Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

The Last Sanctuary


  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

    Nuking the site from orbit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

He quickly spun around startled. He tried to look for whatever might be in the darkness with him, though, it just might be his mind playing tricks on him. Regardless, if he didn't see anything he'd continued carefully down the path.

#22 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

Garrett merely continued to stroll towards the goal. No traps for now, no interlopers, and no other obstacles were in the way. It was a perfect and quiet moment for the master thief. He continued sneaking until the goal is reached.

#23 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:23 AM

Alex grins, though she feels the runoff heat and sees the wall. On instinct she jumps back, she was close to the entrance anfter all. She tries to jump out and to the right of the entrance to get out of its way. If that worked, he'd scramble out of any potential path of the flame with intent to not get burnt to a crisp.

#24 OMFG

OMFG

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

Smiling, I took a sniff of the rough ocean smell. Smelled like home. Anyway, I continued into the cave.

#25 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

    Mercenary Captain

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,441 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The old fortress
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

Alex Pelt: Only one thing seemed to be out of place one of the statues seemed to have moved, it was not in the same spot as it had been

Garret: The hallway lead to a large chamber, as Garret entered the door would slam behind him, there were three doors ahead of him all closed, and the torches in the room would suddenly go out.

Alexandra: Flames burst from the entrance with a noxious sulfur smell, but they quickly faded away except for catching a few plants on fire around the entrance, it appeared that she was clear.

Cap'n bluebeard: Upon reaching the entrance the pirate would see two paths one went to the left the other to the right.

Henry: The explorer continued on, it was then that he heard a growling sound, "Who's there?" He demanded. He looked behind him to see some odd creature following him it was hunched over but it had a vaguely humanoid apperance with long claws on it's hands and it was shuffling towards him, He sighted down his carbine and fired.

#26 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:43 PM

Alex gives a sigh. Whoever made that was a bit on the sadistic side. SHe peered back inside. She looks to see if the mechanisim still looked like it worked. If it did she'd give it another shot. If not, she'd try to roll another rock over the mechanism to see if she had anything else to worry about.

#27 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

Just as the lights went out, Garrett had to rely on his other senses plus usage of the magic eye for his goals. The path must be visible. The shadows must to be Garrett's advantage. He relied on sound and touch for the sensory tracking. Knowing the booby traps, he noted that he must be careful.

#28 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

    Mercenary Captain

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,441 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The old fortress
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

Alexandra: The adventurer would find that the statue head was nothing more than a smoking hole, the way appered safe.

Garret: A cackling sound would be heard hear the thief as three large four legged shapes began to circle towards him.

#29 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

Garrett took out a throwing knife. His right hand had his cestus and he was ready to defend himself. The thief was ready to counter the first beast that lunges to him. The thief was ready to take life, though he attempted to be pragmatic. Somebody blew his cover.

#30 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

Alexandra: The adventurer would find that the statue head was nothing more than a smoking hole, the way appered safe.


Alex takes out her flashlight and flashes it down the corridor as she walks down the entrance wary of any more death traps.

#31 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

    Mercenary Captain

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,441 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The old fortress
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

Garret: The creatures had become a bit more visible they appeared to be hyenas but their eyes were a bright red, the three continued to circle him like sharks the one directly to his left would lunge suddenly the other two followed suite hitting the thief from the other angles.

Alexandra: The hall looked clear it lead directly to the left, into a tight corridor, oddd little slots ran along the walls to the end of the hall.

Henry: The shot struck the odd creature and it wailed in pain, Henry got a good look a tit it was like a caricature of a human, with a maw of sharp teeth. The creature kept advancing as Henry chambered another round and fired aiming for the chest area.

#32 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

Garrett took out his stiletto to stab an attacker. His cestus was hard enough to smash the jaws of one of the beasts. Mainly the thief was going for the weak points of the beasts. Killing monsters was no hassle for him mentally, it was that the thief needed to get to the objective.

#33 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

    Nuking the site from orbit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:00 AM

"Huh...I swore that statue was facing the other way. Might have been my imagination or...the fumes. I'll just carry on then." And as promised he kept on walking down the path. A bit more carefully then before.

#34 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

    Mercenary Captain

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,441 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The old fortress
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

Garret the pack would strike in unison, the cestus would connect with one of the creatures jaws, it spun away and yelped. The second went for the stiletto hand directly grabbing the theifs arm in it's jaws and attempting to drag the thief down by the arm the teeth diggging in the whole time. The third would launch itself into Garrets back trying to knock him down.

OOC: Good having you back Alex Pelt: As he continued down the hall he would hear the scraping sound again, louder this time.

Henry: The round took the creature full in the chest but it plodded on despite the gaping wound, and lunged for the explorer knocking him over, Henry tossed up his arm to shield his face as the thing tried to scratch his eyes out

#35 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

Alex stays completely still. She flashes her light at the slits to see if it was big enough for them to hold projectiles of any kind. She then glances around the pathway then downa t the floor for any button mechanisms or wires that cold trip any kind of trap.

"Im getting paid extra for this..." Alex grunts in annoyance.

#36 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

    Nuking the site from orbit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

Alex flinches when he hears the sound again. Though, he doesn't turn around. "It's just your mind playing tricks on you in the dark. Nothing to worry about, after all, you are nocturnal." He builds up his confidence and continues on his way.

#37 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

    Mercenary Captain

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,441 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The old fortress
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

Alexandra: She would see that the floor was tiled some were white others black the black tiles were slightly elevated compared to the white tiles.

Alex Pelt: As Alex is walking the scraping sound continues behind him getting louder and closer.

#38 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

Garret knew attacks to the back were more dangerous. A back hand strike to the second beast was his response to a pounce. As for the beast at his limb, he would strike with the cestus once the other has been taken care of. He needed to get to the goal.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users