Photo

The Authority vs Asgard

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_cdtms_*

Guest_cdtms_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

Asgard is certainly more powerful, but I wouldn't put it past the Authority to do some impressive stuff here and I think it would make for a really great arc in terms of just action etc. Asgard is a plane but also there is the city of Asgard where all the big players live. If Hawksmore was to have cooperation from it or if you found out the city was somehow being manipulated against it's will suddenly you could have an angle for The Authority to play. That's the only thing that really levels the playing field. The Authority will come at the problem in a very round about way where as the Asgardians will be extremely head on.

A battle board thread favors The Asgardians but an actual comic might go down a little different.

#22 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

snip

Dear Gods, thank you, dude.

Asgard is certainly more powerful, but I wouldn't put it past the Authority to do some impressive stuff here and I think it would make for a really great arc in terms of just action etc. Asgard is a plane but also there is the city of Asgard where all the big players live. If Hawksmore was to have cooperation from it or if you found out the city was somehow being manipulated against it's will suddenly you could have an angle for The Authority to play. That's the only thing that really levels the playing field. The Authority will come at the problem in a very round about way where as the Asgardians will be extremely head on.

A battle board thread favors The Asgardians but an actual comic might go down a little different.

Thanks for the opinion, dude. Good point about Jack and what he can do, and i agree, it would make a bloody cool comic book.

#23 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

Yeah he makes a good point indeed about Jack. If Jack is able to somehow get the assistance of the city that's one hell of a power up indeed. Let's not forget the fact regular Thor has got his ass kicked by people less powerful then Apollo. The Authority are a smart team who have the power, skill, and intellect to come up with a way to defeat Asgard.

By the way Dr.Strange as Supreme has defeated the In-Betweener and dazed the Beyonder.

#24 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

Thanks for the opinion, dude. Jack could almost win it for his team, especially with Apollo and the Doctor keeping the Gods away from him. Then again, Odin could seriously complicate that plan, and Asgard does have the advantage in numbers.

#25 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

Asgard's numerical superiority is the only real advantage they have.

The Authority are used to fighting against large groups(armies) though, so it's highly debatable how much of an advantage that is, especially with Jack being able to turn the city itself against them.

#26 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

True, but the Authority are not used to fighting Asgardians.

Jack is a serious advantage, but only if he can control the city properly. Seeing as it Odin is there to control it, too, there would be a potentially destructive and very literal battle for control over the city.

What do people think the other Asgardians could do for their team? Other than Thor and Odin?

#27 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:13 AM

Odin and Thor both have the odin force. You should knwo that. The Odin force is linked to his hammer and his hammer is linked to his life. So they both can resist it.

The Doctor can maybe travel ftl but in fight scenario he cant. Its not about it being a fan boy thing its a character knowledge thing. I KNOW, not guess or assume I KNOW the things Odin has done.

Dr. Strange has not created a galaxy. Odin has. I said Odin is NEAR omnipotent which it is stated various times. Galactus is also NEAR omnipotent but Galactus is a level up from Odin but not by far so that in its self sould let you know what degree of power we are talking.

I said that Odin can stop time which he can. and fighitn him in Asgard is pointless to say the least. Apollo while being a superman type character does have other powers(I know this)

The Doctor is extremely powerful and is a reality warper with thousands of years of experience. BUT he is Human, Odin is a god. If Odin was to even hit him with a fraction of his power he would die. So you have two people who can warp reality, but one is stronger so that means.........................................Its not close.

Now Thor i dont have to speak on everyone knows his feats and if people tried that stunt again with Asgard he wont be as nice. The only people in the fight who can be surive the onslaught of Odin and Thor is....................................Um Jenny, Maybe Apollo, and The Doctor.

Now when talking about bringing people back to life. You act as if once Odin does it they will just go back and forth. If The Asgardians went all out then NO IT WONT BE A CLOSE FIGHT. Jenny and The Docotr can both move as fast as they want to but they have to make it so. Odin just can so a speed blitz by Odin and Thor leaves everyone dead. The Doctor and Jenny are still both human to be decapitated would kill them.

#28 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

True, but the Authority are not used to fighting Asgardians.

Jack is a serious advantage, but only if he can control the city properly. Seeing as it Odin is there to control it, too, there would be a potentially destructive and very literal battle for control over the city.

What do people think the other Asgardians could do for their team? Other than Thor and Odin?

The thing is Odin controls Asgard PERIOD. from the people to the realm. To fight Odin in his realm is sheer madness without a plan. Now this actually wouldnt even be fair now that I have really thought about it.

Hemidal would shut that paln down quickly

The seige worked last time because he chamber was moved so that he couldnt see. But if its not he could LITERALLY see the plan for the seige being thought up and alert Odin in withint moments and then there would be nothing the good Doctor or Jenny could do.

#29 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

Again, you're just seriously underestimating the capability of The Authority.

