Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Fallen Academy - Chapter 1


  • Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#1 treacherous

treacherous

    Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In front of the T.V. mostly
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

The Rules

This will be a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure style RP. You basically will be given a series of choices throughout the adventure in chapters. You pick one choice between the multiple choices you will be given. This choice and your level of stats and powers will decide how you fair throughout. Each choice will move you closer to the Fallen Fortress. Each wrong move will hold you back or worse, get you killed. That’s right. Death is a major factor. There are things that can kill you/ will kill you or will cause you to suffer for the entirety of your trek until is kills you at the doorstep of the Fallen Entrance. Try to avoid those choices. Once the game commences, you may Role Play your character after every choice is given by the Game master (me). You may Role Play as long as you’d like, however if you linger too long, I may find ways to kill you to move along progress. Once you’ve finished Role Playing a chapter, place your answer at the end of your post. Also, once you've made a choice, please do not Role Play anymore until I post the next chapter.

Example Post:

The Burning Knife Head Man looks around the area; he punches several of the other villains to prove he is the head of the household and the alpha male, just like he learned in prison. Then, he struts off into the woods to meet his destiny like the cock of the walk.

Choice: A.

You will be given 100 Health Points (HP) and start with 25 Experience Points (Exp). Your HP can dwindle or grow depending on the encounters you have. If it reaches zero, you die. Your Exp will rise after every choice. The more challenging the choice that you make and overcome, the better your consideration for Fallen membership will be. Any character with healing or regeneration is allowed to use it whenever they wish. However, using this power will decrease your Exp. Points. Healing may also be used on your fellows. Same rules apply. The top four (or five) characters with the highest HP and Exp will make up the new Fallen Team. So, enjoy and good luck.

Chapter 1 – Welcome to the Jungle

Posted Image


You wake up with sand in your mouth/ your hair/ in between crevices of your body you didn’t know existed. Waves wash fresh, salt water down your throat. You realize at this point that perhaps you should get your head off the ground. It seems that, your eyes have been closed for quite some time as you adjust to the cloudless tropical sunlight.

Tropical?

Last you remember you were in an alley/a bar/your car/your home/your office/ anywhere but an island. How did you get to an island? What island? Who could’ve done this to you without feeling the full fury of your might? Who indeed. You rise from the sandy shore of the beach to survey your surroundings. Several shady characters are also coming to their senses around you. You recognize few/you don’t recognize any of them/You really don’t care who they are/you are ready to rip their heads off if they are behind this abduction. They return glares/Take defensive postures/immediately accuse everyone around/survey their surroundings too. Directly ahead, there is a dark and looming jungle. The strangest sounds you’ve ever heard in your life come from its depths. They are horrid. You look to the sea; there is nothing within eyesight, but endless water. Far, far in the distance, you see a massive dome-like structure. It is hazy, but visible enough for you to comprehend its shape. Finally, you glance upwards as something within you feels as if it's being watched. You were correct. There is a man-like shape far off in the sky.

You can only make out his silhouette, but even at this faraway distance, his size is massive. There is a strange glowing aura around him. He is wearing a cape that flaps in the wind. Perhaps he is a Sentinel/Angel of Mercy/your arch-enemy. As soon as you take in the sight/begin to tell the others/prepare to shoot the intruder down, he is gone in a blink of an eye. Now your guard is up. Before anyone can muster a word; a loud voice booms from the outlying woods.

“Hello associates of the Fallen.” The voice echoes. “We of the council of the Fallen realize it has been ages since we’ve made our presence known. For that, we apologize.” Hostile mutterings can be heard amongst the crowd. “As you know, plotting a world-wide takeover takes time. It is not something that any man of intelligence rushes into. As such, we appreciate all that you have done in our service and all that you will do.” At this time shouts of disruption/ threatening displays of power/angry intimidations/demanding questions begin to come from the crowd.

“Hush now, Fallen children, all will be answered in due time. We realize your time is precious, as is ours, so we will try not to waste it.” The voice calmly states over the intercom. “Now to get to the point, you all have been chosen.” A hush spreads over the grouping. “It is time, my colleagues. It is time that the Fallen make their presence known once again. It is time to shake the world to its core.” A supportive rumble comes from the crowd. “We of the Fallen council would like to welcome to New Eden to participate in that endeavor.” The villains/criminals/fallen heroes cheer. “We realize that our island is rather…well…impossible to find. You are the sum of a very prestigious few that has ever traversed its shores.” The grouping mumbles in an pleased accord. “With that said, very many of you will never leave.” Again, dead silence as the crowd looks on in confusion. The voice over the loudspeaker becomes darker in tone. “That’s right, my friends. You didn’t think we were just going to let you waltz your way into our home and proclaim a throne, did you?” The voice laughs amid another hostile outburst from the crowd.

“Listen and listen closely. We need an elite guard, a shock troop, a veritable strike force for what is to come. We need the best of the best. But first, you must make it to us…alive. Look into the distance, above the trees. Do you see the dome-shaped form there?” There are affirmative mumbles. “That is the Fallen headquarters.” The grouping observes it silently. “Make it here alive and those of you who do will be considered for a very important task.”

“…and what if we choose not to?” A voice cries out.

“Yeah! What If we choose to leave now?” Another says.

More supportive voices explode from the audience. The voice from the loudspeaker laughs. “You may leave if you choose. If you have the ability to fly across the sea and navigate the oceans, however know that New Eden has strange effects on any navigational devices or senses you may have. Our island isn’t exactly noticeable, to say the very least.”

“…and what’s in it for us?” another voice cries out. The voice laughs again.

“Well your life of course.” Mutterings follow the claim. “My guests, I cannot make this more simple. You are on an untraceable island in the middle of nowhere. You will have to survive in the most mysterious and most dangerous jungle in the known world. There is no escape, there is no mercy and there is only one hope – make it to our fortress alive. Believe us when we say that this planet has a reckoning coming. The Fallen will usher in a revolution unlike any the world has seen. We want you to be at the forefront. Meet us in our fortress and anything you wish, will be provided. The world will be your oyster. Now, let’s not dawdle. Trust us when we tell you that you do not want to be out here when night falls. Remember ladies and gentlemen, this is not an alliance; this is a race against death. And it starts NOW!”

Your choices


A. Noticeable in the distance is a clear entrance and pathway into the thick jungle. There is a very audible humming coming from the brush, as if from something mechanical. Strange sound coming from such a rustic place. Sign of humanity?

B. I don’t care about those wild creature’s noises. I’ll forge straight ahead directly into the undergrowth before me. Let no man, beast or thing come between me and destiny. Wait? Why are those mice racing away from the thickets?

C. I can fly/teleport/wall climb/leap very high/ get into the air somehow, I’ll use that to find out what lies ahead or perhaps go over these menacing woods.

D. Hmm, the water looks pleasant enough. Perhaps, I’ll just jump in and swim to the other side. Easy Peasy.

#2 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

    Aqualad

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

Being in the Fallen is about pain. It's about destruction. It's about getting what you want and that's what Icarus was here for. New Eden? They called the place. Huh, the original Eden had been designed in part by Daedalus. Icarus was ready to bring a whole new level of damnation to New Eden.

He got up and dusted himself off. He remembered back to the first time he had washed ashore with no memory of how he got there. The pain and anger of having been struck by his father came back to him again. Frustrated, he stormed off down the path.

A

#3 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

The seemingly human Mr. Arctos still had his sense of smell even in human form. He smelled the air, noting that the thickets have a bigger threat. He was in no position for the hunt. After cleaning himself up, he sensed that the safer path is where his would-be allies would be waiting. The Fallen soon may have a hunter by their side. One with both man and beast in him.

Choice A.

#4 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

    The truthiness will set you free

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indiana

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

Donny looks around at the strange island, unsure what to make of it. He stands up and considers his situation, unsure exactly what to do. He's much more used to manipulating people than he is to being caught, but he'll just have to improvise his way through this. And this first decision was easy in his mind.

So many other people... Donny popped his jaw from side to side and made his way straightforward. He liked fighting animals more that people. Their minds were so simple...

Choice B

#5 bigballerju

bigballerju

    The Last Son of Krypton

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hollywood, Florida
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

The Blood King had heard every word the voice had told him as he had kept to himself. It seemed a power beyond what he knew had taken him from where he last was and dropped him on this mysterious island. His first reaction had been one of anger at the way he was treated but once he heard about the Fallen his attention had been captured. More power is what he wanted and striking fear to the many around the world was something that would delight him most. It seemed this Fallen would allow him to show the world why he was the greatest warrior on the planet and what true evil really is. Blood King moved forward with one goal in mind. Win at any cost.

C

#6 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

So, this is what the Fallen are like? We were all transported onto a beach by a clandestine evil organization, meet each other for the first time, and then, nothing. You all just want to silently march off into the jungle without even acknowledging the people around you, asking for help, or try to work together. No wonder you’re all evil, you have no social skills.

However this leaves me a predicament. Speaking out would help me get a better grasp of whom I have been surrounded by, but playing the silent, evil, loner card would help me fit in better. I suppose it would be best to live first ask questions later…

Let’s see. I could try and whip up a tornado to lift me above the forest cover and look around… except of course I couldn’t see out of the tornado, and lets be honest, I probably wouldn’t be able to actually fly in a tornado anyway, I’d just get blown away.

