- - - - -

Match 11942 Power Girl vs. The Silver Surfer

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

The Silver Surfer, the herald of Galactus is out doing what he is made to do for his master Galactus. He comes upon a world that seems ripe for his master. This planet Kry7 is a planet in a star system much like earth. The atmosphere oxygen and land masses almost reflecting the terrain of earth itself. Due to this planet being so close to earth there was a lot of speculation to whether or not this planet could be seen as a secondary host planet for the people of earth if a crisis ever came that would result in mass evacucation from the planet. This is a more scientifically advanced universe to where we are in a time much like our own yet due to man in this universe being way more intelligent than he normally would be, there are advances in medicine and life that we don't have now. In this world, robots are a reality, androids are a reality and so many advances in the quality of life that they are too many to name. Technolgy has truly become the order of the day in this universe.

This has led to the discovery of Kry7 and on Kry7 there are inhabitants and those inhabitants are not like the people of earth, they look totally different than earthlings yet after the discovery of their planet were integral in creating the Kry7 referendum and this was a realtionship with earth and all it's people. They are a peaceful people and highly intelligent and their planet has technology far beyond anything that earth has now. The people of Kry7 have shared so much with earth and have offered support if anything happens that results in the need of their intervention.

Power Girl, being one of the few beings that are capable of interstellar travel was chosen as one of the superhero envoys to the planet and acts as an ambassador of information and exchange. She is there also to assist in helping protect Kry7 in case threats arrive that they can not handle and also support in other areas where she may be needed. They truly enjoy having her around and until now there have not been any threats that she needed to respond to. On this day however, all of that changes as she will have to respond. So, let us take you to the situation at hand and you can watch as this develops...

Ako, a scientist of the people of Kry7, has the primary responsibility of monitoring the atmosphere of Kry7, he contacts Power Girl telepathically and she stops in mid flight...

Power Girl, you are needed here, there is something that we must make you aware of. Could you join me in the monitoring station?...his voice sounding serious in her head..

Sure, i will be right there..this telepathy thing takes some getting used to...groans Powergirl

(She flies fast and meets with Ako and he shows her something disturbing on the monitor)

Power Girl, there is a disturbance in the atmosphere that is unlike anything we have seen before..his eyes showing deep concern..

Well, is it a storm? What is it?...she asks, with eyes fixed on the screen...

It seems to be a person or humanoid form of some type and it is moving fast as it just passed the outer layers of our atmosphere and coming in fast, so fast that is causing some problems with storms and even a planetary quake due to it's power whatever it is...Ako explains..

Where is it exactly? I will intercept it and find out more...as Power Girl tries to make sense of the monitor..

Power Girl its coming through sector 14 and it's fast and we don't know what it wants and..... he stops as Power Girl flies off before he can finish..

(She rips through the sky heading right for whatever it is and then as her eyes look to the far horizon there it is and she flies as fast as she can to intercept it and her eye grow wide as she begins to make sense of it, a man on a silver platform that she has no name for yet. Her speed allows her to finally fly beside it and she sees that the figure is all silver and shines in the light of Kry7 and she tries to talk to it while flying...)

HEY! What are you doing here on this planet? Where are you from?...yells Power Girl...

(she gets no answer as the being keeps going..)

Look, i just want to talk here I need to know what you want! Who are you?....yelling again...

(She then cuts off her silent adversary and it does indeed make the being stop)

For the last time, what are you doing here and are you here in peace or what? I only need to know, I mean you no harm...scowling at her silver skinned humanoid...

I am Norrin Radd or better known as the Silver Surfer and this world is doomed...he proclaims

What do you mean doomed? Are you here to destroy it?...clenches her fist ...

No, my master is going to destroy it, I serve the devourer or worlds, the mighty Galactus and this world will serve to fee his hunger...

Why this world? This is a peaceful world er Norrin and I can't allow harm to come to it's people, you have to tell your master that this won't be a world he can destroy, we have to find some other way...hovering in front of him, eyes fixed on him...

Lesser beings mean nothing to my master, he is beyond such reasoning, he hungers and he must feed and this has been the way of the universe for millions of years before your existence and mine...

That may be so yet destroying a world full of life isn't something I see as meaning nothing to anyone!...gritting her teeth...

You and this world are next to be consumed and I shall lead my master here so that he can feed, it shall be done so swears Galactus! There is nothing you can do to stop him or stop me from leading him here, I would prepare for your end....

Wait! There isn't going to be an end and you aren't going to bring anybody here to destroy this world and if so I wil stop you!...her eyes showing determination...

You can try yet you will fail, many have tried before and the result is always the same. I have the power cosmic, power far beyond you, I would not advise you to try to hamper my service to my master, do so and you shall be stopped. This world is ripe with he energies my master needs and now I go to lead him here ....

