#21 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

Note: There was a ton of coin flippin' and dice rolling for this. Everything was left up to chance. Every move that was made was decided by the die and the coin. AlsoI'm sorry FloodTalon, but I already had everything up and going before you joined. I didn't get a chance to close the sign ups because I was having personal thingies going on. I have to drop you. Sorry again.

Choice A: 8 Gun Turrets Attack (Piercing Attack: Superior/ Multi - Hyper-Senses: Standard)

1st round
Icarus and Mr. Arctos walk in first tripping a wire trap. The trap is set unknowingly as rest of the group begin to enter.

2nd round
Mr. Arctos immediately smells the cold metal devices lying in wait (Hyper Senses). He transforms instinctively (Transformation) before the gun turrets rise from the thick underbrush. The rest of the group step into the path as the turrets rise. Pagan realizes it’s a trap (Detective) and holds back. As Pagan has allied with Richter the Spook, she holds him back as well. Sprinkles is not so successful (Danger Sense fails) and enters with the rest of the group.

3rd round
Mr. Arctos being the first to respond to the attack destroys a turret. The rest of the turrets open fire at two in the party (Trace and Rothchild). Trace uses invisibility. It succeeds for two rounds. He is unharmed. Five shots are fired at Rothchild (100% Damage). He is fatally wounded.

4th round
Four members of the party return fire. Trace is first. He uses martial arts. He destroys one turret. Sprinkles attacks three and destroys three. Apocrita uses Inhibit Senses on one turret. Turret is temporarily blinded. Chelsea Red uses Berserker. He destroys the turret.

5th round
3 Turrets return fire at five of the party (Apocrita, Mr. Arctos, Chelsea Red, Sprinkles and Icarus). Nine shots are fired. Four shots are fired at Apocrita (10% Damage). One shot is fired at Chelsea Red. Berserker increases Agility (Superior). Evades some of the shot (20% Damage). Three shots are fired at Mr. Arctos. Berserker increases Agility (Supreme). Evades one full shot. Hit by two. Regeneration heals some of the shots (40% Damage). Last shot is fired at Icarus. Icarus takes full shot (60% Damage).

Six members of the party return fire. Trace is first. Trace uses Piercing Weapon. Trace destroys one turret. Icarus attacks using Eldritch Energy. He destroys one turret. Mr. Arctos attacks using Berserker. He destroys last turret.

Pagan – Health: Perfect, Exp: +3 out of 9
Icarus - Health: Good, Exp: +7 out of 9
Sprinkles – Health: Perfect, Exp: +7 out of 9
Apocrita – Health: Very Good, Exp: +7 out of 9
Richter the Spook - Perfect: +3 out of 9
Matthew Rothchild - Critically Injured: 0, Exp: 9 out of 9
Chelsea Red – Health: Very Good, Exp: +7 out of 9
Mr. Arctos – Health: Good, Exp: +7 out of 9
Trace – Health: Perfect: +7 out of 9

Choice B: Power up!

Wendigo enters jungle. Mice scatter between his feet. Within the jungle, he sees what disturbed them: a strange pack of dog-sized lizards. He attacks and eats one (Body +2 for one round). The rest scamper away into the underbrush at his arrival. Wendigo continues on through the thick landscape unhindered.

Health: Perfect, Exp +3 out of 9

The Artificial Reaper enters the jungle. He sees Wendigo eating one of the dog-lizards. He attacks and eats one as well (Body +2 for one round). He continues on through the landscape.

Health: Perfect, Exp +3 out of 9

Choice C: Project: Black Circle

Blood King teleports into the sky. He glances forward to get a straight line of sight and readies to teleport again. Between blinks, he notices a glowing figure coming at him quicker than imagination can comprehend.

Next, he finds himself lying with his back in a deep crater in the jungle, formed from his impact with the Earth. He gasps for air that won’t come and his whole body feels as if a collapsing building fell upon him. An enormous shadow looms over him: his cape flapping in the wind. The mysterious voice echoes from seemingly everywhere.

