deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:09 AM

“You wish to proceed with testing the specimens Dr. Plot?”

“Why of course Dr. Straightman.”

“And you intend to do this by pitting it against massive beasts you bought off an Andromeda black market?”

The two scientists sat in the small observation room, lights flashing, and computers beeping around them. Through a small window they could see two aliens snipping at each other. Plot and Straightman turned to each either and were not watching the creatures very intently.

“Yes I do,” said Dr. Plot.

“But why? To what scientific purpose?”

“To the scientific purpose of… a hypothesis of…survival of the fittest?”

“You just like making animals fight each other, don’t you?”

“What? No. Well, yes. But don’t be so judgmental. You act like it’s a crime.”

“It should be. Were-beasts, aliens; it’s like dog fighting for super villains.”

A loud siren interrupts them. Red lights flash overhead. Dr. Plot turns to a computer panel and looks across the screen. Dr. Straightman leans over his shoulder.

“Did somebody light up in the lavatories again?”

“No, that isn’t a fire alarm. That’s the giant monsters have escaped their cages alarm.”

“We have one of those?”

“Oh yes,” Dr. Plot says, “I find it comes very useful. Let’s see… it says six have escaped”

“Did they burn through the floor with their acidic blood?”

“No…I left the door open again. Here, I know what I’ll do… there, now the other ones have been let out. They’ll fight each other and leave us alone.”

A bright light flares behind them, not an electronic light, but a match. They turn. A man in a tweed suit lights a brass pipe with the match he just struck. His white hair tangles down his back in knots. He puffs, and glares at the two scientists with his eye, the one not covered by an eyepatch that is.

“Aye lads. They’ll fight. But you won’t escape them. When the beast roams, no man be safe, no matter how much he guards himself in science and reason. The beast knows nothing of reason…”

Dr. Straightman whispers.

“How did he get here?”

“It’s a werewolf story, doctor; there needs to be a villager in a tweed suit, smoking a pipe, and warning the more rational, skeptic characters about the incredible danger that awaits them. That’s just good procedure.”

“But how did he get here?”

The one eyed man in tweed shoots up in front of his face. They stand uncomfortably close.

“Aw, ye doubt do ye? Ye have been warned, ye cannot escape now. Once the fog be on the moors, then the night belongs to the beast.”

“But, we’re on a spaceship…”

Dr. Plot elbows him.

“Shhhh.”

“But luckily,” says the old man, “there be ways to kill the creature. First, you must-“

A spined alien tongue pierces through him and out his remaining eye. Blood spatters across the scientists. They can barely mutter “oh sh-” before they are impaled on its tail like shrimp on a skewer.

----------------
Two rounds. Round one: on the spaceship. Round two: the spaceship crashes onto the fog drenched moors of England and the remaining beasts fight out there. Underworld werewolves are my standard, but go by whatever you think the acceptable werewolf brand is.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:09 AM

Learn More About
Werewolf
Read more about Werewolf at Wikipedia
Official Site: Public Domain Links: Wikipedia Wikia Wikia

The Xenomorphs
Read more about The Xenomorphs at Wikipedia
Official Site: 20th Century Fox Links: Wikipedia: Xenomorphs Essays on the Xenomorph's biology 20th Century Fox's Official 'Alien' Site

#3 Xenerack5

Xenerack5

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, tv, movies, the rest of the internet and cracking of the wise.

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

I imagine that when a wolf wounds a xenomorph their blood dissolves the wolfs limbs. Even if they win they lose. Hilarious set up though.

#4 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

I imagine that when a wolf wounds a xenomorph their blood dissolves the wolfs limbs. Even if they win they lose. Hilarious set up though.

However there's also the thought that depending on which version of werewolf this is, the only way to permanently harm them, is to use silver, which means that various limbs that are dissolved by acid, will simply grow back again.

#5 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

Getting killed by silver is pretty werewolfy. But they can be killed in other ways, via decapitation, or fire I believe. Also, the aliens could cripple the werewolves and eventually they'd transform back into humans, and be easily killable.

