5 replies to this topic

#1 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

I'm currently trying to start a new D&D campaign, and are posting this to see if there's any interest.

But this is going to be somewhat different from a usual D&D campaign.

First off, you don't get to chose your race, class or stats, they are all randomised.

Either the player gets on the chat and rolls some dice themselves, or they indicate their desire to join, and I'll roll the dice to randomise their selection for them.

What this means, is that the various players will be forced to build a character around the tools they are given, rather than having a pre-built idea of what kind of character they want to play and then creating a character that more or less fits that idea.

We will be playing on the forum, and most things that would require a dice roll in a usual D&D game, will be judged on a case by case basis, and as such, the game should be a fair bit easier to play.

Contrary to previous incarnations, the players will not need to create a new sheet for their character, though it will be appreciated since it does make my job as the GM, quite a bit easier.

Kain-edit: As some extra information, not all races are in the available pool, since some were deemed too powerful, considering the fact that the campaign will more than likely start out with the characters at level 1.

As always, if there are any questions, get a hold of me on the chat, send me a PM, or ask your questions here in the thread, chances are if you're wondering about something, others might be too,

#2 Darxeth

Darxeth

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

You know what? This is really cool. I hope the genders are randomized too.

#3 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

It does. in.

#4 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

As am I.

I have a question though: How many different races are there going to be, the normal starting races? And is this 4ed or 3.5?

#5 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:31 AM

I hope the genders are randomized too.

I hadn't thought of that, since i generally don't play female characters, and usually have somewhat of a problem doing so.

Different races aren't really all that difficult, whether you play an elf, a minotaur or a giant, it's still roughly the same, but playing a different sex is fairly different, and many people aren't capable of doing that properly, so I will let that be up to the player, whether they want to decide, or let it be up to random chance.

I have a question though: How many different races are there going to be, the normal starting races? And is this 4ed or 3.5?

that's two questions

But to answer your questions.

First off, I can't remember the exact number of races off the top of my head, but I think that it's 45.

It's a bit more than the normal starting races, but only races included in the SRD category.

Here's a link to the page where you can see all the SRD races, however not all races on that page are allowed.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Races

I'm not currently at the computer where I've written down which races are allowed and which aren't, so I can't say for certain, I'll edit this post and include the correct number once I get home and have access to it though.

Secondly, it will be a slight homebrew version of 3.5, the homebrew comes from the fact that most dice rolls will be removed, and taken on a general judgement call between myself and the player who would be doing the roll to accomplish something.

this is partially to make everything simpler and quicker, and partially to try it out and see if it works

Kain-edit: incredible, my memory was correct, 45 races have been included in the allowed list.

#6 Darxeth

Darxeth

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

Ah, okay, thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users