Photo
- - - - -

Fantasy Powers League Battles Presents:

Miss March vs. Sage Steel Will vs. Masuta Tengoku

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Fantasy Powers League Presents (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Miss March (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Sage (3 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Who Wins?

1. Masuta Tengoku (4 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. Steel Will (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

It's getting hot up in here. Finally getting to the big dogs. Only two more fights to go to end this round. We're down to the final eight in the first round. These guys are some of the heaviest hitters in the Global database. Once again we see who works their way up the ladder to prove who is the most powerful FPL character in the database (Global). All choices must be based on powers only. Leave the voting based on beautiful writing on the actual FPL fights. Please feel free to debate your heads off.

Fight 1

Atop Mount Rushmore:
Sunny day atop a big mountain with big faces. Remember, this is a national monument. I'd be careful up there if I were you.

Posted Image vs. Posted Image

Miss March
St: 0 Ag: 1 Mi: 2 Bo: 0

Creation (Ranged/Area/Multi): 2
Commander : 2
Tactician: 2
Flight: 1
Armor: 3

Sage
St: 0 Ag: 1 Mi: 1 Bo: 0

Teleportation: 3
Environmental Awareness: 2
Creation (Ranged/Area/Multi): 2
Power Manipulation (Ranged): 3

Fight 2

Bamboo Forest: Bamboo is very hard, but I think these two will break every tree in the woods.

Posted Image vs Posted Image

Steel Will
St: 3 Ag: 3 Mi: 1 Bo: 3

Berserker: 1
Regeneration: 2
Flight: 2
Emotion Control: 1

Masuta Tengoku
St: 3 Ag: 0 Mi: 1 Bo: 3

Martial Arts: 2
Phasing: 1
Combat Supremacy: 3
Gravity (Seeker): 2

Fight ends (Sunday)

#2 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

First Round Winner's Circle

Redeye
Fritz
Lord Greenwood
The Chaos Spire
Trevor Bornhoft
Midnight City
Hansha
DuB THuMP
Marshell Percy
Spectrum

Past Matches

Fight 1
Fight 2
Fight 3
Fight 4
Fight 5

#3 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

Miss March vs Sage

In this fight I don't feel like Miss March will get a hold of Sage much with his Teleportation. I think that will be the X factor of this fight and win it for him.

Will vs Ten

This would be a fight I'd like to see! Unfortunately, I don't think it would last long. Will's only thing is h2h and he will get destroyed in that area by Ten. Plus, his control over gravity really negates some of Will's flight ability. Steel Will will be playing right into Ten's hands (or fists).

#4 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

Sage wins the first one in an embarassing landslide. His Teleportation along with his Environmental Awareness (which may only apply to ethereal dimensions, but I'm guessing for these purposes it is not so limited) will stop him from getting hit by anything MM throws out.

Superior Creation + Supreme Power Manipulation will definitely be able to crack Supreme Armour.

The second fight is a lot trickier. I think Superior Flight is probably enough to resist Superior Gravity. Will could stay in the air if he had to, although not very high. If will goes DenseSteel and starts wailing away on Masuta, then the ninja is dead. Tengoku's whole gimmick is that he's not a cower and hide and be invisible kind of ninja, so any kind of dodging is totally not his style. He's taking Supreme - near Ultimate level punches head on. It's gonna be a dead slugfest. Both of them are hitting hard enough that the shockwaves will level the forest. It seems like Tengoku needs a moment to pop into nothingness, but Will's Supreme agility won't give him that moment.

I'm giving this one to Will by a hair.

#5 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

I’ll make that decision easy for you Pseudonym. You put an Olympic level decathlon with gold metal lifting and gold metal gymnastics in the ring with an undefeated MMA champion with silver medal lifting. Let me know who wins. Masuta will stand toe to toe and Will would be an idiot to do the same. He’s agile, but doesn’t have the fighting ability or the reaction time to really take on a fighter toe to toe like Tengoku. For every near ultimate level punch Will throws, Tengoku would counter with a simple feint (phase) and counter attack (Yes, Tengoku will stand toe to toe, but he’ll phase to get a good hit in if needed. It is part of his fighting style It is his Mu). Don’t forget he has Supreme Combat Supremacy + Superior Martial arts. Now let’s add the fact that the story clearly shows him using the Gravity attack to augment the strength of his attacks. That’s right, looks like the strength level is equal. Plus, the gravity does indeed moots the flight. Why would you fly around when the guy you try to dive bomb will let you phase through him and then send you plummeting head first into the dirt. You’d waste more energy trying to counteract the effects of the gravity than actually flying. He’d have to come down and when he does, he’d be outclassed in hand to hand. I don’t care how hard the guy is punching. Tengoku stands his ground and levels Will with strikes that crush marble. I suggest you get Ivan to argue against this, because I don’t see any way around this beatdown.

#6 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

You're underestimating supreme stats. Supreme Agility isn't an olympic gold medal in gymnastics and Supreme Strength isn't olympic gold. We're talking Spiderman and Bane here.Tengoku's MMA career is nothing to Spiderman. That's what Supreme Agility is.

#7 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

I would have to agree with Treach. Ten's fighting ability will allow him to counter most of Will's punches which is really all he has in this fight.

#8 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

You know I know that's not what supreme is. It was simply a comparison to help you better understand. End result, without flight, Will gets owned.

#9 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:25 AM

As for Sage and March, I wouldn't give it so easily to the magician. Miss March has three things over Sage, she's a smart (mind: superior), experienced (tactician) leader (commander). While he's diverting the ungodly storm of ballistics she's laying down, Dr. Raven shows up and cuts Sage's brain off while he's distracted.

#10 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

She doesn't control Raven with commander. She controls the Alpha Control. Tactician and intelligence can only help so much when your opponent can turn you inside out, from a distance, with a word.

#11 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

What? What part of Creation or Sage's power set can turn people inside out? March has just as much Creation as he does. He creates magic, she creates weapons of mass destruction. Same thing really? At least the same amount of damage can be implied. For any magical attack he can conjure, she can counter with some heavy duty tech attack (IE: Iron Man). Plus (Okay, I'll give you Alpha Control), she has a whole team that knows how to handle Sage. Plus, her own very intelligent mind.

Note: I'm not saying she would win, I'm just saying it's not a total blow out by any means.

#12 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

Sage has Creation plus Superior Power Manipulation. All Alpha Control can tell her is exactly how screwed she is.

That is: Very

#13 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

Fight begins: March keeps Sage busy for five minutes while she releases an invisible, unsmellable nerve gas into the air from her suit. Fight over.

Why does she know how to do this, because she's smarter, a better tactician and has Alpha Control back-up telling her that Sage is stupid.

Why does it succeed? Because Sage has absolutely no defensive powers, save teleportation and area take care of that and the fact that he'd have no idea it was happening because his opponent outsmarted him. You guys need to stop ignoring the power of a tactician.

#14 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

I'm not ignoring it. It's a very useful power. It's just not all to useful against the bloody engine of destruction that is Sage.

#15 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

I like when you go all British. Bloody twit!

#16 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

March and Sage are tied. Ask ivan who wins.

#17 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

No tie. Sage and Tengoku move on. Next fight coming up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users