• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#21 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:06 PM

Lol, wow, you still aren't understanding.

Real life martial artists were capable of performing a "feat" posted in this thread. Therefore, said "feat" is unimpressive (not the character, so don't bring up things that have nothing to do with the topic). It's quite simple when you actually think about it.

#22 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

Really? I saw both the movie and this clip and not once does Jet Li do that feat. You are are smoking some toon grass to even make this comparison.

This is what you guys sound like, " this movie shows them blurred on camera therefore DB is not impressive since they are blurred too in that clip"
Retarded yes, I get it but it's a bad analogy. Simply due to the fact that they are nothing alike. One is real and one is fake and when one is fake, it isn't supposed to be compared to anything real. Plus Goku as a kid is still ten times more faster than anything Jet Li did

#23 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

Pymp, you are an idiot. That is all.

#24 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

I'll repeat it again. It wasn't in the movie, it was while they were filming the movie. The first fight scene between Jet Li and Jackie Chan was re-filmed, because they were moving too fast for the camera to keep up in the first shoot. The director of the movie asked them to redo the scene, only slower, so the camera could keep up.

#25 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

Well...Broly's power is maximum. That's about all I want to say on this thread.

#26 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

I'm an idiot because I don't see the correlation between two people going to fast and making this DB feat unimpressive.

Not the same feat, not even close to the same speed, and if you think them fighting that fast makes them anything close to it being a similar feat is nonsense.

In DB they can already dodge bullets so how is that a similar feat?

Am I wrong to say that you (sirmethos) is basically saying that since they (Jet) were moving to fast for a camera that it renders the DB as unimpressive?
If I am right in translating your "logic" then I fail to see how it is even a valid statement. And of course you have your rights to say so

#27 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

Good lord...

The FEAT is unimpressive. Not the show, not the characters, this one FEAT. If you'd actually read people's posts rather than skimming them we wouldn't need to explain this so many times. How is it that everyone understands this but you?

#28 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

I do, but I fail to see how that feat is unimpressive by jet Li having to re film his fight for being too fast!!
It's a bogus claim

#29 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:22 AM

No it's not. Okay. I'm going to lay this out plain for you.

The OP is trying to show that DBZ deserves respect when being talked about along with Superman and other super powered people. So what he does is post a feat of Goku going fast enough to be blurry on camera. However, regular real life humans can do that feat. So with that feat posted, the OP has proven that Goku is as fast as a human being. How is a human being supposed to stack up to Superman? He can't. So the OP posting Goku being blurry on camera is a bad feat to post.

#30 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

I have read what everyone has said, how should I put it, it's a dumb reference on your part.

So because a human can be blurred on "real" camera you disregard a feat of a anime?
If a real human can spin so fast that a tornado is seen then I would agree but that was not the case. So therefore your claims are bogus as I said. Howcan you compare a toon to a real person??

Especially when both are different fears completely !??

#31 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

Oh my *vulgarity*ing god.

He's not talking about the tornado feat, he's talking about this feat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLGtxpj-7CU (2:40)

Krillin and Jackie Chun fight so fast the audience can't see what's going on. Even played a game of Rock paper scissors.

#32 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

Lol either way they weren't just faster than a camera could capture, jet Li did not move that fast guys. You guys will say anything!!

In that case show the part where Goku as a kid can move like a tornado, I'm sure krIllin and Chun can too, this feat is comical in nature as it was intended in the show itself

In other words this is them playing around whereas Jet Li and Chan are probably trying hard lol

#33 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

It's a shame they dont' fight like that all the time.

#34 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

It's a shame they dont' fight like that all the time.

They literally have a "super-speed" mode reserved for maneuvering around each other, and then hopping back into normal speed when they can get a strike in.

#35 Ivan

Ivan

Canon Fodder

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

I think the point was made sloppily, but the Dragonball fans do have one. There is no "real world" equivalent to moving one's entire body so fast that it becomes impossible to follow. Hands and feet, maybe, but the "after image" technique is something children in the DBZ universe seem capable of mastering, and it pointedly requires no special power other than speed to accomplish. Jackie Chan is an incredibly fast martial artist, but Jackie Chan cannot do anything close to what is described in the Kuririn/Jackie Chun fight. The characters are already well beyond the limits of human abilities at that point. Now DBZ physics are really wonky and it could be argued that the fundamental properties of things like light and gravity make doing those things much easier than they would be in the DC comics universe, but Kid Goku routinely pulls feats of (short range) travel speed, reflexes, and agility which suggest that he's well beyond any of the dismissive downplay mentioned in this thread.

At the same time, Superman and J'onn could birth a main-sequence star using nothing but heat vision. There isn't an attack in all of Dragonball/Z/GT that could do that.

#36 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

Thanks Ivan I guess you are right, the heat vision is just a beam of energy, I'm sure piccolo was doing that in DB as well, he even shoots it out his mouth, all offhand bodies can manipulate energy, hands, feet, body and have experience doing. Sirmethos stated that that feat is unimpressive, yet his point wasn't even valid in my opinion.
Note that Kid Goku can not only do the after image, but 7/8 as well and can keep his "images" still for quite some time.

#37 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

Impressive...But most DBZ character still can not survive in the sun or in space. :P

#38 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

The one thing I noticed in fights like Goku vs Superman, some people who think Goku isn't capable of light speed gives him an automatic loss. Even if he can't move that fast, I don't think that should give him a loss. Karate Kid used his martial arts to throw Superman around, and Superman is leagues above him physically. While Goku isn't as good of a martial artist(still really good) as Karate Kid, he is a lot closer physically. So people are saying Karate Kid can counter Superman's physical prowess with his martial arts, but Goku can't?

Goku was able to dodge lightning as a kid with a power level of 300(give or take). Speed of light travels 3,000 times faster than the speed of lightning. So, Goku would have to increase his power by 3,000. (In DBZ when you increase your power, you increase strength, speed, durability etc.) Which case by the time he is a super saiyan, his last official power levels was 150,000,000. So, personally I think by that time, he is capable of light speed.

That is supported by the fact that King Kai was capable of tracking Goku's ship moving at light speed, but could not follow Frieza and Goku's movements.

All in all I'd say the upper tier characters can move and react at the speed of light. Their travel speed isn't that fast because it wastes too much ki.

Maybe all this is pointless because pymp always argues for DBZ :( #DBZfanProblems

#39 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hayes I do argue DBZ, for the same reason you are right now, that people discredit Goku ad yet give a vastly inferior person like Karate Kid more value, when in reality Goku would mop the floor with Karate kid. And I don't say Goku wins everytime, just when people say bias things against him or DBZ.

Oh and I could go all day about Martial Arts as most of you have no clue about them and yet say people like Catwoman or even Thor more credit in fighting than someone in Dbz where all they do is fight.

That's like saying Vale Tudo is less impressive than Karate even though most Vale Tudo fighters would defeat Karate Practitioners. The difference is that it's about the person not the style and Goku is a master of fighting, able to defeat a smarter Cell and Piccolo, and a stronger and faster Pikkon. Which shows his battle wits are on par with anyone. People like Karate Kid and Batman are great, but Batman uses his gadgets and stealth more so than his straight up fights. Skill is a term used here, but most people would consider a skill different than others, and which being bias makes it fact to some. Like Thor having "1000's" of years of experience and yet he loses to people with far less years of experience.

#40 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

Like Thor having "1000's" of years of experience and yet he loses to people with far less years of experience.

I know, he should be some ultra genius, commanding general of battle. Cap should be Thor's apprentice, the guy has seen every war ever after all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DBZ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users