#6 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

That, again, depends on the version of Werewolves. There are versions of werewolves that, literally, cannot be killed/damaged permanently by anything other than Silver or another were.

#7 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

Like I said, I'm going with Underworld werewolves as a benchmark. They can be killed by silver, but enough physical dismemberment can also do the job, like how the original werewolf died in the second movie. Use whatever benchmark you want to make your choice as long as they represent what you think of as the main conception of a werewolf.

#8 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

Okay setup and I am undecided on who would win. A Lycan is powerful enough to do some damage to a Xenomorph but the same can be said for the Xenomorph. A Lycan speed wise is fast but not as fast as the wolves in Twilight or Vampire Diaries. As far as killing them the Lycans can take a good amount of silver bullets before dying depending on how big and strong the Lycan is.

On the Xenomorph side its not proven that its acid won't do some serious damage to a Lycan. The acid while it may not kill the Lycan for good will do enough damage to keep the Lycan from delivering a killing blow due to the burning which will cause it pain. That will give the Xenomorph enough time to kill the Lycan while its in pain from the acid.

#9 Xenerack5

Xenerack5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, tv, movies, the rest of the internet and cracking of the wise.

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

Although silver is a werewolfs kryptonite I've never seen a version that could survive being ripped apart by an opponent with similar strength. Also though they can heel from almost any injury I've never seen them regrow whole limbs. Even if they could if they really tore into the xenomorph it would get all over them and they would either melt or be dissolved into pieces.

#10 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

As has been stated, it depends on the Werewolf, but if we're using Underworlds Werewolves then the Xenomorph wins easily. A Van Helsing Werewolf or even a Dog Soldiers Werewolf could give a Xeno a hard time, but they would probably get melted in the end anyway, seeing as close combat is their only option and the Xeno's have acid blood, so they don't properly win.

While i can think of several Werewolves that could match or surpass a Xeno in terms of strength, speed and intelligence, i can't think of a kind of Werewolf that could survive being drenched in the Xeno's acid blood.

#11 leroypowell3

leroypowell3

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

I'm going to go with the Xenomorphs. The arguments that their acid blood will keep the werewolfs from finishing them off sounds like the most logical outcome of a fight between these two.

#12 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

Way too drunk to care

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Doing butt naked cartwheels

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

This set up was hilarious. Wasn't crazy long because it didn't have to be. Short, sweet, hilarious, and to the point. A from me sir. Xeno FTW.

#13 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

Interesting match. I have to go with the Aliens, also.

#14 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

Actually, what about a werewolf from Skyrim or World of Darkness? Surely those kinds of werewolves could give a Xenomorph a hard time, and even kill one..?

#15 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:39 PM

Actually, what about a werewolf from Skyrim or World of Darkness? Surely those kinds of werewolves could give a Xenomorph a hard time, and even kill one..?

From Skyrim, not so much. The Skyrim werewolves aren't particularly impressive.

For the WoD werewolves, it would depend on what kind of werewolf we're talking about. I can easily think of builds for WoD werewolves that would lose badly against Xenos, but I can just as easily think of builds for WoD werewolves that would win without breaking a sweat.

#16 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

I love them Garous :)

#17 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:27 PM

Amazing set up. Brevity is the mark of the wise!

Anyways, I'm on Team Xenomorphs on this one. The werewolves are a formidable threat, yes, but they've been taken down by much weaker foes in the past. I prefer not to use "Only Silver Can Kill Me" Werewolves, because frankly, those wouldn't be very sportsmanshiplike. Using regular Underworld styled Werewolves, they kill a couple aliens here and there, but the Xenos are just too quick. Too deadly.
Xenos ftw.

#18 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:41 AM

Thanks for all the compliments on the match write-up. Every time I get a thumbs up from Marvel I've know I've done all right. It seems most people are going xenomorph. I voted for them too, but in hindsight, the werewolves have the same speed and more strength, but would have to be smart enough not to drench themselves in acid. If I had to do it all over again I'd switch, but it would still be close.

