• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MadBull

MadBull

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

Hiya, got a simple question, what do the different modifiers (ranged, area effect and so on) do for the command powers like ally? Isn't an ally naturally mobile and therefor "ranged"?

#2 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

Ranged means your ally/minions can attack at a range, not that they are ranged from yourself. If you want them to have guns, arrows, etc, then take ranged.

#3 MadBull

MadBull

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

alright, but when I want my minions to have, say, bows and arrows, don't I have to take "Piercing Weapon", and chose the ranged option THERE instead of with my Ally power?

#4 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

Basically what it says below.

Ally
General: The character is teamed up with a single assistant of some kind, be it a sidekick, a servant, a robot helper, or what have you. Additional powers can be attributed to this individual instead of the primary character but must be specified as such in the description. What abilities they have that come with the Ally power should be explained within that power's description. An ally is subject to the same fight dangers as the main character.
Rank 1: The Ally has limited default abilities, roughly on the level of an ordinary human. Comparable to a Street character with 4 points.
Rank 2: The Ally is a skilled individual, able to actively assist in matches. Comparable to a Street character with 8 points.
Rank 3: The Ally is powerful in their own right, comparable to a Global character with 14 points.
Rank 4: The Ally is a full-fledged superhuman, by default nearly as strong as a normal Global character with 20 points.

Commander
General: The character commands a sizable force of followers, made up of humans, androids, or other relatively “normal” allies within feasible communication or technology. They are loyal, but subject to whatever powers the enemy has, including any that may turn them against you. By default each individual is comparable to a normal, unpowered human. Abilities may be claimed through advantages (such as taking Ranged to equip them with guns), but more advanced abilites require additional powers to be purchased and attributed to the commanded units. Higher ranks in the Commander power itself increase the possible number of allies and the potential for stronger followers with powers. If no specific ability is tied to them, stronger allies are considered as having higher base attributes.
Rank 1: Character can command roughly 5-10 support units.
Rank 2: 20-30 low-grade followers, or a small number of moderately capable units.
Rank 3: A dozen or so capable followers, over a hundred standards, or a bit of each.
Rank 4: Anywhere between a few skilled followers and an army of fodder.

So you don't have to take piercing, but the character's skill in using the weapon would vary depending on the level commander/ally is taken at, and if you supplement it with other powers on your character sheet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users