Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Pragmatist Job 1: Into the Village


  • Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

    Aqualad

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

The target is within a village sitting on a river in the midwest of Khazan. This village has been using an unknown power to attack nearby villages. Your mission is to ascertain the nature of its power and recover it. That way, the Pragmatist can engineer it into weapons and make tons of money. Battle Turtle Two will be your leader for this mission.

Your party disembarks from a helicopter in front of the target village. A hooded woman in the pilot's seat wishes them luck before flying away. The party approaches the village wall with stretch unimaginably to the sky. The wall is dotted with watch-towers of cobblestone.

The village gate opens very slowly and your party watches as a hunched old man with a cane walks out. He looks your group of people in the eye and asks, "What are you all doing here?"

---
ROUND 1

You guys have to answer the question. Battle Turtle Two has been assigned to lead, you choose whether or not he does the talking. This round, you guys might want to think about establishing your character within the group.

You can:
A) Tell him the truth of why you've come to the village
B) Lie to the man
C) Attack him

This fic also has freewill. My suggestions are only suggestions. Choose to do whatever you want, and I'll find a way to make it work.

#2 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

I wonder what an old man's face looks like after it takes explosive ordinance to the face? Probably gooey. Yeah Gooey... but that might attract more villagers. So more people to blow up; win-win in my book. But the others might not see it that way, and they'd be all "meh meh meh, all your fault, meh meh". God other people are so annoying.

I whisper to the others, "Any ideas? I'm all up for telling this rube that we're businessmen or a traveling acting troop or some sh*t, but I'd rather just kaboom his face. Or compromise, animal girl turns into some sort of poisonous spider and paralyzes him quiet like so we don't alert the others.. Or kabooming his face. That's always an option."

#3 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

Terra waddles out of the plane before falling in line. She is quiet as the group arrives to the rather large gate; it was tough that's for sure built to last a siege and the kind that might as well have a "keep out" sign on it, if only for a good laugh. The old man doesn't seem like a threat, but looks can be decieving is Magical pet 101. At the evry least, if these guys were half-way competent then there was something on the tops of those walls ready to turn attackers into jelly. Terra listens in on the greeting of the man, a simple enough question, though not one easily answered. She thinks on what to say when 'Shell-head' gives his assesment. Luckily not many people know what kind of face a mole makes when it realizes it's completely screwed.

Oh please no, he's one of /those/ types of people. I saw the way he passed time on the helicopter, hell the look should have given it away...what's wrong with me?! Oh right, I was just hoping my jaded attitude was getting me paranoid but that's very quickly not becoming the case. This has to be salvaged, I can't die here!

Terra quickly recovers from the frantic thoughts going through her head and re-collects herself. She habitually kicks the ground under her when she gets an idea...that might work as a last resort, she would know only completely paranoid nut's dig-proof their whole groundwork.

"First off, let's not have kabooming anywhere on our first five options. Second, given that your dressed like that and talking to me the only idea they'd be able to believe would be an odd troupe or bunch of merchants. Try being vague, just that we want inside for something else....on second thought, someone else should do that." Terra mutters, trying to not get the old man any more suspicious than he already likely is.

#4 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

"Kabooming stays on the list you little whatever you are. I still like the paralyzing option, because it allows for further kabooming down the line. No way these guys are giving up that thing for free, and I don't aim on paying for it. What's your face, back me up on this... "

#5 Darkender

Darkender

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

Oh wow. Who picked this idiot to lead? I wish I was there for that meeting. If he says "kabooming" one more time I'll eat him alive.

"I wouldn't reccomend any kabooming, especially if they could be holding all types of unkown weapons in here. Some of us have things to do tonight and don't want to go to war with a small village." She said, before yieling in her sarcasm. "I could poison him, but it may not be as quiet as you would think."

#6 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

Terra was liking the other individual a bit more, if only because she didn't think her skullw as thicker than granite. After Ani spoke up, the magical pet spoke next.

"Yeah, if were gonna do something stupid, let's at least wait till were as close to the prize as we can get. Or at the very least are out of alternatives, which I can near gurantree we are not.....by the way I'm physically resembling a mole. The animal. Digs and stuff." she says, holding up her claws, still trying to keep just under the geezer's hearing aid range. "Just try and get our foot through that door...metaphorically speaking. If we can ge tinside this way, it gives us leeway."

#7 Darkender

Darkender

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

"I agree." Ani said without looking back to her companions. They had spent enough time arguing the point and it was time to make a move, unless the machine had a better idea, lying to the man and getting into the village seemed the truest course.

#8 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

Pff, women... Why must the answer to everything be talking? Conflict can only be resolved with explosions.

I look towards the little metal guy standing next to me.

Machines like rockets, right? He'll back me up.

I stare at the robot. He hasn't said anything in a while.

Maybe he can't talk. If he doesn't say anything soon, I'm going to have to go with the peaceful option. Or I could just shoot this geezer in the face and let them just deal with it. No, that wouldn't work...Whatever. I'll blow some stuff up later to make up for all this pacifism. Unless robo-toaster backs me up...

#9 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

    The FPL's favorite CBUBer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

A small electronic whisper radiates from the metal man,

" Motion: that we try stretching the truth first, and then use slightly more violent measures if this proves to fail?"

#10 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

"Motion begrudgingly carried..."

