Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Fallen Academy - Chapter 1


  • Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#41 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

    Aqualad

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

Icarus was wary when approaching Pagan, but hey, two angels have to have something in common. He taps her on the shoulder and points emphatically to the two cottages which smell like food. Then he rubs his stomach to indicate that he is hungry. Then he looks her in the eyes to indicate the severity of his feelings.

#42 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

"Quiet human, for I am not even one bit human, not like YOU. And sorceress, you have quite the nerve in denying a demon of my caliber a meal."

He thinks about the plain hut. Then Mr. Arctos realizes that the scent could be bait. The hut with heavy breathing potentially has prey. After he fully regenerated, he decided that the military hut seemed to be the base, from the smell of it. Thomas Arctos also wanted a fight to test his true mettle. It seemed like a good idea, but he realized that everyone else would try B. Some plant monster may be around, but prey seems nice to eat.

OOC: Choice B.

Edited by He who fights monsters, 15 July 2012 - 05:36 PM.


#43 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

The werebear and the half naked pro-wrestler wannabe leave off on their own; their loss I suppose. With the man on the floor slowly regaining his faculties I turn my attention to the much more obvious challenge before me.

The enormous man (woman?) with a body of flames taps me on the shoulder. I watch his miming. Hungry, are you saying you're hungry? Do you want to eat me? Why does everyone in this group want to eat me?

It eventually becomes obvious that he is indicating towards two of the small huts. Pleasant aromas escape them both, but distinctly unpleasant moans escape from one. This leads to a second query, what do the smells indicate? Perhaps food, perhaps a trap. The larger tent is most certainly a trap at any rate. Any benefit it might provide is that of extra firepower, and as guns are disdainful, provides me no interest. As for the plain hut, it may also be trapped, but at the very least it is completely empty, neither providing food or a trap.

So then of the two remaining, we must assume that the same smell issues forth from the identical sources, perhaps some sort of insidious Venus fly trap with nectarous berries. Or perhaps the rumors of Delilah Morgan returning from the grave were true. Most likely not, but there is little else to go on. I suppose that of the two, the one with the sounds of death would indicate that the trap has already been sprung on some other unsuspecting victim, and may no longer be potent. Or it may be stronger because of it. But there is no way to know without actually checking, and there is no point mulling over it forever. I sigh and look towards the giant flaming angel being.

"Yes, yes, I see."

I stroke the cat who has been oddly quiet about all this so far. Why he has a jet pack is beyond me, but I don't have time to unravel any more puzzles. I turn to Richter and the angel being.

"I feel I trust the second hut more then the first. The sounds of death comfort me,"

Oh that sounds positively diabolical Candace,

"You are by no means required to join, any of you, but admittedly I would never turn down the offer to be escorted by a gentleman. Mr. Richter, does our alliance still hold?”

#44 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

Richter turns as Pagan begins speaking. She now had a certain eloquency to her words. Or would hammy be a more prefferable term. Either way he was really starting to like her style, even if she was trying a bit hard. She was definitely channeling a bond villian; granted more towards Roger Moore era than Connery, but that was beside the point. He shakes his head when Pagan finishes, he caught most of what she said and dspite reservations a second opinion is always nice.

"Would love to Pagan, hasnt hurt me yet." he says quite honestly. He still had his opinion on the second hut but with backup he could think up something around it. "Second hut it is. It doesnt look so fortified so if nothing else we can probably handle a problem from the outside." he comments, waving around the AK while noting that the hut's materials likely werent anything special. Certainly no problem for a bolt of ightning or a longburst. "Yeah, we'll take it slow, when we open the door though lets make sure noone is directly in the doorway. If something is in there and its got tentacles or spikes I dont wanna be in its path. You use your keen eyes to figure out the contents and I'll shoot it if need be. We can likely go from there if somethings up. Sound like a plan?" he says, grinning as if that was his default face.

#45 Darkender

Darkender

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:53 PM

Jarrod was torn. He wasn't sure which hut to choose. Everybody was throwing around their own opinions, but he was still leaning towards the first... But the plain one looked much more of the safer bet. This, however, may have been what they wanted him to think. Decisions, decisions...

