83 replies to this topic

#41 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

Wow, that thing is impressively ugly. Time for plan C. More kabooming, then running.

I aim for high on the wall of the cave, just above the beast's head, and more importantly its eyes. The wall now had large crystal spikes covering where I had fired before, those could be useful. I shoot at the cave, hoping to drop/propel/explode the spikes towards the beast and impale it/blind it with falling crystal debris. They're made of the same stuff right? It could work.

At least it could be so moronically stupid to befuddle the creature long enough for me to run past it, while half leading/dragging Mr. Adventurer along with me.

BTT does those things I just said.

#42 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:44 PM

Ani caught the jist of what Terra was talking about as she stared down the crystal panther. She growled before her black sleek fur turned to brown and her muscled body exploded in size, tusks and trunk shot from her mouth. Ani stood tall as a Mammoth and tried to crush the crystal Panther.

Tries to step on crystal panther.

#43 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

In Terra's Tunnel
Ani morphed, growing larger and shaggier. Her hairy back brushed the ceiling of the cave. The crystal panther lunged toward the huge target, ducking under the swinging trunk and slashed at her ankles. Ani roared with pain. Terra dove forward to try to stab at the beast, but it moved away quickly and stood in the mouth of the tunnel leading deeper into the cave. A grenade fell down into the tunnel and landed next to Terra.

"Perfect." she muttered under her breath. "Ani, I think we need to get deeper into the cave, but that thing is guarding it. We need to figure out how to get past it. "Ani trumpeted in agreement.

----
In The Adventurer's Tunnel

The Battle Turtle sent an explosive rocketing into the stalactites above the Crystal Beast. Rocks fell, and shattered against the beast's face. The Battle Turtle tried to take advantage of the confusion to hurry away with the adventurer in tow. Between his heavy armor and the cripple he was leading along, The Battle Turtle took a while to get to the mouth of the tunnel. When he did, a wall of crystal shot up, blocking the exit.

The adventurer spoke out through pained gasps, "You need to defeat the guardian. I've been here once before, through these caves when I first came to investigate the House of the Just God." He stood firmly and unsheathed a sword from his cane. "You've done some damage, let's finish it off.
---
Metrics!

Ani Damage: 4 (Weak Body really did a number on you this turn)
Ani Hero Points: 2

Terra Damage: 2
Terra Hero Points: 3

BTT Damage: 0 (so far, you've rolled well)
BTT Hero Points: 5 (Keep RPing that strongly, you'll have your Hero Moment soon)

Guys, if you start putting as much Character in your characters as Deo has, you'll all get a hero moment soon. Otherwise, you might miss one.

#44 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

Terra barely let the grenade hit the floor before quickly pitching it right back up the hole, giving the guys upstairs something to worry about. She starts to move towards the tunnel that the panther, remembering her words.

"I really thought that was gonna work, sorry." Terra says empatherially towards her ally. She legitimatly was hoping Ani wasn't going to get hurt in that. "Hang back a second ok?" she says, as she gets an idea. She tries to gauge how manuverable the panther would be if they rushed it. She figured how the plan would go and she instantly disliked what she was planning.

This armor better hold up, Terra mutters to herself, hoping she didn't skimp on quality.

"Alright, this things alot faster than you like that. Might be faster than me. Im thinking if we can trick it to attack us, lets not give it any room to run the hell away. Try for something with horns Im about to do something stupid." she mutters, really hoping that crystal wasn't going to be terribly hard to break.

Try and goad the crystal panther into attacking head on and attempt to drill through it. Otherwise set up Ani for an attack, and be ready to GTFO(digging)

#45 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

Screw it, don't know why I was trying to run away from this in the first place. Time to just relax and be myself.

"INNNNNCOMMMMING!"

I scream to get the damn thing's attention. I can shoot from a range, but my codgerly companion will need to get in close to use that sword of his. That means I have to be the focus of its attention. Just the way I like it. I stay at a range but begin to circle away from the adventurer.

I load the cannons and aim for it's face, right for its big ugly face. Kaboom time, you son of a--

Ranged Concussive attack to the face

#46 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:15 PM

A thunderous screech filled the cave as Ani's trunk morphed and hardened into two greyish horns. Her body followed suit as her fur laid down and hardened into a grey hide. When the morph was done she stood around 60" as a Sumatran Rhinoceros. She stamped her feet twice before she barreled her 2,000lb frame towards the crystal panther. Either it would get out the way and she would make their escape or it would stand it's ground and get crushed.

