48 replies to this topic

#1 Odin

Odin

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

White Lotus Soldier: Avatar Aang the sacred stone at the valley temple is glowing and emiting vast amounts of energy please come quick.

Aang leaves his medation and runs to see for himself if the rumors are true. Upon getting there he is so happy to see the sacred stone is glowing. All of a sudden All of the Avatars past lives yell to Aang protect the stone trouble is coming.

Aang: Past avatars what do i need to protect the stone from?

Past Avatars: A royal order of space knights will try to collect the stone believing it is theres they will believe it is there right. And a darkness of creature you have never seen lusts the stones power.

Aang: can you offer me help?

PAvatars: We Can.

All of a sudden the brand new team avatar appears.

The setting is a temple in a valley with two water falls on either side and a river running through the temple.

AANGS FORCES:

Adult Aang
Adult Katara
Adult Toph
Adult Sokka
Adult Zuko
Uncle Iro
Monk Gyatso
Korra
Lin Beifong
Tenzin
Mako
Bolin
750 fire benders
750 water benders
750 earth
750 air

JEDIS:

Luke
Obi Wan
Mace Windu
Yoda
Annikan
plus 200 jedi
450 padions
2000 rebel forces with laser pistols

Xenomorphs:
10,000 xenomorphs

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

Learn More About
The Jedi Knights
Read more about The Jedi Knights at Wikipedia
Official Site: Lucas Films Links: Wikipedia Entry The Jedi Encyclopedia The Jedi Order

Aang
Read more about Aang at Wikipedia
Official Site: Nickelodeon Links: Aang Wiki Entry Distant Horizon TV.com Avatar:TLAB entry

The Xenomorphs
Read more about The Xenomorphs at Wikipedia
Official Site: 20th Century Fox Links: Wikipedia: Xenomorphs Essays on the Xenomorph's biology 20th Century Fox's Official 'Alien' Site

#3 FTANG Commando

FTANG Commando

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

Well it's kinda uncharacteristic for Aliens to lust after a stones power. And they don't have a queen? Cause a lot of the enemy forces could easily become they're forces if the battle lasted long enough. I don't see the jedi losing to the xenos though. At least an experienced jedi. After all, don't lightsabers cauterize wounds? So no acid really, right? Aang's forces might pose a threat at first but I don't really see them being able to win against jedi either. I just imagine the force trumping the elements.
Also how are Aang and Korra fighting along side each other??
My gut tells me to give it to the jedi.

#4 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

This could've really been in the Rumbles, and with all the Avatar characters on Aang's side you could have also used Team Avatar instead of just Aang as the contender for Team 2.

And yeah, I think the Jedis take this.

#5 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

The Jedi probably win this. Their lightsabers would cauterize the wounds they inflict on the Xenomorphs, so they wont have to worry about acid blood at all, which means they can wade through the aliens without a care in the world. The Benders could do the same thing, from far away, too, via their elemental Bending powers. So, basically, the Xenomorphs get slaughtered with ease and are a complete non-factor in the match, maybe taking out a few of the much weaker and less experienced Jedi and/or Benders.

Then it's a big ol' power-off between the Jedi and the Benders, which i see the Jedi eventually winning, but not without heavy loses. The Benders' powers are vast, but the Force is vaster still.

#6 FTANG Commando

FTANG Commando

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

I wouldn't say that the Xenomorphs are a non-factor. They have thousands more troops than any other opponent. That's a lot. And if they have a queen, then that number will just get bigger. Thinking back to clone wars, Jedi are powerful, but they're not invincible. Even on Geonosis, we see droids getting the better of some. Getting rushed by Aliens who are extremely fast could likely work to the Aliens favor. They're the only force that could practically replenish they're numbers. And that's just the "rush" strategy. Aliens typical strategy is to ambush from the dark. If this fight goes until night time. That is a huge advantage for the Aliens.

#7 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

The Jedi and the Benders could both simply "push" the Xenomorphs away with ease, and the Jedi could see, and sense, them coming using the Force, too. Let alone all the other abilities the Force and Bending grant their users. The Xenomorphs don't make more of themselves fast enough to make much of a difference. The Xenos would pick off a few of the less powerful and less experienced Jedi and Benders, like i said, but overall it just wont have a big enough impact on either army, and after the Xenomorphs are slaughtered the Jedi eventually beat the Benders and win.

The Jedi and the Benders may even join forces, to take out the Xenomorphs faster, before engaging each other.

#8 FTANG Commando

FTANG Commando

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

If they see them coming, I'll give you that some Jedi will be able to sense them but sometimes that comes too late. And it's not like they can push away everything. If they get swarmed, they get swarmed.

