• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

The Authority, consisting of the standard, pre-DC-reboot versions of Jenny Sparks, Apollo, Midnighter, Swift, Engineer, The Doctor and Jack Hawksmoor

vs

Asgard, consisting of the standard Marvel comics versions of all of it's standard inhabitants, from Thor to the Warriors Three

The Authority are laying siege to Asgard, and to win they must either kill or incapacitate everyone within Asgard or force them to surrender somehow. The inhabitants of Asgard must repel the attack, by killing The Authority, if necessary, to win. The fight takes place on the Marvel universes' Earth 616, but nobody else will intervene, and The Authority have The Carrier to hand. Both teams will try to cause as little damage to civilians and their cities as possible.

Opinions?

#2 Guest_Guests_*

Guest_Guests_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Odin snaps his fingers.

#3 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

... The Doctor...

Edit: Anyone else?

#4 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

Asgard has Odin...................THE END.

#5 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

The Doctor is more than capable of handling anything Odin throws at them.

#6 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

Asgard has Odin

And The Authority have the Doctor. And, y'know, the rest of the team.

The Doctor is more than capable of handling anything Odin throws at them.

Exactly.

#7 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

The Doctor vs Odin. Unless I missed something The Doctor would have nothing to combat the speed and strength of Odin. Odin could speed blitz him and literally knock his head off like a flick. and will him dead. Those reality warpers .....sooo much power to be just human.

#8 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:48 AM

The Doctor vs Odin. Unless I missed something The Doctor would have nothing to combat the speed and strength of Odin. Odin could speed blitz him and literally knock his head off like a flick. and will him dead. Those reality warpers .....sooo much power to be just human.

Well, you've missed the part where it's not a series of one vs one matches.

The Doctor is more than capable of neutralizing the more esoteric usages of Odins power, and Apollo is more than capable of ensuring that Odin doesn't get into close quarter combat with the Doctor, especially since he is more than fast enough to intercept Odin if he tries to rush the Doctor.

#9 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

Ha! That wouldn't kill the Doctor, dude. I know Odin is extremely powerful, and you obviously do, too, but you clearly don't know jack about The Authority.

Well, you've missed the part where it's not a series of one vs one matches.

The Doctor is more than capable of neutralizing the more esoteric usages of Odins power, and Apollo is more than capable of ensuring that Odin doesn't get into close quarter combat with the Doctor, especially since he is more than fast enough to intercept Odin if he tries to rush the Doctor.

Thank you, some very good points there, dude. Who do you think wins this, then?

#10 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

Apollo stop ODIN? LMAO uh no he wont. The Doctor is powerful yes I DO know that BUT he is still human. Odin is a God. Older, more powerful, wiser and is a galaxy buster. Apollo would get steam rolled over trying to stop him. yes speed wise he can match him but strength hell no. A bullet is faster than a stream roller but.........a bullet wont be able to stop, or slow it down even a little bit.

I know its not a 1 vs 1 match. I was just saying comparing The Doctor(who is quite powerful) to Odin(who is INSANELY powerful) is not really close. It may SEEM that way but its not. Similar to say Scarlet Witch vs lets say Black Adam. Magic wise maybe it seems close but Fight wise..............................F--- NO.

#11 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

Then you add Thor to the mix and the authority doesnt stand a chance.

Odin AND Thor=Swift defeat(literally)of The Authority.

Odin and Thor can move ftl so then Apollo can only stop Thor from getting to The Doctor but NOT Odin. Jenny and the gang will get willed away or banished by Odin before they have a chance. Odin doesnt have to chant anything or make hand gestures he can just do it. Or to make it worst make EVERYONE Thor level in Asgard then turn the fight from a slow defeat of The Authority to FTL OMFG stomping. Odin does control time as well.

#12 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

Apollo stop ODIN? LMAO uh no he wont. The Doctor is powerful yes I DO know that BUT he is still human. Odin is a God. Older, more powerful, wiser and is a galaxy buster. Apollo would get steam rolled over trying to stop him. yes speed wise he can match him but strength hell no. A bullet is faster than a stream roller but.........a bullet wont be able to stop, or slow it down even a little bit.

I know its not a 1 vs 1 match. I was just saying comparing The Doctor(who is quite powerful) to Odin(who is INSANELY powerful) is not really close. It may SEEM that way but its not. Similar to say Scarlet Witch vs lets say Black Adam. Magic wise maybe it seems close but Fight wise..............................F--- NO.

