Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

The Last Sanctuary


  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

    Mercenary Captain

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,441 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The old fortress
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

The outside of the temple was the same in all of the locations where an entrance could be found, stone masonry which was mostly reclaimed by nature, green Ivy and other shrubbery grew on the walls, as if the elements were trying to claim the temple for themselves.

Posted Image

Garret: The expert thief would find the temple entrance deep in the forest the entrance loomed before him, it was night and in the distance he could hear the howl of a wolf.

Alex Pelt: The cat would find himself in the jungle, the main entrance was overgrown but there was a spot just large enough for a cat to go through.

Alexandra: It was hot and humid in the Sout American jungle her guides had long since abandoned her, ahead of her lay the gaping temple entrance a dead trees roots draped around the doorway, despite nature and times ravages the entrance looked to be in good shape

Captain "Bluebeard" Jenkins: The sun had just set down when the pirate captain found himself at the entrance he could still hear the booming surf, plunder awaited.

Henry Wellington: The explorer could only marvel at the architecture it wa slike no other African culture he had seen, the wind howled and Henry thought he heard the distinct cackle of a hyena somewhere, he shuddered suddenly realizing he was alone being cut off from the rest of his expedition. He gripped the winchester to him and started forward.

OOC: I probably wont be able to update till Monday but please post whenever you can, and just so you know the temple is accesible from more than one time and place, just go with it.

#2 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

The thief, Garret, was sneaking across. He was attempting to steal what can be valuable in the temple. His methods as a sneak-thief was tried and true. Garret was confident in making money from thievery. He was smiling as he was ready to steal for the client.

#3 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

Alexandra gives a huge sigh at the sight of an entrance, she thought she would have to find a more "creative" way in. Saved her that trouble, but that was likely going to be the elast of her worries. Alex grabs the flashlight out of her pack before glancing around. She heard rumors and didn't want to have a swift end to her adventure.

"And so it begins." she says, provided things seemed safe enough. Alex would draw her machete and meticulously make her way to the entrance wary of god knows what her guide was scared of running into, clicking on the flashlight once she was close enough to be capable of seeing inside. Traps, beware signs, corpses, she had the gist of what to look for by this point.

#4 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

    Nuking the site from orbit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

"Well... that's convenient." Alex mutters to himself as he inspects the entrance. He didn't find nothing out of place, but he found it odd, that mother nature would be at his side. "I'll just check if there's any other way in, if those look even more conspicuous, I'll come back to this one."

With his plan set, he heads off to the side, looking for another way win. He's on high alert for the things that go bump in the night.

#5 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

    Mercenary Captain

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,441 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The old fortress
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

Garret: As the thief made his way in he found himself within the temple the stone floor had weeds growing out between cracks a second door lay in front of him.

Alexandra: The adventurer would see a chamber likewise overgrown like the entrance, the stone head of some fierce beast loomed over an archway which seemed to be leading somewhere else, she could smell a heavy sulpherous smell and would notice that the floor was blackened in places.

Alex Pelt: The cat would indeed find anothe rpossible entrance a stone block was almost broken in two a good shove would probably finnish the job and create a second entrance.

#6 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

    Nuking the site from orbit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

"Or bury me in rubble..." He thinks darkly, but shrugs. Alex was known as a risk taker, and he was adamant when he decides on something. He was at this deserted temple, after all. "No shame in trying," he said as he faces the wall. He pulls a lever on his hat, bring out to mechanical hands, places them on the stone wall and heaves.

#7 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

Garrett silently checked to see if the door was locked. If the door was indeed locked, he'd attempt to fashion lockpicks in an attempt to pick the locked door. A thief's best bet was in lockpicking. Garrett picked locks with even the most innocuous of materials. This should be no different.

#8 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

Alexandra looked over and frowns. Not cool at all.

"Oh hell no." she grunts, getting a very good idea of what this test was. Taking a careful step back out of the cave she reaches for a nearby rock. She tries to judge if there were any differences between the blackened ground and the clean areas. A stepping stone, tripwire, she knew something was up. If she didn't see anything, she would toss a rock at one of the blakcened areas to see if that activated anything.

