• Please log in to reply
543 replies to this topic

#21 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:30 AM

Man, everybody's so tall

And yet quite a few that arent straight up offensive characters. Should be interesting to see all this "defense" and "indirect combat" at work.

#22 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

They obviously are unaware of the air ducts they will be forced to crawl and battle through.

#23 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

Heh. Lot's of demon cats there.

#24 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

Something to keep in mind: Not everyone can be the guy behind the scenes manipulating things. That isn't the only thing The Fallen is looking for.

They're The Legion of Doom. They need just as many, if not more, Solomon Grundys and Cheetahs as they do Brainiacs and Lex Luthors.

What might be interesting is having one of those "low level" physical grunt types with aspirations of grandeur. He knows he's just the muscle or some specialized skill wrapped around some mortal flesh, but he knows that those who truly excel in The Fallen can rise up and gain greater power. Or maybe you have a guy who's just in it for being that guy who can hit stuff really hard or run really fast or something like that.

This RP isn't demanding people to be slotted into roles like the Sentinels RP, but keep in mind that The Fallen need all types to flourish. They're not above being biased when it comes to someone who fulfills a needed asset, and they are not above being harsh on those who are redundant. They're villains, after all.

#25 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:00 PM

Stand out by creating a niche. Also Hamtaro, I really hope you plan on fixing the Combat Supremacy.

#26 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

Yeah. Sorry, my computer was getting wonky with the site. Can't sign-in, can't post, etc.

Though, If it's true with CS and other 'Master' Abilities being Global and above, then I think it's a glitch that I could see them on the Street Level creation page. Regardless, I'm switching it out.

#27 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:39 AM

Stand out by creating a niche.

I don't see anyone else here whose powers revolve around shooting guns real well :P. I'm set!

#28 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

Whose talking about powers?

#29 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

Better Character Idea:

Name: Icarus
Code Name: Icarus
Affiliation: Fallen Hero? I guess?
Height: 7'0
Weight: 220

Posted Image

Background: Daedalus was a jealous god. He did not appreciate the threat of his throne being usurped, not by anyone: not even his son. One day Icarus came to close to his father's majesty. He overstepped his boundaries as Prince of the Kingdom and began to behave as an extra king. Daedalus struck him down for his insolence. His wings were torn off by the strength of his father's wrath.

Personality: Spurned by his father, Icarus is a being of rage and anger and resentment. He seeks the destruction of the world around him and whatever he is near. He is fully willing to work with people, but not in construction. Icarus is a man of destruction, plain and simple.
Powers:
Weak: Mind

Superior Eldritch + Ranged + Seeker (6)(Wrath of a DemiGod): His wings reduced to bloody stumps protruding from his shoulders, the Wrath was only divine trait Icarus retained. He uses it with glee, a powerful destructive blast that eradicates everything in his way.
Superior Piercing Weapon + Ranged (5)(Wrath of a DemiGod pt 2)
Armor does not resist the Wrath. It slams through walls and barriers drilling to the heart of whatever Icarus wants destroyed.
Superior Iron Will (4)(Body of a DemiGod)
He's been hit with all the wrath of an angry god. What are you gonna do?

#30 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

I kind of see Landon's point now, there are too many 'I am the embodiment of death and destruction' types and not enough low level grunts. Dayshift wasn't filled with the the greatest and most powerful heros of all time, and I think that's why it worked.

I think I'm going to try and work on a new character. Probably female since this is a total sausage fest already, and maybe a fallen hero. Can't say if I'll replace Selene or not, depends if I like what I come up with.

#31 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

Make a global. At the moment, I'm all alone. :C

Edit: Yeah, it's the first thing that comes to mind when you think Fallen.

#32 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:25 PM

Landon makes a good point for sure. My character though isn't one of those brainacs who works behind the scene. I was just trying to do something interesting for my first FPL RP which this will be.

