65 replies to this topic

#1 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:43 AM

Hey guys, we're gonna go out and get a weapon or weapon parts from some mysterious people. In this RP, you will be hired contractors of sorts. You'll get your assignments from Mr Margrave.

To sign up for this RP, I need your resume. I want your name (and aliases), age, prior employment or affiliation. You will also be asked to produce a personal assessment of your temperament (Personality Section). Finally, I want your extra-normal skills. Each character is allowed four or five points in FPL Powers. Five points if you are going to take an extension. Legendary Powers are off limits.

I can only take four players for the first one, but if this goes well, I'll run some other ones.

So, post Character Resumes Here.

#2 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

Battle Turtle Too!

Posted Image
Name: Stephen Smith
Aliases: Battle Turtle Two
Affiliation: Angels of Mercy

Personality: He's witty, happy, and occasionally (very occasionally) he can be quite charming. The rest of the time he's just a sarcastic ass. But a sarcastic ass with a great need for some weapons upgrades. He'll exchange labor for parts, upgrades, and repairs. Just don't try and use him on anything requiring subtlety.

Skills

Body: standard
Strength: standard
Agility: weak
Mind: standard

Armor standard: Turtle Armor- A heavy ceramic plate armor that can block most attacks. Not actually made from turtles. (1)

Concussive standard (ranged, seeker) : Shell-Shocker! - Its a pun, just a pun. Although there are a lot of shells, and it is pretty shocking to see a guy in a turtle suit annihilate dudes with make-shift artillery. Watch out for the red ones, they're homing shells.
(5)

OOC:
May replace him later

#3 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

What? Oh yeah right. It took me two weeks just to update on my own RP. Maybe next time. For now, I'll watch from afar as someone else does this...finally.

#4 bobisbeast

bobisbeast

The FPL's favorite CBUBer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

Name/Alias: Cuddles the Robot Mark IV

Posted Image
Affiliation: KALI

Personality: However cold and calculating you'd assume a robot to be, Cuddles is the exact opposite, as warm and comforting as a roaring fireplace. He'll go through any task given to him with complete and utter joy, wether it's saving a cat from a tree, or assassinating a corrupt political official. Although his monotone voice wouldn't suggest it, this robot's mind certainly isn't just a collection of 1's and 0's, although what exactly his mind is, is another question entirely.

Body: Standard
Strength: Weak
Agility:Standard
Mind:Standard

Extraordinary Skills:
Mind Blast-Standard (Ranged): The Circuitry of the Mind
Now the scientists that gifted Cuddles with that lovely sentience of his, also gave him powers above the human. His computer mind could do things a normal person or robot could ever dream of doing. His computer mind can psyionically attack others, hurting the very mental abilities of others.

Psychic Vampire-Standard (Ranged) (Linked to Mind Blast) I Can Hear Your Neurons Scream

In addition to "Physically" hurting his enemies minds, Cuddles has a slightly more subtle form of attack, the theivery of their very mental abilities, powering his own to even higher levels of power, which he has no hesitation of using directly back on the poor victim.

#5 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

Name: Terra Firma
Posted Image
Aliases: The earth mover, mech-a-mole
prior employment: Magical pet, formerly associated with various Magical girls(most notably Catalina Cage); Freelance muscle

Personality: Terra is a very methodical individual, the opposite of what you'd expect from a mole or even a magical pet. Due to experience with losing allies, her exterior is almost as thick and rough as the material she digs through for a living, she is a quiet and calm individual unless she nees to be otherwise. She can warm up to co-workers with enough incentive, even annoying ones, but with her revolving allies she tends to not want to get too attatched. Of course deep down she can be very empathetic but the route in life she's chosen doesn't allow her to show that very often.

stats- all standard

extra-normal skills;
Digging standard- If there was one thing she would be known for, it is her claws. While in recent time her reputation for weaponizing them has emerged, she was much prefers to use them to dig. She does digging very well; tunnels, trap holes, and emergency exits, she's had to exhaust the whole arsenal.

Transformation standard- After a bad job in budapest, a friend of Terra's suggested and handed over mechanical implants. The end result was a set of crude plate armor to cover Terra and could retract on command. In additiont o protection,Terra gets a few drills to assist in any situation that could be resolved with some sharp spinning objects.

OOC: Also might try to replace if time permits. Otherwise Im good.

#6 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

Name: Abigail Itos
Alias: Ani
Affiliation: Angels of Mercy

Stats
Mind: Standard
Strength: Standard
Agility: Superior
Body: Weak

Personality: It's not odd to see Ani accompanied by an animal where there is clearly a "No Pets Allowed" sign. While some jest that she growls and chirps more fluently than she speak, that is just a viscious rumor. She also speak english. She just rather not talk to you, most likely.

Transformation (Superior): She's a walking zoo... for free? Awesomeness.

:subject to change:

Edited by Darkender, 25 August 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#7 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

The first four characters, not placeholders, characters will be accepted.

#8 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

Ugh.

#9 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:05 AM

All right, so that's four characters. The Sarcastic and HotHeaded Battle Turtle Two, The Sanguine Cuddles, The subterranean Terra Firma, and the animalian Ari. I'll start up this RP Pretty soon. Just a bit of mechanics to work out.

There are two bars on your HUD, so to speak. There's your Damage Point bar and your Hero Point bar. Most of you have ten available damage points, (Ari, you have eight.) If you get up to your limit of Damage Points, you go down for the count. Seeing as we don't have any healers, that would be bad.

If you get up to your limit of hero points, you will get access to one Legendary power at level Superior for exactly one round. You can save up your Hero Time to use it at a later moment. This is for you to have fun with. Being smart and playing well will allow you to build up your Hero Meter. It won't roll over to other RPs if I have them.

#10 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:50 AM

I'm guessing this is because I have weak body?

Q#2: When I turn into an animal can I take that creatures abilities?

#11 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Well, yeah.

#12 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

Problem being with the animal girls is she can speak to animals. She would need to Communication to speak with anything other than humans. Just saying. Don't hate me Darkender.

#13 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

Also, if I finish my RP and you decide to add extra characters...I may join. We'll see how this goes.

#14 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

people are animals. So there you go Darkender. Love me more than Treach

#15 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

Yeah, I'll allow it. Call it part of Transformation if'n you want.

#16 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

Problem being with the animal girls is she can speak to animals. She would need to Communication to speak with anything other than humans. Just saying. Don't hate me Darkender.

That was actually a joke, but I'll take it. lol

Edit: How are we doing these rounds?

#17 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:42 AM

You guys are doing well.

#18 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

Hey, bob, ease up on your use of the conditional tense. I don't want extra "woulds" in the RP.

Also, guys, you don't need my approval. Any one of you can go ahead and do whatever action you want to do for this round. You can talk to the man. After you decide what you want to do, do it. Any one of you can start talking - if more than one of you does, I'll assume you're talking over each other.

#19 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

*Ani... Ani.

Also, hero points?

#20 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad