113 replies to this topic

#101 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:43 PM

If you watched the video, you would probably agree with that statement. I swear it is worse than anything I've seen before. Strange thing is that so few people know about it. The Germans got all the attention for their acts in Europe and everyone seems to have forgotten exactly how cruel the Japanese were.

I wonder if it was due to America being hostile to the Communist Chinese immediately after WW2 ended. I mean 10 years later we were actually fighting their troops in Korea, it would make sense that they would not show any propaganda that would cause pity towards the Chinese.

The link is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

iqH47MIpuoA

I'm warning you, this is disturbing as hell. Even the Taliban look mild compared to some of the stuff they do. This is the depths of which humans are possible of achieving when they 1. See an enemy as sub-human and 2. Carry out any act they are capable of with no pity or sympathy.

I think the point is that to call an atrocity, no matter how small or how large in comparison to others, anything other than an atrocity is heartless and ignorant.

#102 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

Alright. Fair enough. I just hope you aren't calling the American internments an 'atrocity', if so please look up that word's definition.

#103 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

Hmmm......... you obviously didn't watch it.

That is like saying, "Stabbing people is no worse than slapping them - it is STILL painful!"

I'm growing tired of this subject. Any FOOL can see the acts are NOTHING alike, not even slightly close in comparison. FYI an atrocity is something that is unspeakably horrible... putting someone in a camp may be racist, it may be unfair and they might lose their house because of it. Still, not in the same ballpark as the truly disgusting acts of unchecked evil that have been done in history. That video shows one of the worst I might add.

Sooooo when you say "it makes Hiroshima and Nagaski look like heroic acts" or whatever you said, you're saying that they aren't unspeakably horrible? I'm not sure about you, but bombing the shit out of that many people, I tend to say it's unspeakably horrible. Also, your metaphor of "stabbing isn't the same as slapping" is a bit off. I prefer "killing a bunch of people is the same as killing a bunch of people".

#104 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

See above.

#105 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

Atrocity= the state of being atrocious.
Atrocious= extremely or shockingly wicked, cruel, or brutal: an atrocious crime.

Thank you Dictionary.com

So basically what you're saying the imprisonment of hundreds of innocent people for no reason other than their ancestry...is not a crime? Wish I lived in your fantasy world.

#106 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

Atrocity= the state of being atrocious.
Atrocious= extremely or shockingly wicked, cruel, or brutal: an atrocious crime.

Thank you Dictionary.com

So basically what you're saying the imprisonment of hundreds of innocent people for no reason other than their ancestry...is not a crime? Wish I lived in your fantasy world.

Re-read it. Crime. No, the government ordered it, it doesn't fall under any war crime and we won anyways, so who would try us?

Second, please please watch that 40 min video and compare the two. Hundreds of people imprisoned =/= hundreds of thousands sickeningly tortured for nothing less than the amusement, 'troop morale' and satisfaction of inhuman sadism.

Let me put it plainly. ..................EDITED, (don't want to be banned for posted sick tortures) out was one of the many 'atrocities' commited in Nanking during 1937-38 period. Just the thought of the act is probably shocking and disturbing... it certainly is to write.

Imprisoning hundreds (it was actually more I believe) does not bring that shock to discuss. If I told someone 'we imprisoned hundreds of Japanese-American citizens for no other crime than being Japanese!' They might say, 'Wow, that is pretty bad!' The earlier act would probably have a much stronger response, that's why it is an atrocity... it is unbelievably bad. It is... "extremely or shockingly wicked, cruel, or brutal: an atrocious crime."

#107 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

Oh, whoa look at that. The government ordered it? Didn't the German government order same thing with Jews? Yeah, both are atrocities. One is just much more of an atrocity. Just because it doesn't seem like one in comparison, doesn't make it not one.

For an analogy, humans would call both a mouse and an ant small. Now, because the ant is much smaller than the mouse, doesn't mean the mouse isn't small.

As for who tried us...we did. You know, when the President apologized and the government pays millions in damages?

#108 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

An Atrocity makes you sick to watch. I could watch someone in prison with no problem at all. Just watching that video almost makes me sick... imagine in person? Big difference.

Repeat, imprisoning people is not an atrocity.

Were they tortured in prison? No.
Were they experimented on medically, sans anesthesia in the vein of Josef Mengele? No.
Were they lined up and shot in mass, or used as bayonette practice? No.

Verdict: Not an atrocity. Ask anyone with any idea on the subject and they will tell you it is not. We are rumored to have massacred captured soldiers before, that might qualify, however the internment camps do not.

#109 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

"Many internees lost irreplaceable personal property due to the restrictions on what could be taken into the camps. These losses were compounded by theft and destruction of items placed in governmental storage. A number of persons died or suffered for lack of medical care, and several were killed by sentries."

#110 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

"An Atrocity makes you sick to watch."

Huh... By that definition, there are atrocities going on in the U.S. in modern day. Try watching the documentary called Jesus Camp.

#111 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:14 AM

Time to end this once and for all. We call this a 'coup de grace'.

http://news.yahoo.co...-193025148.html

Posted Image

#112 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

False sense of causality. Some gun control legislation gets passed every year, to assume that gun control contributing ensuing tragedies is ignorant at best. To say that the tragedies would have been averted by arming the population has no basis and is horribly misleading at best.

#113 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

Correlation is not causation.

#114 Darxeth

Darxeth

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members