I could try and calm the waves of the ocean by killing off the wind… but then I’d still be stuck in the middle of the ocean. Swimming around an island I could just as easy walk through.

I could walk through the middle of the jungle… no, that’s just plain stupid.

Or I could follow down the road towards the ominous humming having no idea where it’s going. Great. What options...

#7 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

"Yeah, this is gonna suck." Richter grunts as he overlooks his options. It's been awhile since he had survival training. Islands weren't exactly on the regiment either. At least whoever knocked him out and left him didn't strip him of his equipment. He dusts himself off, paying noone attention unless they seeemd to want to cause trouble. Richter dusts himself off before readying his rifle. He glances around and already sees several individuals walk off. He sees both options involve waltzing into the forest much to his dismay. There didn't seem to be any real waya round that. Seeing one girl smart enough to actually mull over this life or death decision. He attempts to wave her down, maybe she wouldn't mind temporary alliances, from his experience those tended to work-ish.

"Hey there, you seem smart....f*cked up scenario aside, what do you think about our choices here? I'm Richter by the way." he says, holstering the rifle.

#8 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

"You can call me Pagan," I respond, "As for our choices, we seem somewhat limited. I don't assume you could get a better view by flying above the canopy? I'd do it myself but the wings don't actually do anything... My honest first choice is to simply follow the path ahead. Its obviousness assures that there is a likely ambush or trap laid ahead, but luckily those other two went ahead first so whatever there is should hopefully kill them first so we can get a glimpse at whatever it is."

Excellent. Congratulations, you made a friend. Also, the "I hope the others got killed" comment probably helped sell the bad girl routine.

#9 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

Richter smirks.

"Sorry mam, my skills involve using firearms not flying. You appear to be perceptive, and Id be inclined to agree with ya on all points too." he comments non chalantly. "Question is where to enter, but I got a proposition. You keep an eye out as we go through, so will I and if something comes our way, you point it out and Ill shoot the hell out of it." he says flashing a grin. "Dont worry,Im not much for double cross...personal pet peeve."

#10 deojusto

deojusto

    I am One with the Ferret.

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

"Oh I assure you Mr. Richter, you have plenty of reasons to not double cross me"

Black clouds roll in over the previously sunny beach. Lightning streaks the sky. This would have been a perfect time to cackle loudly, but that would probably have been overkill. Instead I pull my hood up and unleash a sick smile.

"Lead the way..."

Choice A

#11 Darkender

Darkender

    Believes Han shot first

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:19 PM

Jarrod awoke to the ominous voice startled. He immediately vanished from sight and reached for his blade. It was almost a knee jerk reaction..

After finding his blade he stood silently, dusting himself off and listening to the voice while eyeing the others that occupied the shore. It was an odd bunch.

He didn’t fit in very well, not that he ever really did. He decided to stay out of sight.

As the voice finished its monologue several others ran into the clear path of the forest, flew over it, or oddly ran towards the menacing noise coming from the wilds.

He began to follow wherever most of the people went when he noticed two stragglers had started a conversion. He stood by idle and listened in.

Their names were Pagan and Richter. They seemed like a friendly couple, but he learned long ago that looks could be deceiving. He watched silently and waited to follow the two. He didn’t plan on dying on this island, not alone anyway.

Choice A.

#12 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

    A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Fe Springs,CA
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

Richter look up as the sky turns violent. Calmly looking back down to Pagan he nods in approval at what she can do before speaking. "Shway". With that, he chambers a round in his rifle before appearing to caress it like a brother. He was very familiar with what he was holding, Kalashnikov series aka a beloved AK-47 variant Reliable to a tee and a big enough caliber to kill most pesky things, he got this from experience as much as reputaton. He hugs the rifle tight before turning to enter through the pathway. he gives a slight nod.

"One thing" he says, stopping a bit. "Be careful with that stuff while were in there. I'd hate if you accidentially had a lightning bolt set fire to the jungle while we're still in it. Now then, watch my back, and a bit of the sides. Ill do the same." he says, once more giving a shit eating grin before moving forward. One advantage he saw was that anything coming from the front would likely be noticable, one less spot to worry about. Though that wasn't much and one can't be too careful, that mechanical noise could very easily be bad news. He waits a few seconds, letting others get a move on before walking forward into the jungle.

Choice A

#13 sirmethos

sirmethos

    A Man of the People

  • CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

Matthew looked around at the others, "Interesting looking group, at least it seems the Fallen will provide an actual challenge, and a large one at that. Unlike the usual gangs run by mental midgets."

