• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Xenerack5

Xenerack5

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, tv, movies, the rest of the internet and cracking of the wise.

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

Whoa I just slid out of my chair. Oh god my ass was just chewed off. RakaiThewei most of the stealth tactics and intelligence feats you described could have been performed by most animals and one only has to see them running directly at their prey and being shot to know they can make dumb mistakes. They have shown impressive ambush tactics but I doubht those will work on werewolves given their sharp sences and that their mind is at human level intelligence but with animalistic aggression.
The hive mind thing is an advantage but some werewolves have shown similar abilities such as the Quilette tribe or the wolves from the TV adaptation of Teen Wolf which has stated that wolves are much stronger in a pack. It doesn't state what these xeno's gestated inside of but i assume its the standard human gestation type. A Queen would be an an even bigger equaliser than the acid blood though.
As for specimen 6 wasn't every other xeno in that game fodder for marines and Yautjas. Grid didnt show much higher thinking than "A predator, kill it." She won because her blood ate through the net which just shows that Celtic Predator didn't think that move through.
As I said before I dont know which is stronger but the tactical advantage of acidic blood wins it for the aliens and don't say I dont know what I'm talking about.

#22 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

Whoa I just slid out of my chair. Oh god my ass was just chewed off.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

RakaiThewei most of the stealth tactics and intelligence feats you described could have been performed by most animals and one only has to see them running directly at their prey and being shot to know they can make dumb mistakes. They have shown impressive ambush tactics but I doubht those will work on werewolves given their sharp sences and that their mind is at human level intelligence but with animalistic aggression.

Name me an animal that can actually visualize a working elevator, understand it's working purpose and application, and even understanding to how it actually works and use it. Name me any animal. Any. Be it reptile, mammalian, marsupual or even arthropod. Any animal on this planet that has the intelligence level to work an elevator, and even be intelligent enough to sneak onboard a UD4L Cheyenne Dropship, and maintain being hidden until the right moment was there for it to strike a Colonial Marine issued Synthetic.

As for the Werewolves, it depends on what version of Werewolf we are talking about. Considering that Deojusto has said that these are the Underworld type of Werewolves, this is a double edged sword here. Only the Werewolves who are centuries old enough have actually managed to maintain control over their Lycan forms and retain their intelligence. Newer lycans who have been recently turned DO NOT have control over their werewolf forms, and they do not retain their intelligence.

Most Werewolves, especially in old folklore don't even retain their intelligence at all whatsoever. There are a few however that do, namely such as the Garou of the World of Darkness lore, and of course the Lycans from Underworld if we are to count those as well. But for the most part, from the movies I have seen with Werewolves and looking into ancient folklore, they don't retain much intelligence. As the poster said, it depends on WHICH version of the Werewolf we think is appropriate.

The hive mind thing is an advantage but some werewolves have shown similar abilities such as the Quilette tribe or the wolves from the TV adaptation of Teen Wolf which has stated that wolves are much stronger in a pack. It doesn't state what these xeno's gestated inside of but i assume its the standard human gestation type. A Queen would be an an even bigger equaliser than the acid blood though.

The Quileute Tribe from Twilight are not even Werewolves as made mention in the book. They've even said that they are not Werewolves, as their transformation isn't caused by the Lunar phases, nor where they bitten to become Werewolves. They're actually a different species altogether known as Shapeshifters and perhaps should be discounted. However, if you are going by the movies, there might be some evidence that suggest that they are Werewolves, but if you look at the source material-- the books, it ultimately states that the Quileute tribe are not at all Werewolves. Real Werewolves DO exist within the Twilight universe, but they are nearly extinct and are refered to as Children of the Moon... what their capabilities are, no one has seen as Stephanie Meyer has not even botehred in writing out what the Children of the Moon could do.

So in short, Quilette Tribe are not Werewolves and should not be counted:

"Shape-shifters, often mistaken as werewolves, are descended from the ancient spirit warriors of the Quileute. Back then, warriors and chiefs could leave their bodies and wander as spirits, communicate with animals, and hear each other's thoughts. However, a change impacted the tribe members hugely during Taha Aki's leadership and permanently changed their powers to shape-shifting into giant wolves."

Source: http://twilightsaga....i/Shape-shifter

"Children of the Moon are creatures similar to the traditional werewolves of myth, not to be confused with Shape-shifters."

Source: http://twilightsaga....ren_of_the_Moon

Teen Wolf on the other hand.... I haven't even seen.

