Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Pragmatist Job 1: Into the Village


  • Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

    Aqualad

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

The door stuck, locked obviously. Ani shrugged and turned to go find a key. A small drawer near the door looked like it would be fruitful. As Ani dug through the drawer looking for the key, a bag descended over her head. She barely managed to scream "HELP" before being dragged elsewhere.
---

Hero Points: Ani 2
Health: Ani 1

#22 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:53 AM

I heard whatshername scream. This is what happens when you let women strategize. Everything is all happiness and talking to people, until they get inevitably kidnapped and you have to save them from a giant f*cking gorilla. Well guess what ladies and gentlebots, Its kaboomer time!

I lower my shell fire off a big old boom to blast the door open, prepared to charge in with my armor protecting me as I tackle the gorilla, or cloaked cult members, or whatever it was this week to the ground.

"Oh Battle Turtle, you saved me," she'd say, "You are totally not a shell-head, and I find your actions so manly and impulsive. I can barely stop myself from fainting."

Man I'm being quite the heroic little badass right now. I better get laid for this.

#23 Darkender

Darkender

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

The bag that surrounded Ani vibrated violently before being tore to shreds and leaving a large panther leaping to the ground. She stalked her attacker as a growl emminated from the depths of her chest.

#24 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

Terra was last in line to enter. She also took a second to activate her armor, having no idea what the bad guys would do, and definitely not sure what her allies would try. She revs up a drill and peers her head inside, looking to around the room rather than where her allies were focusing. She didn't plan on falling for the old door slamming behind them trick....again.

"Everyone ok?" she asks aloud, a slight booming coming form the voice now that it was amped by the mic.

#25 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

"Viva la Turtles Biatches!!! GAAAAAAAAA!"

#26 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

    Aqualad

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

The Battle Turtle sends an explosive shell against the door which explodes in a cloud of smoke. Terra Firma rushes through the hole and the Battle Turtle runs after her. They push through the clouds of debris to find Ani, unconscious in a comfy chair. Next to her sits a man with a dark tinted bottle in one hand and some kind of crude cudgel in the other. He is resting his left leg on a coffee table in front of him. His right leg is missing from the knee down.

"I'm sorry, I thought you guys were someone else. Can't be too careful in this town."

Stephen holds his cannon arm steady, trained on the adventurer. Ani stirs. Her eyes blink open. Her movements are still sluggish. The adventurer stares intently at Stephen and Terra. After a second, he laughs,

"I can see why you're here. Yes, I see it in your eyes. You want to know what's been going on in this town, how come all of the other villages around have been eradicated, yes?"

Stephen and Terra try not to show any emotions. The adventurer still nods.

"I see. Well, there have been strange things happening in this town. I came here to investigate. Gather 'round close so I can tell you what I've found out."

Stephen inches closer, weapon still at the ready. Terra stays put, untrusting. Ani leans forward a little bit.

An explosion from outside rocks the entire house. The adventurer whispers, "They're here". The head of a small robot rolls into the room, jetisoned by the force of the explosion. Foul, black smoke rushes into the house.

The party looks back to the adventurer to see him climbing down into a basement cellar. He slams the door hatch shut over his head. They hear the noise of a small lock.

The silhouettes of tall black figures dance in the smoke.

"Whatever they are," says Stephen, "They're coming."
---
Entirely freeform, Ani has got some movement penalties what comes from breaking into the house of a known adventurer but, otherwise. You have this turn before They come in.

#27 Darkender

Darkender

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

*Transforms into! Silverback Gorrila.*

Gorrila-Ani roars as she beats her chest and charges forward at the silhouettes.

*Uses fists as Crushing weapon*

#28 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:12 PM

"Surrounded, outnumbered, and robot boy is dead...Now this is what I'm talking about! Allright. We're backed into a corner, so we'll need an exit strategy. Mole-mistress and zoocreeper, you guys...oh, transforming into a gorilla whilst I was talking. Ok. Anyway, Terra you dig us a way out; or dig around them so we can flank them."

Battle turtle lowers his shell once more and the cannons warm up.