Apollo is on Superman's/Mr Majestic's level, and nobody said he would stop Odin, just hold him back, essentially, which he is very capable of doing.

No, it's nothing like that. The Doctor has the knowledge of all the previous Doctors and reality-altering powers. The difference between the Doctor and Odin is nowhere near as large as you think, if there is a difference at all.

Then you add Thor to the mix and the authority doesnt stand a chance.

Odin AND Thor=Swift defeat(literally)of The Authority.

Odin and Thor can move ftl so then Apollo can only stop Thor from getting to The Doctor but NOT Odin. Jenny and the gang will get willed away or banished by Odin before they have a chance. Odin doesnt have to chant anything or make hand gestures he can just do it. Or to make it worst make EVERYONE Thor level in Asgard then turn the fight from a slow defeat of The Authority to FTL OMFG stomping. Odin does control time as well.

Some good points about what Odin could do, but you're still just plain wrong about the capability of The Authority.

#13 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

Odin beat the hell out of Thor quite easily....................and Thor is superman level.

Odin is so old there isnt a proper way to calculate his age well over 20,000 years old. He(Odin)said he is the one who made humans

The Doctor has the knowledge of all other Doctors before him which makes him.......................what 3 thousand years of knowledge?

#14 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

Oh, sure, but The Authority don't suffer from PIS half as much as your Average Marvel comic book. Also, Apollo has different powers to Thor and uses them far more effectively. I don't think Odin saying something makes it true, especially considering the amount of deities and being on that level in the Marvel universe. The reality-warping Doctor has all the knowledge of every reality-warping Doctor before him. That's quite a lot better than a few thousand years of standard human knowledge.

#15 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

Not human knowledge but knowledge of basically a sorcerer supreme over thousands of years. which again is quite powerful but Odin.................Thats a different story, different tier, different level of magic.

Like for example Black Adam vs The actual gods that empowered him. He would stand LESS of a chance against anyone of them.

But again Odin is OLDER,WISER, MORE EXPERIENCE,STRONGER, AND FASTER. Odin and Thor is immune to reality warping hell i think all asgardians are also.

The thing that saves other deities is the counsel of god heads. where they respect each skyfathers space. Odin is the most powerful skyfather and gets the most respect. When it comes to affairs of mortals Odin NEVER steps in because they dont effect him or other gods. Dr. Strange wouldnt be able to do ANYTHING to him on his best day. and again Odin hasnt much to fear so he is rarely seen.

#16 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

snip

First off, please stop spouting off your ignorant bullsh*t, you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Secondly, there's a bunch of errors in your latest post, that needs correcting.

Odin and Thor is immune to reality warping hell i think all asgardians are also.

No, they are not immune to reality warping, the only reason Odin can resist reality warping, is because with the Odin force, he himself is a reality warper, and the same with Thor.

Since Thor doesn't have the odinforce, he doesn't have anything that protects him from reality warping, and neither does any of the asgardians.

Dr. Strange wouldnt be able to do ANYTHING to him on his best day. and again Odin hasnt much to fear so he is rarely seen.

Dr. Strange was able to combat beings like Dormammu and Shuma-gorath in their own realm as the Sorcerer Supreme, saying that he wouldn't have a chance against Odin, is pure ignorance and fanboy wanking.

#17 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

Um If i say they are immune to reality warp then it doesnt matter HOW they are,THEY JUST ARE. So again I am correct.(Isaid they are immune and YOU said they are immune so I am right)

Dr. Strange battling Shuma-gorath do you REALLY know the story if you did then you know he didnt do it by himself and You also know Dr. Strange as SS lost to GHOST RIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr.Strange is NOT on par with Odin nor is The Doctor STOP IT, JUST STOP IT. Either your high, ignorant, or must not know jack shit. Dr. Strange is a man and needs time to think/concentrate SAME as The Doctor. The Doctor if caught by suprise could EASILY get his ass beat by anyone. ANYONE.

YOU must know know Odin so stop acting like you know more than you do because obviously your comic knowledge is fabricated or JUST researched. Both people you listed are NOT gods but demon/sorcerer hybrids.

Like how can you Know Odins power and think that The Authority fighting them is somehow fair? When Odin is almost omnipotent and has the power to stop time(your friends has no defense against) empower others to WHATEVER degree he likes. Are you serious?