Also not everyone on the Jedi team is a jedi, or experienced enough to even be the caliber of Jedi knight on Geonosis. Most are soldiers and padawans. Most of that would be easy prey for alien attacks.

And I'd only see the others joining forces if the Aliens were a factor and not a non-factor.

Ultimately I still see the Jedi winning due to they're tech and the Force being better than Bending. I think I just imagine it being a closer fight.

#9 Odin

Odin

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

i thought everyone would sleep on the xenos

#10 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

It's a close fight between the Jedi and the Benders, but the Xenomorphs just aren't fast or smart enough to kill enough of the Jedi or the Benders to significantly affect their numbers. Like i said, they would take out a few of the soldiers and less experienced Jedi and Benders, but overall the Xenomorphs get waded through pretty easily.

#11 FTANG Commando

FTANG Commando

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

It's been awhile since I've seen Avatar, but did anyone die in that show from bending?
I just can't see how the benders will wade through the aliens. The only significant thing I can think of is the fact that maybe if they had enough metal benders they could take away the Jedi's and Rebel soldiers weapons (kind of makes me question if the jedi would be able to win after that). I mean the benders are fighting two forces they know nothing about and one is technologically superior and one is a force bred to kill and spread. Maybe if there's enough water, Avatar state could maybe create a tidal wave?
Strictly speaking, every jedi would have to kill 50 xenos if it was just jedi vs aliens. And I can't see those odds working in they're favor.
Maybe I'm thinking about this in a way that the two militant forces would almost be distracted by each other and they're defenses, when the aliens strike and swarm from the shadows.

#12 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

The Jedi and the Benders are more powerful and smarter than the Xenomorphs. The Xenomorphs just aren't winning this, they will take out a few of their opponents, but not enough to make a difference.

And death wasn't common on Avatar because it was a show made, primarily, for kids. The Bending powers are easily capable of being used to kill.

#13 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Death was actually common on Avatar - it just happened off screen. The Fire Nation's Army attacking, the Major Battles between said Nation and Team Avatar and Allies... etc, etc.

#14 FTANG Commando

FTANG Commando

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

The only thing I remember seeing that got someone close to death was a direct hit of "lightning" fire on Aang. Like you see people get hit by fire and water and earth a lot in that show, and they at most seem out of breath or bruised. I mean, I acknowledge that people died. I'm just wondering if it happened as a result of bending abilities. So it just makes me wonder how that could harm something more durable than humans or people with the Force at their side.

And I never meant to say that the Xenos would win. I'm just thinking they'd to more damage than you guys. Smarter is also questionable. Smarter in the general sense. Yes, since I mean, the xenos don't use tech or have inventions. But, smarter in battle smarts? I find that questionable. Xenos have been said to have a hive mind. So having all minds instantly interconnected on the battlefield for ambushes and strikes is a pretty potent ability.

#15 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

Lots of things happened off-screen, death was one of them, but it's not worth bringing up in Avatar's case.

#16 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

It kinda is since your comment stated that death wasn't common on the show when it clearly was, though as prior mentioned, it happened off screen.

So it was a correction worth bringing up :)

#17 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

You guys are forgetting that the blood of the Xenomorphs isn't just acidic. It's also highly pressurized, so the point regarding the saber-inflicted wounds not producing backlash is moot.

#18 MarxzVulpez

MarxzVulpez

Quack Goes the Dynamite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Drawing, Comics, Drawing, Reading, DRAWING!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

Of course we have to realize the factor of the Xeno's nasty habit of copying characteristics of those that they are hosted from. They could become force sensitive and or get bending powers. Take for instance FS Aklays, some of which can use Force Lightning iirc. Now imagine a Xeno with force lightning. Also with all the carnage from the fight, the chest bursters will have plenty of food to grow quickly. I guess this fight also depends on the environment in which it is set in. All we have is that the stone is in a valley temple. Not much to go by there. my vote? If eggs and queen are present, Xenos, if not It would be close but factor in Luke and fricking Yoda (what era Anikin are we talking, During or Post cw gap?) Jedi. Mace Windu dies like a little bitch. Um is Appa/ any other creature present from either universe? that could be a factor too.

#19 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

Aang's force is gone end up winning pretty easily with all those air, water, fire, and earth benders. They will do some serious damage with their all those benders together. The aliens aren't humans so they can be taken out rather easily by the fire and earth benders together. The Jedi will be a problem but they can be kept off balance by the combined water and air benders. The fire and earth benders then step in to finish the Jedi off. Seriously Aang's force with all their bending abilities has too many ways they can take it.

#20 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

I see the problem. Too many opinions exist in the world!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users