"SUPPRESSING FIRE!!!"

Stephen covers Ani's attack with ranged covering fire from his artillery

#29 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

    Aqualad

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

Five figures jump through the smoke, wielding various weapons. The Silverback gorilla throws a piece of furniture through the hole where the door was and pounds furiously on her chest. One of the enemies ducks but the chair still takes two of them to ground. One with a pistol fires wildly into the room with a crossbow. The bolt hits Terra Firma squarely in the shoulder, sticking into her skin. Two of the rest charged forward toward the gorilla. An exploding shell stopped one and blew the other one all over the walls.

A grenade rolls from the corpse of the exploding one on to the floor directly in between the party. The pin lays directly next to it.
---
Wow, the dice weren't nice to you guys this round.

Time for Damage and Hero Points
Terra Damage Poitns: 2
Terra Hero Points: 0

Ani Damage Points: 1
Ani Hero Points: 1

Turtle Damage Points: 0
Turtle Hero Points: 3

#30 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

Terra feels the shot imbed her arm. "Lousy joints in the armor." Terra mutters as the drill revs, time to focus on her cradt. She begins on the hole, planning to go ten feet down with intent to move in some lateral direction afterwards. She gets about a third of the way when the grenade lands a few feet from her. Revving the drills faster, she puts a rush on her job, now aiming to make a fox hole to avoid the grenade. With any luck there would be some better ideas forming down there.

"Down! Now!" Terra hollers over the sound of her drills.

Terra uses digging along with transformation buffing to dig a large foxhole straight down to avoid the grenade blast and shrapnel.

#31 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:05 AM

Hmm, I could throw myself onto the grenade like a true hero, or,

"OUT O' MY WAY!!!!"

I could of course just blast open the hatch after the adventurer and as I dive for cover in his cellar/basement/secret tunnel/etc. In fact, I think that's just what I'll do.

BTT does exactly what I just said

#32 Darkender

Darkender

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

Ani leaped with her strong primal legs and, midflight, transformed into a bat as she dove for the tunnel.

Turns into a bat and dives for tunnel/cover.

#33 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

    Aqualad

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Ani dives into the mole's cave while Battle Turtle Two follows the adventurer.

The adventurer's cellar leads down into a cave lit by chemiluminescent crystals lining the walls. The entire cave is beautiful in rippling shade of sapphire blue

"You shouldn't have come here." The adventurer 'rounds a corner, using a cane to prop him up where he's missing a leg. "They live down here?"

"Who does?"

---

Terra Firma breaks through into another cave and falls a couple feet, but not enough to hurt her. Ani flutters down behind her mole friend before morphing back into her human form. The walls shine with bright blue crystal. A hallway leading deeper underground shows as inky blackness amidst the beautiful walls.

Terra was about to comment on how beautiful the cave was when a loud growl from farther inside shocked her into silence. There are voices from above. The armed men who had killed(destroyed?) Cuddles, were approaching Terra's tunnel.
---
All Metrics: The Same

#34 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

They live down here? Does he mean they live down here. Or is he asking me if they live down here. But then who would, ah screw it. Hey, free crystal.

I furtively rip a crystal from the wall and slip it into a nice hiding place in my armor. Then I look to the adventurer.

"We don't have a ton of time you ether-wielding weirdo. Who are they, and can I kill them?Or if the answer is yes to the second, we can skip the first. Also, don't try and run away again. I get very lonely, and when Battle Turtle Two gets lonely he gets angry, and when Battle Turtle Two gets angry, peg-legged cowards who run from fights get kaboomed all over the walls. "

Hopefully I'll get a standard level ally out of this. Or I get to blow this creeper into chunks before he can sneak away again. Win-win.

#35 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

    Aqualad

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:53 AM

"They are the disciples of The Just God." says the adventurer, "His Temple is down here in the caves. There is an annually human sacrifice to The Just God, but he doesn't kill them, he transforms them into something else."

"You lost me. Gods? What?"

The adventurer stared dumbstruck at Battle Turtle. "The God who has blessed this village with his power. He eradicates any village this one goes to war with."

"A god."