He vanished from sight.

Choice A

Edited by Darkender, 16 July 2012 - 04:44 PM.


#46 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

Candace nods. The winds begin to pick up.

"Sounds like a plan."

Choice B

#47 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

    The truthiness will set you free

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indiana

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

Donny smiled. With some people ahead of him, he confidently strode into the first hut.

Choice A

#48 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

    Nuking the site from orbit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:15 AM

Getting picked up was unexpected, especially after that very evil --over the top-- monolouge. A spy villain? But I thought it was a very nice touch for her to use me in the way she did. And I showed my appreciation by letting out a pleasant purr.

By now, you're probably wondering why the hell I would even try to sign-up for The Fallen. I mean, just look at me. I'm a cat, a cat with a death machine strapped to my back mind you, but still a cat. Could I really be part of The Fallen? Maybe, if I ended up making it to the end...But my main motivation is really, well, so I can find an owner. Yeah, I know, that's probably a very obscure thing for this kinda shindig, but I have to keep my promise.

Of course, I didn't really say that. I mean, I can, really, I can actually speak English, Russian, German, Spanish, and Japanese. Thanks to movies, but what came out was a few 'meows' here and there.

I would've given my own input for what hut to pick, though to be quite frank, the whole'lot of them sound like a deathtrap. Though they picked their choice, and I gave a nod of approval, mostly because I was still being carried. Heh, maybe I'll have an owner yet!

Option: B

#49 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:38 AM

Ricther nods before taking a tactical stance with the AK, he looked competent now at least. He glances over to the guy Pagan just saved.

"Hey buddy, when you're done laying around maybe ya could help us out here." he grunts before he starts heading over to the door. He gets close before stopping, following his own advice how to handle possible threats. Breaching wasn't always fun but hey he had backup. He hoped anyways.

Choice B

#50 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

    Aqualad

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

Icarus saw the woman he had tried to communicate with walk towards one of the huts with the food. He heard something from within though, like the breathing of some organism. Worried, he fired a bolt of God's wrath through the open door at the source of the noise. He knew he wouldn't miss. He never missed. Afterwards, he walked forward into the hut to see what had happened.

Choice B.

#51 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

    Hobbit

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The edge of vision
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

"Mmmm that was... Interesting." Apollo looked down at his ruffled coat, flexing his hands as he tested his faculties to make sure nothing vital had been lost in the fracas. Immediately glancing at his brother who, as usual, did not look much worse for wear even after taking what had appeared to be a few direct hits. The rest were... socializing around some of the more injured participants The Bear-thing was also looking quite maimed from the encounter with the turrets, as was overly garbed warlord who had last been seen vanishing, but none was more so than one of the more normal looking figures that had been with the group. He positively looked like a corpse walking. "Mmm perhaps they are deciding to slay the... Mmmm straggler. Weakest link. Survival of the fittest and all."

"Eh, let'em do what they bloody well want." Ramirez countered, shrugging with indifference. "We'll deal with'em when we gotta."

Apollo continued to watch. Watching as the gothy druid appeared for all the world as though she were going to finish the man. Many small hearts cheered inside of his carapace at the sight. But then she didn't follow through, in fact she appeared to heal him. He only just made out her small speech and was not entirely sure how he felt about the situation. On the one hand she seemed to be making allies. This was all well and good but to save someone that was, for all intents and purposes a rival, when you could have just as easily left them to die was counter intuitive.

He would have to keep many eyes on this woman. As well as on the Bear-Thing and the Warlord...

He turned back to his Brother. "Very interesting indeed."

#52 Updatedude

Updatedude

    Don't feed him after midnight

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

Ramirez seemed almost distracted. His eyes darting across each member of the group, even as he's ostensibly looking at the debacle happening with Pagan.

"Yeah yeah Apollo, very *vulgarity*in' interestin' indeed. Oi, did that bitch just do something stupid? What're the odds... a woman who dun't know any better."

