Photo
- - - - -

Fantasy Powers League Battles Presents:

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Fantasy Powers League Presents: (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Wins?

1. BrainChild (4 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Old Roger (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Who Wins?

1. Ouroboros (5 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. Dangerman (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

Congratulations to Sage and Masuta Tengoku who move on to the next round. Now we get to the final four. Tough fights with top contenders. These are your favorite characters in the database and now we see who works their way up the ladder to prove who is the most powerful FPL character in the database (Global). All choices must be based on powers only. Leave the voting based on beautiful writing on the actual FPL fights. Please feel free to debate your heads off.

Fight 1

The Chaos Spire:
BrainChild is infiltrating the Chaos Spire. She is fully aware of its capabilities and has snuck onboard to see if she can take the thing down. Her mission: Find and take out Old Roger.

Posted Image vs. Posted Image

Old Roger
St: 0 Ag: 0 Mi: 0 Bo: 0

Communication: 2
Vehicle: 3
Power Manipulation (Ranged/Super-Area/Multi): 3
Creation (Long-Ranged/Super Area/Multi/Seeker): 3

BrainChild
St: 1 Ag: 3 Mi: 1 Bo: 1

Detective: 1
Super Speed: 2
Leaping: 1
Reaction Speed: 2
Martial Arts: 2
Combat Supremacy: 2

Fight 2

Everywhere in Khazan: Fight takes place everywhere, seeing as how Ouroboros and DanCo are everywhere in Khazan.

Posted Image vs Posted Image

Ouroboros
St: 1 Ag: 1 Mi: 1 Bo: 1

Commander: 2
Tactician: 2
Commander (Ranged/Multi): 2
Bio Vampire: 1
Commander: 2
Mind Control: 2

Dangerman
St: 1 Ag: 1 Mi: 1 Bo: 1

Creation: 3
Commander (Long-Ranged/Super-Area/Multi/Seeker): 3
Inhibit Senses (Super-Area): 3

Last, I ask that you consider all arguments before you vote. Don't regret it later.

Fight ends (Sunday)

#2 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

First Round Winner's Circle

Redeye
Fritz
Lord Greenwood
The Chaos Spire
Trevor Bornhoft
Midnight City
Hansha
DuB THuMP
Marshell Percy
Spectrum
Sage
Masuta Tengoku

Past Matches

Fight 1
Fight 2
Fight 3
Fight 4
Fight 5
Fight 6

#3 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

Brainchild is up against two people... so she's gonna lose there. Old Roger unlocks all of the Chaos Spire's best characteristics so she's pretty much fighting the building she is in. If she ever reached Roger, she'd be able to put him down easily, but he can move what room he's in all around the building. He's screwed.

Ouroborous wins the next one because well they're working smarter with better units, I believe.

#4 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

As always to play devil's advocate and to give BrainChild some edge, Old Roger is about as smart as a four year old and Chaos Spire is about as smart as a Tasmanian Devil.

As for your second analysis, that just sucked balls. Dan German is filthy rich. The second fight is much tougher. Those two groups are very similar and on separate sides of the fight. They'd actually be perfect rivals.

#5 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

Throwing wads of cash will buy you a huge army of mercenaries, that much is true. But Ouroborous is a slightly smaller army with a master level tactician at the helm and Mind Control powers. Don't forget Bio Vampire is juicing at least some of Ourboros's men. You need to stop ignoring the power of a tactician

#6 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

Wasn't ignoring it as much as trying to get a less ball sucky analysis from you.

#7 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:10 AM

Youch!

#8 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

I know right

#9 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

Treacherous' Powers: Tactician: 1 (Standard)

#10 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

Would you fudge herders vote already? Argue!!! Do something!! Gawd!

#11 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:19 PM

Gee, I guess for the first one I have to go with Brainchild. She's attacking and the element of surprise is on her side. She's really quick and can dodge a lot of what old Rodge could throw at her. If she's doing her detective thing she could sort of stalk him on his own ship, and once she gets in close he wouldn't be able to react fast enough before its *POW *SMACK *POOSH and what not.