#33 Peypeypeypey

Peypeypeypey

The truthiness will set you free

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

Yeah, I'm planning on changing mine to be a bit less mystical and more of just an insane person. I feel like he should really be a more physical fighter.

#34 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:06 PM

Only need to write the Bios/Background and the Personality, then I'll have my character up :)

I have the general gist of it, just not sure how to word it.

#35 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:49 PM

Name: Thomas Arctos

Code Name: Mr. Arctos

Affiliation: Villain

Height: 6'7 in human form, 9'0 in werebear form

Weight: 250 lb. in human form, 300 lb. in werebear form

Brief Description of Self: "Let me tell you what you need to know. I'm a werebear, I like killing people, I love a good meal, I hate idiots, and the color pink gives me a headache. I don't care who you are or what you work for, but nobody BARS MY WAY!"

Personality: Despite seeming to be more animal than human, Thomas has embraced his nature as a werebear. The hunter should not be the huntee. Despite a bounty on him, he wants to hunt further.

Powers: Beast Mode (Transformation superior)--This is tied with his transformation. Though he is most violent during the full moon, whenever he gets significantly irked, he transforms into the werebear many fear. Essentially, this IS the beast within. Though he is strong all the time, once the beast mode happens, he gets the speed, strength, and toughness all added up! Cars flipping like burgers, doors ripped off like paper, and other mayhem is possible.

Recuperation (Regeneration superior)---This power is also tied with his beast form. Not just it helps heal wounds, but it provides immunity to common diseases with resistance to the most serious of diseases.

RAWR! (Berserker standard)---Unstoppable rage in a werebear is expected. Not surprisingly, the rage can trigger Mr. Arctos' transformation. This also imbues him with further strength, which is provided to the aforementioned transformation.

Something smells foul! (Hyper senses standard)--This is tied with his beast form as well. He can smell things from a good amount of distance. But if hunters come for him, a stink would let him know.

Strength is superior.

Human form and beast form

Pardon the shortness of descriptions in this wall of text, but I'll do whatever I can if I'm doing it wrong.

#36 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

Posted Image

Name: Apollo Dosaz
Code Name: Apocrita
Affiliation: Villain
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 165lbs

Brief Description:
Apollo, once a normal man, now stands as an alien blending of human and insect and decadence. Gray-black glossy carapace in place of warm flesh, Three almond-shaped jet black eyes, horn-like antennae jutting above golden hair, all wrapped in silken white finery...

Personality:
The peregrine reconfiguring of mind lends an inexorable distance between his perceptions and those of a normal human being. This generally ends with the appearance of Apollo being lost in his own world and fairly distractible, this is merely an illusion. The hive mind, manifest inside of Apollo's brain, communicates with itself and generally sees no need to interact with anything outside of its human shell save to maintain its comfort and fight for its perceived territory. Minor vestiges of his former life, from before They stole him away and changed him, make their way to the surface but rarely do they break and make themselves known to anyone but his brother.

Abilities - Street
All Stats Standard

The Hive
Energy Body, Superior (4)
Apollo's body is a living hive. Composed mostly of biting, stinging, flying insects of the order Apocrita. The dispersion of his form only occurs under his direct willing and he appears a contiguous whole unless he does so.

The Sting
Poison, Standard w Ranged & Multi (4)
Streams of wasps, bees, and flying ants mercilessly attack Apollo's enemies.

The Swarm
Inhibit, Standard w Ranged & Area (4)
In addition to the pain of the stings the disjointed swarms from Apollo's form buzz incessantly and obscure vision.

The Flight
Reaction Speed, Standard
Swarm intelligence is reactionary, responding as a whole to perceived threats sometimes long before any individual creature within the swarm has even registered danger. Apollo's form reacts similarly, discorporating reactively to some of the most sudden attacks.

#37 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

Or...