Sigh. What a waste of a perfectly good opportunity.

I turn to the old man. I fake a British accent, because hell, if I'm going to do this I'm going to do this my way.

"Goooooood evening my dear fellow. Why are we here, you ask, a wonderful question, a daring question, a handsome question if I should say so myself, and therefor fitting of the man who asked it. We are here to help you my friend, yes help you indeed. For unbeknownst to you there is a suspicious person taking haven in your quaint village. An outsider we believe, from some other village nearby. This deceiver has proven quite crafty in the past, and may have penetrated your not unimpressive walls. I do not know why, but rest assured it would bode ill for your home should this intruder remain.

As for us, we are all after this same treacherous individual for our own motives. No reason to go into details, for the details are far too harrowing and horrifying, and we simply do not have time if we intend to catch this intruder before he can do further maliciousness. We come from all walks of life and have armed ourselves quite well, this intruder is quite dangerous you see. Time really is of the essence, as any time wasted is time that could be spent searching. Please allow me and my companions to search this town for this devious intruder and I guarantee you we will find what we're looking for, but only if we can do so without further interruption. Now would you kindly move from the gate and direct us to where you think any possible saboteur might strike first...."

#11 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

    Aqualad

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

Metrics:
Hero Points
Ani: 1
Cuddles: 1
Battle Turtle Two: 2
Terra: 1

---
The old man looked quizzically at the group, one-by-one spending extra time staring down at the tiny, adorable robot. After giving them a strong dressing down, he turned back into the village motioning over his shoulder for them to follow him. Stephen led the way with his trademark swagger.

As they walked into the city, the party noticed as two men in the nearest watchtowers cranked the large gate closed. They were officially within the village whether they wanted to be or not.

The old man turned to the party and said, "Hmm, now there's two kinds of people in town who might hnow about an intruder. There's the shaman who lives on the west side of the city square or the adventurer who lives to the north. The shaman has his own personal consorts with the spirits and gods of the land, as a shaman does. The adventurer, he's a shrewd type. He's got all sortsa knowledge about this village. He probably knows some things even I don't know - and I'm the king!"

Looking around in the village square, the party looks at the pair of houses that they're standing in the middle of.

A) Go talk to the shaman
Go talk to the Adventurer
C) Continue talking to the King of the Village

#12 Darkender

Darkender

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

Ani breathed a sigh a relief after the old man revealed himself as the king. It definitely wouldn't have made their job easier if they were to have killed, or Kaboomed the king. She silently weighed the options as should looked to the others.

#13 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

Well I think I've heard all I need to from his royal wretching bag of bones. Best to get out of here before he keels over and expires on the dirt. Hopefully this explorer guy will be less of a pain.

I look towards the adventurer's hut/home/house/dwelling/ place of existence. I shouldn't have faked that accent now I have to keep it up the whole time. Sigh....

"Ok, one of you come with me to help me look. As team leader I'm saying we split up to cover more ground Stick together! Always Together! What fool suggested splitting up? Just make sure you don't do anything stupid and violent. And while your at it try and keep me from doing something stupid and violent."

#14 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

Terra follows the rest of the team inside the building. She was completely amazed that the bluff worked, at the very least that it got them inside with(likely) useful information. In her stupor she only gave a cursory glance at her surroundings.

Ok Terra, time to do some thinking. We have access to the inside for now, let's make the best of it. We can do this....sure we can.

When 'shellhead' started to talk, Terra was listening....just in case he's about to do something stupid. She hears him speak, at the very least he's making sense.

"Alright, I know I'll do my part to prevent idiocy." Terra mutters as she glances over to the adventurers house. Planning how to handle 'shrewd' types, she give s a nod to the reast of the team. "Sounds about as good as anything else we could do....maybe he wont be so suspicious if we ask some telling questions." Terra suggests before scratching the back of her neck. She was itchy.

#15 Darkender

Darkender

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

Shellhead was getting weirder by the second and this mission was seeming all the more pointless. Nevertheless, she was here and so she followed the leader to the adventurers home.

#16 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

    Aqualad

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

Metrics:
Hero Points
Ani: 1
Cuddles: 1
Battle Turtle Two: 2
Terra: 1
---
The team turned to the east and walked to the adventurer's house. It was a small two story house from the outside. It looked to be shoddily made, the brick pattern wasn't consistent. The party walked up to his door and Stephen knocked. They waited outside for a second, all was still. They turned to walk away from the seemingly empty house when Ani heard a faint cough from inside.

"He's in there."


"How do we get inside?" asked Terra Firma

"I don't know. Maybe we should blow his door in." answered the Battle Turtle

"Aren't we trying to be friends with him? We need to ask him something." Terra looked angrily at her hands.

Cuddles beeped cheerily.

#17 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

"If only we had some sort of person or personlike creature who could easily dig their way into the hut and let us in from the inside... hintie, hint, hint..."

#18 Darkender

Darkender

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

"Because thats very subtle." Ani said as she wallked up to the door. Her body vibrated intensely as she shrunk into cockroach and crawled under the door.

#19 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

"Good, then I shall make an active choice to wait for you to open this door"

#20 Darkender

Darkender

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:30 AM

Ani's hard shell scraped against the bottom of the door as she crawled. In time the light came and she was on the other side of the door. She slowly morphed back into her human form and turned the door knob door, letting in the rest of her team.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users