• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:19 AM

Just thought I'd post this, I hope at least a few of you know who he was, Raybradbury was the author of quite a few notable scifi books, includding the now classic, Fahrenheit 451,the The Martian chronicles, and Something wicked this way comes. I recommend any of those books they all have lessons to teach and are well written

He passed away at 91 so he lived a long life and hopefully his books will forever be remembered as the classics they are.

Full article: http://www.collegene...ssed_away_at_91

#2 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

Fahrenheit 451 and his short stories were my favorite. One of the best authors that lived has died. He will forever be remembered because he is a legend that I know Florida and New York have students read Fahrenheit 451 for sure.

#3 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:42 AM

Bigballerju, it has gotten to the point that I want to hate Fahrenheit 451 just because you like it. There is something about your posts where I just hate them. You're not a troll, you're not an idiot, your posts are halfway decent, but there's something about them that makes them come off like a 6th grader wrote them.

But yeah, Bradbury writes some good stuff.

#4 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

I remember we had a couple choices in the 5th grade for summer reading. I chose Fahrenheit 451, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, War of the Worlds, and Ender's Game. That summer was the one that kickstarted my passion for science fiction, without which I probably wouldn't be on this site. My teacher always used to say that while other forms of fiction were about humans, science fiction was about humanity. Thanks for helping to open my eyes to the nature of humanity Mr. Bradbury.

#5 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

I don't know what your problem is with me Surfer but whatever. What exactly did I say that sounds like a 6th grader wrote them in my post above? I don't care if you hate my posts. So just deal with it.

#6 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

Bigballerju, it has gotten to the point that I want to hate Fahrenheit 451 just because you like it. There is something about your posts where I just hate them. You're not a troll, you're not an idiot, your posts are halfway decent, but there's something about them that makes them come off like a 6th grader wrote them.

Nope. He's none of those. He is a bit "clueless," though. ;)

No offense intended, BBJ, but I figured you would've been one of the first ones to request a title change, back when Fox was dishing them out.

#7 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

Fahrenheit 451 and his short stories were my favorite. One of the best authors that lived has died. He will forever be remembered because he is a legend that I know Florida and New York have students read Fahrenheit 451 for sure.

This stuff. 6th grade stuff.

One of the best authors that lived has died? Is there enough repetition in there for you? Not only do we know he is dead, we know he lived. If he lived, he obviously died. So really, there's enough repetition in the thought BEFORE you pointed it out.

#8 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

Nope. He's none of those. He is a bit "clueless," though.

No offense intended, BBJ, but I figured you would've been one of the first ones to request a title change, back when Fox was dishing them out.

I honestly missed that. Well that sucks.........

#9 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

Why do you need 3 ellipses at the end of that sentence, when one would work just as well?

Also, I unfortunately was only able to read a few chapters of 451, due to school budget cuts. Even so, I could tell it was a very good book. Bradbury will live on inside his work.

#10 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

I honestly missed that. Well that sucks.........

Heh. You can always try posting in the topic. Link. I saw him online this morning, so he's still around. Or you can just PM him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users