52 replies to this topic

#21 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:49 PM

Quite right, when has he ever gone Light Speed? He may be fast but not that fast!

In point of some cutscenes and in gameplay you can actually see only that of a beam of light for his trail for about a half second time. his hands most positively move at light speed for many of his physical attacks has shown him in a single have millions of light slashes within the time of the motion.

#22 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:50 PM

Quite right, when has he ever gone Light Speed? He may be fast but not that fast!

I blame animu and mangos and their habit of showing speed by simply making the character 'disappear' or turn into lines. People see that and go "Well, I can't see him, so therefore c."

Yes but what about the more aware ones like Exdeath or Zemus they can warn him with telepathy of a little person hiding and preparing too shoot him.

The message is compiled, sent out, received and understood faster than the blaster bolt or bullet reaches it's target?

#23 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:51 PM

This leads me to believe that you don't know what c actually is.

Seriously, Sephiroth wank never dies does it?

I haven't lied yet or made stuff up so wheres this "wank" you speak of?

#24 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:54 PM

I blame animu and mangos and their habit of showing speed by simply making the character 'disappear' or turn into lines. People see that and go "Well, I can't see him, so therefore c."

Well yes but even if you take away the possibillity of light speed then it still is a impressive speed feat to move a considerable distance in a very short amount of time or becoming what would seem to be nothing but a flash of light.

The message is compiled, sent out, received and understood faster than the blaster bolt or bullet reaches it's target?

Okay you got me there.

#25 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:55 PM

In point of some cutscenes and in gameplay you can actually see only that of a beam of light for his trail for about a half second time. his hands most positively move at light speed for many of his physical attacks has shown him in a single have millions of light slashes within the time of the motion.

^
This.
People look at stuff like this, and go "Hello c!!!" Dude those are stylistic choices. If he was really moving that fast, where are the sonic booms and massive shockwaves he would make as his arms move through the atmosphere at those speeds? Those flashes of light are generated by what? His sword annihilating the atmosphere as it moves through it? No violent and explosive heating of the atmosphere around him?

He can move at light speed, yet doesn't have the reflexes to keep up with Cloud, who is much slower?

What, his skin is made of supermaterial so that they don't rip apart his joints as they move at those speeds?

I haven't lied yet or made stuff up so wheres this "wank" you speak of?

The wank is that you think Sephiroth moves at c, something which you back up only with "flashy" moves. Post a video of Sephiroth breaking the light speed barrier and then I will believe you. Then come up for reasons why none of the above occurs in those videos.

#26 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:03 PM

^
This.
People look at stuff like this, and go "Hello c!!!" Dude those are stylistic choices. If he was really moving that fast, where are the sonic booms and massive shockwaves he would make as his arms move through the atmosphere at those speeds? Those flashes of light are generated by what? His sword annihilating the atmosphere as it moves through it, yet no shockwaves? No sonic booms? No violent and explosive heating of the atmosphere around him?

What, his skin is made of supermaterial so that they don't rip apart his joints as they move at those speeds?

The wank is that you think Sephiroth moves at c, something which you back up only with "flashy" moves. Post a video of Sephiroth breaking the light speed barrier and then I will believe you. Then come up for reasons why none of the above occurs in those videos.

Okay I think I can get a video soon but i'm still looking for one that dosen't look crappy. For the above reasons I think I have an anwser for atleast one already just wait a bit.

#27 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:10 PM

Yes but what about the more aware ones like Exdeath or Zemus they can warn him with telepathy of a little person hiding and preparing too shoot him.

Posted Image
Exdeath is a warlock, tree, knight, thingy... He has powers over various natural forces to cause large scale destruction... Like an earth quake to level a city or a forest fire... Also it says he's a competent swordsman to boot... It also says that he was a good spell caster, though only rarely used it. Has some degree of immortality, though this could just be a very high degree of survivability due to his Tree like physiology. He also has the ability to overwhelm a mortal consciousness and replace it with his own, though he would not be able to use this on a large scale due to the fact that it's his own consciousness that he uses.

Posted Image
I can't really find any sort of definite power on this guy... Probably a master spell caster, and has a good ability to control people.

So far I see no way of these two helping Sephy, especially since not even they would know about Linda.

#28 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:14 PM

Posted Image
Exdeath is a warlock, tree, knight, thingy... He has powers over various natural forces to cause large scale destruction... Like an earth quake to level a city or a forest fire... Also it says he's a competent swordsman to boot... It also says that he was a good spell caster, though only rarely used it. Has some degree of immortality, though this could just be a very high degree of survivability due to his Tree like physiology. He also has the ability to overwhelm a mortal consciousness and replace it with his own, though he would not be able to use this on a large scale due to the fact that it's his own consciousness that he uses.

Posted Image
I can't really find any sort of definite power on this guy... Probably a master spell caster, and has a good ability to control people.

So far I see no way of these two helping Sephy, especially since not even they would know about Linda.

Zemus is a master magican but his skills mostly focused on that of telepathy and mind control.

#29 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:16 PM

How much is a description worth too you guys?

#30 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:19 PM

Well, if you gave that in the first post we wouldn't be here now. Try doing something like I did there, with little picture that links to their wiki, and a short descriptor.

#31 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:25 PM

Not worth much to me. I would rather see direct evidence: ie a video. Of course, for some of these games videos are hard to find, especially if they are pure game mechanics.

#32 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:45 PM

Also, and this is a big point... Where is this taking place? The Battlefield is important...

#33 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:09 PM

Also, even if Sephy could hit Linda's bullet with his sword and cut it in order to deflect it, there's still the fact that the bullet itself may fragment and hit him like a shotgun.

Just look at this video of a Katana (Similar style of sword) cutting various bullets. Notice that half of them shatter when hit by the sword and scatter shot the wall behind. Now just imagine a person behind that sword, getting that buckshot to the face...

#34 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:07 PM

Okay I took a few videos of Sephiroth fighting and I found him moving a meter and a half or at most two meters per a nano second when I look over the video nano second per nano second.

#35 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:37 PM

Okay I took a few videos of Sephiroth fighting and I found him moving a meter and a half or at most two meters per a nano second when I look over the video nano second per nano second.

Post this video. Because this sounds pretty hilarious to me. You do know that a nanosecond is a billionths of a second right? I doubt you have reflexes fast enought to catch measurements in nanoseconds.

In fact, what movies/DVDs capture nanosecond frame rates?

#36 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:13 PM

Post this video. Because this sounds pretty hilarious to me. You do know that a nanosecond is a billionths of a second right? I doubt you have reflexes fast enought to catch measurements in nanoseconds.

In fact, what movies/DVDs capture nanosecond frame rates?

Yeah I probally got the name wrong so what exactly is a sixth of a second called? I'm having trouble figuring it out how to upload it anyone think they can help?

#37 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:17 PM

Just post the link, and point out between what time and what time should we pay attention.

#38 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:20 PM

Just post the link, and point out between what time and what time should we pay attention.

Actually this is a recording of which I made on my game and I don't know how to upload due too the reason I never upload videos ever.

#39 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:46 PM

Argh, just tell us what game it is, during what battle, and we can find it on Youtube then.

#40 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:55 PM

Argh, just tell us what game it is, during what battle, and we can find it on Youtube then.

Actually this is a in-game recording of which I made kind of hard to find something that's not there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users