• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

Why? No one's gonna see them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:21 AM

I've been thinking about buying MK Armageddon for some time now, and some review sites say it's really good, while some say it's really bad. I just wanna know your thoughts on it. It looks pretty good to me, but there's just one problem...

MOTARO WITH TWO FRIGGIN' LEGS!!!!

#2 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

I'd say skip armageddon and get MK 7, the most recent one. Waaaay better graphics, way better story, and way cleaner and more rapid fighting mechanics.

Armageddon comes with a few add-ons in its favor, a kreate your kharacter function, a 'kombat karts' little racing dealie, and a story mode which is a 3-D beat 'em up. It also has every character ever introduced, but none of these really make up for the fact that the game hasn't aged well, the fighting isn't as smooth as the reboot, and the fatalities had the originality drained from them. Especially since the new version kicks so much A** and has add-ons of its own which are hyper amusing.

But there's no saying you can't own both. I just wouldn't pay more than 20$ for Armageddon. But if you can get it for a decent price, Armageddon can be worth it. The karts are fun, and if you're the kind of player who obsesses over getting the perfectly rounded combo, the kharacter creator can be interesting.

#3 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

You mean Mortal Kombat 9 and I agree Mortal Kombat 9 is a great game to get. Armageddon is good because of the awesome create a fighter but not worth getting more then 20 $. If around you its 20 then you might as well get the current Mortal Kombat game.

#4 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

You can, also, just buy this, depending on what system you're looking to get it on. I've seen this set in WalMarts, near me. I haven't played it, though, so I can't really give any advice. I borrowed it from Jean, but it was so scratched up, it wouldn't play. :'(

#5 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Crossovers, tortoises, videogames, Happy Wheels, other random stuff.

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:53 AM

I've actually already got MK9. Since the whole story revolves around Armageddon, I thought I'd buy it and see what it was about.

#6 ninjaman1848

ninjaman1848

SPOOOON!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Hating all of humanity

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

Armageddon is ok I guess. The karts are so fun. Its like a combination of Mario cart and mortal kombat.

I hate the story mode though. Its confusing and stupid. The fatality system suckssssssss. It a create a fatality were you do different moves that the fighter has and it just sucks.

Overall I would give it 4/10

#7 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:06 AM

I've watched a few videos of the arcade mode with different characters, and it does look very predictable. It seems like the only characters you fight are Sindel, Bo Rai Cho, Johnny Cage and Goro, and you always fight them on the same stages. But I don't think it looks that bad.

#8 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

Hmmm, I don't remember it being that limited but it is possible. But in the newest one's story mode you have to fight Shiva in every other match in story mode, so it sucks to be her.

#9 The Rookie

The Rookie

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

People play fighting games for the story?

#10 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

Just got the game on Wii and it's not that bad actually. The method of doing special moves and fatalities is a bit awkward, but it still works nonetheless. I found it so ironic that Hsu Hao is one of the most disliked characters in the whole series (even Ed Boon hates him), yet I scored higher on Endurance mode with him than any other character!

#11 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

Personally, I loved Armageddon. All the little perks are nice, and having every character in the franchise is cool too. Only mine is on the PS2, still a respectable system!

#12 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

When the fighting game has a great story behind it like the Mortal Kombat games then yea alot of people also play for the story as well.

#13 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:10 AM

I live for story, but with this roster's scale, I knew exactly what I was getting in to, buying this game years ago. At any rate, story tends to be a sloppy pile of excuses to punch someone really hard, wrapped in pretty packaging. Not all the time, but much more often than I'd like.

#14 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

I just unlocked the character Meat and made Guile using kreate a fighter. I think it's pretty stupid making Taven and Daegon, the main hero and villain of the game an unlockable character, and the Konquest Mode is painfully boring but I think it's the only way to unlock them. Is there any other way to unlock them?

#15 Guest_relgycandy_*

Guest_relgycandy_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Thank you for this report.I'd say skip armageddon and get MK 7, the most recent one. Waaaay better graphics, way better story, and way cleaner and more rapid fighting mechanics.

#16 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

#17 potterpuppetpals

potterpuppetpals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Thank you for this report.I'd say skip armageddon and get MK 7, the most recent one. Waaaay better graphics, way better story, and way cleaner and more rapid fighting mechanics.

Why don't we just call it Mortal Kombat 2011 and leave it at that. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users