#1 Shoggoth breeder

Shoggoth breeder

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Calling Cthulhu

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

Darkseid stood impassively on the balcony of his palace, gazing out over the landscape of Apokolips. The distant roar of the firepits strangely comforting to him, he was enjoying a rare moment of peace.
A peace that was disrupted by Vex-the newest member of his Female Furies- flying through the air and landing before his feet. She looked up at him, a look akin to bliss on her face at seeing him and tried to get up. She managed to raise herself to Darkseid’s knees before collapsing back onto the floor.

With great pain evident on her face she spat out some blood before turning to her lord, making sure to avert her eyes.
“My lord… the demon is too strong, the rest of the Furies are already dead. I tried to retreat but the creature attacked me… threw me across the city.” –She tried to get up again- “I did everything I could to stop it Lord Darkseid.”

Nodding in approval Darkseid extended a hand to her, his eyes glowing warmly. Thankful for his kindness she took hold of his hand and pulled herself up, only to be struck by the full force of his Omega Beams, vanishing screaming in the red tide.
“No servant of mine ever retreats.” He murmured to himself, resuming watching the destruction of his city. Waiting no longer the Lord of Apokolips flew from the balcony to the source of the destruction.

Arriving at the centre of the circle of devastation, he found the source to be a purple and red skinned demon, with two large horns and a sword in hand surrounded by floating jelly beans. Not fazed in the slightest by the discovery Darkseid dropped from the air, landing on the left of the creature.
Tilting it’s head in curiosity the demon pointed it’s sword at Darkseid and smiled, while the lord of Apokolips had no change of expression save for a bright red glow emanating from his eyes.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

Learn More About
Darkseid
Read more about Darkseid at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia: Darkseid DC Database: Darkseid JLA Watchtower: Darkseid

Janemba
Read more about Janemba at Wikipedia
Official Site: Funimation Links: wikipedia Absolute Anime My Favorite Games

#3 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

Here we go again.

#4 Ivan

Ivan

Canon Fodder

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

Before the Darkseid fans come in and steamroll everything, let me just say that Janeba is my favorite DBZ movie villain, (It's the only DBZ movie that really works in my opinion,) and making a totally unsubstantiated guess I'd put him around Superboy Prime level. I'm not really interested in whether or not he could be Darkseid, but if the two met, I believe Darkseid would have a new pet at his disposal.

#5 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

I will never agree with the people on here who just can't give DBZ credit. For those to believe that Goku at SS4 still couldn't beat Thor when he is obviously above Thor, Wonder Woman, The Hulk , Superman and any kryptonian it just baffles me. People just don't truly understand how to gauge DBZ power. Darkseid would get mopped by Janenba and Janenba is one character I wish they would have kept around. He's powerful. They had to fuse to beat him. Darkseid is also fighting a DEMON which gives it a whole different spin. You are fighting something that inevitably can't really be destroyed. People give Darkseid all this power yet a creature like Doomsday who can only PUNCH beats Darkseid with just that. Punches. So you mean to tell me that Janenba, who moves just as fast as Darkseid can, a creature who had a sword that could cut through anything, a create that obviously has mastery over interdimensional portals and teleportation and is horribly strong couldn't beat Darkseid?

DS can't even FLY and again, all I ever see is Omega beams, a raspy voice and throwing punches with superman or supergirl. DS isn't as great as people say. Yet until people really understand how to truly gauge the power of DBZ characters they will never get a fair shake on this forum. No Thor would never beat Goku SS4 on his best day. Nor the Hulk, nor Wonder Woman.

However I could see the Silver Surfer beating Goku SS4.

#6 Djgambrell

Djgambrell

Meh.

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

Before the Darkseid fans come in and steamroll everything, let me just say that Janeba is my favorite DBZ movie villain, (It's the only DBZ movie that really works in my opinion,) and making a totally unsubstantiated guess I'd put him around Superboy Prime level. I'm not really interested in whether or not he could be Darkseid, but if the two met, I believe Darkseid would have a new pet at his disposal.

Why is he your favorite?

#7 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

Janemba's movie was one of my favorite DBZ films back then. I liked Goku and Vegeta's battle with Janemba. That film was done very well.