Jarrod McCall

(Getting this picture on here was a real pain in the ass for some reason)
Codename: Trace
Height: 5'8
Weight: 150

Bio: He could hear the drunken steps clamor unsteadily up the stairs. The sound of the steps overwhelmed his fear of the storm outside his window. The rain crashed against the window as the wind thrashed the trees about, casting demonic shadows throughout the room. The thunder roared, but was cast aside as the rustic door knob jumped and turned and the door was wildly swung open.

“Where are ya boy?! Where are ya?”

Jarrod sat on the bed as his drunken father stood in the middle of the room, looking to the side of him, thru him, and above him. His father then proceeded to get on all fours and looked under the bed before growling angrily and slamming the door angrily behind him as he left.

Jarrod clutched his knees close to his chest as he tried to hold his tears…

Personality: Jarrod had learned how to not be seen when he didn’t want to be, whether it was from bullies or his father. He began to dislike the company of others.

No one could be trusted.

He grew up to master this ability and eventually saw the benefits that could come with it. It began small as shoplifting for necessities and eventually evolved into simply walking in and out of a bank with thousands. He soon learned, however, he hungered for more.

Powers:

Stats: Superior Agility, Rest Standard

Martial arts (Standard): Among Thieves

Jarrod soon learned how to fend for himself and do what was needed. While he’d prefer to stay out of sight, he found that certain people were clever enough to see him without seeing him. He had to learn to defend himself.

Armor (Standard): Among Thieves

Jarrod wears a light body armor, that while still allows him flexibility, can stop a stray bullet or blade.

Piercing Weapon (Standard): Among Thieves

Jarrod doesn’t like guns. They’re too loud, draw too much attention. He prefers the inconspicuousness of a blade.

Weapon Master (Standard): Among Thieves

Jarrod isn’t one to use a weapon he’s not comfortable with. His blade is like an extension of his arm. It’s one of his only possessions that he actually has a strange attachment to. It’s the only thing, living or dead, which he ever truly had an attachment to.

Invisibility (Superior): Falling Down the Rabbit Hole

The response to the distress call was quick. Officer Durango, no not like the jeep, was in the area and the first to respond. When he arrived on the scene the house was quiet. The whole neighborhood was eerily silent. The only sound was that of a warm breeze that rustled the summer leaves of the trees.

A neighbor watched cautiously out her window, no doubt the woman who called it in. Durango motioned her to get away from the window and then pulled his weapon. He quickly walked the stone path to the front door and pushed it open with two fingers. The door wasn’t locked nor was it entirely closed. He entered the living room and could already see the blood pooling from the kitchen floor.

He pulled his radio to his lips as he spoke, “I’m going to need back up. Have a medic on the way.” He ordered through the radio before replacing in its holder. He entered the kitchen and the victim lay slain on the floor, soaking in the still warm crimson pool. Cuts and lacerations plagued the body almost beyond recognition.

“This was most definitely a crime of passion.” He said as his eyes slowly rose from the body and scanned the kitchen. His eyes, however, rested on the corner of the kitchen for an odd amount of time. Little did the officer know that the killer was in the very same room.

Jarrod sat in the corner with his knees pulled tightly against his chest and his blade held even tighter in his hand. The blood dripped against his denim jeans as he watched his crime scene.

#38 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:15 PM

I like that picture Darkender. At least the picture doesn't look like he's the Darklord of all that is Evil. It better be good. *evil eye*

#39 deojusto

deojusto

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

I agree with treach, although for different reasons. It doesn't seem like anyone else wants to do the Global level and Jarrod fits at street level much better. He's a sort of normal criminal with one abnormal power that sets him apart and could make him useful to the Fallen, where Heptah was more 'beware my power' and all that.

PS. I think I'm switching my character as well; the new sheet is in the same post as earlier for easy comparison to Selene. Also, darkender I guess that means you can use that illusionist idea if you still want to

#40 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

Thanks. Just trying to diversify and yeah I guess globals think they're too good for an academy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users