“Uh oh, you just met one of our aerial defenses. I suggest you stay down until he leaves.”

The figure then disappears into the air as fast as a flicker of light, leaving an indignant and gravely injured Blood King with a strange burning bruise on his chest.

60% Damage (Forcefield deflected 20% of damage).
Health: Okay, 9 out of 9.

The group that encountered the turrets continues on forward on the pathway until they run into an open clearing. There are four native jungle huts. There seems to be no danger ahead. Matthew Rothchild stumbles forward, near death. He falls forward and collapses (See below +). Several others walk over or around him towards the hut. Soon after, the others who took the woods stumble into the area. Last comes the Blood King. They all go near the huts.

Your choices

A: This hut is the largest. It looks lived in. It has a worn pathway to it. There are footprints coming and going. Strange, there is a military style campaign hat at the entrance?

B: This hut seems dilapidated and old. There sounds like something is breathing heavily within. However, there is a pleasant aroma coming from within.

C: This hut is plain. Nothing too out of the ordinary here.

D: Also a pleasant smell coming from this house. No breathing?

(+) Special Choice for Pagan: Before you go into a hut, you can choose to heal any one character in the group if you want. How this affects you? Who knows?

Note: You may all RP within any point in these scenarios. As long as you eventually make a choice.

#22 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

The truthiness will set you free

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

"Hmmm..." Donny stumbled upon a large group of people gathered in an opening in the jungle, one of them collapsed on the floor. "Looks like an easy kill..." He thought, probably to himself. He was curious what happened, but not enough to ask. Looks like they've been through some tough stuff.

Donny looked at the four huts in the clearing. The first one seemed nice. Large, looked empty. The second one was much more problematic. He could hear breathing, and there was a sweet scent about it. That was never good. That's how plants lure in bugs. Smell, crunch, die. Same with the fourth hut. The third hut was boring and plain. He didn't inspect it much, but didn't think he had to.

"First thing's first," He thought to himself, "Find out why limpy's on the ground."

"What'd I miss?" He asked, smiling to show his jagged teeth

#23 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

Blood King held his chest where the burnt mark was as he stumbled forward and caught himself. He grasped for air as his body ache from the attack. It seemed the Fallen weren't lying when they said the whole island was covered. Blood King looked to the others who didn't look any better and looked like they had been through hell themselves. Thank god his force field and body had been powerful enough to survive such an attack. From here on out he had to be careful.

Blood King looked to see the group passing the one called Matthew as he looked badly injuried and near death. Blood King walked over to Matthew and looked down in joy that one had fallen already it seemed. He smiled a evil grin as Matthew was about to die. The more people that died the higher his chances were at becoming a Fallen. Blood King looked to Matthew on the ground and spoke.

" Death comes only for the weak. The strong always survive. Your death will be one without honor. "

Blood King turned to Donny who was also interested in Matthew as well it seemed.

" Hopefully this one's death will come now. Maybe something should speed it up."

#24 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

Richer continued down the path just ahead of Pagan as pointman until they reached the huts. He stops just as one poor bashard drops from a serious case of lead poisoning. He grimaced a bit before shaking his head, first aid was not Fighters specialty not much he could do. He did turn to pagan though.

"Oh, hey I neglected to say but thanks for saving me from waltzing into that clusterf*ck back there, I was right about you having keen eyes." Richer says actually sounding genuinely grateful. Everything happened so fast, the only thing he managed was dragging himself and Pagan into cover. Getting shot sucks. With that he starts to look over the huts. He grunts in disapproval, in his mind huts meant one of three angry natives, insurgents, or enemy soldiers and at any rate he was taking bets what was most likely. Richter looks over each hut to try and gauge which option would be the least dangerous for the little lass to enter. When he is done he nods at Pagan, whatever she was doing.

"I'd say we search one of these but I'm not happy picking any. First one might be fortified, maybe even booby trapped. Definite risk reward factor, someone is using it for something. I don't even wanna know what's in the second hut, from my professional opinion though either something nasty or some poor son of a pitch. The third one over there...i dunno, not liking the normal look, I'm calling bobby trapped.