#8 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

Shoggoth, you might want to cut down your signature before an admin does.

Darkseid does indeed gain a new pet.

#9 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:45 AM

I think Jenemba could definitely put up a fight against Darkseid, as he's easily skilled and fast enough, but i just don't know what he can do about the Omega Beams. But i'm really not sure, i don't feel safe voting either way.

#10 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

Those omega beams would be absorbed or with the way that he morphs dimensions, J would avoid them or open up a portal each time he tried to blast him. Plus he's a DEMON, he's not alive and DS can't kill him anyway. How would his beams kill what is already undead or not alive in a physical sense. If I remember correctly Goku was dead when he fought j.

#11 I_KNOW_ALL

I_KNOW_ALL

The lovechild of Master Roshi and Majin Buu.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • Interests:Figgin Anime!, Gaming, and Music.

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

Janemba wins this rather easily, unless Darkseid insults him, then Darkseid wins.

In any case, Janemba is faster and stronger having taken on SSJ3 Goku with relative ease.

If the Omega Beam were to become a factor, Janemba would puzzle split and teleport.

#12 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

-snip-

-snip-

"Darkseid would get mopped by Janenba and Janenba is one character I wish they would have kept around."

How, exactly would Darkseid get "mopped" by Janemba? Does Janemba have any defense against Matter Manipulation? Against being disintegrated? Against high-level Telepathy? Would he survive being teleported into the sun?

"He's powerful. They had to fuse to beat him."

Not particularly impressive. They had to fuse to beat Buu as well.

Also, the setup doesn't say which form Janemba is in for this fight, his first form was destroyed by Goku in SS3 -.-

"Darkseid is also fighting a DEMON which gives it a whole different spin. You are fighting something that inevitably can't really be destroyed."

Uh, not so much. Darkseid has fought, and destroyed, several demons before.

"People give Darkseid all this power yet a creature like Doomsday who can only PUNCH beats Darkseid with just that. Punches."

You claim Janemba has all this power, yet he was defeated by Saiyans, who's only actually powerful feature is Energy Blasts.

"So you mean to tell me that Janenba, who moves just as fast as Darkseid can, a creature who had a sword that could cut through anything, a create that obviously has mastery over interdimensional portals and teleportation and is horribly strong couldn't beat Darkseid?"

Unless he is immune to Telepathy, Matter Manipulation, Disintegration, just to mention a few things, yes.

"DS can't even FLY"

What does that have to do with anything?

"and again, all I ever see is Omega beams, a raspy voice and throwing punches with superman or supergirl."

That's because you haven't read the majority of the comics that Darkseid has appeared in.

"Those omega beams would be absorbed or with the way that he morphs dimensions, J would avoid them or open up a portal each time he tried to blast him"

You make it seem like the Omega Beams is the only way for Darkseid to win, it isn't. Telepathy, Matter Manipulation, Avatar and Life Creation, are just a few examples of other methods he could use to defeat Janemba.

"Plus he's a DEMON, he's not alive and DS can't kill him anyway."

Being a demon doesn't mean he can't be killed. Darkseid has already killed several demons in the past. Blasfemy(a demon that defeated Etrigan) to give an example. Not to mention that Darkseid doesn't have to kill him to win.

"How would his beams kill what is already undead or not alive in a physical sense."

By completely disintegrating him on a sub-atomic level, could be one way of doing it. But again, Darkseid doesn't have to kill him to win.

"DS isn't as great as people say."

I usually don't like posting scans, but in this case I'll make an exception.

Darkseid defeats Eclipso(the being that was the Wrath of God before the Spectre).
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Disintegrates Kalibak
Posted Image

Rips Professor Stein out of Firestorm
Posted ImagePosted Image

Matter Manipulation on Cyborg Superman
Posted ImagePosted Image

Takes a full powered blast from a Demon named Blasfemy, that Etrigan couldn't defeat
Posted Image

Uses Omega Beams to teleport the Martian Manhunter away
Posted Image

"For those to believe that Goku at SS4 still couldn't beat Thor when he is obviously above Thor, Wonder Woman, The Hulk , Superman and any kryptonian it just baffles me. People just don't truly understand how to gauge DBZ power."

