2 replies to this topic

#1 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

Lady Watchfob's funeral was rather large in attendance. She had touched a lot of lives in her career liberating servicemen and women from their lords and the book she had published about her exploits caused a lot of people to want to come and pay their last respects.

In Lady Watchfob's will, she gave her money, her resources, and her house to her financier Octavius Stonegorse with the caveat that the resources need be committed to the cause of human happiness.

After the funeral, Octavius left and indeed left Lady Watchfob's grounds because he had a very important meeting in another part of London entirely.

It smelled rotten underground. Octavius was keenly aware of the smell of rotten meat and along the walls of the tunnel he walked, he could see the bones of large animals picked clean. Something very large and very carnivorous lived in those tunnels.

At the end of the tunnel was a wooden door with a round brass knocker. Octavius could hear heavy breathing from inside. Determined, he reached up and knocked three times. The door opened presently and standing behind it was an eight-foot tall bipedal lizard.

"Victor Becket, I presume?"

The lizard nodded and walked back into his room. Octavius followed, terrified, but trying to keep his emotions under wraps. As he crossed the threshold of Becket's private chambers, the smell of rotten meat grew stronger.

"You look different than I had expected. Your letters gave no indication that you were a -"

"A monster?"

Octavius went white as a sheet. "I mean no offense, sir. I surely do not mean to call you a monster. Your appearance is just unorthodox."

Victor Beckett gave a low throaty chuckle. It was so inhuman it made Octavius's skin crawl. His tail dragged along the floor as we walked. He sat under a lamp that hung from the ceiling. Octavius sat opposite him.

Victor began to speak, "Are you ready to begin. To commit yourself to the next age."

"I want to know that my resources will be used for good."

"You will be free to withdraw your resources if you believe we have misused your resources. I assure you, this will be a step in the right direction for you and the world."

"With that insurance, I am ready to commit."

"Welcome to Infinium."

#2 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

Okay then.

#3 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

Octavius Stonegorse.... that sounds like something you contract on a subway tunnel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users