For the second match Ouroboros because I said so. Also what Pseudo said about tactician and that mind control stuff. You can pay people to work for you but money isn't always as influential as a parasite to the brain. They might even get some help from the Angels of Sayang. Oh wait did I say that. Who mentioned them? Never mind; don't worry about it. The Angels of who, never heard of them, they don't exist and this is in now ay me plugging an upcoming fic....

#12 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

Surprised to see people (well, three people) think that BrainChild could take down the Spire and Roger by herself. That's real interesting. I guess the Children of Sayang are screwed. Their mode of transportation might get taken down by one girl.

#13 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

When I voted I assumed the actual Spire wouldn't be THAT involved in the fight due to it being one on one. Of course, if 2 on 1, then it wouldn't be much of a fight.

#14 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

Gotta remember the Vehicle power IS the Spire. The vehicle power description says that the Vehicle: Supreme is about as powerful as a Batmobile, Batplane. I'd say the Spire would have an even time against either vehicle. Both have some heavy artillery. Ultimate Vehicle would be the Millenium Falcom, which would dust the Spire. All in all, you gotta pay attention. Vote is cast now. It stays.

She got another vote too. But it's not too far out of reason that she could make her way through the Spire unscathed and pop Roger in the nose. She'd have a lot to dodge, but not too far fetched. I guess.

#15 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

But the Spire is a Global character? I don't see how you can buy a Global sidekick with Supreme Vehicle. The points just don't add up to me, but I do see what you mean.

#16 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

My explanation makes sense, doesn't it. It's a vehicle. It's supreme level per the description: Batmobile level. The Chaos Spire definitely isn't Millinium Falcon.

So, it's probably too late but here's my assessment (pay close attention, because this explains a lot):

The Spire itself is more powerful from the inside. It's defenses act as an immune system. If you're inside it, the Spire will go nuts. Walls slam into you, spikes come out the floor, rooms shift and don't forget Dr. Odierno had a lab somewhere in there with creature crawlies running around. They are still there. Percy feeds them good guys.

Now, Old Roger gives the Spire purpose - To be a pirate ship. The Spire likes having purpose. When this happens, the Spires internal defenses become external offenses. He gets cannons and gun torrets and stuff. So if you're inside while it's in this form, you have a better chance at surviving. With this said, BrainChild doesn't stand a chance either way. Please! Her detective, speed and agility isn't enough to get to Roger before she's skewered by all that polymorphing, creation, reality warping nonsense that I stuffed into these characters. I built them to be ridiculous. Deo (though, your opinion may have been a ruse as to not have to face the powerhouse that is Old Roger later, you sly fox), your crazy. Two other people, your crazy. Darkender, you just didn't think it through. Winner: Old Roger easy (as Pseudonym stated in the beginning).

Ouroboros vs Dangerman...hmm, very tough. They both have the same resources nearly. Dangerman has more money and huge corporations. Ouroboros has MIND CONTROL. I believe that is the kicker. Ouroboros could infiltrate DanCo with a few of those parasites. Winner: Ouroboros

#17 Ivan

Ivan

Canon Fodder

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

I'm confused, you put Brainchild in a handicap match against a two Global characters? In that case she loses, otherwise she wins. If it comes down to purely powers and not concepts, nothing inside the Spire has an intelligence or agility above Weak (this is true no matter which of these two Characters she's fighting,) which means she can endlessly dodge or outwit anything she can't tank, and Combat Supremacy means she's getting cheater-level speed feats, essentially constant bullet timing. With weak mind AND weak agility, the thing can't even think/react fast enough to deal with her before she gets to the next room.

Now if you're throwing concept in, she probably loses because people can imagine all kinds of horrors to trip her up. But going purely based on powers, as it says in the red letters up there, all of those horrors are drooling, lumbering slowpokes.

#18 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

Where the crap have you been? I've had six of these mister! But, you gotta read the Spire and Old Roger. It's not handicap as Roger is nothing without the Spire. He's basically just the ship's captain and yes, he's slow as a rock. But it's a massive, island sized rock that can shape change. And well, he controls that.

#19 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:45 AM

Treach is a pumpkin eater....

...Cheater.

#20 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

You're all just feared of the brilliance of the Old Roger/Spire combo. I realize that awesomeness is a bit intimidating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users