(Power Girl thinks that if she can stop him from leaving that he will not be able to bring Galactus here. She doesn't even know what Galactus is yet whatever it is doesn't sound good. So she does the only thing she can do and that is cut him off as he turns to fly back out to space...the Surfer looks at her in bewilderment...)

You can not stop me, you have no other choice but to leave this world before it dies or die with it, I go now to bring forth Galactus...the surfer looks away as if she means nothing..

(Power Girl has no other choice...she has to stop him...)

Power Girl, there is something you need to know!...her head rings with the telepathy of Ako

AKO! What is it? This guy is threatening to destroy the whole planet!

This being whatever he is has so much energy eminating from him that I don't know if you are going to be able to stop him or not. Our sensors that are scanning him are all showing erratic readings, he carries an unknown energy even for our technology, he is beyond the scope of what we know, you must be careful, we don't know exactly what it is you are fighting!...

Ako, don't worry there isn't too much in this universe I haven't faced before and this guy looks tough but I swear to you and all your people that I will stop him!...

(As she finishes telepathic communication with Ako, the Silver Surfer then does what he had intended to do and that is leave the atmosphere of this planet and send word to his master Galactus for the time to feed is near, Power Girl goes after him as his speed increases and realizing that she is not going to go away, the Surfer turns towards her to do battle as his hands begin to glow with the cosmic energy that Galactus gave him...he floats in front of her...)

You do not understand the scope of things that you interfere with...you are going to give your life when you have the chance to save yourself..this is my last warning do not interefere with the business of Galactus..

You have a one track mind, do you never think for yourself?

His will is mine, and I choose to serve him, that is not for you to judge..

It is for me to judge when lives are on the line! ...her brow furrows...

This decision is beyond the lives of the populous of that planet...do not try to stop me should you do so i will have to destroy you...you will leave me no choice...

Well, I will give you no choice then because you have to be stopped here and now and you are not going to cause this planet to die...not while I have anything to say about it! ..

(Power Girl then uses her kryptonian speed to lunge at the Surfer with a punch and slugs him!! The surfer then turns his head back towards her seemingly unharmed! Power Girl is shocked as he knows she put some muscle into that punch and the Surfer's glow around his hands gets brighter...)

As you wish, you will now fall prey to the power cosmic!

(Power Girl knows she is about to get blasted...she's ready...as his hands glow the Surfer lets off a blast from both hands of his immense power and Power Girl dodges out of the way with ease!)

I am not that slow, I can tell you are powerful but that was far from my best shot...let's see how much you can take!...clenching both fists she readies for another attack..

(The Surfer sees her coming in and this time with far more speed than he anticipated, he tries to blast at her again yet she dodges as she comes in and gets inside and nails the Surfer with an uppercut that knocks him from his board and sends him spinning back end over end and even he is suprised he's hurt and he quickly regains control of his flight!! He again focuses on Power Girl and he's serious this time, very serious! She seems pleased with herself as the Surfer connects with his board again and now distance is between them. Their eyes lock in a stare of determination...the next move is anybody's guess...)

Who wins?

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

Learn More About
Power Girl
Read more about Power Girl at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics Links: Power Girl Wiki Entry Alan Kistler's Guide to Power Power Girl Online

The Silver Surfer
Read more about The Silver Surfer at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Links: Wikipedia: The Silver Surfer The Marvel Database Project: The Silver Marvel.com: The Silver Surfer

#3 Shoggoth breeder

Shoggoth breeder

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Calling Cthulhu

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

Silver Surfer

#4 Lunacyde

Lunacyde

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Guns, Sports, History, Politics, Mythology, Environmental studies,Nature, Spirituality, Survival Skills, etc.

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

Surfer.

Also anyone find that last sentence funny?

#5 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

Gee, it's almost like the set-up has put Surfer in a position to win the match with ease, what with the way he tanks a full-powered punch from Power Girl and all... :rolleyes:

#6 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:58 AM

Just one point I want to make, had this been superman I know that this would have been judged differently from the start. She's kryptonian just like him and more than likely capable of levels of power just like Superman as well. Just saying that had this been superman people would have probably said Supes right off. Just because its a female kryptonian does that mean she's way off the mark in power? This setup was not made to make it look as if she has no chance because she does surely have one just as Superman would if it were him. Yet, amazing how when it's Superman nobody thinks he can be defeated no matter who he's against unless its a cosmic entity. Power Girl shouldn't be underestimated yet she's rarely used or even seen in DC comics. Its hard to really judge her power I know.

#7 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:05 AM

I'm well aware of what Power Girl can do. She (and most other Kryptonians, for that matter) have no way of beating Surfer.

#8 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

Ok, though she woud not get obliterated.