Suddenly, that "almost distracted" air he had faded. Ramirez nodded slightly toward his brother.

"Well, shall we go dear o' brother o' mine? Which way shall we prey?"

#53 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

    Hobbit

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The edge of vision
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:21 PM

"Privacy, Brother. We must discuss things..." Apollo glanced at the groups all heading towards different huts and then looking at the fourth. He shifted in place, only just stopping the swarm from flying towards the sweet scents, at the same time he realized that no one else was moving in that direction and so he let himself go. A roiling cloud of insects humming loudly, just under the cacophonous droning his voice rose.

"Mmmm this way, yes? Privacy. Secrecy. Conspiracy."

Choice: D

#54 Updatedude

Updatedude

    Don't feed him after midnight

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

"*vulgarity*in' shit eatin' *vulgarity*in' traps. Yea' yea' o' *vulgarity**vulgarity*ing brother o' *vulgarity*ment of mine. Be right *vulgarity*amax with you."

Ramirez followed his brother into the seemingly empty hut, all the while grumbling at... something.

"Well, this better be *vulgarity*liciously *vulgarity*astic the *vulgarity* wanker top brass *vulgarity*pig tossers. *vulgarity*ment*vulgarity*."

Choice: D

#55 sirmethos

sirmethos

    A Man of the People

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

With a quick nod of thanks for the healing, Matthew gets up and slowly looks over the huts, once again considering his options.

With a deep breath, he makes his way to the first hut and cautiously nudges the door open, listening for sounds of life, and of any kind of attack, still on edge from the earlier attack, and ready to fight in case of one.

Choice: A

#56 treacherous

treacherous

    Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In front of the T.V. mostly
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

Chapter 2 - Huts of DOOM

Posted Image

Choice A – Tiger Balm? (Concussive Blast/ Area/ Superior)

Trace strode into the hut, invisible. It was a shoddy arrangement. There was a folding table in the center surrounded by several folding chairs. Upon the dry mud and grass packed walls were several maps. The table also had several documents on them. Trace began to look at one as Wendigo and Matthew entered next. Rothchild surveyed the area thoroughly. Quite the reverse, Wendigo began sniffing around for anything edible. He accidently stumbles into a cloaked Trace. Trace shoves back, becoming visible again. “Watch where you’re going?” he says, slinking away still looking through the documents. “Project: Black Circle.” Rothchild says, as he spies over Trace’s shoulder. They look at each other queerly. “Confidential: Property of Sergeant Harv…”

Before Rothchild could finish, Wendigo shouts, “Tiger Balm!” Rothchild cocks an eyeball in his direction while stashing away the document and perusing through a nearby chest. “What?” Trace says. Wendigo turns and shows off a container he found in the corner. It has a note on it: A gift of Tiger B---. The second word is scratched out. “That’s nice. Now what the hell do we do with Tiger Balm?” Wendigo asks holding up the ointment. “What is Tiger Balm; some kind of healing ointment maybe?” Trace returns. Rothchild and Wendigo eye each other in confusion. Wendigo begins to rub the ointment into his skin. “Where’s Rothchild?” Trace asks, looking around. Both of their heads shoot in every direction, searching. A call from outside alerts them, “BOMB!” Rothchild shouts from outside the hut. “What?” Wendigo screams back. “The note, it says tiger bomb.” Wendigo laughs. “He’s a nut.” He laughs again and then notices Trace’s mouth hanging open. In the corner on a desk is a small Tiger Figurine. On its neck is a collar. On the collar is a red jewel. The jewel is beeping with a red light. “Bomb.” Trace whispers, “It’s a Tiger Bomb.” Wendigo drops the balm to the floor.

The hut explodes.

Rothchild survives unscathed due to Superior Mind, Standard Tactician. Wendigo receives 40% Damage. Trace receives 40% damage (Standard Armor absorbs 20% Damage).