Stampede at Crystal panther

#47 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

In the Adventurer's Tunnel

Shells explode against the creature's face. It stumbles backwards but does not fall over. Cracks appear in its face. The Adventurer whoops. The crystal beast charges over and swings a gargantuan limb. The Battle Turtle tries to duck, but doesn't get out of the way fast enough. He is knocked to the floor.

The adventurer runs away. The Battle Turtle can barely hear him shout, "I'll distract it, you shoot into its back." He hobbled as fast as he could, huffing and puffing to the other side of the cave. The crystal beast turned to face him and slowly lumbered away.

A bright right gem stood out right between its shoulders. The Battle Turtle nodded and got to his feet.

BTT Health: 1
BTT Hero Points: 5
---
In Terra's Tunnel

The five-foot Sumatran rhino charges the crystal panther. The panther doesn't have the time to react and ends up pinned against the wall. The Rhino's horn isn't able to pierce the skin, but the pure force of Ani's fury squished the panther against the wall. Terra bounced up on top of Ani's head and lunged with her claws. She hit the beast in its forehead which then cracked. Underneath the crack, there was a red glow shining from within the panther.

Terra peered into the crack for a second before it exploded outward. Terra was blasted out away from the panther's body. Ani backed away and morphed back into a human.

Standing in front of them, the panther had its head split open. Instead of a brain inside, there was a glowing red gem. The panther emits a low growl and the jewel in its head begins to glow bright again.

Terra Damage: 4
Terra Hero Points: 5

Ani Damage: 4
Ani Hero Points: 5

#48 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

Wow, look at that Bright Right gem. Err, wait. Yes, Brite-Rites. I remember those, you put a bunch of in a row on the little peg board and you could make a giant glowing &$*!. Or possibly some &$%##!. You probably weren't supposed to, but lets face it, that's pretty much what everyone did. Or at least what I did. Why am I thinking of this?

Oh yes, giant glowing lite-brite crystal on its back. Giant glowing area = weak spot. Pretty basic.

"Fire in the hole you son of mole,"

BTT fires at the giant glowing gem between the creature's shoulders.

#49 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

Terra grumbles as she recovers from being flung back. She sits up before glancing at Ani, then the panther beast. After taking one look at the glowing orb.

"Ok, thats our target Ani." Terra grumbles as she shakes off her injuries. "Hey kid, I think we both know what we have to do now...mind grabbing its attention this time?" she asks, a bit of pain in her voice, before revving the armor's drill sections.

#50 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

Ani nodded as leaped into the air once more. Her flapping arms morphed to wings, and legs to sharp talons. She flew at the beast, staying just out of it's reach.

Transform into Hawk. Distract creature.

#51 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

"Ok..." Terra says, really hoping she would've picked an animal that didn't fall under food for a big cat.

That's her decision Terra...let's not get her killed, Terra grunts to herself before she quietly tries to get behind the panther. She would stalk it until the creature's attention was on hawk-Ani. From there she'd jump to get onto it's back much like a rider would mount a horse. If that worked, she'd strattle on it for dear life to get a good aim before trying to shove the drill right through the red glowy orb of(presumable) power. Then she would brace for something bad to happen. All in all, she wasn't expecting this to go particularly wel.

"What the hell, I don't like cats much anyways...or squirrels." Terra whispers to herself before moving out.

What I just described

#52 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

In Terra's Tunnel

Ani turns into a hawk and takes to the skies just above the panther. At the same time, Terra moves to a wall and starts slowly edging around the perimeter of the room. Ani takes great care to flutter close enough to encourage the panther to jump up into the air and bat at her. Once she gets behind the panther, Terra leaps, using her short legs to keep a hold of the panther's neck.

The gem glows hot for a second. Terra could feel the heat radiating off. Another explosion was coming. She had to strike and fast. In one quick movement, she brings her claws down into the gem. They penetrate immediately as though the gem was held together by a fibrous membrane rather than hard rock. The panther flops over, and stops moving.

"We did it." Terra breathes. Ani caws triumphantly in response.

"Guess we can just go now." Terra walked towards the tunnel, now even more alert for some kind of beast. Ani followed.
Terra Health Points:4
Terra Hero Points: 8

Ani Health Points: 4
Ani Hero Points: 8

---
The Adventurer's Tunnel

The Battle Turtle's explosive shell blasted the beast to pieces. It's upper half shattered and flew around the cavern, tinkling against the sparkling crystal floor.

"HELL YEAH, KABOOM" The Battle Turtle slammed his cannon against the wall triumphantly. He was distracted by a bright light in the center of the room. The Crystal Beast's gem lay on the floor, shining brightly. He barely had time to react before it exploded throwing him against the wall.