"Yes. And we are trespassing on his land."

The crystals start to dim. Growls echo off the walls. The adventurer backs up against a wall.

"Where are your friends? We're gonna need'em"

#36 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

"perfect, between a rock and a hard place..." Terra grunts. She does a 360 spin to assess their surroundings, specifically what directions they could go before iolating the two directions 'baddies' were coming from to assess where the hell they could go. "Ok, run or fight? I cast my vote already." she mutters to Ani before resetting her helmet after the fall and checking her armor again, hoping to not get hit in more exposed areas.

#37 Darkender

Darkender

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

"Fight or flight?" Ani answers with a growl.

Her body morphs and blackens, her black fur glimmering in the dim crystal lights. Her ivory claws scraped into the ground as she let out a terrifying wall that shook the walls.

#38 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

Just God? Where have I heard that before?... Wait, no, yes? It's a latin phrase, or at least part of one. A righteous God, a wise God, a just God. Deo Pio, Deo scito, Deo...crap. Four years of catholic school and I'm drawing a blank.

The growls were a little disconcerting. I look to the bag of bones next to me.

"Well if we need them to fight this God or its disciples, I could blow a hole in the wall... Buuut I don't know which wall they're on. And maybe my artillery can't even do that... Not that there's anything wrong with it. It works fine. I'm not the kind of guy who has to compensate because of the size of his cannons"

I hear Animal Chick let out a terrible wall. Wait I mean a wail, not a wall. She let out a wail that shakes the walls. So at least I know where they is. Are. Whatever, I still can't get to them without running back into the hut/adventurer lodging of choice with all those guys in it, or trying to find them in a maze of caves with the weird growling god.

Well, when all else fails, Kabooming. When that don't work, do something stupid. And also Kabooming.

I strap the crystal in my pocket to some of artillery. Who knows, maybe its super-crystal that explodes like thermite. Some people might say that's not very likely to suggest of a thing you randomly pull off a wall. I say the only options are that it can either happen or not happen, so its really a 50/50 chance. I aim for what looks like a weak section in the cave, hoping it'll crumble like a log jam topples. Blow up one key rock and you get a free doorway. Hopefully anyway...

BTT straps a crystal to his concussive weapon and starts firing, attempting to blow a hole into the wall to get to Ani and Terra

#39 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

    Aqualad

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

In The Adventurer's Tunnel

The Battle Turtle's exploding shell blows a crater in the wall. In a moment, however, the wall starts to slowly grow back. The crystal stretches and reforms and in seconds the wall is back where it was before, but this time with a series of sharp spikes pointing out into the room.

"Save your shells, son" remarks the adventurer. At that moment something big and hulking walks in from the tunnel that the adventurer is staring at. It swings a limb and knocks the adventurer across the room before turning to the Battle Turtle. It's a beast made entirely from the same crystal as the walls. two hulking arms, ready and able to do damage swung around at high speeds.

The adventurer coughs out some blood on the floor. "We woke them up."

In Terra's Tunnel

Just as Ani morphs into a jaguar, a beast charges into the room with such speed that it appeared blurry. Out of the corner of her eye, Terra could see it had a vaguely feline form that mirrored Ani's.

"Is this one of your friends?" she asks. Ani growls in response. Together they look at the crystal panther which seems to be guarding the entrance to a tunnel deeper into the caves.

---
WHOO FIGHT!

#40 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

Terra stares down the crystal beast in front of them. She gives a slight glance to her fellow teammate. She revs her drills defensively, ready to attack it if it comes at them with her armor's attack function. As she mulls over the coincidence of both taking the same form the mole gets an idea as to why, out of everything, the crystal beast chose that form over anything else.

"Hmm, yeah I wouldn't put it past a place like this to try that...." Terra mutters to herself before speaking directly to Ani. "Hey girl, I got an idea....try morphing into something a bit bigger, like a hippo or something." Terra says, hoping that Ani knew what she was thinking.

Readies for a counter attack from the crysal beast, if the beast attacks either of us before Ani responds to the plan, Terra will try to drill/"dig" through the thing's head.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users