So NO this is NOT a fair fight. Apollo is the only one who can move ftl when Odin AND Thor can. and god forbid if the only people who can warp reailty/immune to it are alive then The Authority lost HORRIBLY. Thor/Odin vs The Doctor/Jenny. lmao Puh leez.

Odin desintegrates everyone but Jenny and The Doctor then Thor kills then in the span of 1 second(while taking his time)

#18 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

kainboa, thank you for handling this. I'm glad there's at least one intelligent opinion on this fight.

Odin desintegrates everyone but Jenny and The Doctor then Thor kills then in the span of 1 second(while taking his time)

Even if Odin and Thor did kill The Authority so quickly and easily, which is unlikely, the Doctor could bring them all back to life.

#19 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

Dr.Strange defeated the In-Betweener when he was Supreme. I'm pretty sure if Strange could beat him he definitely has a shot at Odin. By the way Strange completely destroyed Ghost Rider's physical body in the battle. Rider reformed his body seconds after and just gave Strange the Penance Stare.

Odin has shown he can die since he has died already. Two Odin in battle doesn't stop time or use it so why bother bringing it up. Odin can't empower anyone he likes to do whatever he wants. I'm pretty sure their are a few people he won't be able to do that to in Marvel.

Regular Thor if he has no reality warping abilities is not immune to reality warping.

#20 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

Ugh...

"Um If i say they are immune to reality warp then it doesnt matter HOW they are,THEY JUST ARE. So again I am correct.(Isaid they are immune and YOU said they are immune so I am right)"

Not true.

None of them are immune to reality warping.

Odin can, due to the Odinforce, resist reality warping. And the same can Thor when he has the Odinforce(without the Odinforce, Thor is just as vulnerable to reality warping as anyone else).

In this match, the only one with the Odinforce, and thus the only one that can resist reality warping, is Odin.

"Dr. Strange battling Shuma-gorath do you REALLY know the story if you did then you know he didnt do it by himself and You also know Dr. Strange as SS lost to GHOST RIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You yourself has described Ghost Rider(on more than one occasion) as "one of the most powerful beings in existence". So how, exactly, is Dr. Strange losing to Ghost Rider, a bad thing, or a low feat?

The point is, that Dr. Strange has battled, and defeated, beings far more powerful than Odin.

"Dr.Strange is NOT on par with Odin nor is The Doctor STOP IT, JUST STOP IT. Either your high, ignorant, or must not know jack shit."

Take Odin's highest, most powerful showings, and set them up against those of Dr. Strange. Odin falls so far behind that it's not even funny.

"Dr. Strange is a man and needs time to think/concentrate SAME as The Doctor. The Doctor if caught by suprise could EASILY get his ass beat by anyone. ANYONE."

Odin is an asgardian and needs time to think/concentrate, same as any other asgardian. Odin, if caught by surprise, could easily get killed by anyone wielding a weapon capable of killing an asgardian. What's your point?

"YOU must know know Odin so stop acting like you know more than you do because obviously your comic knowledge is fabricated or JUST researched. Both people you listed are NOT gods but demon/sorcerer hybrids."

I assume you are referring to Shuma-Gorath and Dormammu. It's true that they are not gods, but they are both more powerful than Odin. And Kain never claimed that they were gods in the first place.

"Like how can you Know Odins power and think that The Authority fighting them is somehow fair?"

Simple, by knowing The Doctor's power, and knowing that he is powerful enough to, if not outright defeat Odin, then at least keep him busy until the rest of the Authority are done with the rest of Asgard.

"When Odin is almost omnipotent"

Bullshit. Odin is not even close to omnipotent.

"and has the power to stop time(your friends has no defense against)"

The Doctor has the power to do that as well, what is your point?

"empower others to WHATEVER degree he likes."

Again, The Doctor has the power do to that as well, what is your point?

"So NO this is NOT a fair fight."

Actually, yes it is.

"Apollo is the only one who can move ftl when Odin AND Thor can."

The Doctor can move ftl just as well as Odin can.

"Odin desintegrates everyone but Jenny and The Doctor then Thor kills then in the span of 1 second(while taking his time)"

Except for the part where The Doctor's power prevents Odin from disintegrating them, while the majority of the Authority team, teams up on Thor.

I understand that you're a fanboy, and so firmly lodged on Marvel that there's pressure against your palate, but if you can't set your bias aside, then you should stay out of the debate in the first place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users