55 replies to this topic

#21 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

In order to call him "ignorant", I don't even have to look at his lack of knowledge about other universes. Just looking at his knowledge about Broly, is enough to call him "ignorant".

1. He claims that Broly can "destroy galaxies in the blink of an eye". False, even a minimum of research can tell you that Broly isn't even close to that level.

2. He claims that "nothing and no-one can defeat Broly". Again, false. Broly was defeated by Goku, with a minimal power-up(the energy from his friends, who were at the time, extremely weakened).

Just the first claim, would be enough to call him ignorant.

The fact that others are not as knowledgeable about things(in this match), is exactly the reason for my posts. If I don't post, and educate people, i.e. fix the ignorance, then people keep spouting ignorant nonsense. Instead, I point out their lack of knowledge, and try to educate them. I know that I probably won't be able to change the opinion of a raging fanboy(as the ignorant in question), but I can change the opinions and/or educate other people reading the thread.

#22 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

As well as the fact that due to the location of the fight, Superman will(unlike Broly) be continuously rising in power. Eventually Broly's energy level will start to fall, at which point(if not earlier) he loses.

Well don't forget Broly's ki increases as the fight goes on. As you know, more ki in Dragonball means more power, strength, speed, durability etc.

#23 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

I'm not forgetting anything. But unlike Superman, who doesn't have an upper limit. Broly does.

#24 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

I'm not forgetting anything. But unlike Superman, who doesn't have an upper limit. Broly does.

I don't think he does have any limits. If his power is always increasing, how does it have a limit? That is like saying Hulk has a limit to his strength, which case he doesn't.

#25 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

Educate people? I'm sure we are educated enough but some people have their own interpretations of things. You claim people have Ftl reflexes when they themselves aren't Ftl (deathstroke) yet there is nothing that states that except a few scans of him tripping the flash

In this case I'm not saying that Broly wins but agree with you in that it will be a huge battle as Broly is not going down with out a fight.

#26 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

I don't think he does have any limits. If his power is always increasing, how does it have a limit? That is like saying Hulk has a limit to his strength, which case he doesn't.

There is absolutely no proof that Broly's power is always increasing.

Educate people? I'm sure we are educated enough but some people have their own interpretations of things. You claim people have Ftl reflexes when they themselves aren't Ftl (deathstroke) yet there is nothing that states that except a few scans of him tripping the flash

In this case I'm not saying that Broly wins but agree with you in that it will be a huge battle as Broly is not going down with out a fight.

I have said that he(deathstroke) has "instantaneous reflexes", which is simply what DC has stated about the character.

I have also said that he is capable of moving his arm(holding his broadsword) the entire way across his body, in a fraction of a second, which is also just a fact.

#27 Guest_Hayes_*

Guest_Hayes_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

@methos We will have to agree to disagree. I am more than sure that is true about Broly. In the movie he states something along the lines of "my power is rising" and he has to release his energy to keep it under control. In the Japanese dub he says "my ki is overflowing". That is what makes the LSSJ legendary compared to other super saiyan forms. Saiyans receive a boost after a battle, while his increases as the fight goes on.

I wonder what affect his telekinesis would have on Superman. Pretty much every character in DBZ has the ability but I think Broly and Frieza are the only ones to use it in an offensive attack.

#28 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

He says "My ki is rising... It's overflowing!" Now where is it said his power always rises, or never stops rising? If Cell or anyone else in Dragon Ball said that, would you assume it was perpetual? No, you'd just accept that their power was rising.

And guess what happens as soon as Broly says that line, he flies up into the sky and fires off energy balls throughout the area. He was releasing energy while in apparent pain. Why would he do that? Probably because, you know, he was overflowing with energy. He has a limit to ki he can hold and when that limit's reached he has to expel his excess energy.

We are also not told, in any way, how much his power grows, or how quickly. Just that at the time he says that line, he has apparently reached the maximum for how much energy he can hold at that point.

Also, the line is used once, only in the first movie, and never brought up again. If he was "continuously getting stronger, with no upper limit", you would think that they would include it in the other two movies with Broly as well.

I repeat: "There is absolutely no proof that Broly's power is always increasing." and, "unlike Superman, who doesn't have an upper limit. Broly does."

#29 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

There is absolutely no proof that Broly's power is always increasing.

I have said that he(deathstroke) has "instantaneous reflexes", which is simply what DC has stated about the character.

I have also said that he is capable of moving his arm(holding his broadsword) the entire way across his body, in a fraction of a second, which is also just a fact.