#25 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

"The fight I had was fun, human." He was referring to the Blood King. He also saw the dying Matthew Rothschild. "The dying one is appetizing." Anyone trying to object to him would receive taunts of, "Piss off, lamb shank!" Mr. Arctos' grin resembled that of a bear's. As the time passed, the werebear took a breather and regenerated for less than a minute, making what wounds he received more bearable. Before going into one of the huts, deliberation ensued over which one to enter. The plain one was too boring, and the one with the pleasant smells started to be an appetizer to him. Thomas Arctos went to the dying man in order to finish him off and eat him. Mr. Arctos would regenerate during eating the man, as he transformed to consume the flesh. If nobody would stop Mr. Arctos, Matthew Rothschild is dinner.

OOC: I'll make a decision once everyone starts to do so.

#26 Sincere Poet

Sincere Poet

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

Kimblee emerged from the brush glancing over at the other initiates. He noticed two things, the man on the ground, lying in agony as death crept over his glazed over eyes. Being an Artificial Reaper, he had seen this many times, wanting to finish what was to inevitably come. The second, was the odd sense of teamwork and friendship among these so called 'villains.' Kimblee thought to himself.

'This is a competition, pitting the most ruthless and violent individuals in the world against one another, I don't understand. This is puzzling me and frankly I find it quite pathetic, in any case, the next trial is ahead of me. The two huts with that aroma, I can't stand the scents. They don't smell of blood or death, and I'm beginning to get a headache, and that other hut seems to have some sort of inhabitants within. I'd like to keep away from large crowds and rely on myself through these trials, the nice guy act can't last forever in this place, and someone is bound to turn on one another. There isn't anything special about this last one, it seems to be the perfect fit for me. Onward.'

Kimblee had made up his mind. He brushed past the others ignoring whatever it was they were saying. The only thing he was worried about, was getting into the Fallen Academy, to find purpose in his meaningless existence. Before anyone had made up their minds, he had already vanished into the plain hut...

Choice : C

#27 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

"Oh, hey I neglected to say but thanks for saving me from waltzing into that clusterf*ck back there, I was right about you having keen eyes."

"Why thank you Mr. Richter, I always relish the occasional compliment from well armed men." I say.

Actually I don't. My eyes are nice I suppose, but possibly not my best feature. Though that is most likely not what he meant anyway.

He begins to go on about the huts. I don't give much input, but I don't have much to say either. A hut is a hut. In addition, the dying man struggling at my heel is somewhat hard to ignore. The Sentinels were not exactly very specific on what I should do regarding my so-called teammates. They never told me to kill them or allow them to die; but they never explicitly forbade it either. My handler's only retort on the matter was somewhat trite.

"Officially the Sentinels forbid killing... but you aren't going to be official are you?"

Very helpful as usual. I suppose reason must be my answer.

Argument: Killing is immoral. Counter-argument: Killing an evil person is not immoral, if it saves innocent lives. This man is a chosen recruit for the Fallen and must therefore be evil, and would in the future help the Fallen kill innocents. Rebuttal: He does not pose an immediate danger to innocents, and it is not moral to kill him based on what he might hypothetically do. Counter-rebuttal: You would not be killing him, he chose all the actions in his life which lead to this moment, and therefore killed himself.

Second Argument: Saving his life could endear him to you in the future, benefiting you. Counter Argument: Healing him would use up some of your magic; in addition he is a member of the Fallen, and will most likely stab you in the back, or possibly betray you through some less mundane method as stabbing.

Hmmm, I need more time to think about this. I turn to Richter

"Take your time, perhaps if we wait long enough the others will fight while we watch. It worked once...."

#28 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

Well that was fun, already getting some action. I got three -count them- of those gun placements! Though, that was honestly a close call. I'm surprised my instincts didn't pick up on the turrets, then again rotary anti-infantry gatling guns are not really my natural predator, now are they?

I looked around, tail swishing, noting that some are hurt, some are with out a scratch(including me) and some are missing. Did I pass that couple? I then looked towards the guy that got the worse of it, and I wince. I seen roadkill that looked better then he did right now, poor guy.