#9 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:13 AM

Power girl doesn't stand a chance.

Silver Surfer has so many ways of defeating her, including just beating her to death that it's ridiculous.

#10 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:07 AM

And no, she's not as powerful as Superman. Plus, Supes wipes the floor with her in experience.

#11 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

Cosmic awareness and more are some of Surfer's abilities thats gives him the win here. Surfer could render her powerless if he wanted too and more. Good setup by the way.

Powergirl by the way does not have as much experience as Superman in fighting beings on Surfer's level.

#12 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

Well it's not a mismatch is it? The way people go on and on about nobody being able to beat Supes I thought for sure that with her being like him she can take nearly everything he could.

#13 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

Superman vs Silver Surfer, would be just as much a mismatch.

#14 Lunacyde

Lunacyde

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Guns, Sports, History, Politics, Mythology, Environmental studies,Nature, Spirituality, Survival Skills, etc.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

Superman would lose to Silver Surfer as well. Surfer just has too great of a variety of abilities.

Physically I think they're a great match, but Surfer's abilities give him an easy win.

#15 Guest_anu_*

Guest_anu_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

So the super speed= light speed meaning she could go just as fast as him yet not take the blasts generated by the power cosmic? You are saying she couldn't hit him hard enough to knock him out?

#16 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

He doesn't need to use Blasts of energy, his cosmic awareness will tell him that red sunlight or kryptonite is all that is necessary to defeat her.

#17 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

Nobody being able to beat Superman? Thats funny I have seen more people say Superman would lose then win on here depending on the matches. Surfer is past light too and has the strength to match Powergirl. However why would he do that when he can use his cosmic awareness to defeat her.

#18 baneblade

baneblade

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

The 'cosmic awareness' works when Surfer is at 'his level headed best'. With a panicky schedule he probably won't get to imply it, a scenario we have seen all too often in his story lines. Hence, kindly refrain from the 'its a given Surfer will beat someone like Superman'. No he won't. We have been through so many times on various posts on these boards that it is almost taboo, that a grey area is reached almost immediately. My take is more realistic, and has been implied in the comics: Surfer's reactions, implications of abilities and subsequent win, or loss come along with the other traits of his character: fallibility, doubt, hesitance etc. Due to these factors, among others, I sincerely believe Superman will have Surfer on the ropes, if not downright beat. Saying that Surfer will just trump him is denying all the losses Surfer has suffered against far less experienced and powerful opponents. Also, saying that he has this ability and that, and yet looking away from his severely limited and pacifist character traits is only denying the depicted publishing history on purpose.

However, the match is not Superman vs Surfer, but PG vs Surfer. While Power Girl can take him aback initially, she will not win because she is not to good on aversion, opponent gauging, and as stated ably by others, far less in experience than Superman. Her most debilitating factor will be her over confidence. She will underestimate Surfer, and she will fall right into his 'ability set'. Surfer for the win.

#19 Redemption X

Redemption X

Released the Kraken

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Interests:DC Comics

Marvel Comics

science fiction

fantasy

classic/gothic horror

classic videogames

anime and manga

giantesses

fun movies

That Guy With the Glasses

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

To the best of my knowledge, Superman has never beaten anyone on Surfer's power level on brute strength alone. Every time he went against someone of Surfer's level, he either came up with a plan or had outside help.

Also, on the presumption that a being with Superman's powers is not as powerful as Superman himself, two words: Superboy Prime.

And since "someone with Superman's powers" doesn't necessarily mean a Kryptonian, two more words: Black Adam.

#20 baneblade

baneblade

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

To the best of my knowledge, Superman has never beaten anyone on Surfer's power level on brute strength alone. Every time he went against someone of Surfer's level, he either came up with a plan or had outside help.

Also, on the presumption that a being with Superman's powers is not as powerful as Superman himself, two words: Superboy Prime.

And since "someone with Superman's powers" doesn't necessarily mean a Kryptonian, two more words: Black Adam.

That is why Redemption Bro, I mentioned experience among other things. I wholly agree brute strength does not cut it. Superman's ability to wage battle comes not from strength alone, but from using it effectively. From what I know, he is a much much smarter 'fighter' than Surfer. Surfer is a head on fighter, who will, with the luxury of those few seconds, add in a bit of improvisation here and there. Superman breathes improvisation, in spite of his limited 'power-set' in comparison to Surfer. He is a more effective combatant, plain and simple.

That is why, I repeat myself, Powergirl will lose. She is not as shrewd or battle smart as Superman, and usually lets her 'marbles' spin even before she is in the thick of the fight. Not saying she is stupid, (certainly knew better to wear a distracting outfit), but she is gullible on many levels, and those precious few seconds Surfer will have to improvise are likely to come about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users