• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Comics from the 90's. Movies. RPG's.

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

Considering that we don't know which criteria the person is using to base his ratings on, we can't know.

The only thing we can say, is whether or not our own personal criteria match the rating given.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, even if their opinion wildly varies from everybody else, the fact that you don't like this particular opinion, and are apparently trying to stop it, is imo just as bad as anu whining about everybody else not allowing him to have His opinion.

An opinion is one thing. That opinion needs to be grounded in reality though. If this voter is not capable of delivering a flawless and ground-breaking match themself... then they have no business dishing out grades like that!

#42 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

Again, thanks for the laughs. it keeps cracking me up that people seem to get so butthurt over this guy having a different opinion.

See, you are still assuming that is his honest answer. Till the cat is out if the bag, you can't say it is his real opinion or not.

I'll try to explain this one more time, I don't think anyone is mad at him for having a different opinion, I think people are mad because they are assuming he is doing it out of spite. If it is the case that it is his honest opinion than yes I'd agree people are getting upset over nothing, if he is being spiteful than there feelings are justified. Get it yet?

We get that you always have to be right about everything, but no one truly knows what criteria he is using to grade matches, until we do, no one can really say anything.

Being condescending=/=being right when you don't have all the facts.

#43 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

Having a different opinion is one thing, but to me, from reading those very sound reasonings :rolleyes:, he seems to be an idiot taking revenge for bad grades on his own shitty matches.

#44 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

According to the comments he left with the grade, he seems to think that he graded them fairly(the Spawn/Buffy match got 2 D's and a C, and I was one of the D's on that one).

Beta Ray Bill vs. Horus: "Plot was't interesting."

Nightwing and Green Lantern - Hal Jordan and Starkiller vs. Daken and Nero (Devil May Cry) and Gladiator (Kallark): "The writing style is horrible. The dialog is corny. The setup as a whole is uninteresting."

Power Girl vs. Silver Surfer: "The grammar sucks."

Batman and Batman Beyond vs. Overtkill and Cy-Gor: "Wasn't interesting."

With those comments in mind, it seems like he seems that the grades he gave were deserved.

Again, thanks for the laughs. it keeps cracking me up that people seem to get so butthurt over this guy having a different opinion.

..... "Wasn't interesting". What kind of justification is that????????

That is a personal opinion of the characters used. How does that have any bearing on the quality of the set-up?

#45 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

If the setup wasn't interesting, then it obviously wasn't very good writing.

#46 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

That would be funny for being wildly innaccurate, except for the fact that it is discouraging people from writing matches. That is not what this site needs. It need fair grading.

Funny you mention that...

Hey, since we all want fair voting, all judges should flip a coin for good grade/bad grade. Basically a game of chance. Unbiased. Unprejudiced. Fair.

Behold, the only way to have truly fair voting. If you don't feel like doing that, then don't mention the need for fair voting.

#47 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

..... "Wasn't interesting". What kind of justification is that????????

That is a personal opinion of the characters used. How does that have any bearing on the quality of the set-up?

Actually, you can read a story, and say it was uninteresting. I just don't believe him/her. Anu's could've been rated by anyone. I imagine he's not a lot of people's favorite, right now.

#48 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

All I want is this: Let this 'Hate Voter' show us what is expected of an 'A' match. Once that happens I will rest my case.

#49 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

And you think he needs to justify his voting to you?

#50 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

All I want is this: Let this 'Hate Voter' show us what is expected of an 'A' match. Once that happens I will rest my case.

I like how you seem to think, that he needs to justify his grading.

This thread just keeps cracking me up.

#51 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

Yes, that's what I want. If his writing is piss poor then he has NO business grading anyone else poorly. This way we can see truthfully if he is this writing prodigy he think he is... Or just a troll or complete hypocrite.

The people arguing with me, Methos and Nova: Let me explain this. You do not write matches. I don't think you really have any business arguing. If you can outdo one of these 'D' matches, I will eat my words... until then, who are you to talk?

#52 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

I have written matches, I have outdone these. Got another dumbass assumption to make?

I have seen no thread where this guy claims he's a prodigy, heck he could be FPL for all I know.

He doesn't need to justify his vote to you. A Republican doesn't need to justify his vote to a Democrat.

#53 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

Yes, that's what I want. If his writing is piss poor then he has NO business grading anyone else poorly. This way we can see truthfully if he is this writing prodigy he think he is... Or just a troll or complete hypocrite.

The people arguing with me, Methos and Nova: Let me explain this. You do not write matches. I don't think you really have any business arguing. If you can outdo one of these 'D' matches, I will eat my words... until then, who are you to talk?

Wait... So by your logic, you need to be a writer, to be able to tell quality writing from poor writing.

Yea, that makes a lot of sense. Just like when you go into a restaurant, you have no business criticizing the food unless you're a professional cook.

Or in order to tell a good wrestler from a bad wrestler, when watching a prowrestling match, you need to be a professional wrestler. After all, if you can't out do them, then you can't really tell if they're doing a bad job.

Edit: That was sarcasm, in case you didn't catch it :)

#54 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

You have to admit there is a bit of truth in that statement though. I am not accusing either of you of being the 'Hate Voter', it's just a LOT easier to get worked up seeing someone casually attempt to ruin something myself and others have put effort into.

#55 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

God what is this? How does a differing grade ruin it all for you? Jesus, I've gotten hundreds of F's. That doesn't bother me none.

#56 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

It doesn't bother me that much if it doesn't happen often. But my match before this scratched and my last one was 'hate-voted'. I think I might stick to rumbles for a bit until this voter moves along.

#57 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

Well, I've taken a slightly different approach to all this. See, my biggest beef with this, is matches getting scratched, that shouldn't. So, what have I done? Gone f*ckin' loco, rating like a madman. :D Unfortunately, Lonewolf can't join in my endeavor, 'cause he isn't a judge anymore, for some reason...

So, yeah, do whatever you want mystery rater. I'll be there to cancel your rate out.

#58 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

You have to admit there is a bit of truth in that statement though. I am not accusing either of you of being the 'Hate Voter', it's just a LOT easier to get worked up seeing someone casually attempt to ruin something myself and others have put effort into.

No, I don't have to admit that there is any truth in it, 'cause there isn't.

#59 LoneWolf

LoneWolf

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

No, I don't have to admit that there is any truth in it, 'cause there isn't.

Not even a bit? You don't think someone who writes might be a better judge of others' writing? Or if someone wrestles, they might be in a better position to grade others' technique? Etc...

#60 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

Why do people see the need to cancel out a perfectly valid rating?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users