Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

Part One
http://www.electricf...showtopic=26585

Part Two

The salt tainted sweat dripped into my eyes as my chest heaved. I had won. I was able to best one of the Sentinels’ most renowned fighters. This would be more than enough proof for the board that I am ready for reinstatement, to return to my life. At least, I hoped. These thoughts raced through my mind as my eyes rested on what was left of the gym. I was so close to attaining the life that I had lost and the first person I wanted to tell was Dr. Wimble.

I walked into the waiting room, most likely carrying a foul odor of musk along with me, and approached the secretary.

“I’m sorry Mrs. Brooks, but Doctor Wimble isn’t here at the moment. Actually, he didn’t come in at all today.”

I felt like a child. Like the child that stepped onto the stage to deliver their only line for the school play to find, when they looked out into the audience, that their parents weren’t there. I quickly dismissed the feeling. I was emotional. I would see him tomorrow.

I awoke to the morning sun as it pierced through the slit of the shades and warmed my face. The morning had started off well and after yesterday I was feeling a lot less pessimistic about my meeting with the reinstatement board. Every time I thought about it actually, I felt a little bit better about it.

The sun had woke me up a little earlier than usual so I decided to make myself breakfast. The sound of the pancake batter hitting the hot pan filled the house as the smell sifted through the whole floor of my apartment building. It had been so long since I cooked breakfast that I had trouble finding the pans, and once I did I made a mental note to buy new ones. By the time I was done I had cooked entirely more than I needed, enough to easily feed a family of five. Then came a knock on the door.

I wiped off my hands and headed towards the door, but when I got there nobody was there to answer my call. I called again and then opened the door. A sticky note hung from the other side.

It read: “I could see how someone could make such good progress, Miss Brooks. Doctor Wimble is a great talker and listener. Too bad he’s not much of a fighter like you and I. Meet me at the top of the Fletchings building in Archer at Noon and you can collect your doctor. Come alone.”

I crumpled the paper in my fist and slammed the door shut.

#2 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

Learn More About
Catatonia (Caitlin Brooks)
Origination: Super
Alignment: Hero
Team: The Sentinels of Liberty and Justice

Redeye
Origination: Normal
Alignment: Villain
Team: The Fallen

#3 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:03 PM

This would definitely not be a one on one fight. RedEye would be luring Catalonia into some serious mess, and I don't know that she would be smart enough to get out of it. Redeye has got total control in this match.

#4 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

Good setup. I agree I don't know if Caitlin knows what she is walking into. Red Eye is gone put her through the loops and all sort of games before he kills her along with the Doctor both.

#5 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

I don't see it so cut and dry. Cait is a tank. She can take a lot of damage. Her metallic skin combined with her iron will serves as a great defense along with supreme strength and leaping which won't keep them far away.

Edit: I added part one btw.

#6 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

I think Redeye aught to win because he's my character. That's a good reason, right?

#7 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

But seee, Darkender, here's the thing. Redeye won't be there. Cait may be a tank but if Redeye wanted, he'd have her dipped in a pool of bubbling acid until she told Sentinel secrets.

In a straight one on one fight, Caitlin would rip his head clean off. But when you give Redeye full use of his Superior Tactician and his Creation ability. Caitlin is gonna find herself in some crap she wouldn't believe.

#8 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

I read Part One and it was good. You make a good point about her abilities but from the setup she's gone be in Red Eye's ball game and Red Eyes seems like the type from what I read about him he will take her abilities into encounter with whatever plans he has.

Now yes Caitlin Brooks could win due to being more powerful with her strength, will , leaping, and more most definitely could win. However the question is if she is smart enough handle to anything Red Eye will have in store for her.

Also remember Red Eye has superior tactician and weapons creation which are two good abilities to have together.

#9 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

I think that blah blah blah...hey look at this!!!

Posted Image

#10 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

With all the subtlety of a hammer to the nads

#11 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

Well this isn't really about who would win the fight as, at least I know you know Pseudo, but more about the run of the story. I wrote this set up so each character would have an equal chance of winning. Cait and Redeye running into each other on the street wouldn't be very fair since he's not much of a h2h fighter. This however is a bit more fair and fits the story I'm trying to tell.

But, since we're talking powers, I'd have to point out that RedEyes creations are superior while Cait's defenses are Supreme.

Also, Treach, unless that link leads me to a Knox character page get out! jk ;P

#12 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

Heh... I know it's about the story. I didn't mean for it to come off all CBUB like. Like I said the story was good and I look forward to see what happens next.

#13 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

Yeah, I know, I'm just making conversation. Talking about the two characters and how they work and junk. As for the set-up. There'd better be a good reason for Redeye to kidnap a random psychologist.

#14 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

Redeye could have took him to lure Caitlin Brooks and Caitlin is probably his real target.

#15 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

Redeye could have took him to lure Caitlin Brooks and Caitlin is probably his real target.

You hit the nail right on the head, my good sir.

#16 Callisto

Callisto

Goddess

• Administrators
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

Match Final Results
Redeye Won a match against Catatonia (Caitlin Brooks)
4 to 3
Catatonia (Caitlin Brooks): -25 fame points
Redeye: 25 fame points

#17 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

Ah, and the plot thickens!

This is a pretty good for the story actually, makes it much more interesting.

#18 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

Why is it that everytime I write the next fight the character I need for the story is never active/available!?!? Ugh.

Yet again, I have a story I can't use.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cat, got, that, clearasil, for, redeye, story, arc, Catatonia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users