SS4 Goku is Slower than Thor, less durable than Thor, is far less versatile than Thor, and has far less combat experience than Thor.
He is slower, less durable and has less experience than Superman
He is slower and has far less experience than Wonder Woman
He is less durable than Hulk.

There are plenty of scenario's where SS4 Goku would win against each of them(especially Hulk and Wonder Woman), but in a straight up fight, he would lose badly to both Superman, Thor and Wonder Woman(Hulk isn't fast enough to win against SS4 Goku in a straight up fight).

People are very much capable of gauging DBZ power levels, they are simply inferior to most upper-level characters from other universes. To give a few examples(not even from Marvel or DC): The Shrike(hyperion canto) and Dark Schneider(bastard!).

#13 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

Looking at his wiki page, Janemba is a matter manipulator, meaning he inherently has a defense against Darkseid's matter manipulation. He's also a full on reality warper, something Seid isn't. But of course, this being DBZ, Janemba won't use his reality warping powers, and go into a fist fight.

#14 baneblade

baneblade

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:35 AM

Darkseid

#15 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

I from now on ignore anything sirmethos says to attack me and TBH i wish he would never respond to anything I do, as far as I am concerned he can fade from existence. So I am not going to attack the "harry potter, hermonie of cbub" the proverbial know it all or supposed to be.. now seeing that what he says is pointless let me move on to a REAL point..

Force echo states:
Looking at his wiki page, Janemba is a matter manipulator, meaning he inherently has a defense against Darkseid's matter manipulation. He's also a full on reality warper, something Seid isn't. But of course, this being DBZ, Janemba won't use his reality warping powers, and go into a fist fight.

Exactly, you just get TIRED of it again, people come off time and time and TIME and TIME and TIME again like Superman or Doomsday are the only beings in the entire universe that can 'survive' the omega beams of Darkseid. They simply are NOT all they are cracked up to be. Janemba is indeed able to manipulate matter and was able to handle the strongest attacks that Goku had before they had to fuse. Plus again that sword he had seems to be able to cut through anything and the beam could hardly be seen at first or the wave of power that he was throwing.

The problem is that people can't seem to get out of this 'how they fight" and 'what they are capable of" and 'what they see them do" modes. Of course a writer can write anything. However with that in mind, people have been programmed and brainwashed into sucking up so much DC fumes that they think that Batman can take anything, Superman is the most powerful being in the known DC universe. This isn't true of course. However, since you don't see them do it then it must mean they CAN'T do it.

If people could actually see some kind of DBZ, marvel or DC crossover then they may be able to finally accept what these guys can do. At SS2 Goku was above the power of a Kai or King Kai. They have even STATED this in the series as to how powerful SS level is. So these guys are GODS. Now, lets not take it out of contexts. The DC new gods are truly NOT gods. Were that be the case they would be on the level of the 'endless' the beings like Death, which of course are seen as wildly more powerful than just about anybody in the DC universe on the cosmic level. DS is NOT..

I repeat...NOT a GOD!

It takes somebody of a Galactus or Endless level to be seen as Godlike in DC yet since DC is so sketchy with how they judge powers trying to be NOT like Marvel you will never know exactly HOW strong somebody is or something like that. DC is VAGUE..they say Darkseid is powerful but you can't get any real readings on how powerful that actually is.

Then he throws around an Omega beam that everybody but Superman or a character they don't want killed seems to avoid or dodge or suddenly "can't be affected" by it. Then we get into all this stuff about what DS can do yet then again..YOU NEVER SEE HIM DO HALF OF IT!

Then we get to DBZ and they show you what they can do YET since its not done in a format to where people can fairly gauge what it would do to somebody like DS in this instance, people automatically put DS up there as being on the level of a DBZ character when these guys have more power than GODS do in their SS levels.

Yes they can killed in those levels of power DBZ can be hurt and all of that. Yet they are so freaking powerful in those modes beyond 2 and 3 that though you laugh about it there is no way Superman or DS could handle them.

Janenba was at least 3 or ABOVE as you can see what it took to battle him. So DS could handle all of that simply because you can't gauge what a DBZ character can do.