He stood shakily and saw the adventurer unconscious on the other side. He went over and tried to wake him up, even giving him a couple wake up slaps to the face. Nothing worked. Nonchalant, he continued down the tunnel.

---

"Huh, funny seeing you guys here!" exclaimed the Battle Turtle.

Terra Firma was paused, her claws an inch from the Battle Turtle's throat. She had recognized him just in time. The room they were in was vaguely circular. There was a ladder in the corner that lead both up and down. A small hole was cut in the ceiling and floor around the ladders, as though they were deliberately constructed to lead to different rooms.

"Should we go further into the tunnel?" Terra asked.

"We might as well," responded The Battle Turtle, " These tunnels are freakin' creepy."

"Something tells me the tunnels are connected to this town's weapon. The weapon we're supposed to be here finding." Ani said.

Everyone stopped and stared. "She speaks!" quipped the Battle Turtle.

"So we go deeper into the tunnels?" Terra asked.

#53 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

"Yes, into the breach and what not. Let us find this Just God. And then kill him, so that we main gain his powers! BWAHAHAHA!... Oh, there's also an unconscious guy in the tunnel behind me. The adventurer who decided to ether you. Twenty bucks says he turns out to be evil and just faking. But I'm not hauling him around on my shell just so I can find out. So, let's go explore some caves!"

#54 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

Terra quietly nods before lowering her claws away from Battle Turtle. Her heart was pumping, she was expecting to have to fight off three more of the crystal monsters. She glances to Ani, glad she was ok. Heck even 'shellhad' was a sight for sore eyes for her. She was trying to hide it, but she was a bit worried about continuing.

Why are you scared of tunnels? You're a mole?! Well, hard-to-kill monsters are always a turn off Terra!, she thinks. This was probably one of the first times she was uncomfortable about being underground, her element. The panther nearly killed both her and Ani, and from the looks of things Battle Turtle had a fight of his own. She rescinds the armor for the moment, showing off some bruises(and a crossbow bolt wound) she recieved during the back-to-back battles. Her armor needed some work, or at least padding.

"Alright, deeper in we go." Terra grunts before she glances down the path Battle Turtle had come down. Motioning to the adventurer, he speaks. "Regardless of what he is, we probably shouldn't leave him there. He have anything interesting on him?" she asks. Terra was normally the last person to suggest looting, but if he was a baddie that seemed to be smart. "Otherwise, taking him with might be helpful, though I do understand we oughta move fast." she says, glancing to Ani. She had been ordering her around a bit, if she wanted to help there that was her choice.

#55 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

"Meh. That seems like a lot of work. I kind of just want to head in, fight the big bad, then catch some dinner. I'm heading towards the core of the caves or whatever."

I snag another glowing crystal off the wall and head deeper down into the tunnel.

#56 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

"I would rather keep an eye on him. I don't know any animal with eyes behind it's back." She said as she morphed into a horse, prepping for them to place him on her back.

Morphs into a horse and carries Adventurer along with the group.

#57 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

Terra quickly helps up the KO'd adventurer onto the horse before checking his pockets(if he was still unconcious anyways) before following Battle turtle.

"hey, hold up shellhead. We dont want any cave ins seperating us or that shit." she notes, though she still lets her stay up front, since he had projectiles. She was ready to activate her armor at a moments notice.

Follows closely behind battle turtle two, ready to claw somethings head in.

#58 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

"Fine,we'll go get him."

The Battle Turtle follows Ani and Terra back into the tunnel they came from to pick up the adventurer. What they saw when they walked into the room puzzled them. The wall had grown over the adventurer so that only his head was protruding out. A familiar red glow emanated from within the crystal, concentrated mainly around the adventurer's remaining leg. As the party watched, the leg was slowly dissolved.

"We have to help him!" cried Terra. She charged for the wall, claws ready to dig through the crystal. As she swung a punch around, spikes emanated from the parts surrounding the adventurer. It wasn't going to let him go. The Battle Turtle felt the wall near him as it stretched out and wrapped around his gun arm. An explosive shell freed him from the crystal's grasp.

"Guys, this room is grabbing everything in it. We have to go."

"Agreed." said Terra.

With that, the party found itself back in the room with two exits. One Up. One Down.

---
Thanks for all bringing me back into that room. For that, y'all get one Hero Point. No Men Left Behind, unless they're being dissolved by the world around them.

#59 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:33 PM

"Well onwards and downwards, as they say."

#60 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

(Maybe it's just excitable rock candy?)

"It seems to be our only choice if we plan on finding out what's going on here."

Chooses to go down

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users