others thought they didn't have to worry about it again. Up until months ago when he found out the tomb had been open and Jenova had been released.

Ryu: I don't like where this is going.

Walter: Your father traveled to the tomb to find out what happened when he was attacked by Jenova's most loyal servant.

Ryu: Sepiroth. I just saw Cloud and we sparred together. Why didn't he...

Walter: Cloud doesn't know yet and neither does anyone else.

Ryu: How did Sepiroth come back to life? Kadaj and the rest were killed so he couldn't have been reborn.

Walter: That is something I don't have the answer to but it isn't important. What's important is that you stop Sepiroth from continuing his goal once again.

Ryu: What happened to my father? Is he dead?

Walter: I don't know. Your father's transmission he sent me ended. I don't know what Sepiroth did to him and what he is up to now. You friend Cloud is probably on his way to fight him now. This time I don't thing he may win. Sepiroth your father did say had found a way to become more powerful then when Cloud originally fought him.

Ryu: I need to get to Sepiroth before Cloud does and fast.

Walter: I will take care of that.

Ryu: Good because I know exactly where he is going to.

Walter: The same place he fought Cloud where you and Cloud sparred?

Ryu: Yea. Its most definitely the perfect place for Sepiroth to take control of the lifeforce since its the strongest there for some reason.

Walter: Good. Get your things ready. You have one hell of a fight ahead of you.

48 Hours Later...

Ryu arrives in Midgar as he searches for Cloud. Ryu comes across Cloud who is badly wounded in the chest area and is bleeding repeatly. Cloud can barely move as he looks to Ryu as struggles to speak.

Cloud: Hey...Ryu..

Ryu: Cloud my friend always the noble hero who feels its his sole duty to protect this world. Have you forgotten your not the only warrior?

Cloud coughs up blood as Ryu checks his wound and takes out some magic herbs that he gives to Cloud.

Cloud: I felt Sepiroth was my responsible to take care of.

Ryu: Not anymore. Take these herbs as they will heal you. I have someone coming back to pick you up. Sepiroth and Jenova quest for the Godhood ends now.

Cloud: Be careful he...

Ryu: Is more powerful then before. Don't worry I have come prepared.\

Cloud: Good luck.

Ryu turns around as Sepiroth stands on a broken building nearby waiting silently with a grin on his face.

Sepiroth: Your right this ends now. Although if Cloud couldn't defeat me what makes you think you will? Your father tried too and he...Well lets just say he is in a better place Ryu.

Ryu pulled out his one true dragon sword in anger as he stood in his legendary falcon armor.

Ryu: I am going to kill you and end this now. Then I end Jenova completing what my father started. You ask why will I defeat you? It is because it is my destiny to defeat evil like you whenever it arises.

Ryu runs as he super speeds toward Sepiroth with a rush of power as Sepiroth does the same as the building collapses under his power as he flies toward Ryu.

Let the battle begin.

Ryu Hayabusa in his legendary falcon armor with his one dragon sword

Posted Image

vs

Sepiroth

Posted Image

This takes place after Advent Children for Sepiroth and he has been reborn like he was in that movie. Both men have all their powers and abilities.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

Learn More About
Ryu Hayabusa
Read more about Ryu Hayabusa at Wikipedia
Official Site: Tecmo Links: Wikipedia Ninja Gaiden Wiki Ninja Gaiden Homepage

Sephiroth
Read more about Sephiroth at Wikipedia
Official Site: Square-Enix Links: Sephiroth's Wiki Entry Final Fantasy Wiki Profile Advent Children Profile from Official Si

#3 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

Damn. Tough call. Nice match up, dude.

I know Ryu is a Helluva skilled combatant and has a variety of abilities to use, but i just don't know if he can kill Sephiroth. Or even keep up with him...

#4 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

Cloud was able to keep up with Sephiroth - Ryu is generally capable of defeating Cloud.

So he's definitely got a chance.

#5 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

Oh, i know he's got a chance, but Sephiroth is a beast, so it will be far from easy for Ryu to win.

#6 Guest_Posting type guy_*

Guest_Posting type guy_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

That bastard Hayabusa is fast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwGpUF5pC9E

#7 Guest_Pympy dibimpidi_*

Guest_Pympy dibimpidi_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

Ryu cannot beat Cloud, who ever said that? Ryu is good, but not that good. Not when FF people know magic

#8 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

They both have seriously impressive speed and skill feats. This is a very tough decision to make...

#9 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

Ryu can beat Cloud since Cloud barely uses Magic - it'd be easier for him to do so against Cloud than it would for Sephiroth.

And Ryu's got his own powerful form of magic - Ninpo. He can contend with Sephiroth.

#10 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

But can he beat him?

How does one kill someone like Sephiroth? My only knowledge on defeating him comes from Advent Children, so can Ryu pull off a similar move to Cloud?

#11 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

He can.

Honestly, it took Cloud to kill Sephiroth both times but that only shows that someone as capable of Cloud is capable of doing the same.

Which Ryu Hayabusa easily is.

#12 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

Ok, fair enough, i guess.

What is Sephiroth's durability like? It's not too well-defined in the film.

#13 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

It's hard to describe video game people's durability as it is mostly game mechanics.

Seph in game has a lot of HP, and has magic that can full cure. Ryu does too, but then you can stand there and be killed by regular ninjas.

Based on what we know, If Seph can summon powerful magic, then his magic is better, Meteor, super Nova, etc are more powerful than Ninpo.

Based on speed, Seph can fly, watch the video I posted, and you'll see that he is much better than Ryu.

And just because Ryu can beat people that are real powerful, doesn't mean much as the most powerful in one universe is nothing to do with another, DBZ is powerful but Marvel has Galactus and etc. as an example. So for all we know Soldier 1st class could be a group as powerful or more than the best Dragon ninjas that Ryu comes from.

