Photo
- - - - -

FPL Battles Presents (Round 2 - the Powers Battles):

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Fantasy Powers League Presents (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Ouroboros (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. Hansha (5 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

Who wins?

1. DuB THuMP (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. BrainChild (4 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

Congratulations to BrainChild and Ourobor who move on to the next round. It is time. Round 2 is upon us. Separating the men from the not so men types. As usual, these are your favorite characters in the database and now we see who works their way up the ladder to prove who is the most powerful FPL character in the database (Global). All choices must be based on powers only. Leave the voting based on beautiful writing on the actual FPL fights. Please feel free to debate your heads off.

Fight 1

Open Field:
Nothing around but daisies and death.

Posted Image vs. Posted Image

DuB THuMP (Wubwubwub)

St: 1 Ag: 3 Mi: 1 Bo: 1

Hyper Senses: 1
Martial Arts: 2
Reflection: 3
Telekinesis: 3
Power Manipulation: 1

BrainChild
St: 1 Ag: 3 Mi: 1 Bo: 1

Detective: 1
Super Speed: 2
Leaping: 1
Reaction Speed: 2
Martial Arts: 2
Combat Supremacy: 2

Fight 2

Apartment Complex: Twelve Floors of office space.

Posted Image vs Posted Image

Ouroboros
St: 1 Ag: 1 Mi: 1 Bo: 1

Commander: 2
Tactician: 2
Commander (Ranged/Multi): 2
Bio Vampire: 1
Commander: 2
Mind Control: 2

Hansha

St:
1 Ag: 1 Mi: 1 Bo: 1

Hyper Senses (Eyes): 1
Hyper Senses (Ears): 1
Hyper Senses (Nose): 1
Hyper Senses (Touch): 1
Telekinesis (Ranged/Multi-Attack): 1
Combat Supremacy: 2
Duplication: 3
Martial Arts: 1

Last, I ask that you consider all arguments before you vote. Don't regret it later.

Fight ends (Sunday)

#2 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

First Round Winner's Circle

Redeye
Fritz
Lord Greenwood
The Chaos Spire
Trevor Bornhoft
Midnight City
Hansha
DuB THuMP
Marshell Percy
Spectrum
Sage
Masuta Tengoku
BrainChild
Ouroboros

Past Matches

Fight 1
Fight 2
Fight 3
Fight 4
Fight 5
Fight 6
Fight 7

#3 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

Dub Thump takes the first one pretty handily. They are equally agile, so Brainchild isn't really going to outspeed him. And Dub Thump will definitely in a straight on, out punch her. Brainchild's only hope is to Super Leap out of the way and use her Detective to come up with a plan. But even if she leaves Telekinesis plus Power Manipulation is a deadly combination. Dub THuMP is playing her dirge.

The second fight, Hansha takes because in this situation, he's untouchable. You want to sneak up on him? Too bad he knows you're here and how many of you are here. Where is he? He's around you, above you, behind you. In the chandeliers and glossy picture frames. Pick a preposition, it applies to how completely surrounded you are. You wanna hit him? Boom, mirror Shin punches you in the face. Quick, shoot at the real one! Where is he? He could have dipped by now. Anyway, there's about a billion other ninjas able to kill with one or two strikes in the room. Shoot the mirror, make a million more. No amount of regular people are going to track down and mess up Shin.

#4 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

Dub vs Brainchild is a pretty open a shut case. They're both good fighters but Dub's Power manipulation and telekinesis give him the W.

The second fight, to me, is a bit more complicated. I feel that it could go either way. They know where he is at and all that I think they could devise a plan to capture and neutralize him. Hansha on the other hand could punch his way through the henchmen. IDK. I'll wait for more arguements before I vote.

#5 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

Shin's tough. If there's one medium that shows one guy kicking the sh*t out of leagues of henchman it would be kung fu, so he's kind of in his element for this one. I also don't think MC will help much here.

I guess if I had to defend Ouroboros on this one it all comes down to how they use their henchman. These guys are pretty expendable and Shin can't actually escape through the mirrors. So then, it would be tempting just to zerg rush the building and spray everything with bullets. If it were me, I'd just send my guys in order them to keep Shin busy, then light the building on fire. Then use my contacts in the city to have the fire depot nowhere near the building so that everyone burns to death including Shin.

But as a non-superior tactician myself, I think Keijo would actually come up with something more clever than that. If these guys had bombs she could do suicide bombers, but I never took area effect so that's too much of a stretch.

(I also agree with the earlier takes on Dub's fight, because wubwubwubwubbbb.)

#6 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

Hansha and Dub would be a good fight. Maybe we'll see it.