Wrong. DS is done. He'd never beat Janemba

#16 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

snip

I from now on ignore anything sirmethos says to attack me and TBH i wish he would never respond to anything I do,

So, you're going to ignore the guy who has consistently taken your various arguements and picked them apart, then refuted them with evidence, while you thus far haven't shown any evidence to support your position.

Yeah, that makes sense, since you can't actually win the discussion, you're just going to ignore the other side.

The DC new gods are truly NOT gods. Were that be the case they would be on the level of the 'endless' the beings like Death,

Wrong, being a god has nothing to do with the level of power at your command, but simply has something to do with what you are born as.

An example is Ares from Marvel, he is a god, yet his power is quite far from the level of beings such as Death.

#17 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

No Sirmethos is the most evil person on this forum who makes a point to attack me personally and you are on his bandwagon. No i don't respond to people that think that only how they think is the right way. Yes I am not saying DBZ could not be defeated yet methos is wrong and I am not going to spend all day doing scans all this crap to debate with hm. You can't debate with a know it all and he doesn't know the DBZ series, makes things difficult for members here and because of his attitude isn't a cool person to deal with. he never apologizes and gives people bad ratings simply because he wants them to be like him. If you suck his fumes (or anything else) then go ahead and have your fun. I have my rights and if he can't be a human and not be arrogant then i ignore him. Which I shall and you as well. Nobody takes my arguments apart, they simply try to find more facts to make it look like they are right. That doesn't make them right. DBZ characters are past GOD level with what they have done. Just because Darkseid can do it doesn't mean it will work on a DBZ demon or character. It wouldn't.

#18 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

Has a DBZ character ever created or destroyed a universe, taken on and defeated (or even just communicated with) abstract entities, or shown themselves capable of altering universal constants at a whim? No?

Then they're not past "GOD level" entities.

#19 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

snip

No Sirmethos is the most evil person on this forum who makes a point to attack me personally and you are on his bandwagon.

The most evil person on this forum, that's quite a claim, i suppose you have some evidence for that, rather than simply saying so, because you are butthurt over him not agreeing with your opinions.

No i don't respond to people that think that only how they think is the right way.

As methos has said several times, and I know that this is true since i live with him, if you can supply evidence for your claims, he is more than willing to be persuaded that he is wrong, this rarely happens since he generally does his research fairly well.

Yes I am not saying DBZ could not be defeated yet methos is wrong and I am not going to spend all day doing scans all this crap to debate with hm.

If you aren't willing to provide evidence, how are we supposed to be sure that what you're saying is true.

You can't debate with a know it all and he doesn't know the DBZ series, makes things difficult for members here and because of his attitude isn't a cool person to deal with.

I've bolded the important part of that sentance.

He actually knows the DBZ series quite well, owning the entire Manga series, and having seen most if not all of the movies, simply because his opinion on the various feats and levels of power in Dragonball differs from yours, doesn't automatically make him less knowledgable about the series than you.

he never apologizes and gives people bad ratings simply because he wants them to be like him.

Actually, he's created a thread where he explains how he rates, if you had taken the time to do your research, you would know this.

Nobody takes my arguments apart, they simply try to find more facts to make it look like they are right.

Two things here: First off, this thing I'm doing, that's taking your arguement apart, and methos has done the exact same thing before.

Secondly, when people provide facts that usually means they are right, it's hard to provide facts when you're wrong.

DBZ characters are past GOD level with what they have done.

Has a DBZ character ever created or destroyed a universe, taken on and defeated (or even just communicated with) abstract entities, or shown themselves capable of altering universal constants at a whim? No?

Then they're not past "GOD level" entities.

Just because Darkseid can do it doesn't mean it will work on a DBZ demon or character.

That is true, however if Darkseid can do something, and a DBZ character has not shown any resistance against it, then it's quite possible that it will work on them.

#20 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

Here we go again, telepathy doesnt work on these guys, TK does and Janemba has that plus can create holes to redirect energy.

I'm tired of this. DS can't even fly and that has a lot to do in a fight especially since Janemba is so much more quicker, faster and better fighter. Plus his sword would def hurt or kill DS.

"can Darkseid destroy a universe?" No not with his own power. And even so it's probably been shown once or twice at most. And even so Janemba can teleport across dimensions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users