As for the Queen, well if there is a Queen in this fight... We also need to understand how old it is. If it's two weeks old, then this is a Queen that is somewhere in the 12 - 24 foot height in range like the Queen we saw in ALIENS. And that was a Young Queen who was more or less two weeks ago, but if we are talking about an Empress on the other hand... Empresses are much more menacing than normal Queens. Empresses are Queens who have survived for hundreds, maybe even thousands of years and are somewhere in the 30 - 40 foot height in range, and their exoskeleton is harder than a normal Queen's. If you have an Empress in this fight, then surely she will also be guarded by the Praetorian Aliens, who are much stronger than most Xenomorphs and are perhaps rivaled by PredAliens in terms of strength. But the Empress is stronger than most other Alien Queens. Much stronger.

As for specimen 6 wasn't every other xeno in that game fodder for marines and Yautjas. Grid didnt show much higher thinking than "A predator, kill it." She won because her blood ate through the net which just shows that Celtic Predator didn't think that move through.

The Xenomorph itself is intelligent. However because of Jame Cameron's ALIENS, a lot of people have written them out to be nothing more than just this alien insectoid which isn't very intelligent, but they couldn't be farther from the truth because of Cameron's film. However, upon watching the Directors Cut of ALIENS, the Xenomorphs are shown to retain that intelligence, namely with the fact that they were searching for alternative ways to get around the Sentry Guns, and then there is the fact that in both the theatrical version and the director's cut-- they cut the power to the medical lab, and they had successful managed to breach the Marine's barracades and sentries and even over their line of fire until they swarmed in. For the most part, the Xenomorphs had the numbers on their side, and for the most part-- their tactic actually worked.

Specimen 6 wasn't the only Alien protagonist to be featured as an intelligent Alien. There was also the unnamed Alien Warrior in Monolith's 2001 Alien vs Predator 2. Right from the get go even when in the form of a Facehugger, this Alien had managed to evade a tightly knit and secured colonial complex and had managed to find a host to latch onto and gestate. After which, this very Alien then had evaded Iron Bear mercenaries and guards, and grew into adulthood, where it had proceeded to effectively kill as many Iron Bear mercenaries-- and it had killed three Predators later on in it's storyline, and it was even smart enough to recognize that the captor of it's Empress, Dr. Eisenberg, was a synthetic.

The creatures are intelligent. But it's mostly bad writing which has regulated them into the thinking of how people percieve them. Yes, they do follow a eusocial Hive structure as insects do like ants or bees, but that doesn't make them stupid like you're making them out to be. They do have problem solving capabilities, they do have a telepathic mind link, and are of course highly adaptable.

They have even managed to kill superheroes in the semi-canonical crossover, WildCATS/ALIENS. The reason that crossover is canon is because WildCATS/ALIENS was a prelude to the creation of the Authority. And the Xenomorphs were deadly enough to kill the Stormwatch team. One of them even gestated inside of Farenheit and inherited her powers over fire.

So really, the Xenomorph has ALOT more going for it then you assume.

As I said before I dont know which is stronger but the tactical advantage of acidic blood wins it for the aliens and don't say I dont know what I'm talking about.

Everything which I have made mention of above regarding the Xenomorph still holds. However we also don't know what version of the Werewolves we are dealing with. From how I see it...

Folklore Werewolves vs Xenomorphs--- Xenomorphs

First Generation Lycans (Underworld) vs Xenomorph - Xenomorphs

Second Generation Lycans (Underworld) vs Xenomorphs- Toss Up

Third Generation Lycans (Underworld) vs Xenomorphs- Xenomorphs

Corvinus-Lycan Hybrid (Underworld) vs Xenomorphs- Corvinus-Lycan

The Wolfman vs Xenomorphs-- Xenomorphs

WoD Garou vs Xenomorphs- Garou

Twilight Children of the Moon vs Xenomorphs-- Xenomorphs.

Also another thing to consider is the fact that the Xenomorphs making use of Werewolf captives for the Hive. Some werewolves are known to possess highly regenerative healing factors unless when exposed to by Silver... if a Werewolf with this attribute is taken into the Hive, you have essentially a never ending supply of breeding stock for the Xenomorphs to make use of. A Werewolf would suffer birth after birth, endlessly until it's freed by it's pack... If more than one Werewolf with this trait is captured, more numbers on the side for the Xenomorph.

#23 Xenerack5

Xenerack5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, tv, movies, the rest of the internet and cracking of the wise.

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

Dude my ass was just starting to grow back. The elevator i have to assume was PIS but i was refering more to the stealth tactics. I definately underestimated these aliens. And the idiocy of Stephanie Meyer's writing. I now really want to see that army of werealiens.

#24 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

Dude my ass was just starting to grow back.