#7 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

A good thing about these matches is they allow discussions about powers. I never vote solely based on powers, but I do like playing with powers and power combinations when I create characters and I do think about them and consider a character’s usage of them. In my opinion, DuB THuMP, Hansha and Marshell Percy are the three of the most dangerous Telekinesis users in the database. Why? For a reason that Pseudonym once brought up. They use TK in more unique ways than just throwing things around. Percy may have the most generic version of TK, but his isn’t about what he does, but how he does it. He exhibited that he’ll toss around his own teammates if need be. This is to show that he is completely callous. You get mad at him for tossing you and then he just controls your mind and commands you to take that anger out on the enemy. He is the kind of TK user that will snap your neck first, while the other TK guy is throwing you around or using TK punches. TK punches? Yeah right. Cracked spine coming up. Moving on.

DuB THuMP is scary as well, although his TK is a bit more in the tactile realm, he is much more proficient in the usage. His fighting ability (Combat Supremacy) has made him a surgeon with TK. This is a guy who will punch you in the chest and then make your heart travel around the inside of your body. Maybe even pop it out your mouth. Or hit you in the stomach and make all your ribs come poking out your abdomen. These two are frightening with TK.

Then you have Hansha who doesn’t really use TK as much as he has a reflection of himself on some surface that picks up a bottle and smashes you in the head while you’re fighting the real him. Or if you have him in a chokehold, suddenly a floating sharp object rises behind you and cuts your neck. Should’ve been paying attention to that reflection in the mirror before you got him in that chokehold. Vicious stuff. Good usage of the TK power if I may toot my own horn.

#8 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

Brainchild could take DuB down if she uses her superior speed, considering that she can move at about 150 MpH, and DuB doesn't have any kind of enhanced reaction speed.

If she doesn't rush him though, DuB's telekinesis will give him the win.

For the second fight, it seems like Ouroboros has it, with three level 2 subordinates(Commander power), and his tactician power/skill, backed up by his Mind Control power(that Hansha has no defense against), he should be more than capable of quickly putting together a plan that can take Hansha down.

Note: This is based purely on what is written in the first post in this thread, and the power descriptions here.

#9 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

Ouroboros's tactician could actually swing the fight their way. I'm still gonna go with Hansha though. I think a Ninja has got the skills enough to handle however many goons they've got.

#10 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

Well hell, let's get a poll together.

#11 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

Hansha be Ouroboros would go down like that ninja movie with the guy Rain.

#12 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

Ouroboros's tactician could actually swing the fight their way. I'm still gonna go with Hansha though. I think a Ninja has got the skills enough to handle however many goons they've got.

You're forgetting about the Mind Control power(or at least it seems that way).

"Fighter can begin to control their foe's range of motion, actions, but cannot force them to do anything that would go against their normal code of ethics. The fighter can create much more realistic and complex illusions to aid in the control of the opponent."

#13 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

That's because Ouroboros is led by Parasite. I'm pretty sure the Mind Control means that Ouroboros's units are mind controlled. Not that they do that to their enemies. Parasite would need to be on the front lines for Mind Control to reach Hansha. And Hansha would hear the slobbering, etc from miles away and cut him in half with ninja majjiks.

#14 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

Unfortunately Pseudo is mostly right. Their mind control is via these little bugs that can either be swallowed as eggs in water or shoved squirming down your throat. Great for controlling unsuspecting masses or when holding someone down, but very difficult to implement with no ranged or area effect.

#15 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

Posted Image

#16 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

Awww! This is the dialogue I've been waiting for.

#17 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

Unfortunately Pseudo is mostly right. Their mind control is via these little bugs that can either be swallowed as eggs in water or shoved squirming down your throat. Great for controlling unsuspecting masses or when holding someone down, but very difficult to implement with no ranged or area effect.

The Mind Control power is automatically Ranged.

"Mind Control is INHERENTLY RANGED, so the Ranged advantage comes with the power."

Also, keep in mind that I'm 'debating' here, based purely on what was posted in the first post, and the FPL Power List.

The only character in these two fights that I've actually read, is DuB.

To quote Treacherous(from the first post): "All choices must be based on powers only"

Edited by sirmethos, 25 June 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#18 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

No powers are inherently anything in the FPL. Not anymore. Also, you should probably read the characters too because they explain the application of the power. Especially for characters like Hansha. We're using the powers imaginatively in some cases and maybe stretching the definitions a bit. Like Hansha's use of Telekinesis to represent mirrorselves. Or like Ouroboros's use of Mind Control to represent impossibly loyal minions.

You don't get to tell deo how his own character works.

#19 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

"No powers are inherently anything in the FPL. Not anymore."

See, if I had been informed of this earlier, my initial outlook on the battles would have been completely different.

In that case, Hansha wins relatively easily, since Ouroboros has no defense against Hansha's telekinesis, and without the assistance of the Mind Control illusions, Hansha can easily counter the subordinates with the Duplicates power, and simply overpower them.

Likewise, Brainchild definitely wins the first battle then, due to her speed and reaction speed, coupled with her combat supremacy.

#20 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

A tad bit too literal. We must include how the writer used the power. You gotta read them man!

But you are most definitely correct about the ranged Mind Control. Good call. I'd assume that the parasites once spit out can go crawling around the room for a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users