#9 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

    Mercenary Captain

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,441 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The old fortress
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

Alex Pelt: The weakened stone gave way leaving a good sized hole for the cat to slip through, the rest of the wall held, Alex was free to enter.

Garret: The door seemed unlocked which the thief might find a little too convenient.

Alexandra: The blackened area only seemed to cover the archway. When she threw the stone the carved animal head suddenly belched out green fire which covered the ground the sulphur smell became stronger.

Henry: The explorerfound that a long hallway stretched before him, there was light coming from somewhere though it was very dim, ahead of him the floor began to look irregular some kind of sense warned him not to move any further. "Hmm." He said sticking the toe of his boot a bit further, the floor shuddered and then parts of it crumbled away.

#10 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:49 PM

Garrett mused to himself. Suspicious the door was. Normally people don't leave their doors open. This on the other hand seemed like a trap. He scanned the area for any traps possible and tapped into his magical eye to check if it is really the path he must go. The sneak-thief must not bungle his job up. The client would be more than just unhappy.

#11 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

"Clever..." Alex mutters to herself as she grabs for another rock. She would look for another section of path that wasnt blackened before rolling the rock down it to see if it set off the flamethrower.

#12 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

    Nuking the site from orbit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

His tail swished triumphantly. Alex was pretty proud of his invention, but he was still pretty weary. Regardless, Alex, steeled his nerves and carefully stepped in the hole.

#13 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

    Mercenary Captain

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,441 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The old fortress
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

Garret: The eye did indeed show that he was on the right path. However traps seemed to be well hidden.

Alexandra: The only option it seemed she had was to possibly use the timing of the flames to avoid getting burned.

Alex Pelt: Inside the cat would find a dark hallway though his keen eyes would have no trouble adjusting, to his right was a dead end to his left two statues stood guard along the walls which moved on deeper into the temple.

Henry: The floor fell away from the explorers boots he hastily fell back avoiding the nasty drop, "Hmm," He said as he took his rope out and looked for something to lasso on the other side.

#14 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

Garrett opened the door slowly to keep an eye out for traps and he tried being as quiet as possible. The master thief was familiar with traps. He consciously looked for trip wires and other potential mess-ups. He was sent to take something for his client. Now must be the time before anyone intervenes.

#15 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

    Nuking the site from orbit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:06 AM

Alex was pretty impressed, for an old ruin to still be standing like this. And those statues, the clear cut, masonry. He wondered what kind of people build this place. He gave a nice loud whistle, not only because he was amazed but to also see how far the hallway goes before proceeding or if anything else was in there with him.

#16 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

    Mercenary Captain

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,441 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The old fortress
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

Garret: As Garret opened the door there was the familar twang of a crossbow directly to his left.

Alex Pelt: Alex's whistle echoed off the walls, and then he heard something else whispering.

#17 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

Alex bites her lips. This would be tough to try and get right. She got an idea though. She backs up a bit before drawing her shotgun out of the pack. She loads some big 10 gauge slug before aiming the gun at dragon head. She backs up a bit more before trying to blast the dragon head with two solid core rounds. She would try to roll a rock at the same pressure sensor to see if the mechanism still worked. If it did she would try to time the blast.

#18 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

Garrett sensed the crossbow bolt and jumped back to dodge the bolt. After he used his agility to dodge the bolt, he would sneak to the door and to his path. The item must be there somewhere. Nobody will be in his way and the target for larceny will be for the taking.

#19 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

    Nuking the site from orbit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

His fur crawled, but that's the fun in these adventures, no? So he continued taking the path to the right, being weary of what might be upahead and the statues, he had a problem with those too a while back.

#20 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

    Mercenary Captain

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,441 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The old fortress
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

Alexandra: The blasts hit the head there wa a roaring sound as the shots seemed to damage the mechanism and a wall pof flame suddenly exploded from the wall and headed right for her spot by the entrance.

Garret: The nimble thief managed to avoid any serious injury as the bolt slammed into the opposite wall. He seemed clear for the moment

Alex Pelt: as the feline made his way down the hall passing the statues he heard a scraping noise behind him.

Henry: The explorer looked on satisfied as his lasso snagged a broken pillar, he leapt into the abyss then letting the rope swing himn across to the other side a few minutes of climbing and he was safely on the other side. Henry took a few breaths before getting back up.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users