• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:44 AM

@Pseudonym: BAM!, there's as good an explinaton as any Posted Image. In seriousness, I think Deo had it in mind at least, this is decidedly post-Rise of the Fallen, and I'm sure we can help figure out a timeline for poor Maroon later if need be! Not to say you complained or anything, just saying the obvious.

On to the story, yeah it was damn awesome. Everything flowed real well and there was enough twists that even as everyone started to get free of the parasites there was plenty to damn worry about as we got the end. Comedy was a bit sparse, but understandible and what was there was damn funny. We need more Super Jack and High Jill :/. To think the Parasite that plauged the Clash era good guys all this time would be taken down by a 4th wall joke about stats (RIP you sonnuva bitch). Truly this is some high caliber power to work with Posted Image. All the characters were great(Ill get to the Rob portion of the review below to be fair). All the freeing scenes were short, but they did what had to be said. Id like to see a bit more in-depth aftermath regarding it for a few guys, but hell that's probably our job eh? The pregnant Jill subtplot turned out nicely though I think the person who got the best treatment was definitely Sarah. She ended up a flat-out badass in this one, whether driving good ol Clyde like she was EVA from MGS 3 or being the one to finally off Parasite after god knows how many attempts. Rob said it all when it came to that. I think your trying to say something Posted Image.

Robert. He was definitely awesome in the last bit. He did everything Rob had to do in your average combat part of a fic. Be the first guy into the fight, get tossed around, come back and not give up repeat if necessary. Quite a simple formula Posted Image. The one line he got after being healed said everything that needed to be said(quite eloquently in fact) and that was pretty cool. Only thing I can say is that I think he'd enjoy a bit more of Parasite's corpse desecration but the ending for him was for the best really. Now I'm gonna be wondering what life story/apology he passed onto Slag before Conspiracist showed up that not only made a proper forgiveness for for attacking her in her own apartment room, but resulted in her bearing the classic fluffy puppy comments. Oh well, I'll see if I can build on that myself. No joke, now that I've gone global courtesy of Rob's BFF, it's time I got to work on my pecking order and got him something good.
And hey at the very least, he didn't get shot....by Redfield :P.

PS: On that last note, present for you for doing such a good job(though mainly to cover up my apathy and fear of posting)

EDIT: Ok, yeah, didn't mean for that to be a shameless plug :/. My bad.

#62 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

Thanks Kev, Dark, and Pseudo. I'm glad to know you all liked the ending.
I'll be sure to review Zach soonish.

#63 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

That was excellent. Fun stuff. Excellent job on the girls (The Bottom Girls). Nice action sequences, especially liked the ending fight scene with Parasite. I like that you could sacrifice one of your own. Well done. Now, I am requesting a fic depicting Keijo attempting to mutiny the Children from Percy. I believe it is time for a Civil War. Didn't Keijo say something about Percy's time being up? Take the old boy down a notch. He's nuts. Maybe Sayang needs a girl with more direction. Get everybody from the group involved. Pick sides and let the internal struggle begin.

Just a suggestion.

#64 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

That's a great idea for a fic. We should get some people on that. I don't think I can do another huge fic on my own for awhile.

#65 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:57 PM

I'm in.

#66 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:19 AM

Great, I'm glad you guys like the idea because I've been planning it since day one. I'll set up thread for it soon. I'll explain what I have in mind. Know that it takes place after the ending events in Legion.

#67 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

Yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users