My ear turns towards the brush we came out of, my eyes follow. I see the couple that was not in the mess a few moments ago. Whoa, how did I miss them? Are they magic? Is it luck? Or is it something else? Whatever it is I want some of that.

So beyond my better judgement, I skip towards them. I slowly weave and fro through their legs, nudging up against them.I pur and coo, playing up some kitty love. Please don't kick me!

#29 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

"Sorcerer, allow me to eat this guy." Mr. Arctos was referring to Pagan. The werebear wanted to eat human flesh. He was hungry and nobody gets between him and a meal.

#30 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

Blood King nodded as he looked to see Thomas getting ready to finish off Matthew as he spoke.

" Good whoever you are put this man out his misery. One less person for all of us to worry about. What is their to think about? Surely you understand only a few can be taken in as the Fallen. Right now there are no allies here. Finish this man off."

Blood King turned away and looked to the huts leaving Matthew's fate to the others. If they killed him they are smart and if not they are stupid thought Blood King. Either way he had no allies here and was determined to become a Fallen at any cost. Now as far as the huts are concerned its clear the first and third huts have danger awaiting anybody stupid enough to enter. Obviously there were beings still using the first who were prepared and the third seems too safe. Its a choice between the house and second tent. Blood thought slowly about his choices as he looked to see whether Matthew would be killed.

#31 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

Blood King flaps his gums too much. He's a fool, honestly. Everyone is thinking that, yes, but he shouldn't say it. Everyone'll turn on him in a heartbeat. Pretending to make friends is the key.

"Quite blunt, Deathy." Donny turns to the king mockingly. "Not much of a friendly guy, huh?"

#32 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

Richter nods and more or less stops speaking aloud, though he does go through every option in detail. Didn't want lady luck to wuss out on us now. Just as he wondered what the girl was thinking about herself(why else would she not pay attention to a lifr-and-dath decision) when he feels a nudge and looks down. A cat, how cute he thinks. ANd it had a little napsack.

"Hey there little guy, who do you belong to?" he grunts, hoping it wasnt some nutjobs idea of an IED. He's seen worse enough to believe that. Around that time he hears Blood king and Arctos speak, the latter directly to Pagan.

"Well, some people definitely are wary of competition eh?" he says jokingly towards Pagan. "Between you and me, regardless if we can save that guy I dont wanna let mr. cannibal get away with a free meal...whose to say he wont suggest the eat option if one of us sprains our ankle or somethin'. At the end of the day some of us will be on a team, we gotta draw thew line somewhere for these non-team players." he says in his usual tone yet also managing to convey a completely serious tone. Again, he had experience with this kinda thing. As for which hut to enter, all in all he was leaning towards one of the cabins that werent so subtle in danger, overt trouble could be shot easier.

#33 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

Jarrod wiped his blade against his jeans. That was the last time he'd follow the crowd. He didn't much like being in the middle of the action and rather be watching from behind the scenes if possible. He knows he would have never ran into such a trap if he was alone. Luckly, he made it out of the situation unscathed. He did not like this group thing very much at all, but he was stuck with them and he planned on leaving this island.

They eventually came to huts and Matthew dropped to the ground. His first thought was to help, but he quickly moved the thought from his mind. This was a competition after all and he'd doubt anybody would do the same for him. The others argued over what to do with him. Someone even suggested eating him. He was glad someone else also looked down on the idea.

Jarrod idly listened to them conversate as his eyes fell upon the huts. He didn't much trust worn paths anymore.

#34 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

"Sorcerer, allow me to eat this guy." Mr. Arctos was referring to Pagan. The werebear wanted to eat human flesh. He was hungry and nobody gets between him and a meal.

"A. Sorceress, thank you very much. And B, I'm still thinking about it..."

There was something furry by my leg. Well isn't he cute? I scratch the little kitty behind the ear. I like cats, very mellow, reflective, low maintenance, very witch friendly. I don't know if it puts me in a better mood, or if I just happen to decide right that moment, but I think I've come to my conclusion.

