6 replies to this topic

#1 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

Short Sentinel Fic. I tried to keep it under 500 words but it didn't happen like that. Happy AMERICA everybody.
---
“What happened to us, man? We never hang out anymore.” CC was standing in the lobby of Sentinels Tower. He had just caught his friend Will Fairweather in between missions.

“I’m just kinda busy, nowadays, CC. I have a lot of work to do with the Alphas. Khazan’s been getting crazier lately and we have to keep it level. A lot of people need to see me out there.”

“Yeah, and I’m one of them. Do you even know what day it is?” CC could see the flicker of recognition cross Will’s face as he realized the date. He had forgotten. “You know what? Forget it, man. Go be the Shining Sentinel. Sell a bunch of action figures or whatever. I’m going home.”

“No.” Will grabbed CC by the shoulders and looked him in the eyes. “Look, I did forget, but I’m going to make it up to you. Meet me here at ten o’ clock tonight.”

Before CC could respond, Will turned and left.

9:00 that day, CC sat at home thinking about his friendship with Will. Was it really worth it being the friend of someone so famous? CC had been pushed aside for the sake of Khazan so many times, and it wasn’t as if the other six Alpha Sentinels couldn’t probably handle it. CC was willing to bail on his team, how come Will couldn’t sneak out so the two of them could go fishing? He seriously considered not going to meet Will. Let him feel left out for once.

CC settled in for a night of watching TV and feeling bad. He grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. As he did he noticed his Steel Will action figure that he kept on top of the TV set. The pose was humble and meek. The figurine’s head was down and the smile was genuine. It reminded him of the old Will. Will Fairweather, back when they were both in high school.

CC grabbed his coat and headed out to the Sentinel Tower. Will was waiting in the lobby with two coolers. When he saw CC, he greeted him genuinely and the two of them walked outside to the back of the tower.

“This is what you have for me? Soda?” CC asked. He was disappointed. It wasn’t enough.

“Wait here.” Will said. He flew away up into the blackness of the night leaving CC confused. Will came back seconds later and wordlessly grabbed CC around the waist and flew up. They landed together on top of Sentinel Tower.

“Are we allowed to be up here?” CC asked.

“I don’t know.”

Will reached into the cooler and grabbed a can. He held the can out to CC and said, “You have to hit this, okay?”

CC nodded, half understanding. Will chucked the can out into the night and CC fired an off balance concussive lance. “Oh shit, I missed, I wasn’t ready.”

Will went dove to retrieve the can before it landed. He flew back up with it and said to CC, “Again. Hit this.”

Will threw the can out away from the tower and CC punched through the air. The can erupted in a spout of beautiful colours. Red, blue, and purple streamed away from the point of impact.

“You made fireworks?” CC asked
“Yup.”

“What did you do with all the soda?”

“I spent all day collecting empty cans. Happy Birthday, CC.”

CC smiled despite himself. “Thanks.” He looked up into the sky. “Throw another one, make it really high.”

#2 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

Cool. Its nice to see these two do stuff outside of matches. I'm always interested in how exactly 'heroes' spend their free time and keep personal relationships.

#3 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

Pseudo, you excel in the none fighty stuff.

#4 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

I guess that means I have to get better at the fighty stuff.

#5 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

I guess that means I have to get better at the fighty stuff.

Icarus v Pagan? Loser's wings get ripped off?, heh kidding (mostly)

#6 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

How's about we play Good Angel, Bad Angel on someone's shoulders? (Wait, that might actually be a really good idea.)

#7 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

Pseudo, you excel in the none fighty stuff.

Winston is a great example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users