• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 blackajack2725

blackajack2725

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

OK comic book fans I want to hear your ideas for the batman reboot film that's set to happen in a couple of years and I want to see where you think the filmmakers should do with the franchise. Do you want a young inexperianced batman or a seasoned veteran batman. Do you want robin in the franchise let your voices be heard cbubers. Oh please keep this as a respectable and postive thread no bashing others ideas.

#2 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

I am going to let my friend Eli talk... Eli is a friend of mine who runs a podcast and blogtalk radio show. These are his opinions and not mine.

-Rakai'Thwei

#3 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

DC needs to realize that people would love Batman and Robin if done correctly. People know Batman and they know about his famous sidekick. Unless they adapt a Batman story from the comics the next original Batman films needs to have Robin in it. The only other thing is Batman Beyond and that would be a awesome flick with the right sci fi Director.

#4 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

Moved to Fan Discussion.

Sorry about that, blackajack, and welcome to electricferret.

#5 blackajack2725

blackajack2725

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:18 PM

Thanks dskillz appreciate the welcome

#6 Boratz

Boratz

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:18 AM

I would love to see something in the same type of tone as the Arkham games. I loved the Nolan films but I would love to see a Batman film as a comic book movie.

#7 nrdman

nrdman

42*Pi*(Over 9000!)=My Sweetroll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:25 AM

Needs Nightwing

#8 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:53 AM

We need Schwarzenegger back!

"Bahtmaaan! Do you know what killed the dinosaurs? The Ice Age!"
*Sprays Area With Ice Gun*

That was such an awesome move. Haters gonna hate.

#9 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

Good god! Why would they need to reboot it already? They just finished it. Where's Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern Sucked. Reboot that. Flash is overdue. Leave Batman alone. Nothing to reboot. Those three movies were good. Move on.

#10 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

They need a reboot because bats can still make them money. They'd be acting irresponsibly towards their shareholders if they didn't make another. He's big right now, there's a reason he's got more movies, games, etc then the other guys. They tried wonder woman a few months ago and people got upset over the costume and stuff. Aquaman shouldn't get a movie, I think collectively we should all just forget he exists, or at best turn him into an underwater thor. (Or replace him with Arrow, just sayin')

I'd personally like to see Year One get a non-animated adaptation, or maybe Long Halloween.

(Ps is there a dislike button for Marvel's comment?)

#11 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

Bah, anything is popular if done right. Hollywood just sucks at doing most things right.

#12 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

That was a Wonder Woman tv show and not a movie. DC can't keep doing Batman and Superman movies only with all the different superhero movies Marvel is putting out. Sooner or later Batman is gone get stale with the general audience. DC has plenty of other characters too that would make a good movie. Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes, Green Arrow (He has shown to be a huge success on tv already), Teen Titans, Secret Six, and more.

#13 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

They can make as many Batman movies as will make money, just as Marvel will make as many spiderman movies that make money. So in reality, they will never stop making Batman and Spiderman movies. They might take breaks, do reboots, but the characters are too iconic to get stale. DC's only doing other heroes because of the Pepsi complex; someone else found a formula that works and they want to copy it. But you'll notice that even in The Avengers only a few of the main set got their own film. Aquaman will probably go the hawkeye route, or possibly flash will be the hawkeye of DC if they replace AM and give Arrow a movie.

So I'm now going to claim something a little out there. Justice League isn't going to happen. Or at least there's a solid chance they'll back out of it.

Its a matter of actually being able to make three or four successful films that don't have the word "batman" anywhere near them. Don't get me wrong, Marvel has had some crappy hero movies, daredevil, fantastic four 1&2, elektra, punisher (war-zone was so bad it was good). But they've at least tried more films. They've had time to work out the kinks. Dark Knight pretty much gave artistic control to Nolan and team, so they'd have to redo the whole thing to get back up to speed. Looking at Green Lantern, it becomes apparent that DC is rusty on doing non-Superman and Batman films.

More problematic is that even if they do a really good job on the additional character's films, and they don't become popular (because I disagree with treach; even when done right many great films aren't popular[Serenity/ Kiss Kiss Bang Bang], as well as the exact opposite [Wayans anything]) then Warner Bros will back out. Avengers managed to test the waters with each new film they set out, building up the confidence to do the whole thing and put forward bigger amounts of cash. It's a smart idea, and luckily none of the films bombed.

The JL will try that as well, but the same conditions apply. If say The Flash bombs for whatever reason, the studios will be more hesitant to go forwards. They'd have to pull each film off, despite that audiences aren't as familiar with the additional characters, and the fact that they're playing catch-up with Marvel franchises audiences are already familiar with. It really depends how much faith you have in DC and Warner to do new things with the properties.

Wow that was way more than I first wanted to say

#14 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

(Ps is there a dislike button for Marvel's comment?)

You could "like" it, and then "unlike" it?

#15 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

Hmm good points you brought up and I agree with most of them. However DC seems to be very serious with the JLA movie and they are moving forward. They have been working on a script and are looking for a Director. This time I don't think they are backing up out of it because they did a big annoucement saying when its gone come out and all of that.

One problem with Warner is they have to put faith in their characters and stay true to who they are. They need to give a Director free reign like they did with Nolan and not constantly put their hands in the cookie jar. Stop interfering with the Director like you did with Green Lantern and let them make their movie.

Characters may be very iconic but that doesn't mean if DC keeps putting out movies of the same character people won't get tired of it later on in the future. Most of the general audience including the comic audience don't want to see another set of Batman movies so soon unless its something like Batman in JLA.

#16 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

Depends which director, sometimes they need a hand in the cookie jar to make sure his cooking isn't awful. But yes hopefully they will go forward with it, and looking for a director is a good sign. But it isn't a concrete step. I'll have faith in the JL film when they put their money on the table, move forward with the set up films, and start signing contracts.

But that's enough about that. I'd watch Batman films to the end of time so lets talk about that. Keaton wouldn't be my #1 choice. Too old, and possibly too crazy. Though I can't think of a better suggestion I like as of this moment

#17 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

No more ultra-serious Batman movies.

The Nolan movies work for the most part. They did their thing. They wanted to be brooding, angsty Batman and they were good. Enough of that.

We don't need more of that. We don't need the faux-edgy Arkham Asylum/City Batman in a movie. We don't need more Frank Miller wannabes.

Batman can be so much more than that. He can be fun. We don't have to make the full swing over to campy 60s Batman, but the next iteration needs to drift away from the notion that the only acceptable Batman is DARK.

Word is that the Justice League movie will be the initial step in rebooting Batman. Introduce him there and then make movies based on that interpretation. Hopefully they'll be forced to lead him down a less grim path if he's teamed up with other characters who aren't so infused with that tone, and that'll carry over into whatever Batman movies come out after the fact.

Also: NO FUCKING ORIGIN STORIES PLEASE.

#18 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

But YEAR ONE!

#19 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

Yes we now need to see a Batman superhero movie. I want Robin or Nightwing in the next Batman films that are suppose to come after JLA. If Batman learns work with the JLA and realized the need for help. Then it makes perfect sense after JLA for him to have a partner in Gotham. I don't want Year One done as a film. In alot of ways I like Nolan's origin of Batman better.

#20 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

I hate the idea of rebooting the Batman films... I loved Christoper Nolan's Batman trilogy so much that I teared during Dark Knight Rises.

But oh well...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users