#1 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

Now I just seen the movie and OMFG is it awesome. It is literally like a fraction behind the avengers. Both movies are the best out this year. Now I have only one small issue and thats when it comes to John Blake and who he REALLY is in the movie. Boooooooo they could have done it better in saying who it was. Didnt like that part. And the movie has many twists and turns. It got to a point where I was like Jesus how can he cone back form this? But all in all I give it a 9/10 and thats due to "John Blake" and "Catwoman". She (Anne Hathaway)was sexy in the movie but I kept seeing her as kinda out of character. Plus how many people in the damn movie knew his identity. I counted SEVEN people.

#2 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

HEY SPOILER ALERT WHATS UP!!!

I thought it was awesome how they revealed John Blake to be Robin. They made sure that it was an afterthought, instead of being important in the movie. Genius, if you ask me. Also, the people who knew Batman was Bruce Wayne were legitimate. Talia and Bane knew because of Ra's, Blake knew because he knew Wayne's history and knew a kindred soul. Lucius has known. The only one who woulda been a far stretch was the Comissioner because how was he supposed to remember what happened a good 20+ years ago?

It was way better than Avengers. Maybe it's because I wasn't a giant Avengers movie fan, but I think it was way better. It had an actual story. It wasn't a movie for comic book nerds/action fans to masturbate about. It was a real movie while Avengers was kinda like a cash cow.

#3 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

Way too drunk to care

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Doing butt naked cartwheels

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

SPOILER ALERT...KIND OF

I don't think the commissioner knowing was that much of a stretch. The man is amazing paying attention to detail. Putting a blanket around Bruce Wayne is memorable because of how well known his parents were. Great movie and I liked what they did with Robin as well.

#4 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

The thing i didnt like is that they should have used his name or abbreviations or something. And using the name John Blake first name Robin is CORNY. But it was ok. Or they could have said this is Detective.....And he jumps in like just call me Tim. Bane was great and the odds were soooooo stacked against him I was like damn they over did it a bit.lol

But the people who knew his identity was
Selena Kyle
Comissioner Gordon
Fox
Alfred
Blake
Talia
Bane

#5 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

The thing i didnt like is that they should have used his name or abbreviations or something. And using the name John Blake first name Robin is CORNY. But it was ok. Or they could have said this is Detective.....And he jumps in like just call me Tim. Bane was great and the odds were soooooo stacked against him I was like damn they over did it a bit.lol

But the people who knew his identity was
Selena Kyle
Comissioner Gordon
Fox
Alfred
Blake
Talia
Bane

I fail to see the problem in any of those people knowing who Batman is. Also, they were going for Dick Grayson Robin, not Tim Drake. I don't think Tim ever became a detective, while that's what Dick did in Bludhaven.

#6 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

Who i was just saying that was alot of people in the film who knew who he was. It was move of a "REALLY" moment.lol like all of the important characters knew who he was.lol its was just funny. also they could have do it a bit differently. Using his first name as Robin was just not as thought out as the rest of the movie. Say "oh your real name is Dick Grayson"lol Robin was just to upfront.

#7 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

Nolan was doing his own version of Robin for his Batman story. He didn't use Dick Grayon probably because of the bad rep the character had in film since Batman and Robin.

I don't think many people still realize yet Dark Knight Rises is the first superhero trilogy to have all 3 movies be very good. Not even Marvel as done that. To add to it one of their actors even got a Oscar.

#8 ThePhenomenalOne

ThePhenomenalOne

Way too drunk to care

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Doing butt naked cartwheels

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:55 PM

EDIT: ignore thought it said none.

#9 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

I thought it was way lame.

#10 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

The truthiness will set you free

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

I hated the inclusion of Talia because it made Bane so much less cool. I thought of him as this awesome criminal mastermind who was a mental and physical threat to Batman, when really it turns out he was working with someone else who probably thought of most of the plan. Bane still wrecked some shit, though. He was probably the coolest of the Batman villains in that series.

#11 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

Ooh, I'd say Harvey Dent by a long shot.

#12 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

The truthiness will set you free

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

It is literally like a fraction behind the avengers. Both movies are the best out this year.

Hold up. Why is the Avengers better?

#13 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

Better Villain.

#14 Magnamax

Magnamax

Don't feed him after midnight

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

Better Villain.

As in Loki > Bane?

#15 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

Pseudonym, either you are trolling, or you just had too many expectations for TDKR.

#16 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

Neither. Loki was a better antagonist for his team and their goals than Bane was for Batman. I really didn't think Bane was that good of a villain.

#17 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

Hold up. Why is the Avengers better?

The hype and the story. They preped for it for YEARS and also I didnt like the whole Taila was the actual leader thing, the "new robin" and the fact that robin knew his identity due to "the look on his face when he is out in public" bs.lol Horrible i say.

But when i say I think avengers as better it doesnt take away from how awesome TDKR is. my god it was great. its just the avengers movie story well better told than TDKR simply because they didnt have to change anything as they did in Batman.

#18 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

I didn't like either story. Avengers was the run of the mill "Save the world from an invader!" while TDKR was "STOP THE NUKE!". TDKR just had small things that worked wonders. Bane was a great villain for Batman as Batman had yet to find someone who could beat him physically. Someone who could also out think him.

#19 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:18 PM

Bane wasn't that good a villain. He could beat Batman physically. And that was it. Other than that, Talia did all the villain work. Bane's voice sounded silly and non-threatening as well. And in the end, how did they defeat Bane? Did Batman overcome him through determination? Did Batman take him out through intelligence?

No, Catwoman shot him and then he was dead. Pathetic.

#20 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

Bane's end was kinda lame and Talia coming in did take things away from him, but up until that moment, he was great. His voice wasn't intimidating, but he was great. His end could have been better, but everything before that was better than anything Loki ever did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users