#30 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

Ok but the bottom line is Asgard HAS a defense against attacks of ALL sorts and a look out that can see EVERYTHING(literally) so to try to seige asgard without taking him out(which they wouldnt know to do that)would be pointless because he would see them coming and even see them plotting.

#31 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

Asgard had no defense against Sentry f**king it up .

#32 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

^^^^^^You must not have read the whole series(or the series period). if you did then you knew why Sentry was able to do that. because Ares told them that without doing a "certain thing"(read the comic!!!!!!)they wouldnt even be able to attack Asgard.

AND Odin wasnt there. Those are the two reasons why Siege even happened buddy

#33 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

I stated that this was a Siege to indicate that it was the same situation seen in the comic book but with The Authority instead of the various Marvel characters used to Siege the city.

#34 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

Ugh... And you just keep digging.

"Odin and Thor both have the odin force. You should knwo that. The Odin force is linked to his hammer and his hammer is linked to his life. So they both can resist it."

1. No, they do not both have the Odinforce. Either A. This is before Odin died, in which case Thor(in this scenario) never had the Odinforce in the first place, or B. This is after Odin returned, in which case Odin is again the wielder of the Odinforce.

2. Even if Mjolnir still held a small sliver of the Odinforce, the resistance to reality warping is not a passive thing, and since Thor does not have active use of the Odinforce, even if Mjolnir still held a small sliver of it, it does not give him the same resistance.

"The Doctor can maybe travel ftl but in fight scenario he cant. Its not about it being a fan boy thing its a character knowledge thing."

Yes, it's about character knowledge. Something that you don't seem to have.

The Doctor has demonstrated ftl reflexes in a combat scenario(when fighting against a horde of super-powered opponents), the Doctor transmuted an opponent into a swarm of butterflies before he(the opponent) was able to hit The Doctor.

"Dr. Strange has not created a galaxy. Odin has."

Dr. Strange has recreated an entire universe -.- Odin hasn't. There's that character knowledge thing again, which again, you don't have.

"I said Odin is NEAR omnipotent which it is stated various times. Galactus is also NEAR omnipotent but Galactus is a level up from Odin but not by far so that in its self sould let you know what degree of power we are talking."

Actually, Galactus is several degrees of power above Odin. Galactus would have to be on the edge of starvation for Odin to even have a chance against him.

"I said that Odin can stop time which he can. and fighitn him in Asgard is pointless to say the least. Apollo while being a superman type character does have other powers(I know this)"

Good for Odin. The Doctor can stop time just as well as Odin can. What's your point? And with The Doctor holding Odin's more esoteric powers in check, Apollo is physically superior to Odin.

"The Doctor is extremely powerful and is a reality warper with thousands of years of experience. BUT he is Human, Odin is a god. If Odin was to even hit him with a fraction of his power he would die."

Yea, not so much.

You keep throwing the term "god" around, as if it actually means something. In Marvel, it just means that he is a part of an alien race, that has been worshiped by primitive humans.

Odin is physically superior to The Doctor, due to being an asgardian where The Doctor is a human. But since it takes more than physical damage to kill The Doctor, that's a moot point.

#35 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

Again, thank you.

#36 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

I stated that this was a Siege to indicate that it was the same situation seen in the comic book but with The Authority instead of the various Marvel characters used to Siege the city.

Exactly. If Xman wasn't so busy trying to be a smart ass he would have known that.

Edit: Asgard has been attacked more then once so they don't have defense against all attacks.

#37 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

Yeah, exactly. Thanks for the decent opinion, dude.

#38 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

Exactly. If Xman wasn't so busy trying to be a smart ass he would have known that.

Edit: Asgard has been attacked more then once so they don't have defense against all attacks.

quit wanking each other

A)in the set up he DID NOT SAY that it was the exact same way as in Marvel he just said they are laying seige which means your are wanking each other either for your dislike of me or the hate of arguing with each other. like come one its the internet why hop on bandwagons.

B)Bigballerju you again must not know what happened during seige to make the comment "Sentry f*cking it up". Because if you DID they have would be either dumb, ignorant, or you must have forgot. either way your wrong.

C)Skadoosh i have been in multiple thread and YOUR comic knowledge REALLY must be low to not know the diff between nova and nova prime AND to not know regular Magneto feats(manipulating iron in your blood), AND to not know that Marvel has had wild violence for YEARS.

no need to wank. you can disagree with each other. the op just say lay seige there is no way around that so for bigballerju to say "uhh durr he said that" is wanking at its FINEST.

#39 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

i know you blokes hands and mouths must be sore.lol

#40 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

I usually try to ignore responses like this but...

Your bias toward Marvel is now getting f**king annoying Xman. Stop being a ass toward people when it comes to Marvel because its not gone get you anywhere or help you prove your case. Enough already.

What comic were you reading? Sentry brought down Asgard. If Asgard wasn't prepared that just proves the point they Asgard doesn't have defenses for all attacks nor are they always prepared.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users