Want me to tear you a new one? :D

The elevator i have to assume was PIS

No, not really. As a matter of fact, the Queen is said to be generally the most intelligent of all the Xenomorphs and this concept was heavily expanded upon in the comics and novels as far as the expanded universe is concerned. There was a site called the Anchorpoint Essays which detailed on how intelligent the Queen was and how intelligent the Xenomorphs themselves are, but the author of the site, Thedus, shut his site down due to people hacking into it.

And the idiocy of Stephanie Meyer's writing.

Yes, Stephanie Meyer is an awful writer.

I now really want to see that army of werealiens.

I think that you would just get regular human gestated Xenomorphs... or a Xenomorph that is perhaps slightly bigger, taller, heavier and has the joint configurements of the Aliens that we saw in Alien Resurrection.

-Rakai'Thwei

#25 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

One, I'm glad Rakai's back in a debating mood. Somebody go make a Marvel Character vs Xenomorphs/Yautja match right now!

Second, Deo, your match making prowess doesn't need any recognition from such a humble guy like myself. Simply reading one of your matches would make anyone into a Deojusto-fan. Hope to see another match soon.

#26 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

One, I'm glad Rakai's back in a debating mood. Somebody go make a Marvel Character vs Xenomorphs/Yautja match right now!

I am trying to dredge up the will to return to my Dachande arc... I really am... But it's almost pointless considering that my readers from the old CBUB before the re-vamping are now gone.

-Rakai'Thwei

#27 Xenerack5

Xenerack5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

What would a full moon do to that I wonder.

#28 Xenerack5

Xenerack5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

Rakai your arcs have always been awesome please continue.

#29 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

Rakai your arcs have always been awesome please continue.

...You've read them?

-Rakai'Thwei

#30 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

I am trying to dredge up the will to return to my Dachande arc... I really am... But it's almost pointless considering that my readers from the old CBUB before the re-vamping are now gone.

-Rakai'Thwei

Heh. I understand. There seems to be a new wave of members every couple months.

Having said that, you've raised my hopes for another Predator match. I shall be waiting Rakai!

#31 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

But it's almost pointless considering that my readers from the old CBUB before the re-vamping are now gone.

What am I? Chopped liver? :P Pop into #UWT, and drag their asses back. ;P

#32 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:15 AM

Match Final Results
USER RATINGS
A
A Hilarious. I would love to see more cliche matches from you.
A Can I get an AWWWEESSOOMMME up in here???
B
B
SCORE
Werewolf: 12
The Xenomorphs: 30
FPA: 3.6

#33 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

From Skyrim, not so much. The Skyrim werewolves aren't particularly impressive.

For the WoD werewolves, it would depend on what kind of werewolf we're talking about. I can easily think of builds for WoD werewolves that would lose badly against Xenos, but I can just as easily think of builds for WoD werewolves that would win without breaking a sweat.

I heard Skyrim werewolves could take down giants and had impressive healing factors, but i don't know enough about them myself to say if they could beat a Xenomorph or not.

Of course, being a game it would have to depend. Do they have a way of countering the acid blood problem?

Corvinus-Lycan Hybrid (Underworld) vs Xenomorphs- Corvinus-Lycan

By Corvinus-Lycan Hybrid do you mean William Corvinus? He wasn't that much more impressive than the regular Underworld werwolves, a bit bigger and stronger, but a Xenomorph could probably take him out without trying too hard, due to acid blood, although it might die of it's wounds later.

What about Michael Corvin? I know he's a werewolf-vampire hybrid, but it could be a more interesting fight.

#34 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

I heard Skyrim werewolves could take down giants and had impressive healing factors, but i don't know enough about them myself to say if they could beat a Xenomorph or not.

Of course, being a game it would have to depend. Do they have a way of countering the acid blood problem?

Actually, Skyrim's werewolves have a pathetic healing rate. Health regenerates far slower as a werewolf.

And they have a knockdown attack that makes giants fall over, but that's game mechanics coming into play more than anything else.

#35 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

*Starts reading, sees towards the top Rakai's first or second post on this page, looks at "any animal"*

Humans.

#36 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

By Corvinus-Lycan Hybrid do you mean William Corvinus? He wasn't that much more impressive than the regular Underworld werwolves, a bit bigger and stronger, but a Xenomorph could probably take him out without trying too hard, due to acid blood, although it might die of it's wounds later.

I was actually refering to Quint the Uber-Lycan from Underworld: Awakening. He possessed an immunity to silver, and was roughly Hulk sized.

-Rakai'Thwei

#37 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

*Starts reading, sees towards the top Rakai's first or second post on this page, looks at "any animal"*

Humans.

Caesar the Chimpanzee =D

#38 corvette1710

corvette1710

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

If we're going to play that game, Aslan the lion Jesus deity.

#39 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

Aslan isn't an animal, He just takes the form of an animal.

#40 corvette1710

corvette1710

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

Touche.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users