I put my boot down on the poor man's esophagus. I can hear weak breathing beneath my heel.

"Hcaerhtial rismia hcan sahbna..."

I curse his already weakened body, only enough to taunt, not enough to kill.

"Does this hurt? I bet it probably does. But that's not why I'm doing it; I'm doing this to you now to prove a point. Not just for you, but for everyone. To teach you all... not-to-*vulgarity*-with-me... I can take, and I can give...anbhás nach An Aimsir Láithreach."

The spell reverses, healing what was wounded an exiling death, if only temporarily. He would live, for now.

"Do not take this as a sign of pity, or weakness. Nor is this a gift. I can take back what I give, and I expect you to pay back your debt. Do not fail me, you would not live long enough to regret that decision..."

I remove my boot from his throat. I attempt to scoop up the animal swerving between my legs so I can do some evil cat stroking. God, I'm good at doing the bad girl routine...

#35 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

Sirmethos lives.

Health: 50%

#36 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

Blood King shook his head at the stupidity around him at the others who seemed to not have fully grasped yet how serious of a competition his was. They seemed to not realize yet only a few would survive to be a Fallen and the rest would be dead. If thats their choices then so be it he thought. He for one would not make the same mistakes.

" If you all are so weak that you need to pretend to be friends then so be it. These good hearted morals are for the petty, weak, and for beings who sadly like to play hero. I suggest you all realize that only a few will be alive to be Fallen and the rest will be dead. I suggest you all learn it now before its too late."

You all will deeply regret not killing this man. I will laugh when if he were to succeed and those of you who wanted him alive would die. It would make me happy if he were to be the death of some of you.

Blood King walked away as he went to the huts to make his choice. This time he would be careful and make sure he was on alert. Blood King looked between the the second hut and the house. King looked to the house with interest. Maybe he would find something of value in the house. If anything were to attack he would have to rely on his strong body and force field from his power to survive. Then again the third hut had no smell. The other 3 tents with a smell could be a trap. With that in mind Blood King marched toward the third tent

Choice: C

#37 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

Icarus looks back and forth between the four straw huts. Two of them had enticing aromas stewing from the entrances and Icarus did feel his stomach rumbling. His girlfriend had promised that they would go get food after they visited her church. They were walking out the door, when they'd had the argument. She was already half an hour late and he figured that stopping to eat wouldn't make them much later. She said he couldn't understand religion. Him, the son of a god. The irony made Icarus stew. He was about to yell at her but she walked out the door. The sound of her nice church boots stomping away was the last thing Icarus remembered from before he waking up in New Eden.

He was hungry.

#38 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

Richter was still mulling everything over when he heard Pagan speak. He figures she's gonna crush the bastard's throat but instead she begins to speak some magical gibberish. Oh she's a healer he thinks to himself. He chose well when it came to allies, he wasn't used to that though it was oddly nice to know. He then listens over to her threat, which was very good he had to admit. He was usually a bad judge of character. Once she was done, she picks up the cat.

"Excellent and noted." Richter says aloud as he readies his AK, just in case anyone took this the bad way or wanted to get physical. "Sorry dude, no food for you." he says before giving off a shit eating grin when he hears blood king. "What a dick." he mutters before looking over the huts. "I'm thinking the fortified one if we're gonna have backup." he says cheerily.

#39 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

"Limpy's back" Donny was a bit disappointed, but figured it wouldn't hurt him too much. He'd just have to be careful.

Donny couldn't help but think of how much of an idiot Blood King was being, but that was for another time. He's gone now, so there's nothing he could do about it. "The first hut may be trouble, but I don't like any of the others..." He thinks out loud. "I think we should go in as a group." He paused. Was he being stupid? Proposing that they work together might be a good way to get himself killed, but he didn't know if he could get to the end alone. Besides, there was a healer in the group who seemed willing to help. He turned to the others and smiled. "Anyone wanna go first?"

#40 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

"Perhaps... Perhaps, this is a headquaters of some sort." Jarrod said making himself seen, referring to the first hut.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users