Wendigo – Health: Good, HP: +9
Trace – Health: Very Good, HP: +9
Rothchild – Health: Okay, HP: +9


Choice B – Saw Challenge (Poison/ Superior)

A bolt of God’s Wrath bristled with magnified energy through the air towards the open entrance of the hut. With a flash, it found a target. A loud bellowing shrill mingles with the sound of the muffled explosion of energy meeting something soft. Pagan, Arctos, Sprinkles and Richter the Spook peer back at the wingless aggressor. He looks back and shrugs. Suddenly, a large cat-like beast leaps from the doorway. It tackles Richter and roars in his face. Immediately it is assailed from all sides by the group. It hisses as its body, covered with a thick heavy skin, is assaulted. There is a feint sound like a whistle from the forest, barely audible. The beast swivels its head in the direction. It turns and leaps away into the deep wilderness. “Well…” Richter says, dusting himself off. “That takes care of that.”

“I believe that takes care of our challenge.” Richter suggests. “Perhaps.” Pagan replies. “Enough talking.” Arctos interrupts. There is still a delicious smell in that hut and I mean to devour it.” He walks in and the rest follow cautiously.

As they enter, the first thing to hit them is the intermingled smell of burning flesh and exotic fruit. For those unacquainted, it was just a rotten smell. For some in this group however, burning flesh was not to unfamiliar. There was a folding table in the center of the hut, several folding chairs, one of which was overturned. A smoldering body lay at its side. Surgical tools lay beside him. There was a nice size banquet that was also half burned. The dead body had apparently been helping his self. He wore a doctor’s smock. Flames licked the cloth. Next to him was a large dog bowl with a half eaten piece of meat within. “You killed that tiger-thing’s owner.” Pagan said, looking towards Icarus. He shrugged again. Before anyone could respond, the sound of mastication overwhelmed their ears. Arctos was helping himself to the food on the table. The others followed suit quickly.

Within minutes, Arctos, Icarus and Pagan slump in their seats. Richter stops eating and looks at them with wild eyes. Pagan’s face is covered with sweat. Arctos growls as he struggles to transform to no avail. Icarus merely grimaces tightly in pain. “What happened? What…” He and Pagan speak at the same time, “Poison.” Pagan however says it in a pained whisper. “How ironic.” She sighs and coughs weakly. Richter had seen the effects enough; he immediately jumps from his seat. “We need an antidote!” He shouts to the kitten, mostly concerned for Pagan. Seeing the futility in this, he rushes to the fallen man lying on the floor, searching his body. Sprinkles whisks around the room frantically in response, also searching for anything.

Nothing.

Suddenly Sprinkles races to Richter’s leg and nudges it rapidly. Looking down, the Spook notices a cluster of notes in the mouth of the cat. He takes them and looks them over. One is a detailed series on surgical instructions on minimally invasive surgery. “Strange.” He says and tosses the paper to the floor. The next paper is a comprehensive sketch of some local flora. The notations enlighten Richter of its properties and instructions on how to mix it into an edible substance. It is the antidote. “This is it!” He shouts. “The plant must be in the vicinity.” Suddenly, there is a massive explosive sound from outside.

Summation

Due to Icarus’ attack, the guy in the hut was killed. He was a member of the Fallen. An ex-doctor, current psycho: his specialty, death games. He was going to play a little game with the group. He had poisoned a few of the plates of food. He had also placed the antidote in at least one of the plates. Whoever lived or was the least effected would’ve had to make the decision to cut open at least one body in order to get the antidote. He would’ve given that person the instructions on how to make a safe incision and seal the wound. That would’ve saved the victim’s lives, but left one person with a serious stomach injury weakening their Health. The person who did it, could either do this or use the other note (The one with the plant on it). Since the first option was ruined by Icarus, there is only one other option.


Sprinkles and Richter, currently your comrades are in a comatose state. Normally, Pagan’s healing would’ve worked, but as Poison works, her mind attribute is fried. This will wear off in about two rounds, but if an antidote isn’t found, they will all lose about a fourth of their Health. You have a choice.

A: Do you choose to save your comrades (Note: Choosing to look for the plant will put you behind the rest of the group)?
B: Do you choose to carry on while they recover on their own (Allowing them to lose 25% of their Health and putting them behind the rest of the group)?