Now there is no proof that Ryu can even beat Vincent or even Cloud or Zack, but we can speculate which is what we are all doing here.

#14 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

He can.

Honestly, it took Cloud to kill Sephiroth both times but that only shows that someone as capable of Cloud is capable of doing the same.

Which Ryu Hayabusa easily is.

Easily as in you know or you think? I think cloud would wipe the floor with Ryu, does that make me correct?

#15 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

Interesting debate going on here. I like the issues people are bringing up.

#16 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:36 AM

Then I think you are unaware of Ryu Hayabusa's abilities.

Which is a recurring theme in some of your posts...

#17 Guest_Pymp_*

Guest_Pymp_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

how am I unawarte, because I disagree with you? I am older than you, seen all his games, and played them all. I think you are just bias which is a theme you like to make an entrance with.

#18 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

Age doesn't really have any bearing on the point of a discussion if both parties are at least knowledgeable enough to contribute as it is.

That said - if you're banking on the Age aspect - I could honestly say that I think the likes of AvP, who is significantly younger than you, is a far more credible source, where he actually knows what he's talking about. Most instances I've seen from you, you've failed to grasp concepts that others have tried time and time again to elaborate, mostly in DBZ Debates.

And while it's true I've never actually played the games, I have done extensive research on Ryu Hayabusa's capabilities, and I have played both Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VII - Crisis Core, and seen Advent Children - it's where I've come up with my conclusion. That aside - I'm familiar with the mentality of the likes of Cloud Strife and Sephiroth - Cloud is the sort where he prefers utilizing his SOLDIER enhancements and his BFS to engage in a high speed, high powered close combat, preferring such over the likes of magic - he uses little if any magic at all, which is why I am confident that Ryu Hayabusa would win in most cases against him.

Against Sephiroth, a skilled warrior in his own right plus the fact he's been seen to use magic somewhat, extensively more so than Cloud, dictates the idea that it'd be more a fight cut out for Ryu simply because of the magic itself - though I like to think that if Cloud Strife, Sephiroth's mortal and hated enemy has a chance let alone defeating him, then Ryu Hayabusa has that exact same chance though I'd think slightly better.

It does boil down to opinions but opinions can be more so soundly informed than others' - something you seem to not get.

#19 Guest_Pymp_*

Guest_Pymp_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

I get it, but you aving never even played the games should not speak, what did you go to Wikipedia or something? Try to know what you are talking about and I will listen. Ever heard of potential?

Cloud has been infused with Mako, the same thing Sephiroth was, which is why he was able to beat him, especially since Sephiroth and him have a past and Cloud has an understanding of him more so than anyone else save for Zack, Angeal and what not.

Ryu is good, but what will he do if Seph flies and shoots from far away, speed wise Seph is much faster, my opinion in this is more valid for this especially if you yourself have not played any of these games and just read a few things online. and Age is a factor especially if this guy (me) knows the games like the back of his hand. I own all the games of both and I am a huge fan of Ninja Gaiden. AVP is younger, but he knows his shit so you are right age is not justa factor, but if you are 18 or so or younger, you might not know as much as you think.

Cloud knows as much magic as Seph by the way, something you seem to not even know. Research more I suggest (Yoda voice)

#20 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

Actually no - the Wiki for the Gaiden Series itself is actually pretty well documented and straightforward, compiled with facts by faithful, avid players. Insofar as Wikis being a credible source, yes, it can be an iffy source as wikis generally are but it is rather well done.

Did you know Ryu has the means of teleportation? Did you know that Ryu's actually as fast as Sephiroth if not faster (He's actually faster - go replay the games if you must, Sephiroth's feats (taken from Advent Children) pales in comparison to Ryu's)? Did you know Ryu Hayabusa can stop time? Do you know Ryu's Ninpos? This match has both characters with all their abilities. Ryu is easily capable of defeating Sephiroth as Sephiroth is of Ryu.

And no need to elaborate on Cloud's Mako Infusion - I'm well aware, in fact I even highlighted it via SOLDIER ENHANCEMENT. Beyond that - while they do have a past, it's typically a fact they're fierce enemies/rivals, and the last times they've fought, they've fought to the death with all their might. Not to mention - Angeal and Genesis are actually capable of holding their ground with Sephiroth - and I daresay Ryu would defeat those two as well. Not only that - Ryu is just as capable (I do not know why you're not seeing this) as Cloud is physically.

Ryu can actually reach him via his Teleportation or Ninpo - not to mention that if Sephiroth wishes to, he'll have to get in close with his sword to use it, and as mentioned, Ryu's actually faster - you'd know that if you'd drop the attitude about having played the games and actually do some research yourself - actually you'd even know now if you've actually played the games, that Ryu's faster in comparison to Sephiroth. Whether it by pure speed or teleportation. If Sephiroth falls back on the means of utilizing magic, Ryu can simply evade the attacks and take the fight to Sephiroth. His senses would enable him to foresee these attacks - which is why I argue this.

Not only that - you clearly don't know the games like the back of your hand - otherwise you'd see that Ryu's physically just as capable, if not superior, in some aspects (namely speed as you are arguing.). Unless you're referring to that one game where they severely depowered Ryu? That shouldn't be used, seeing as this is Ryu with all his abilities shown in his history. Not only that - you're wrong, I am nineteen years old, have been for around nine months. Regardless - as I said, age doesn't matter if both sides are knowledgeable and so far you've proven that despite your age, you're not as knowledgeable as you like to think - which is another common motif.

I never said Cloud didn't know any magic - I said Cloud doesn't use magic as much as Sephiroth - Reading Comprehension, I suggest you try it for you seem to lack it, Master Yoda.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users