#41 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

I yell in triumph as I get the program operational. Then. Everything. Slowwwsss. Dooowwwwnnnnn.

I survey the completely wrecked lab, everything moving so slow it's almost in slow motion. I analyze target vectors. The leader, from the coordinating attacks, is already screwed, so I dedicate a shot to his left leg, 84% chance of hitting. A couple shots to the weapon to help Roxy out, 65% chance of hitting. The rest of the shots to the assault soldier, to the head. 75% chance of hitting. Execute.

Even the leader couldn't take sustained fire from multiple sources. As Will's and Pizza's respective onslaughts rip through his torso armor, a shot from Maxwell, in conjunction with Lance's knee sweep, causes the leader to kneel down as Lance's super sledge slams into his head, execution style. The leader's head simply explodes as brain matter and eyeballs spray everywhere.

Roxy's deflection worked, but the grenadier quickly lashes out at Roxy's hand with his other hand, causing Roxy to lose her grip and preventing her from guiding the grenadier into a lock. The grenadier preps for another attempt with the Zap Glove when 3 laser shots in conjunction, courtesy of Maxwell, fry the Zap Glove, causing an electrical feedback which results in muscle spasms in the grenadier, although he was still alive.

As the Assault Dragoon aims down his sight at Yusef, who was already moving into cover, a shot from the Tesla-Beaton fires into his head, causing him to fall to the ground behind cover. He was still alive.

The Pistol Dragoon was also still alive.

#42 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

Roxy feels him slip away. She readies to try and intercept the next strike however Franks' intervention is quite welcomed. From her back position she instinctively gives a big kick to try and knock him on his back. She just needed breathing room and if she got it, she'd get to her feet and bring up the shotgun from it's strap. Then Roxy, now determined to not let this guy try another attack, would attempt to press the barrel right up under the chinese operative's chin before opening fire at point blank range.

#43 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

The kick worked, and the Dragoon gets the wind knocked out of him. However, he recovers remarkably fast [[courtesy of an Endurance stat of 10]], and flips back up again in time to deflect Roxy's gun barrel with his left hand. He would then attempt to follow up with a hard strike to the soft neck area of Roxy's armor with his right hand.

#44 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

Yusef attempts to find a way to flush out the enemies. Maxwell called him out using explosives, so incendiaries would have to do. He threw an incendiary grenade to light the enemies on fire.

#45 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

Seeing the target go down, Will quickly moved his laser pistols to fire on the pistol dragoon, and shouts with an audible grin "Pizza, introduce this guy to Rita will you?".

#46 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

The Assault Rifle Dragoon rolls out of cover, grabs the incendiary, then throws it in the air above Will and Pizza, he shoots it with unerring accuracy while it's in the air, causing the grenade to explode and rain down flaming pieces of ignited thermite, burning in the thousands of degrees celsius.

#47 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

The grenade was a distraction when he fetched the plasma pistol and attempted to shoot at the assault rifle dragoon. In spite of Yusef and his raving insanity, he knew preserving his own life. He saw choke points to take cover in from the fire. Yusef had more explosives and explosives were his preferred weapon.

#48 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

Roxy feels him move quick, she underestimated him but tat would be a scolding for later if she survived this encounter. As she feels him redirect the gunbarrel she doesn't provide any resistance, releasing her grip on the shotgun. If he just intended to swat the weapon away then it would end up near her hip due to the weapon strap but if he tkept his grip on the barrel he now was holding a deadweight shotgun and she didn't intend to let him use that to any advantage. She didn't need the HuD to tell her about his incoming fist, but it helped. She raises her now free left arm to intercept his right and meet force with force, smashing the incoming arm back with full power. Simultaniously as she did that, her left arm shot out as fast and as strong as she could muster in a spear hand strike at the soft spot in his armor much like he intended, the image of her CO crushing a metal cabinet with ease was something along the lines of what she hoped for, intent to crush the man's throat with the tips of her armored fingers.

#49 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

The Dragoon cried out as his wrist basically splintered into pieces from the sheer force of the power armor strike. Amazingly, even with the pain from the previous bullets, the shock, and his wrist splintering, he was still going. swiftly turning to the side to avoid Roxy's strike, and attempting to deliver a hard side-kick to Roxy's knee, another relatively soft point. He was getting desperate in his efforts to even slightly damage Roxy inside her what seemed to be impenetrable power armor. The desperation lent speed and strength to his attacks, but he was getting sloppy as his confidence plummeted. [[enemy suffers -10 to Unarmed skill, enemy gains +1 to Strength and Agility]]

#50 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:12 AM

It takes a good portion of Roxy's training to ignore and not wince at the primal sound one makes when a bone breaks severely. Nonthless she was still found herself angry at herself that he was capable of dodging the strikes she dished out. Her knee buckles as he connects with the kick and brings her down to a knee. Roxy grits her teeth, once more falling on insticts to steer the suit to a proper counter. Roxy attempts to recover and launch a counter elbow strike at the dragoon's damaged chestplate with all her might yet again, assuming he was still in range. If this worked in knocking him back or stunning him, Roxy would try to get to her feet and close the distance before delivering a coup de grace in the form of putting her whole into a boxing hook aimed toward the side of the man's neck in hopes of finally putting him down.