Pagan – Health: Perfect (for now), HP: +7
Dr. Arctos – Health: Good (for now), HP: +7
Sprinkles – Health: Perfect, HP: +7
Richter the Spook – Health: Perfect, HP +7
Icarus – Health: Good (for now), HP: +7

Choice C – Nothing in this room

The Artificial Reaper and Blood King enter an empty hut. They leave and see Rotchild come running from the militarized hut. They watch as he yells something about a bomb. Then the hut explodes as the figures of Trace and Wendigo come flying out, landing in the dirt.

The Artificial Reaper – No change in stats
Blood King – No change in stats

Choice D – Health Room

The Dosaz Brothers enter into a room with a small box of military food rations and a few useless supplies. It is some sort of makeshift supply room. They sit, rest, eat (+10% Health) and discuss their next move. There is an explosion outside.

Apocrita – Health: Perfect, Exp: +3
Chelsea Red – Health: Very Good, Exp +3

After you guys gather yourself, here is the next set of choices.

A – Continue following the path. The mechanical sounds are gone, but you notice that the footprints from the military hut head in this direction and then mysterious disappear at the foot of the woods.

B – The hunt for the plant. Sprinkles and Richter, this is for you if you choose to help your friends. If anybody else wishes to you join you that is fine too.

C – Head in the direction of the tiger-creature. You could’ve sworn you heard someone whistle for that cat. I'll kick his arse and get directions.

D – Head in a completely different direction. Screw that other stuff. I’m going into these woods over here. They seem safe.

#57 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

    Hobbit

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The edge of vision
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

Apollo stepped out of the hut and into chaos. The haze of smoke from the explosion and the smoldering remains of the burning hut filled the air with the stench of cordite. In the clearing people were moving, some in a panic and others with a dull lethargy that comes from sudden trauma. He did not pay them much attention at the moment. He turned and gazed back at his brother and gave a wry smile.

"Perhaps our planning comes to... mmm Absence. Void. Naught. Treachery is our friend here, no? Come brother, see what has been wrought."

#58 bigballerju

bigballerju

    The Last Son of Krypton

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hollywood, Florida
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

Blood King had seen the first tent exploded and smirked to himself. He wondered whether those fools still thought partnering up and being in a group was still a good idea. Blood King hoped some of them were injuried or better yet dead. However he knew better as those idiots he had to give it to them seemed to have a knack for surviving. Although his tent had nothing he figured it was better then walking straight into a trap which up until now he had avoided. He was curious on what the others had walked into in the second tent and the house. Then he changed his mind and focused on himself. He left his tent and walked to the paths that awaited him. Blood King folded his arms and once again would have to make sure he choose the right one. On one he saw footsteps from the miltary hut which right away he crossed that one off after seeing what happened to the others with the bomb. Another path was where some creature he knew for sure awaited him and the next was into the woods elsewhere. More then likely the woods had a similar fate awaiting him like the creature where he would have to do battle. It was now just a decision of the lesser of two evils. Blood King thought about his choices as he went over them.

#59 Darkender

Darkender

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

He rolled as he crashed into the jungle's brush, smothering any flames that clung to him.

"I can't seem to stay out of trouble on this island." He said as he watched the flames burn where the hut once stood. After a headcount he realized that everyone had survived the explosion, relatively okay. He was indifferent to their well-being but nade a point to know where everyone was at. These were villains after all.

The rest of the group slowly made their way out of their respective huts.

#60 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

    The truthiness will set you free

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indiana

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

"I've made better decisions..." Donny joked to himself, winded, as he brought himself up from the ground. His ears still rang from the blast as he stumbled to his feet. He popped his neck from side to side and stretched his limbs, recovering slowly. After a brief moment, he looked at the paths ahead of him.

"Hm..." He thought out loud, "Someone didn't want to be followed." He pointed towards the trail of footprints leading out of what used to be the first hut. He thought for a brief moment. "I say we follow him."

With that, he took off after the footprints
Choice A




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users