Which none of that is Ftl nor should it be implied, that's not this topic though and simply meant that as an example.
(mind thoughts being no where close to light speed and just implies that he is as fast as can be physically)

In this fight, we have the set up say that Broly has already destroyed a lot of the nearby area, it is near a sun, which makes Superman be at 100% all the time with the exception if he takes a beating far worse than he can handle. Broly might not be as strong as Superman which I agree, but his durability and stamina will keep him in there and his blasts are a lot more powerful than Supeman's are so in terms of energy Broly has it in terms on strength Supes has it thus making a great fight.

#30 Guest_Hayes_*

Guest_Hayes_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

@methos There is a limit to how much power at a time he can handle, which like I said he has to release. Perhaps the power he releases could really damage Superman? Once he releases it, it refuels itself. So, yes I'd call it perpetual. Again we will have to agree to disagree, I think both our minds are made up on this.

Whatever the outcome of this match is, I will make this into a small arc. Let's just say Darkseid is watching this fight closely.

#31 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

If Broly is that powerful I once again state he should have won both fights in the films. Broly couldn't overpower Goku who had energy from 3 Z Fighters who were barely alive? Broly couldn't destroy Gohan and Goten quickly like he should have.

By the way nowhere in that film did it say Broly has no limits. They just kept saying he was the legendary Saiyan and was suppose to be the most powerful Saiyan that ever lived. Which that is bullcrap since god knows how many people passed Broly's power level from DBZ to GT.

#32 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:47 PM

@methos There is a limit to how much power at a time he can handle, which like I said he has to release. Perhaps the power he releases could really damage Superman? Once he releases it, it refuels itself. So, yes I'd call it perpetual. Again we will have to agree to disagree, I think both our minds are made up on this.

Whatever the outcome of this match is, I will make this into a small arc. Let's just say Darkseid is watching this fight closely.

I wouldn't say my mind is made up. I'm always willing to be convinced in the face of solid proof.

But there is no evidence that I have seen, which shows Broly having no upper limit(other than the same thing that goes for all Saiyans). Nor that his energy is continuously rising.

If it was continuously rising, then one would think that he would reach the 'overflow' point, more than that one time in the first movie. There are two entire movies with him, where no such thing happens.

And when they find Broly, frozen in ice, his energy hasn't changed from the last time they saw him.

#33 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

I wouldn't say my mind is made up. I'm always willing to be convinced in the face of solid proof.

But there is no evidence that I have seen, which shows Broly having no upper limit(other than the same thing that goes for all Saiyans). Nor that his energy is continuously rising.

If it was continuously rising, then one would think that he would reach the 'overflow' point, more than that one time in the first movie. There are two entire movies with him, where no such thing happens.

And when they find Broly, frozen in ice, his energy hasn't changed from the last time they saw him.

Perhaps he reached his limit the one time where he had to release it in the manner he did in the first movie. He can expel his energy by fighting too. It doesn't have to be as dramatic as it was in the first movie. Against someone like Superman, he will be releasing a lot of energy during the battle, which will refuel itself.

Well when he was frozen he crash landed to the Earth, and he also had a gaping wound in his chest. If I had to guess, most of his power was focused on healing himself. Being frozen more than likey slowed the process. When he is out of the ice, you can see his chest is not fully healed.

#34 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

Superman wins.

Also, I keep hearing people say that Deathstroke has "instantaneous reflexes", but I haven't found mention of this anywhere. Where did DC say this?

#35 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:09 PM

Superman wins.

Also, I keep hearing people say that Deathstroke has "instantaneous reflexes", but I haven't found mention of this anywhere. Where did DC say this?

I do not know, but I don't remember Deathstroke being in this fight? There is a thread that you could ask that here: http://www.electricf...20

#36 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:11 PM

I'm "banned" from that topic. Anyway, I was just asking cause someone else brought it up. My bad. But yeah, Superman wins.

#37 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

I'm "banned" from that topic. Anyway, I was just asking cause someone else brought it up. My bad. But yeah, Superman wins.

It's cool. It was pymp that brought it up anyways. Ignoring him is usally the way to go :P

#38 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

Just brought it up as a point, but I shouldn't have brought that up here. Sorry guys

#39 force_echo

force_echo

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:07 PM

I just read over Broly's wiki, and apparently when he was a kid he had to use some kind of force field so he and his dad could survive in outer space. Also, he died by getting sent into the sun the second time. Superman is capable of both of these things.

#40 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

I just read over Broly's wiki, and apparently when he was a kid he had to use some kind of force field so he and his dad could survive in outer space. Also, he died by getting sent into the sun the second time. Superman is capable of both of these things.

He made the shield to survive the planet exploding. In the movie he flies through space blowing up planets. He was killed by the sun and the combination of 2 full powered Kamehamehas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users