#19 Xenerack5

Xenerack5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

Xeno's aren't that impressive. Their ability seems to vary and they can be pretty stupid and easily killed by a human with a gun. The acid blood is their ace in the hole though most wereolves, even the smarter characters, aren't known for thinking before they act in a fight.

#20 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

Xeno's aren't that impressive.

That is where you are very wrong.

The Xenomorphs are a biological weapon that can adapt to literally any environment, and they can thrive wherever they are. They can even thrive in an atmosphere where the air is completely unbreathable, and they also are known to function perfectly fine even in the vaccuum of space as seen in the original ALIEN film when it had been shot out of the airlock. Under most circumstances, most organisms would have their blood boiling and literally freeze to death and explode without a space suit, but the Xenomorph in question actually didn't succumb to it, suggesting that these things are HIGHLY adaptable.

Their ability seems to vary and they can be pretty stupid

Their abilities seem to vary based upon the host which they have gestated inside of. The Xenomorph can have a wide range of abilities depending on the host in question which has been the victim for a Facehugger. We do know that the Xenomorph absorbs a small amount of genetic make up from their host, in turn giving it some physical resemblance and even downright some of the abilities of the host in question. We already know that the human born Xenomorph is a specimen which is extremely dangerous, and we also know that PredAliens are even far more dangerous than the human gestated Xenomorphs.

As for them being stupid, the Xenomorphs have been shown to have a fairly high intelligence. In the original ALIEN, the Xenomorph actually used stealth like tactics to get to it's victims and immediately go away with them. This was also seen again to a lesser extent when Grid Alien had exhibited some form of intelligence when fighting against both Chopper and Celtic Predator, dispatching the former with relative ease and of course the latter with much more difficulty.

Another Alien which showed incredibly intelligence was Specimen 6, the Alien in Rebellion's Alien vs Predator 3 game. This was an Alien that started out as a Warrior but she had been noted by Dr. Graves that she was intelligent when she had tried to make her escape from the pod labs. Even before she was fully grown, as a chestburster, she had broken out of her host's chest, slithered back inside and waited until the scientist were gone so she could escape. Later on, it was then revealed that Specimen 6 was infact destined to become a new Queen of the hive when the Ancient Empress had been killed in a fire.

Alien Queens are also intelligent, this was seen in ALIENS when the Xenomorph Queen, perhaps only two weeks old at the most and this was a Young Queen-- had learned how to operate an elevator, and she had also managed to sneak onboard the Dropship and back onto the Sulaco. She also recognized that her eggs were in danger and even commanded her drones to back off from Ellen Ripley. So she is intelligent for problem solving and survival instincts. Also considering that Queens have a telepathic link with the Hive over all, she can give them commands on how to better deal with her enemies.

Xenomorphs aren't as stupid as most people make them out to be.

easily killed by a human with a gun.

Although this much is true, blame James Cameron for that one...

The acid blood is their ace in the hole though most wereolves, even the smarter characters, aren't known for thinking before they act in a fight.

The Xenomorphs have a lot more than what you're giving them credit for.

For one, their claws are extremely sharp and are extremely hard. Almost as hard a diamond as I can recall about such a mention from the novels and comics of course, and then there is the fact that these creatures also have a telepathic hive mind. What one Xenomorph knows, the rest will also know and the group will better react to the situation. And then there is the fact that the Xenomorphs also have a strong neurotoxin in the barb of their tails to better incapacitate their prey with. If a Werewolf gets struck by the tail, chances are that the neurotoxin will eventually do the beast in and allow for the Xenomorph to drag it back to the Hive for implantation.

Strength wise... it's really hard to say where a Xenomorph that was gestated inside of a Human is when compared to a Werewolf. But there are some hybrids out there that are far... far stronger than any Werewolf. PredAliens being an example, and of course there is the Jockey-Xenomorph... and I am not talking about the Deacon from Prometheus.

Really, if you're going to act like you know something about the Xenomorphs, at least show more knowledge than what the average movie go'er knows about these creatures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users