Then looked at the surroundings, surveying his options, "Neither the pathway, nor the jungle itself seems like a good idea, that humming is likely some sort of defense system, on the other hand, the jungle itself sounds like an even worse idea... Oh well, the lesser evil and all that."

With that final thought, he started making his way down the pathway, keeping his senses open for any kind of attack.



Option A

#14 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

    Nuking the site from orbit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:21 AM

I listened to the options as I cleaned myself. Using my claws like a make shift comb, really digging into my fur. It's was tougher then I thought, but I got most of it out.

I then saw and overheard some people thinking this thing through, unlike the others that already went gung ho and what not.

I'm not really the type to pick my own posions, but I did had the idea of either flying over or give myself an option E. Which was basically dig my way to the fortress. But, I quickly threw those ideas away, mostly because I'm sure they would have some kind of air-defence grid and or underground landminds. Afterall there was a reason why this island is untracable, and I frankly don't wanna find out why personally.

I then saw that couple moving into the forest, and I thought, why not? I then shook off some more sand before I pitter pattered my way behind them.

Choice: A

#15 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

    Hobbit

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The edge of vision
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:03 AM

Apollo picked himself up from the sandy beach not as a normal man would but by disassembling himself into a cloud of insects and then reforming as a standing figure, negating the need to brush sand from his coat. He stared at the assemblage of figures around him for a long, silent moment before looking back down at his brother who remained laying on his back in the wet silt, water lapping at his boots.

"What do you think, Ramirez? Mmmmmm? These people are quite... forceful. But they are seeking..." He paused, head tilting to the right as a buzz lifted from under his coat to briefly fill the air "debris? No. Survivors. Would they make the right answer that obvious? That free?"

One hand outstretched to the tattooed figure. "Do you wish help up or shall I begin to build a sand castle in your mmmm Honor?"

#16 Sincere Poet

Sincere Poet

    Cannon Fodder

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

The Fallen will usher in a revolution unlike any the world has seen. We want you to be at the forefront.

This was the last thing Kimblee heard, and the only thing that needed to be said from the Voice. “So this is my new purpose?” Kimblee smirked under the hood he never removed. The shadows and tendrils around him seemed to come to life with excitement. He could feel the shadows within his blood start to boil with anticipation. “I will…No...I MUST, kill for the fallen.” With new found purpose in mind, Kimblee rushed into the jungle as those that remained watched as he walked straight, cutting the wildlife that crossed him, trees and all. Shortly after, he disappeared, becoming one with the shadow, ready to face anything that crosses him, for he wouldn't be stopped if it meant he had reason to kill again.

The Reaper in search of his new master, was ready to kill in the name of the fallen. Even if that meant he must kill the opposition...

Choice B

#17 Updatedude

Updatedude

    Don't feed him after midnight

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

Ramirez finally roused himself and did a kipped up. The desolation of the sand castle seemed to mildly annoy his brother, not that anyone noticed.

"Oy Apollo, who're these tossers around us again?"

Apollo filled him in, to which, Ramirez shrugged.

"Looks like the unclean masses are heading through the path most traveled brother o' mine. This bein' a slice o' Eden, God's beasts abound. But you know me, I trust a beast over a human any day. But I've got to admit, there are more meat shields if we go the path of potential civilization. I'll differ to you lil' brother. All this pro'ing and con'ing's givin' me a bloody headache."

#18 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

    Hobbit

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The edge of vision
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

"Fair enough. Mmmm let us follow the consensus..." Apollo hummed as he slapped sand from his palms while looking disdainfully at the toppled towers of Castle Dosaz. "No, crowd. Go with the crowd. Both options are fret with danger but I do not like the water at all and do not trust the air of this place so would not wish to risk taking wing."

He turned and watched as the disparate groups made their way towards the obviously mechanical sounds and the worn path through the jungle. His gaze drifting to the tangle of flora as a few of the others forged into the bush. Then he looked up at the clear sky and then back at the water, many eyes finally returning to his brother. "Let alone risk leaving you behind. Yes, the crowd seems to be the best wager. They are, as you say, many tossers and it may prove useful to maintain closer proximity to the swarm... herd... crowd."

Approximating a smile as he turned on his foot, sand barely disturbed as he walked towards the path ahead, already teaming with those who went ahead. "Come, brother."

Choice: A

#19 Floodtalon

Floodtalon

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

"Well then lets do it. Following the crowd seems the way to go!" Biohazard said with a cheery grin while at the same time analyzing everyone in case he needed to take them out.

"Hmmm it seems as if an alliance with Apollo would be suitable but at the same time he appears weak. I'll follow him and take the path."

Choice: A

#20 Updatedude

Updatedude

    Don't feed him after midnight

  • FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:54 PM

Ramirez shrugged. He followed his brother.

Choice: A




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users