#51 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

Pizza is momentarily blinded by the grenade's brilliant explosion. They'd all been trained to take out such blasts on the armor, and even the visor was heavily protected against flash, but the close proximity still got to him. He'd still heard Will's suggestion and, when he finally chased away the stars in his vision he scanned the area and found his target. He raised Rita but paused, the Dragoon was currently in hand to hand combat, one wrong shot here-a guarantee with a gatling laser-and he'd hit Roxy.

#52 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

OOC: I hope Hamataroblazex posts soon, the pistol dragoon is kind of in a stasis on top of Rose right now.

The dragoon literally goes flying from the elbow strike. He gets thrown 20 feet until he hits the roof and slams on the ground with a thud. Of course, this meant he was out of range of Roxy's hook. Despite the incredible flight, he still struggles to get up. He has 2 plasma grenades in each hand, enough to blow anyone in a 30 feet radius sky high. "中國萬歲!" He yells, before his body glows orange and begins to disintegrate to a pile of ash, courtesy of multiple shots with 2 Tri-Beam laser rifles and a Tesla-Beaton.

I grinned. Roxy managed to get that old bastard clear of her (although I never really doubted she would)- opening the Dragoon up for fire. I'd been waiting for the opportunity, so as soon as he yelled that phrase, I fired with all 3 of my weapons, disintegrating the bastard in orange flame. A bunch of shots missed, since I'm mediocre at Energy Weapons. I've been trying to get Yusef to play with some high grade energy weapons, since he's the best at them out of all of us, but all he wants to use are explosives, so I mainly relied on Pizza for the task. The hell? What's that in the middle of the pile of ash? I peer closely. Plasma mines, 3 of them. The bastard had them implanted in his torso. "YUSEF! GET THOSE MINES OFFLINE! NOW!!!"

Meanwhile, the assault dragoon was still active. And true to the Chinese warrior code, even though it was 7 highly trained individuals in near indestructible armor against 2 Chinese soldiers, he absolutely refused to give up. Figuring he could take down at least one of them before he died, he fired a burst at Pizza's weapon, each of the bullets going in a different hole in the Gatling Laser, rendering it temporarily nonfunctional. Not only was the Assault Dragoon damned good in the first place, he was jacked up on Slasher, Steady, and Turbo. The mix of drugs was extremely deadly, but then again, he probably didn't expect to make it out of this mission alive.

#53 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

Yusef, using his expertise and perception, attempted to disarm the mines as quickly as possible. However, if the Chinese gave him trouble, he'd use his plasma pistol against the attackers. The mad bomber was surprisingly good at plasma weapons, though it did not match his style. He did as commanded.

#54 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

Blinded by the flash of the incendiary grenade, Will wildly jumps towards the nearest cover, rolling as he lands to put out any possible flames, "Sonovabitch!", blinking the stars out of his vision, he opens fire on the grenade thrower. "What'll it take for these f*ckers to f*cking die?!"

#55 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

"Rita!" Pizza gasped as he ducked back into cover, his beloved gun sputtering as a few components failed. Rita had survived worse than this, and though he loathed doing he realized he was temporarily out of the fight.

"Should have picked a side arm!" he cursed.

#56 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

I frowned at Will's question. He had a point. There's no way even Dragoons should be this skilled. These guys had to be the top of the top, giving this base a higher priority than I originally thought. I could see Will firing at the Assault Dragoon, so I joined him, in suppressive fire, to keep the Assault dragoon pinned under cover. A high aim is not needed to maintain suppressive fire, and my 3 energy weapons with rechargers were more than enough to keep the Assault Dragoon under cover. I quickly analyzed how to flush the Assault Dragoon out. I could always get Yusef to toss a grenade, flushing him out that way, but that was too risky in the relatively closed off environment. So, I nodded at Will, signaling for him to flank the Dragoon while I had him pinned under cover. The squad had been working together on tactical maneuvering long enough for Will to recognize the symbol.

#57 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

Still firing at the bastard, I see Cap signaling, and grin to myself. I give a short nod, and quickly start moving diagonally forwards to flank the pesky f*cker, keeping my fire up as I move. "Yusef, how's that exit coming up?"

#58 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:19 PM

Yusef took advantage of the moment when it came to the mines. He rendered them offline as suppressing fire was applied. Yusef's expertise in demolitions helped. He analyzed his environment and assuming he finishes them all, hopped from choke point to choke point to regroup with his allies and assist them. "Getting it done."

#59 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

The Assault Dragoon peeked out of the side, for a split second, to see Will's advance. He blind-fired over the cover, surprisingly accurate. I realized the gun had to have a camera stuck on it so the Assault Dragoon could fire semi-accurately without exposing himself to return fire. The burst was accurate enough to stop Will's advance while a canister rolled out of the side of the Dragoon's cover. "GRENADE!" I yelled, too late as the canister exploded, quickly covering the lab in a white, smoky haze. The last thing I saw was the Dragoon vaulting over the cover, and combat rolling toward me. So I fired my lasers in that general area. "Pizza! Yusef! Can you guys see anything?! I need you to tell me where the Dragoon is!"

The Dragoon was slowly advancing toward Maxwell, rifle in one hand and Ballistic Fist in the other.

#60 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

"He's advancing towards you!" Yusef readied the pistol. This time, he'd stick with plasma weapons. Warning Maxwell will help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: War, War Never Changes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users