54 replies to this topic

#21 Kal2400

Kal2400

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

I always thought that at it's most powerful Black Bolt's voice was destructively equal to a nuke, but i've heard, here and there on the net, that it can be much more than that. That could be wrong, of course.

close buddy but no cigar, equal to a nuke so the creator of black bolt says but he can do other things per stated powers that might make him able to bust planets.

#22 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

So, he is a possible-planet-buster, then?

#23 Kal2400

Kal2400

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:49 AM

So, he is a possible-planet-buster, then?

Indeed, just depends where he hits the planet with his voice i guess.

#24 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:32 AM

Yeah, that makes sense.

#25 Kal2400

Kal2400

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:59 AM

i bet if he hits California with his voice he could become a planet buster. lol earthquake joke

#26 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:01 AM

Dark, bro.

#27 Kal2400

Kal2400

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:25 AM

Dark, bro.

I know sorry, but it's the truth the tectonic plates there, are weaker then other states, so he could bust the planet from that location.

#28 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

I was kidding, but ok.

#29 baneblade

baneblade

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

Again, in no scientific terms, but pure 'comic' reasoning, Black Bolt can shatter mountains with a semi-sound, with a mere whiff of breath. By extension, a scream would do double the damage. Now triple it, lets say, in a state of mental anguish. The range of the scream, and his focus would certainly not only raze the landscape, but 'almost' crack the core. See, it is soil, and when he directs that power into one direction, lets say downward, all it has to do is keep tossing aside dirt and breaking a lot of rock. I don;t say he will 'bust the planet' in one attempt or two. But repeated attempts, why not? This is by the by, aside form the topic.

#30 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

Good points.

#31 Kal2400

Kal2400

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

Again, in no scientific terms, but pure 'comic' reasoning, Black Bolt can shatter mountains with a semi-sound, with a mere whiff of breath. By extension, a scream would do double the damage. Now triple it, lets say, in a state of mental anguish. The range of the scream, and his focus would certainly not only raze the landscape, but 'almost' crack the core. See, it is soil, and when he directs that power into one direction, lets say downward, all it has to do is keep tossing aside dirt and breaking a lot of rock. I don;t say he will 'bust the planet' in one attempt or two. But repeated attempts, why not? This is by the by, aside form the topic.

it's equal to a nuclear bomb at it's strongest so of course 6 or more will blow the planet up but his stamina isn't high enough to produce that many in a row. so Hulk simply outlasts him and proceeds to do the hulk signature, hulk smash Black bolt into the ground for the win after a long fight.

#32 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

his stamina isnt that high? where the hell did you get that from? Its his VOICE dude. He can talk or yell as long as he wants so NO he wont outlast him.

#33 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

you are all wrong, he is not a planet buster not even close. Unless you can all show me where he has done that!!!

by the way 6 nukes will do nothing to the planet, except hurt the top layer of soil. Geezus you guys like to over hype people. WWH took a shot from Black Bolt and shut him up, no way that was enough for a planet bust. Stop making shit up yo.

#34 Odin

Odin

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

Wow you didnt like the WWHulk series.

#35 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

WW Hulk took a shot from a Skrull, not Black Bolt.

#36 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Huh, I didn't comment on this one yet?

Not too bad for your first set-up, Kal2400. Welcome to electricferret. As mentioned, though, you automatically gave Mr. Boltagon the victory here once you had him talking throughout the match (and totalled New York City in the process, heh).

#37 baneblade

baneblade

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

you are all wrong, he is not a planet buster not even close. Unless you can all show me where he has done that!!!

by the way 6 nukes will do nothing to the planet, except hurt the top layer of soil. Geezus you guys like to over hype people. WWH took a shot from Black Bolt and shut him up, no way that was enough for a planet bust. Stop making shit up yo.

1. I (for one) never stated he's a 'planet buster' from the outset. I only opined, that he 'could be', 'possibly is', since by 'extension', if he repeatedly screams (keeping in view he can shatter a mountain with but an exuded tone), he will possibly reach the core. Soil crumbles, basic fact.
Hence, based on comic history, he isn't a planet buster. But by comic fact comparison, and power stats, if you do 'comic math', there is nothing saying, a character has to blow up a planet with one shot, period. Lets remember, that Bolt's and Vulcan's energy discharge contributed (among other things) toward a tear in the cosmos. That goes to say a lot, even by adding up two power sets. Simply put, and this is purely opinion, and no stated fact bro, that if Bolt focuses on a particular region, and keeps on venting those chords at it, he will do much much more than raze top soil. You also, can not underestimate his electron control re-channeled through his power. That is a factor that makes his power all the more destructive.
2. Over hype is actually an overstatement in Black Bolt's case bro. Marvel ruined this great character with a PISy take: WWH. That is why the fight was not even shown on panel, even though that BB was a Skrull. I am not (for one) saying that i do not accept the result of that fight with the Skrull, but I can always opine it as PIS.
See bro, Black Bolt's power is so destructive, that Hulk withstanding him at close range, leave alone giving lame one liners like 'I wanna hear you scream' is next to impossible. (Keeping in view what's taken Hulk down before). What's to stop Bolt's sound waves knocking Hulk out, if not destroy him? I strongly opine: nothing. Hulk can't exactly close his ear lobes (like Doomsday). Bolt should win. But, with that lame take with a Skrull, Marvel 'dented' Black Bolt's character for good. No one wants to hear he was a Skrull, at the back of the head, it will always be King Bolt, just might end up that way against Hulk.

Lots of opinions bro. Of course, you can argue the opinion, but don't 'stop' folks from giving em', that is what keeps the wheel churning on this site.

#38 Kal2400

Kal2400

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:53 AM

Huh, I didn't comment on this one yet?

Not too bad for your first set-up, Kal2400. Welcome to electricferret. As mentioned, though, you automatically gave Mr. Boltagon the victory here once you had him talking throughout the match (and totalled New York City in the process, heh).

thanks man, but this hulk is a hulk full of rage, increased by doom's nanobot technology constantly upgrading his anger every 5 seconds though so he smashed Black bolt after a while.

#39 Kal2400

Kal2400

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:51 AM

6 nukes to the planet bud, are you serious right now or just joking? 6 or more nukes would tear the planet apart, why do you think we only use nuclear weapons as a scare tactic, think about it so yeah your point was invalid mwah mwah mwah

#40 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:37 AM

6 nukes to the planet bud, are you serious right now or just joking? 6 or more nukes would tear the planet apart, why do you think we only use nuclear weapons as a scare tactic, think about it so yeah your point was invalid mwah mwah mwah

that depends on the size of the nuke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users