• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:14 PM

Yeah I probally got the name wrong so what exactly is a sixth of a second called? I'm having trouble figuring it out how to upload it anyone think they can help?

1/6 of a second... equals 0.16666... seconds

To put this in perspective, an average human has a reaction time of 0.300 seconds

A Spartan has a reaction time of 0.020 seconds, or ~0.0001 seconds with an AI... Mind you, that they have the physical speed to actually keep up with these numbers.

#42 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:45 PM

1/6 of a second... equals 0.16666... seconds

To put this in perspective, an average human has a reaction time of 0.300 seconds

A Spartan has a reaction time of 0.020 seconds, or ~0.0001 seconds with an AI... Mind you, that they have the physical speed to actually keep up with these numbers.

Isn't MCPO the only one with AI I read the books and I'm pretty sure he is. I also did something stupid again I should have actually said sixieth instead of sixth so it's really 1/60 of a second or

#43 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:17 PM

Isn't MCPO the only one with AI I read the books and I'm pretty sure he is. I also did something stupid again I should have actually said sixieth instead of sixth so it's really 1/60 of a second or

Yes the Chief is the only one with an AI, though all the others are still capable 0.020 seconds reaction times.

As for 1/60th of a second, it's just 0.016 seconds, and only 0.004 seconds faster than an Average Spartan. Meaning that the Chief is still be faster since he has Cortana.

#44 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:31 PM

Yes the Chief is the only one with an AI, though all the others are still capable 0.020 seconds reaction times.

As for 1/60th of a second, it's just 0.016 seconds, and only 0.004 seconds faster than an Average Spartan. Meaning that the Chief is still be faster since he has Cortana.

But okay so that's his general speed of reaction while sephiroth moves at 1.5 meters per 1/60 of a second meaning he can move at 5400 meters in a minute so he can travel 324000 meters per hour which is 3240 kmph and it's also stated in a description of his attack that he can move his arms at the speed of sound. I think that's faster then MCPO.

#45 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:40 PM

And Skirmisher where did you find the Spartan reaction time from?

#46 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:13 PM

And Skirmisher where did you find the Spartan reaction time from?

It's in the Book "The Fall of Reach", can't quite remember which page it's on though.

Also, seeing as how, physically the Halo/Star Wars chars are outmatched, can they be allowed time to optimize their equipment, using what is available to the Two Universes?

As for a Good Vid, why not show this one? The Battle between Cloud and Sephiroth in the Advent Children movie. That's a good Mid point for the Character since he's not in his God Mode.

#47 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:19 PM

It's in the Book "The Fall of Reach", can't quite remember which page it's on though.

Also, seeing as how, physically the Halo/Star Wars chars are outmatched, can they be allowed time to optimize their equipment, using what is available to the Two Universes?

As for a Good Vid, why not show this one? The Battle between Cloud and Sephiroth in the Advent Children movie. That's a good Mid point for the Character since he's not in his God Mode.

I thought of that but at the level seen in the movie it seems actually closer to his weakest shown point in Crisis Core and yes they can combine tech if they find time.

#48 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:02 PM

I thought of that but at the level seen in the movie it seems actually closer to his weakest shown point in Crisis Core and yes they can combine tech if they find time.

Then here, how about this one? I pulled it off the net and dissected one of his swings for speed.
Posted Image

As you can see it takes him 0.080 seconds to complete one full attack, and this was one from his Flurry of Attacks.

As well, what do you mean "if they find time." Are they currently engaged in combat? Or are you talking a time scale on the order of a Final Fantasy game?

Lastly, where are they fighting again?

#49 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:31 PM

The battle takes battle takes place within a dome inside the dome there are 100 panels each panel holds a terrain there are five terrains a mountain, a ocean, a forest, a desert and a city. Each square has an area of 10000 miles. The tiles will move or teleport to a random spot within the dome every 37 minutes.

#50 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:42 PM

I am going to give this to Star Wars and Halo.

Jedi and Sith along with far superior technology and numbers give them the win.

Sci Fi>Fantasy

I don't agree with you in numbers. They have the palamecian army and the Emperor has the abillity to summon fiends to his aid meaning he actually has an infinite amount on his side.

#51 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:50 PM

I don't agree with you in numbers. They have the palamecian army and the Emperor has the abillity to summon fiends to his aid meaning he actually has an infinite amount on his side.

What is his summon rate? What are their strengths? How powerful are his Fiends?

As well, shouldn't you get around to actually providing descriptors for the Final Fantasy Villains like yoy said in your first post?

#52 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:00 PM

What is his summon rate? What are their strengths? How powerful are his Fiends?

As well, shouldn't you get around to actually providing descriptors for the Final Fantasy Villains like yoy said in your first post?

Yeah I should probally get to that.

#53 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:25 AM

I found that I was too lazy too make a detailed description about them so i'll just make a quick list of possible position and what they can do.

Leader (Emperor Mateus) : I see him being the leader of the group mostly because he is a master strategist. He is capable of many powerful spells most are used like traps and slow time. He has been capable of summoning many diffrent creatures very frequently and some times several at once and also with the proper mixture of his massive charisma and his master torturing skills. The downs of this would be seeing nearly all of them are power hungry and he being a real big douche I don't see anyone working well being ordered around.

Bodyguard (ExDeath): This is the best spot I could think for him. He has many impressive magical abillities like making small black holes and teleporting along with TK and awareness through the Void. The problem is that he belives that all are inferior too him and same with Mateus I think there might be some problems.

Spy/Sniper (Ultimecia): She gets this for her time and space warping abillity and her abillity to posess any female. She can also arm the Palamecian army with advance technology. The one big downfall is her goal too compress all time usn't a fun one for anybody and she also lost too a emo weilding the bastard child of a gun and a sword just cause he was destined too and she could have avoided the whole scenario by not going billions of years into the past.

Tank (Garland/Jecht): Both have an immense level of durabillity taking on hits that can level buildings and shrugging them off and both Jecht and Garland have immense strength. Garland has many earth shattering attacks and some very strong spells while Jecht has unlimited strength and esplosive blows. Problems with Jecht and Garland is Garland will be hard to control and Jecht has too continually be convinced to be on their side.

Aerial (Kuja): A master of the sky he can glide through the air freely as long as he has his orbs of holy to levitate him. The Holy orbs would be highly effective against any vehicle in the air from the start to any time in between. First they will see a ball of light then boom they are dead then laterwhen more Holy orbs are made it will become much harder for them to move around. His temper and cockiness is probally his main problem.

Spies/Hive mind (Zemus/Golbez): Zemus is a master of telepathy and a very skillfull at mind control. Golbez is a master of gravity and some other elements making him basically a force of nature and has some degree of mind control. The only way too stop Zemus mind control is too either kill Zemus or have a sudden burst of great positive emotion which no one would seem too have. Zemus is very hard to kill seeing it took two meteors too kill him but if does die then Golbez would no longer be on the FF side.

Magical Aid: Kefka and Xande both powerful magicans both very smart both really insane that's all I got for now.

Sephiroth: You should all already know enough about him and I don't really have a spot for him I started too run thin on Zemus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users