196 replies to this topic

#81 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

Broly destroyed most of the South Galaxy. But he did it one planet, one solar system, at a time.

#82 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

Which either means that Brolly is thousands upon thousands years old, or DBZ galaxies are tiny as sh*t.

#83 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

Which either means that Brolly is thousands upon thousands years old, or DBZ galaxies are tiny as sh*t.

The DBZ galaxies are pretty small.

#84 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:56 PM

In other words Broly didn't do anything Buu or other powerful villains couldn't do.

#85 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

I would say the DBZ universe is just as big, but like Star Wars it only mentions a small portion

Oh and I think Broly did more like a chain reaction, causing a lot of suns to explode rather than an all encompassing blast that engulfed that galaxy, Broly cannot be that old or he is FTL

#86 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

The universe(DBZ) only has, IIRC, 16 galaxies.

It is divided into 4 quadrants, and each quadrant(IIRC) has 4 galaxies(north galaxy, south galaxy, east galaxy and west galaxy). That's the entire DBZ universe.

Toriyama has said that that structure of the universe, was so it was easy to understand and keep track of, both for himself and for readers.

So yes, the DBZ universe is quite a bit smaller.

As for being FTL, the Saiyan transport pods are quite a bit FTL.

#87 Justabox

Justabox

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:43 PM

Master Roshi had an entire fight scene in less than a milisecond.
  • Posted Image
  • Posted Image
  • Posted Image
  • Posted Image
  • Posted Image
  • After being shot at, Roshi was able to turn around and catch 9 bullets.
  • Posted Image
He creates many after images.
  • Posted Image

#88 Justabox

Justabox

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

Roshi moved his hand so fast it created a wind so strong it blowed away a 70-80kg heavy superhuman and smashed him into a wall.
  • Posted Image
Kid Goku (21. budokai) , and Namu who were both slower then Roshi were able to jump several km high in the air, a feat which requires a movement of legs much faster than the speed of sound.
  • Posted Image
  • Posted Image
  • Posted Image

#89 Justabox

Justabox

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

• Bora who was slower than Roshi was able to trow goku and yacharobe above clouds, which means he can move his hand faster than sound.
  • Posted Image
  • Tao Pai Pai was on par with Roshi, or slightly faster, and he throw a stone pillar 200+ km away a feat which would require massively hypersonic movement of hand.
  • Posted Image
  • Posted Image
  • Posted Image
From all of this I think it is safe to assume that Roshi is much faster than the sound.

Muten Roshi using a single strike to paralyze an opponent

Posted Image

#90 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

Oh and I think Broly did more like a chain reaction, causing a lot of suns to explode rather than an all encompassing blast that engulfed that galaxy, Broly cannot be that old or he is FTL

If I remember that video correctly, the galaxy starts "dissolving" (a star exploding-nova or supernova-would outshine the entire galaxy) and stars at the edge of the galactic disk dissolve as soon as stars at the center do, meaning that this chain reaction beam must have traveled those 100,000 light years (assuming DBZ galaxies are as big as ours) in a second. Which means that his chain reaction beam is moving at a speed 3,155,760,000,000 the speed of light.

That chain reaction attack must also somehow target stars and not anything else and still left planets (I guess the stars knew to not explode in the directions of their planetery systems) and left enough residue glow to allow parts of the movie to take place in the South Galaxy and not have it be a giant death void of freezing temperatures.

Or Broly didn't destroy anything and the whole "Broly destroyed a galaxy" is exaggerated metaphor by the announcer and King Kai. As Broly having the ability to destroy a galaxy like we'd believe from the movie intro would mean that he should have been untouchable by anyone in the cast.

#91 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

Oh nevermind, in Japanese the narrator says "The South Galaxy is under attack!" Still the same gist, just with more specific words. Can't be "under attack" if it's already destroyed.

#92 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

You watched DBZ... subbed? :mellow: I don't know who you are anymore.

#93 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

You watched DBZ... subbed? :mellow: I don't know who you are anymore.

I did but only for that one particular debate a while back called Broly's Power is Maximum or something. I watch animu in English if possible, in Japanese with dubs if its the only way. I originally saw Dragon Ball in Spanish in Mexico.

#94 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

I did but only for that one particular debate a while back called Broly's Power is Maximum or something. I watch animu in English if possible, in Japanese with dubs if its the only way. I originally saw Dragon Ball in Spanish in Mexico.

Ah. Cool. I remember when we lived in Arizona, they had a Spanish section in WalMart, and they had DBZ videos in it.

And I'm the same way. But... HOTD... I don't know. That dub is just... f*cked up. It makes me hate almost every single main character, which I loved in the Manga, and the subbed version. One of the very few times, I think I'll ever say to watch an anime subbed.

And FYI, that joke seems to have flown over your head. :P

#95 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

Ah. Cool. I remember when we lived in Arizona, they had a Spanish section in WalMart, and they had DBZ videos in it.

And I'm the same way. But... HOTD... I don't know. That dub is just... f*cked up. It makes me hate almost every single main character, which I loved in the Manga, and the subbed version. One of the very few times, I think I'll ever say to watch an anime subbed.

And FYI, that joke seems to have flown over your head. :P

I meant Japanese with subs in my previous post. I'm not one of the anime fans that abhors English voices, I prefer watching things in the language I speak, unless I'm watching foreign films.

Is it the joke about how you don't know who I am anymore even though you never knew who I was?

#96 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

Is it the joke about how you don't know who I am anymore even though you never knew who I was?

Heh. No. It just seemed, from your response, that you took my comment seriously.

I meant Japanese with subs in my previous post. I'm not one of the anime fans that abhors English voices, I prefer watching things in the language I speak, unless I'm watching foreign films.

Well, like I said, that one is an exception. I usually watch everything dubbed in English, too. And there's a good possibility that I ruined enjoying the anime for myself, by reading the manga first. You get an idea of what they should sound and act like, when reading it.

I've read plenty of other series, though, and then saw the anime, and didn't have a problem with it. *Shrugs* Bound to not like one, eventually, I guess.

#97 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlIVhyrRTwQ

I'd just like to say that the galaxy was visibly spinning during its destruction, meaning Broly destroyed it over a period of millions of years. :D Someone on another forum (SpaceBattles, IIRC) kindly pointed this out in a debate I was reading.

Anyways, Methos summed it up nicely for us already:

Broly destroyed most of the South Galaxy. But he did it one planet, one solar system, at a time.

#98 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:27 AM

Is this canon? It shows Goku and Vegeta reading the mind of Buu. Not just communicating but seeing what happened in his life.

Mind you they barely try and don't need to concentrate or touch Buu.

This is proof that they don't just have telekinesis or just mind control or just communicating abilities

#99 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

That's filler, and is not applicable to anything but the show.

Piccolo (to my knowledge) was the only character during the DBZ era to demonstrate a direct form of telepathy (when he called Gohan for help whilst being drained by the Dr. Gero android), and Freiza was the only character to display telekinetic abilities. Cell was, too, but only due to inheriting that trait from Freiza.

I'm getting this all from the manga I've read.

#100 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

Well I been reading the manga and when they fight Frieza King Kai also had telepathy. Also Goku uses it to tell Krillin and Gohan about the spirit ball when fighting Vegeta.

If you have read it you would see that Goku also uses TK in a lot of his fights and not to mention Tien, Chaitzu and Crane Master Shen.

So you read which parts that doesn't show that?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DBZ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users